March Mamas! It's here 3-1/3-15!! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 283 Old 03-01-2004, 03:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hope I'm doing this right! LMK if I need to change anything.

When are the March Mamas due???

lisab 3/1- Paul Thomas born 2/12/04
dancinggirl- Ava born 3-02
Boobiemama (Angie)3/3- Jack Stephan Robinson born 2/19/04
mamamorag- Kieran born 2/26/04
bebe luna 03/03
MissPiggy Daneaya born 03-02
Rainbowmoon Dylan born 03-04
Citizenfong 03/05
2girlsmom 03/05
Oak Faerie 3/5
Red Hot 3/5
Penguinlady 03/06
Sahara (Steph) 03/06
Gratefulmum 3/6
livelybaby River born 03-04
Jish (Beth) 03/12
fiacre 03/12
Dnr3301 (Rebecca) 03/12
gina 03/13
willowsmama03/13
jster (Jennifer) 03/14
DandelionCrown 03/14
Mum2sarah 03/14
coloradomom 03/15
Mamaroni 03/15
Spark 03/15
heythere heather 03/19
Emmama 3/20
RacheePoo (Rachel) 3/20
PumpkinSeed 03/21
Phoebe 03/21
Oceanone 03/22
thyme 03/22
kirstie 03/23
embalene 03/24
BathrobeGoddess 03/25
mamaMAMAma 03/26
PinkSunfish 03/28
indigolilybear 03/28
CherylE 03/25- Megan and Maribeth born 2/2/04
moom 03/31
lemon 03/31
#2 of 283 Old 03-01-2004, 05:15 PM

Thanks for setting up the new thread, Helen!
#3 of 283 Old 03-01-2004, 05:42 PM

HI March Mommies!

I can't believe it's our month! I hope everyone is doing well out there...I checked the other thread and it doesn't look like anyone had their babe over the wkend...if I missed anyone, I'm sorry!

I tested positive for GBS, so..bummer-heplock when I get to the hospital. Oh well, this is not going to bring me down. I am still so over the moon that he's turned and is LOA that nothing can make me feel bad at this point. Also I'm off work, so I can do a little gardening and tidying up around here before the little guy arrives, hopefully!

I'll CB later, hoping to catch more of you posting.

Rachel
#4 of 283 Old 03-01-2004, 11:14 PM

Here, I thought I'd put this link on the first page, so we could all use it if we want to. This is the one with birth forcast for the US and part of Canada and Mexico. http://www.intellicast.com/Local/USN...x&prodnav=none

Gosh, so we're officially in March. SOMEONE's got to give birth soon. Who's it going to be?

Spark and her four firecrackers.
#5 of 283 Old 03-01-2004, 11:42 PM

Boy this post has been slow today compared to the past 3-4 days....would it be safe to guess we might have a mama or two in labor??? I hope so I am ready for some birth stories!!!
#6 of 283 Old 03-02-2004, 12:36 AM

Just checking in... still big & pg here!
Any leap day babies???
#7 of 283 Old 03-02-2004, 12:43 AM

Hi Mama's! How's everyone doing? Iwas expecting to hear about some births. It's finally March after all!

I've been having shooting pains in my vagina and inner thighs. It's so painful, I can't stand up sometimes. My doula thinks the baby is pressing on a nerve.

Lucky me.
#8 of 283 Old 03-02-2004, 01:03 AM

Helllloooo March! Am I ever ready for you. I keep talking to baby every time we're outside. I point out the moon and tell them, "See that baby? The moon is growing bigger and bigger and when you see it full, when it's as big as it can be, that's your sign to come out and join me." Makes me feel like the poignant still frame from a movie if nothing else :LOL
Spark-your blessingway looks so special. How touching to have so many women out there supporting you.
I am not having a Blessingway. I had studied the Beautyway ceremony before, but wasn't even familiar with the Blessingway. Well, today I got a letter in the mail from my closest girlfriend. She hasn't given birth, but she's dearest to my heart. In the letter she painted this beautiful scene that we experienced together last year on the beach and told me that if it helped during labor to go there with her and she would be there helping me. I was having an emotional day before that, but that really put me over the top!
Looking at our "labor indicator" it's most likely someone in the eastern great lakes/Canada region that's going tomorrow...who? (although ny is closing in there!)

Dear hubby surf.gif, dd1 (8) dust.gif ds1 (5)hbac.gif and dd2 (NB) hbac.gif waterbirth.jpg

#9 of 283 Old 03-02-2004, 01:14 AM

gratefulmom! I LOL at your moon. That is so sweet and special! Gosh, I love it!!! And, then your friend withe picture. Oh, that is just amazing. Thats' really beautiful. What a great friend!

Willowsmama -- Thank you for starting this thread! We really appreciate it!

Ok, so this is new for me, I'm having ctx BEFORE I go to bed. They're really getting intense lately. I've had 10 (lasing 1 min each) in the past 20 minutes. If only I was a normal contractor, I would know that birth was close. But, since I'm all about quantity and not so much about quality lately, it's probably just nothing. Although, I am close to the orange in the labor index. And, I did just teach class tonight. If I birthed tonight, I could probably make my next class next Monday night. That's been a little dream of mine to not give my college students a day off.

In class tonight, a student asked me which hospital I'd be birthing at. I said, "Home actually." The class was dead silent all of a sudden. I fear I "outed" myself too soon. People looked shocked. One person asked, "What if you need a C-section?" I told them I had very good cutlery at home, winked and then said, we'd go to the hospital for that! Then, I went on with my lecture (if you can call babbling a lecture). What page are we on again???

Virus Update: Jude has been vomit-free since Friday/Saturday. YEah! I hope it continues!

#10 of 283 Old 03-02-2004, 02:36 AM

I'm still keeping up with all of you, waiting for more birth stories! Just havent posted since I have my arms full!

Jack was jaundiced for a while, but we kept him naked in the window and I talked to the birth center nurse daily. I nursed round the clock, well still am, but it was quite time consuming keeping him awake long enough to get a full nursing in. He's less yellow now and nursing for longer and having lots of wet diapers, so he's doing good!

Oh, you guys were talking about your other kids/having them prepared, etc....
My other 2 are 5 and 2. Right after I gave birth, the 2 yo didnt want anything to do with me. I asked her if she wanted to sit on the bed with me, and she sid no. She only wanted daddy.
I was really worried that we were going to have an awful time with her, but as soon as we got home from the birth center 5 hours after birth, she was fine. The nurse said it was totally normal, especially since I was in a weird place.
She is really sweet to the baby, likes to rub his head, and open up his gown to look at his feet. Its so cute. So I guess things are going really well, soetimes it gets really hectic and all three of them are crying at the same time(oh and one day me too...) but overall, things are good, and I dont think I traumatized anyone too much. Except for my hubby! LOL
He said no more kids the other day. But then tonigt they were sitting quietly on the couch eating apples as the baby nursed, and he said well maybe we can have more if they can act like this more often! LOL

Anyway, thats enough of me....
I am anxiously awaiting all of your babies!
#11 of 283 Old 03-02-2004, 03:16 AM

Hey everyone, just a quick update on what's going on with me.

I had the appointment with the ob this morning, and although I actually think that if I were in this thing by myself I would be comfortable enough to try the vaginal breech with him, my dh really isn't comfortable, and I'm not comfortable with that. Although some of you may not agree with what I have decided, and as much as it really pains me... tomorrow is my c-section. I couldn't live with myself if something went wrong, and knowing that dh isn't behind my decision would just be devastating, and I know it would be something I would never get over. Some things aren't worth it.

So, hopefully I will get to call CherylE in the next couple of days, and maybe she'll get a chance to post about my new baby (not like she's got a lot of time though, so who knows...). Otherwise, I will let you all know what we've had later in the week or the weekend. I will be in the hospital for the next 3-4 days approximately. Hopefully the food won't be as bad as I'm imagining. My OR time is for 12:20 tomorrow, and I can't eat anything after midnight tonight. I'm tempted to binge in the next 2 hours, but I guess that wouldn't be so great, eh?

I'm hoping that some of you can send me out some of those great peace vibes! I'm extremely excited to meet my baby, but at the same time scared to death of this surgery.... Can't wait until it's over, and I'm holding my baby!!!

Hopefully, there will be lots of great birth stories on here by the time I get back! Maybe a birth is what this place needs to get the ball rolling - there's lots of close ones coming!! GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!!!

And good luck to you on Wednesday Gina - I'll be thinking about you!
#12 of 283 Old 03-02-2004, 03:29 AM

Hey MissPiggy~
I'll be thinking of you tomorrow!! We can't always have our "ideal" birth but still you will love that baby and be a wonderful mama, and that is what is the most important thing!
I hope all goes smoothly... keep us informed and take care!

Gina~ I will be thinking of you as well... peaceful birthing

bathrobegoddess~ how is it going for you???

dancinggirl??
rainbowmoon??

Now... when am I going to "pop"????
#13 of 283 Old 03-02-2004, 07:53 AM

thanks all, for your kind words.
this preg. has me so isolated it is really touching when someone says hello in there. (apologize fro sounding pathetic!) i tend to be very independent and to really enjoy being alone though, so it hasn't been so awful-
so, miss piggy and i will be meeting our little ones on a schedule! i think i'm going to go for acupuncture tomorrow morn. and see if i can stimulate labor somewhat so as not to surprise the little one too much- how hard on them to emerge so suddenly into the world w/out warning-
i'll report back after the weekend w/ my story- b/c of this partial bedrest, we have all felt so deprived i have a big fantasy about our lives starting just after the baby is born- i can't wait to spend time out in the world w/ my almost 3 yr. old- she has been WAITING and she needs her mommy to be able to be there for her- in many ways i emotionally (and physically, of course) detached from her b/c i wasn't able to take care of her properly- we need to find each other again-
yuck- my surgery is wed. at 3:00- i am going to be so hungry!!!
looking forward to hearing more from everyone-
#14 of 283 Old 03-02-2004, 08:17 AM

I can't believe that MARCH is here already!! What a fabulous month this will be.

Sending peaceful birthing vibes to Miss Piggy and Gina. How exciting to know when you will meet your babies. I hope that all goes well for you and that you have as good a birth experience as possible. I look forward to reading your stories.

My belly casting kit arrived yesterday so I am hoping that we can have a go tonight. Really looking forward to it

#15 of 283 Old 03-02-2004, 08:31 AM

Miss Piggy -- The decision on how to birth is always the right one! It's what you want and I'm here to support you in that decision. I know you didn't enter into the decision lightly! I'll be thinking of you today and sending your belly full vibes your heart happy vibes to meet your baby and your body smooth, peaceful healing vibes We can hardly wait to hear back from you!

Gina -- I know this is has been really hard on you. A pregnancy like yours would take its toll on anyone! You've done such a great job taking care of your baby and keeping him/her safe and healthy, despite the sacrafices that you and your family have made. It will be worth it. The end of pregnancy/the beginning of the rest of your life is so near. I'll be thinking of you today, your last full day pregnant and tomorrow, the day you meet your baby. The one, who will make it all worth it! May your babies birth go smoothly, your recovery be easy and your heart soar when you go out for the first time with your family!

BebeLuna -- Maybe you need a magic 8 ball. Does anyone have one? Ask when Bebeluna is going to "pop"! Inquiring minds want to know! Gosh, I believe mother's intuition and you thought you were giong to go early. So, until we hear from the magic 8 ball owner, let's say you'll go today, ok? Does that make you feel better?

Boobiemama -- So glad to hear that adjustments are going well in your house! And, way to nurse that jaundice away! Good work!

PinkSunfish -- Have fun with the belly cast! Are you going to stand, kneel or lie down for it?

Now... if I only had a dollar for every BH I got...

#16 of 283 Old 03-02-2004, 08:50 AM

Hi Spark.

I am planning to kneel for the cast. I have a wee kitchen stool which I have been using (as per yoga instructions) for OFP and to help my back. I think that kneeling in that position will be the most comfortable and give a nice shape. If you have a better suggestion then I am all ears and ready to take advantage of your experience .

I forgot to mention that I have been having very vivid dreams about the baby and about labour (all good dreams so far). Last night I dreamt that my water had broken and that I was in the early stages of labour. There were lots of people in my room and I was yelling for everyone to leave me to be alone with my H. It felt like a pretty positive dream though so I am hoping that my subconcious is getting my head prepared for things.
#17 of 283 Old 03-02-2004, 09:06 AM

Ooh, good call, PinkSunfish. I think that's a great way to go -- kneeling on a stool. For the record, I've only done one. I'm no expert, but I could play one on TV if you gave me a job! My friend had me lay down and I think it made everything stretch outwards. I would have liked more forward of a belly. I like your dream. I reminds me of one I had early pregnancy - I was in a hospital (real weird sterile one) and the Dr. said, "it's time to push" but I didn't feel like pushing so he was going to give me an episiotomy. I started saying is a strong voice, "NO MEDICAL CONSENT FOR EPISIOTOMY!" over and over again. The words fell like gold. All the nurses and Drs. left. I waited and THEN felt the urge to push. I pushed the baby out into my hands. I think both our dreams are positive and powerful!

#18 of 283 Old 03-02-2004, 09:12 AM

Ah, I see I'm not the only one up...

had my appt with my mw tonight (mon). My BP is up when I'm upright (160/100 -ish!), but when I lay down it's only 122/64, so I have to make sure I rest a few times each day, by actually laying down, which as those of you with toddlers know is no easy feat. I show no other signs of hypertension, so mw isn't too worried. She thinks I get nervous when I see the BP cuff. I'm going to borrow my mom's cuff tomorrow and take my own periodically and see what that tells us. Baby is still off to the right, but at least is facing my hip rather than my pubic bone, which, come to think of it isn't as sore as it was a few days ago, so anyone who feels inclined to send turning vibes my way, go for it.

Somehow we started talking about astrological signs and what this baby will be. I'm surrounded by Pisces (sister, father, dd, friends), and have kinda always thought this one would be too, but then she asked what sign I was and what sign Dan is (both Leos) and said, oh you could easily have a Taurus this time, and I mentioned that I had my chart in the house (usually it's at my mom's in a baby book, but she brought the book over a few months ago during a time of turmoil in her house when she didn't want important stuff to "disappear"), so we looked at that for a while. It was cool, but I don't know much about that stuff, so don't remember what she was saying with any detail, except that it made sense that we get along so well. At one point she pointed at somethingon the chart and mumbled something about having "issues with father, hmmm." Ummm, yeah. My tub gets here on Sat! It's sooo real!

I was really thinking we'd get at least one Leap Baby, but no.

Heathy and peaceful birthing vibes for all, especially Miss Piggy and Gina. Isn't support an important thing? I bet you are so excited to meet your little ones! Good luck with your births. Oh, Gina- dd's birthday is wednesday. It's a great day for a birth.

Spark- so funny about the Magic 8 ball. Dh and I were joking that that's how we'd name the baby if it's a girl- "what is the Baby's name?" we'd ask, to which the Magic 8 ball would reply, "Not Likely!" What do you teach? I've been meaning to ask you for months. Isn't good cutlery great. Cracks me up.

Indigolilybear- I asked about the head rushes, only because you wanted to know. I was terrified that it was something to do with my BP, and would just as soon avoid it, but I said to myself, Indigolilybear needs to know too, here goes... Mw said it could just be low blood sugar or fluid in my ears. I was trying to remember if it was times when I had taken a bath right before bed, but haven't figured it out yet.

talk to you all later, I'm going to try to go back to bed...

R~mama to 3

#19 of 283 Old 03-02-2004, 09:24 AM

DNR -- Hope you get some sleep! I'm planning a long nap this afternoon! I teach Interpersonal Communication, Public Speaking, Advance Public Speaking and Oral Interpretation. Currently, I just have one Public Speaking class (they do half the talking, easiest one for pregnant woman to do!).

Alright, I've posted too much here lately. I'll read more, type less. But I only have two eyes compared to 10 fingers!!!

#20 of 283 Old 03-02-2004, 11:08 AM

Hmm looks like we're all up early this morning! Or maybe it was last night that all these posts magically appeared?

PumpkinSeeds-ouch! Is there anything you can do for the pain-are they ligament related perhaps? I wonder if a chiro would help?

gratefulmum-what a cool picture of being 'framed' by the moon telling baby to come on out when it's full.

Spark I had to :LOL about your "slip-up" in class...you have c-section cutlery at home! HAHAHAHA...thanks for the laugh.

Boobiemama-I'm glad Jack is doing better!

MissPiggy-please don't feel like you have to apologize for doing what's best for your baby and family! Happy baby day tomorrow mama! Sending lots of good wishes your way...

Gina-here's hoping for a happy baby day for you and a quick reconnection with your dd.

PinkSunfish-please post pics of your belly cast! I didn't have the nerve to do it with this pregnancy, but I love seeing others...

dnr-your baby's sun sign will be Pisces if you birth before the 20th, but the ascendant/moon/etc could be in Taurus...I've given some thought to this b/c I'm a Pisces due to have an Aries child...boy oh boy talk about a lifestyle change! Hope you get some sleep!

Anyone feeling extra pukey of late? Or is it just me? I'm so glad we're in March already...

Rachel
#21 of 283 Old 03-02-2004, 11:24 AM

Well, I've just got to hop in on this discussion, even though I'm a few hours late.

MissPiggy. . . I second what others have said. . . you have my support totally! It was a very difficult decision, and it's the type of thing that no one really knows what they would do, unless actually faced with the decision. You will do great, and you get to meet your baby!! THat's great. I'll be looking forward to hearing your story, what you had, the name, all the details!

Gina, same for you! I can relate somewhat to feeling badly about not being able to take care of your dd. I haven't been on bedrest, but in the last month or so, I've been in such frequent pain, that I find it very difficult to do the things I'd like to with my kids. I am very much looking forward to spring and getting outside and being active, too.

My mom keeps teasing me about having a Taurus--my little sister is a taurus and she has been a handful her entire life (she's now 22, almost 23, and still is!). My mom is also into astrology, and says that a Taurus trait.

I wanted someone to have a leap day baby too!

PumkinSeeds. . . I feel ya on the pain, girl! I'm having different issues, but man oh man. . . I'm going to the chiro today. and having a baby soon, I suppose that will help!

gratefulmum. . . what an awesome gesture by your friend!

PinkSunfish. . .I too would love to see photos of your belly cast. Have fun doing that! I would have liked to have done it, not sure why I didn't.

bebe luna, let us know if you find a Magic 8 ball!

Sending peaceful birthing vibes to all of you and especially to Gina and Miss P this week!

namaste.gif

#22 of 283 Old 03-02-2004, 11:48 AM

I can't believe no leap day babies!!! I thought for sure we would have at least one! Nothing is new with me except that I stopped contracting 48 hrs after I began and haven't even have a BH since then! What the heck is that about? So, I went back to work on Monday and all the teachers were very suprised to see me as was my classroom parents. Oh well, maybe my body just needed those two extra days off...

Good luck on the birth MissPiggy!

As with older children adjusting to the birth of a new sibling, I am worried about my dd too. I think because she is 9 everyone just exspects her to be super happy and have no negative feelings. I can't even imagine how hard it really must be for her. I was an only child. She has been an only child for 9 years! We have talked and talked about how life is going to change for the family and I guess that is all I really can do besides show her lots of love. But I don't think this could have happened at a better time as she is beginning to develop into a teenand with me being pregant now she has asked lots of questions about sex, conception, birth, etc. Anyway...I am just rambeling away!

Eden yikes.gif, working on a PhD in Education mama to Laurelleshamrocksmile.gif (16), Orijoy.gif (6), Yarrowfaint.gif (4) and Linusfly-by-nursing1.gif (1) partner to Brice. 
#23 of 283 Old 03-02-2004, 12:01 PM

Miss Piggy, I was afraid this morning when I thought of you that I might have already missed you, but now I see you don't go in til noon. I actually think you've made a fine choice. Provider experience is a big factor in safety of vag breech birth. Plus I am a firm believer in respecting your dh's wishes in birth, as well.

I'm praying for you and Gina both. Gina, thanks for letting us know what time you are going in. It's almost over!

I havent' had many dreams this pregnancy, in fact none at all in months. But a few nights ago I dreamed I was in a nursing home to give birth. This isn't as weird as it sounds...I used to work in nursing homes and was working in one when ds was born. Anyway, the nurse comes in and is talking to me and says something about how "since we know you're having a boy..." I didn't even hear the rest of it. Later in the dream I tracked her down and said, "How do you know I'm having a boy? I never had an u/s." She said, "Oh! Did I say boy? It says in your chart GIRL." I kept trying to find out why it would say that, but all she would say was that my chart clearly stated GIRL.

So even my dreams are ambiguous about girl or boy! I told you guys I have no intuition about that for some reason.

Okay, now I am confused by all the Taurus talk. Isnt' that at the end of April, into May? We're in Pisces now (I'm one) and the end of March into April is Aries (for the record, I have an Aries dh and ds--and they are two of a kind for sure). And then I thought Taurus was after that? Can you tell I used to live in Las Vegas, the astrology capital (or so it would seem)? :LOL

Claire, I, too, love the cutlery remark. That's a running joke in our house. Dh collects pocket knives and flashlights. He's on a knife forum (okay, it's not as scary and whack as it sounds--he's a former boyscout, not a psycho). Right before we got pg someone mentioned having been at a homebirth. Dh got all excited and posted a bit about our plans. Turns out the guy is a cop and was called there on an emergency call and he was FREAKED OUT! to say the least. So I always tease him that after the baby is born he should start a thread about "The best knife for cutting Baby's cord after an unassisted birth."

Rachel, I haven't puked since November. However, I've been feeling MUCH sicker in the past two-three weeks than I had for the previous month or two. So many people (who've never even been pg) have "accused" me of being impatient for the baby to come because I was somehow invested in giving birth early. Ummm, no. I'm invested in not feeling like I'm about to PUKE ALL THE FREAKIN' TIME! It HAS been NINE MONTHS!!! Plus, let's not forget the fact that one tends to start to think that something's going to happen when one has had regular ctx for 14 hours...

Whoops. Did I have a little rant there? Sorry!

Praying for patience for us all...

Tracy, doula and Army wife and homeschooling mama to A and E
#24 of 283 Old 03-02-2004, 12:10 PM

Hello All - only March 2, but boy aren't we chatty! I can't believe how much I missed in only a day. You poor dears who are up at night; that's how I was with dd and it stunk.

Anyone else got the pg carpel tunnel? I had it last time too, but not this bad. From about 3a.m. on, I wake up constantly with painful pins/needles in my arms. Then it's at least 10 a.m. before my hands work right again. My finger tips are pretty numb most of the time too. This is a drag and crimping my style since my first real day off from work is today and I've been planning all this stuff to do like finish dd and baby's new quilts and practice my guitar and bake bread. . . . . but my hands are useless!! Also, anyone else's teeth hurt? I don't know if it's related, my sinuses are a mess and I know sometimes when my sinuses are out of control the pressure makes my teeth hurt. . . but then the sinus thing could be pg related - Oh, I don't know.

To celebrate my first real day off, I made myself an awesome diner style breakfast - open face egg sandwiches on grilled bagel with cheese, cream cheese, smoked turkey and hash browns. Yum. when I looked at the plate it looked like WAY too much food, but when I was done, I was satisfied and the plate was empty!!

MissPiggy - you needn't apologize for your choices! What is most important is that you have made an informed choice for you and your family. I think some of us might worry more if you just chose c/s on a knee jerk reaction to something your doc or someone had to say. But you didn't; you thought carefully about all the risks, physical and emotional. No one should fault you for that. And tomorrow you get to hold your babe - hard not to feel a little jealous about that!!

Gina - I am so happy that this pg chapter is coming to a conclusion for you and you can begin the next chapter of mothering your dd and new babe. Back in the saddle!!

Anyone not got their new issue of Mothering yet? I was surprised to see there's a new one when I logged on, but I don't have it yet. I know it sounds silly, but one thing I always liked about being a subscriber to a mag is that you get your new issue before it hits the stands for everyone else. . . .

Oh and, little rant here; but I got my tax return today, direct dep, and it's $575 less than I calculated and I have no idea why. Since we were planning on living on a lot of that for my maternity leave, this is no joke.

Okay, enough novel for one day. Who will be next after MIssPiggy and Gina? Hang in there mamas!!
#25 of 283 Old 03-02-2004, 12:13 PM - Thread Starter

BG- My oldest dd was almost 9 when I had dd #2. Yup, I wanted to smack everyone that thought she should be completely happy anout the new baby. What seemed to help the most was that I asked alot what worried her about the new one coming. She was worried about basic things~ Will I have to share my room? Will I have to give up my room? Will Daddy still love me? ( my dh isn't her bio dad) Would I still have time for her without the baby? After plenty of reassurance, she felt better. And dh had to make time to extra stuff with her those first few days. It actually helped her alot that my dh only got 3 days off work so i birthed on thurs., went home on Fri. and was running almost full speed on Mon. My dh had W,Th and F off.

Miss Piggy- you made the choice that's right for you! We support you totally!

Gina- oh bedrest would stink. I'm sorry it's so rough for you.

Still no baby here. I have a drs. appt. this afternoon. Hopefully, he'll say I'm dialated to a 4 or something like that.
#26 of 283 Old 03-02-2004, 12:49 PM

reminder: full moon this saturday night!
#27 of 283 Old 03-02-2004, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Okay, now I am confused by all the Taurus talk. Isnt' that at the end of April, into May? We're in Pisces now (I'm one) and the end of March into April is Aries (for the record, I have an Aries dh and ds--and they are two of a kind for sure). And then I thought Taurus was after that?
You're right, the end of March is Aries, I goofed, we were talking about ascending signs and moon signs and a bunch of stuff and somehow Taurus got stuck in my head (I'm a little scared of the Taurus intensity, can you tell?: )

I did get back to sleep. Dd's sleep schedule is all messed up. She didn't settle down until after 11 last night, and now she's still asleep at almost 10. I hate days where there is little to no chance of me getting a nap.

We have her 3 year check-up today. I have this weird bump on my middle finger that I want to ask about, but I don't want to have to pay the co-pay for it, so I'll ask about it during her appt.

She just woke up, gotta go

R~mama to 3

#28 of 283 Old 03-02-2004, 12:59 PM

Just wanted to pop in and say Congrats March Mommies. I had my little one in March and he is so to be TWO
#29 of 283 Old 03-02-2004, 01:37 PM

Miss Piggy, how awesome that you get to meet your little one tomorrow. I agree with the others that informed choice is what it's all about. Wishing you a joyful, joyful birth!

Gina, I wish you a wonderful, joyful birth too. What a relief it will be to be off bed rest and as you say, start the rest of your life. I remember back in the days when we were both having bleeding and bed rest and you were there for me with your support. Those were difficult and stressful times and I am so full of joy to see that we both made it through with our now full-term babies. You will meet yours tomorrow and I will meet mine sometime soon. I wish you blessings on blessings and a wonderful warm welcome for your little one.

Kimmysue, thanks for the congrats. It's nice of you to pop in and wish us well.

Oops, I wanted to address everyone, but I have to go. I will update soon. Hoping more babies will join us soon!!!

Mama to 12, and 9 and 3. 
#30 of 283 Old 03-02-2004, 01:45 PM

Sending good smooth birthing vibes, GIna and Miss Piggy!!! Can't wait to hear!

Dnr-thanks for asking. I appreciate you thinking of me. As for the picses /aries stuff.....*I'm* concerned w/my almost-certain upcoming aries child. (we're due right in the middle of aries) I am a taurus as is ds (he's the last day of taurus though, cusp gemini) so taurus doesn't worry me. I also have a lot of picses....both my brother and sister are.....but this aries thing will be new to me. We actually consciously chose to conceive an aries child as we don't have any "fire" signs in our family yet, but the aries children I've seen have been a little, um, challenging! So we'll see.....here's to balance!! :LOL

I got my body casting stuff yesterday and need to do it soon....took pregnancy pix the other day....so much last minute stuff to get done! I'm also trying to get all my diapers/covers sewn last minute, since we planned to pack away a lot of the office stuff for it's preparation for turning into the "birth room". I can't believe how close this is, though I"m later than most here...but you all are psyching me up and making it more real!!

blesssings mamas!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page