Too much amniotic fluid=trouble getting baby engaged - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-26-2010, 10:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Has anyone else has trouble with excess fluid and having trouble with baby engaging properly? I've had too much fluid for a while, probably from gestational diabetes, and I'm dialated to 3cm but we can tell baby continues to "float" up. He's staying head-down but won't engage because the fluid keeps bouncing him around.

Just curious if anyone else had this and if you found any natural alternatives to try to help. I'm starting EPO today just to try and encourage my body naturally in any way possible.

Thanks!

Sara: Separated Mom to , DD (9), , DS (5), DD (3), , & 4/5/10 + 2 & 1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2010, 10:09 PM

I've never had GD, but I have copious amounts of a. fluid and it's never been a problem--it does seem to delay my waters breaking, tho--it doesn't happen til baby crowns.

caution: one-handed nak

typos likely

Old 03-27-2010, 10:19 PM

I have lots of fluid. My MW said it is not a problem. But my baby is 36 weeks and still moves around all the time. Since he can't decide head up, side to side, or head down, I will just be happy when he gets into the proper position.

S & J . DD 2/8/7. DS 4/25/10. Natural foods eating, sleep deprived, gardening WAH mama.
Old 03-28-2010, 12:18 AM - Thread Starter

It was a problem for us in my last labor. I kept stalling out because she kept moving up and spinning-ending up sunnyside up and turned while I pushed her out. My labor with her was twice as long as my first 2 because of the fluid level even after my water breaking (she must have been blocking what was up inside). I was hoping to avoid the same issues with this one.

Sara: Separated Mom to , DD (9), , DS (5), DD (3), , & 4/5/10 + 2 & 1
Old 03-28-2010, 12:37 AM

It really doesn't sound like its the fluid levels that are causing it... especially if it still happened after your water broke. Some babies just do that, even with normal fluid levels.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.

User Tag List