Brewer Diet - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 03-12-2010, 02:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What do I substitute on the Brewer Diet if I am allergic to dairy AND eggs? I don't normally drink soy milk because it is not a "real food" but I will use it in recipes sometimes. I do eat meat. Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 03-12-2010, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meesh38 View Post
What do I substitute on the Brewer Diet if I am allergic to dairy AND eggs? I don't normally drink soy milk because it is not a "real food" but I will use it in recipes sometimes. I do eat meat. Any suggestions?
I'm vegan (no animal products) and doing the Brewer diet for my Bradley classes.... My instructor and I worked it out so I can sub out non-dairy calcium sources (one for one ratio- I do spinach and Calcium fortified oj alot) and choose two extra proteins per day to make up for the lack of eggs.

Jen knit.gif crafty mama LLLactivist to DS1 (2010)bouncy.gif and DS2 (2012)blahblah.giffamilybed2.gif nursex2.gifribbonjigsaw.gif
#3 of 3 Old 03-12-2010, 03:12 PM

I also don't do dairy (but still eat eggs, and not a fan of meat in general) It is ALOT harder to get that protein in a quick and easier fashion without a cup of milk or an egg (both 6g protein each I think).
I have made my own Almond "milk" and Cream for use in various things (soak a few hours, buzz in min-chopper) I also avoid most soy based subs but have on occasion enjoyed a good tempeh. Don't forget good ole beans and rice with nutrtional yeast!

I followed Brewers closer last pregnancy then this one but still feel like I eat pretty good.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page