July Mamas -- March 1 - 15 - Page 4 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#91 of 107 Old 03-12-2004, 11:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Eilonwy ~ I'm scared of the pain too. With ds #1 I had the epidural, slept for 2 hours, woke up and started pushing right away. I'm petrified thinking about no pain relief at home even though that was a big reason for me picking a hb. I did some squats yesterday to help prepare,
am I sore today!!

I to all pregies that excercize regularly. I'm working on it, but OUCH!
I'm also reading a book that's helping me relax and think of it as more of a rite of passage than pain. It's Birthing From Within. I'm not very far into it yet, but I'm already a little more relaxed about it and trying to practice meditation as a pain reliever.

Congrats to all those feeling bumps and wiggles!
That's great! I'm feeling a wiggly cutie throughout the day, but no huge punches. They're getting stronger, but thankfully they don't knock the wind out of me yet. I'll enjoy it when it comes, but until then...I can wait.
T You know, as much as I wanted a little girl, now that we know it's a boy, I feel much more relaxed and just as happy. Now all we need is diapers.
I can't wait for ds #2 to arrive.

I'm having a wonderful day too Saralynn!
#92 of 107 Old 03-12-2004, 11:37 AM

I'm totally jealous that so many of you know your babies' genders! :LOL We had an ultrasound, but when we went to look between the legs all we saw was feet. I had to laugh, because they're really wide little feet, just like the rest of us have. :LOL

I finally got a picture ofEli's birth sampler online that everyone can see; I'm working on a sampler for NewBean which is different, but it's the same idea. It's lots of work, and I'm still totally boggled when I look at the calendar. I can't figure out what happened to the past 24 weeks. : Maybe I'm just losing it. At any rate, Eli's taking a nap, so I'd better go and find my library card before he wakes up. *sigh* I guess it's time for me to log off. But it's so difficult!! :LOL

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#93 of 107 Old 03-12-2004, 12:28 PM

eilonwy ~ beautiful job & a beautiful little guy!

You know, I've been thinking with as much as I want to know the sex it would be my luck to have crossed legs during the u/s. :

Teaching wife & mama knit.gif  to my not so little ones - DS (10) drum.gif and DD (8) dust.gif

#94 of 107 Old 03-12-2004, 12:54 PM

Ive been having a lot of strong kicks. I don't remamber my ds moving this much at this point. I felt movement at the same time for both pregnancies so that's not it. I'm also feeling everything down low.

We have names picked out. I got to name this baby because my ds is a junior. Anyway, if it's a girl it will be Tabitha Marie and if it's a boy it will be Parker Holden. We are waiting for the ultrasound still so hopefully we will find out soon. There is a girl I work with who is due in July. She had her u/s on Monday and the legs we crossed. With my ds, we didn't know until about 33 weeks. I had a lot of u/s because of my health problems. Now I have a less reactionary ob so I will get this one and maybe one more around 34-36 weeks to check the placenta.

Our newborn stash is pretty much complete. I just want a few more small dipes and wool covers. We are using all fitteds because we are using mostly wool covers.

Misty, mama to my nurslings William(11/4/02) and Parker(7/13/04).
#95 of 107 Old 03-12-2004, 03:15 PM

eilonwy~~ it's nice to finally have a face to go with your name! So you are "due" june 30th? How late was eliyaho?( hope I spelled that right) My baby was 9 days late.

I remember being in labour last time, and saying, "I don't know how anyone can do this more than once!!!" I hope my labour this time will be quicker(: ) and of course a little bit less painful...... wish me luck!: : :LOL
#96 of 107 Old 03-12-2004, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by eilonwy
, but I'm absolutely terrified of labor, because now I know the TRUTH: it's not just painful, it's absolutely agonizing. I'm not a pain wuss, I never have been, but my labor with Eli was nearly 5 days of absolute torture.... What I am worried about it labor, because while I know that most women honestly don't remember the pain (from their descriptions) I most assuredly do. My labor with Eli had much more in common with other traumas (car accidents, wars, abuse, violence) than it did with most births, and my responses to it were in line with that degree of trauma/pain. It sucked. I'm really not looking forward to doing that again, and I'm doing everything I can think of to make it turn out differently (which isn't much). Mostly, I pray. *sigh*
I don't remember if you ever posted anything about your first birth other than this, but was it a hospital birth?

The reason I ask is because I have been reading _Gentle Birth Choices_ and there's a whole chapter (as well as an underlying theme) that talks about fear causing more pain because your body tightens up and etc...

My first birth was a horrifying hospital birth, 43 hours long - the last 8 on pit with no epidural (at my insistance). I truly believe that my extreme fear of the hospital protocol was what made my labor so slow and painful. This time I am taking my birth into my own hands (midwife assisted HB that is) and not only am I not scared, I am psyched! I truly believe in my heart that this time will be better.

And I should mention that the reason I got so scared of the hospital was that I educated myself so much on how medical/technical interventions contribute heavily to the high c-section rate in this country. And I swear every other birth on A Baby Story was a friggin' c-section! I panicked, but didn't switch to a MW. So I was so scared of my doctors. And so on....
#97 of 107 Old 03-12-2004, 10:22 PM

Hi everyone!!
I just put up some belly pictures and pics of the new outfits I made for Chloe..and apron top and patchy spring dress.
http://photos.yahoo.com/sunpharee

I have been feeling the kicks lately, and overall been good...
I thought we had strep throat, but I took Chloe to the ped today and it was negative, so thankfully I don't have to worry about antibiotics for us...

I joined one of those 6 month swaps on the TP..its pretty cool, and april is my month to get 13 packages! I'm sooo stoked!

I'd love to see some pictures of everyone elses belly too!!

as for worrying..we had quite a few ultrasounds with chloe..theres a sense of security when you hear that everything is fine...not having one (other than the one at 4 wks to rule out twins)...well, it makes me a lttle nervous...but I try to push out the negative worries, because I'm having a homebirth and I don't even want to consider letting negitive thoughts hinder my labor..its hard though...

hugs to all

~mama to some wonderful kids
#98 of 107 Old 03-13-2004, 02:01 AM

Stacey, your pictures are so cute! And I'm very impressed by your diaper stash!

Who was it who has just read Baby Catcher? What a great book! It sits on my nightstand so I can grab a quick birth story or two before I fall asleep at night. Personally, I think what has helped me the most in preparing for labor and birth is just getting into the mindset that *like millions of women before me, I can do this. My body is capable of birthing this baby* . So I love Baby Catcher and Ina May's Guide to Childbirth, and anything else that portrays birth as normal.

About fears concerning the baby....I think I lived in happy, positive ignorance for a long time, LOL! Then I gave birth to two children in a row with (different types of) birth "defects". Suddenly, the reality of *someone* having to be that "1 in X number" hit me, hard. With my next pregnancy, I still skipped the early maternal screening tests and amnio, but felt I had to have a level-2 u/s, even though I'd never even had a "regular" one in any of my other pregnancies. I just needed some reassurance.

But, there's also something positive about going through the fire and being "the one": you are forced to confront and accept the fact that there really are many things in life that you truly can't control, and accepting that reality brings its own sort of peace. With my current pregnancy, although I did feel the need to have a level-2 again, I've really not thought much about this baby's health. Early, early on in the pregnancy (I think maybe the day I had a positive pg test, even), I was hit with the overwhelming thought that everything that this baby would be and do was already planned and known by God. That thought gave me such a peace about the baby .

Question for you all, especially those of you who already have other kids: where are you looking to find connections with other pregnant moms, in real life? If I was first-timing, I'd probably be looking into childbirth classes, and meeting other pg moms there, but after having had the number of babies I've had, I don't feel inclined to sit through a series of classes. I would really like to be able to get together with some other expecting moms, though, just to talk about what we're going through, how we're feeling, what our hopes and plans are for birth, etc.

Happy weekend to you all!

Joni, due 7-17-ish , and the gang
#99 of 107 Old 03-13-2004, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by jondee0
Question for you all, especially those of you who already have other kids: where are you looking to find connections with other pregnant moms, in real life? If I was first-timing, I'd probably be looking into childbirth classes, and meeting other pg moms there, but after having had the number of babies I've had, I don't feel inclined to sit through a series of classes. I would really like to be able to get together with some other expecting moms, though, just to talk about what we're going through, how we're feeling, what our hopes and plans are for birth, etc.
I take a prenatal yoga class that is just what you're talking about. And everyone in it is so like-minded. Also, you may try LLL meetings. That's at least where I met all my current mom friends.
#100 of 107 Old 03-13-2004, 09:28 AM

Joni ~ I'm lucky that there are a few expecting mamas in the playgroups we go to {and we already have kids the same age}. I also know a few ladies who've just had their second with their first being the same age as ds will be. I'm finding that, at least right now, is the most beneficial since they are a goldmine of advice on "helping" ds through the initial adjustment. And some friends IRL are at various stages of pregnancy. I second LLL. That's about the only place I've found other people who are "on board" with out parenting style.

Stacy ~ on the pictures and thanks for sharing. Maybe I'll get up the nerve to take a belly shot, LOL. And I'm drooling over the stash.

This babe has been kicking up a storm for the last couple days; it feels like it's been 48 full hours of kicks. Two days to our u/s and we're spending the weekend doing "home improvements." Nope, not nesting at all.

Teaching wife & mama knit.gif  to my not so little ones - DS (10) drum.gif and DD (8) dust.gif

#101 of 107 Old 03-13-2004, 01:00 PM

sunfairy~ cute pics! Cute daughter and cute belly

One of my good friends is pg with her 1st due about the same time I am. What luck!
And there is another pregnant mom in my playgorup due in early June, and one who gave birth in Feb. So, I feel pretty well connected to other pg moms.

Arrrgh! Leg cramps hit! I had them with ds and yikes!

And, suddenly after 20 weeks of admiring how calm I was, the weepies hit. Ugh. Everything is making me feel insecure or sad. I much prefer irritated :LOL

I didn't do the AFP, but did do the u/s because my cervix seemed short and ds was bron at 34 weeks after 3 weeks on bedrest for preterm labor. I really wanted to check out the cervix to make sure we're doing all we can go full term this time! So, of course we checked the baby out to.
#102 of 107 Old 03-14-2004, 02:14 PM

Stacey, I loved your pictures - you are talented with a sewing machine and your diaper stash was so cute! I am still learnign about CD since this our first and have placed my first order of 6 diapers to try out. Hopefully DH will feel as comfortable with them too - I am trying to AIO first since they are just like the disposables, then perhaps we can branch out from there.

I can't believe I'm not yet in the my third trimester and I'm already so eager to give birth. I just can't wait to meet our little girl and I keep having these great dreams about the day I go into labor. In my dreams I am remarkably calm, and tell DH to go do his workout, to pick up some fresh fruit at the store, to take a nap. I bake muffins and make up a fruit and cheese tray for my MW and her assistants and just go for short walks and fold the laundry in between contractions. Then when they get really intense my MW is there and helps me pace and sit on the toilet.
Then after this incredible burning and feeling like I just had the biggest BM ever, there's suddenly a little girl on my chest.

I have this dream 1-2 times a week. It's really encouraging since this is my first PG - and rejuvenating. I'm going to throw myself a little party when I enter my third trimester on March 30th. Another milestone on this journey.

Is anyone else gaining weight in their thighs and butt? All of a sudden it seems my weight is going there and I noticed some cellulite in my butt too. I told DH he couldn't put my PG pants in the dryer anymore because they were shrinking - and then I realized it was me! I mostly eat healthy choices but the last 2-3 weeks I have had an intense sugar craving and have been eating more ice cream and girl scout cookies. Up until then, I'd had almost no sucrose in my PG diet. I'm trying to be more careful again but Yikes!
#103 of 107 Old 03-14-2004, 02:23 PM

I'm at 24 weeks now! so that means that I'm 6 months along, right? I always get confused with those date markers.

I wish I could post some pictures here too. But I don't have a digital camera, scanner, or webcam.:
#104 of 107 Old 03-14-2004, 03:01 PM

I have a girl at work that is due about 10 days after me. She goes along with what all of her doctors are telling her to do. I know her sister and she just had twins. She tried very hard for a natural birth with them but wound up with a c-section with the second. I'm hoping that she will have a good influence on her and make her question what everyone is telling her.

Congrats on making it to 24 weeks mamajaza. I only have a few more days to go to get there. That would be 6 months on the lunar calender. I can't believe that my due date is less than 4 months away. This is going so quick.

I hope everyone is feeling well. I'm having a lot of digestive problems. I've been throwing up almost daily. I can really only keep down rice and steamed veggies right now.

Misty, mama to my nurslings William(11/4/02) and Parker(7/13/04).
#105 of 107 Old 03-15-2004, 12:16 AM

Generally, 26 weeks is considered the end of the second trimester. From a clinician's perspective it breaks down like this:

1st trimester - 13 weeks
2nd trimester - 13 weeks
3rd trimester 13-14 weeks

March 30th is the end of my 26th week of pregnancy and that's when I'm celebrating the transition to third trimester.

Can anyone tell me how to get to the trading post? I can't find it on Mothering...
#106 of 107 Old 03-15-2004, 01:18 AM

aww..thank you mamas for all your kind words

things are good....gained 20 pounds so far....I washed down this mornings prenatal with chocolate chip cookies and gatorade...(at least the vitamin was from the health food store...LOL *cough*)

sarlynn~ the TP is..well if you click the 'mothering.com forums' link at the top of this page then scroll all the way down...its about the 2nd 3rd to last catagory from the bottom... HTH
the bumpkins aio's are the easiest and most like sposies IMO~but they are a bit pricey...just get a dozen prefolds and some covers...chances are after you hang them on the line that first time..you'll be in love with it!

the_dalai_mama~ I am DREADING the leg cramps..with preg #1, I woke up in the middle of the night SCREAMING it hurt so bad!! I hear calcium supplements will help.

I met some mamas through the yahoo group in my town...not many though..mostly just from hanging out at the park, and her dance class.

NAMES~ i need help... I think we've decided on Avery for a girl, but since I've heard like 3 boys with that name...and personally, I don't want it for a boy... I also like Natalie... boys..I am lost..clueless...possibly Nicholas or Matthew..but I'm really not in love with those....

~mama to some wonderful kids
#107 of 107 Old 03-15-2004, 03:56 AM - Thread Starter

I just realized that it is late night on 3/14, so I will start a new thread.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page