Can we talk about cramps during prenancy? Normal and and not normal cramps. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 03-05-2010, 11:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Before I knew I was pregnant I was sure AF was on her way b/c I had some cramping,the same as when AF was about to arrive and it was at about the same time also. Since finding out that I'm pregnant I've had some very mild cramping and I use magic bag to ease them a bit. They aren't as bad as menstrual cramps that's for sure.

Is it normal to feel crampy when noting is wrong with you or baby?

When would you need to start to worry about cramping?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 03-06-2010, 12:27 AM

It's normal for me. Some of the stretching, ect feels that way. Also, for me, stress causes contrax because my adrenals are fatigued. It does not cause preterm labor tho.

I wouldn't be too worried unless I was cramping and bleeding/spotting. My miscarriages have all started with bleeding first. HTH!

caution: one-handed nak

typos likely

#3 of 5 Old 03-06-2010, 12:39 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks,it does help. I haven't any bleeding at all. They say some women have spotting during pregnancy. Is that only early on or can it happen anytime during pregnancy?
#4 of 5 Old 03-06-2010, 09:59 AM

It's normal for me, too. I am prone to bad menstrual cramps (except for the first year or so after DD was born... painless periods--it was fabulous!), so I always wonder if it's related.

Stacey teaching teens to read & write... Daddy plays ska, DD1 (7/05) loves trees & princesses, & DD2 (3/10) loves mommy-milk! Please get your kids tested for lead.
#5 of 5 Old 03-06-2010, 12:25 PM

I have an irritable uterus. So that's always my first sign I'm pregnant... I get cramps.

LOL and for me personally they just never stop. If your cramps are really painful I'd ask the doc but nah cramping early on is normal.

Mama to a zoo!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page