November/December 2004 Mamas? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-04-2004, 12:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone out there yet? I always find out super early. I'm expecting our sixth child. We're very happy. I'm hopeful that I will avoid severe morning sickness this time. Any pointers?

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2004, 12:14 PM

Congratulations hun!!!

Here's to a happy healthy pregnancy. (ginger ale for you, lol) You are SO Blessed.

PS: I love to find out early too. For one, the earlier you know the better, for two, there is only 1 midwifery practice in my region so their spots fill up quickly. With my last two pg I call and booked my 12 week appt. as soon as the test turned positive!

Again

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ETA: I am hoping to have a December baby. That would be the ultimate Christmas present.
Old 03-04-2004, 12:18 PM

Hi! I'm expecting my second in early Nov. Tried to start this thread last week, but it was too early, I guess! There was one other mama who responded. Hopefully there will be more of us soon!

Amanda, mom to dsd (16), dd (11), dd (8), and ds (born 11/12/11).

Old 03-04-2004, 12:27 PM

Hi congrats to all!!
I'm due early Nov. I guess. I'm almost hesitant to post as I feel no symptoms whatsoever. I hope that is not a bad sign. I have had a pos. blood and urine test and I go for an u/s on Mon. to see if there's a heartbeat. Then I guess I'll start on my blood thinners. I am worried because I have had 5 m/c in the past. In fact this is a surprise pregnancy for us as we have always had to use fertility to get pregnant. After 11 yrs, wow is all I can say.

Anyway, I hope I can stick around and join yall's group.

bye, susie
Old 03-04-2004, 03:33 PM

I just found out today!!! This will be our 8th child!!!!

EDD:11/12/04
Old 03-04-2004, 03:56 PM

Wahoo!!! I am so incredibly excited! We are expecting our first baby on November 4th! Actually, it is my first and my dh's third (he has two wonderful boys from a previous marriage).

My folks will be first time grandparents, and we just sent them a book on "The ABC's of Grandparenting" as our way of announcing our pregnancy to them. They should get it today, and we are bouncing off the walls waiting for their call.

We got lucky in our second month of trying, although the planning period has been about a year long. This is so much fun! But the waiting is the hardest part.... 8 months to go...

Old 03-04-2004, 04:56 PM

May I join you?

I am finally here after 2 1/2 years of infertility treatments. It took in vitro to get me on this thread. Still very early in pg - just got my + blood yesterday. Go in tomorrow to make sure hcg is still rising. I'm praying for a sticky babe!

EDD: Nov 8.

Hope to spend the next 8 months here with ALL of you!

Kelly

Mommy to girls twins.gif 9/2005, our angel babies stillheart.gif 2004 and stillheart.gif 2005, and our intact, ebf superhero.gif4/29/2010.

Old 03-04-2004, 07:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Attached_Mom_to_7
I just found out today!!! This will be our 8th child!!!!

EDD:11/12/04
Wow! How did your husband take it? My dh is really freaked out about having 6 kids. I'm a bit upset about his reaction.

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

Old 03-04-2004, 07:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by kelly

I'm praying for a sticky babe!

EDD: Nov 8.

Hope to spend the next 8 months here with ALL of you!

Kelly
Congrats! I'll be praying for you too!

Old 03-04-2004, 07:30 PM

Quote:
ekblad7
How did he react? Well, he's pretty reserved in his thoughts not much of a talker, but, I think he's happy(and has stated so)

I think he wanted to wait a few more years(but I just could'nt, kwim??

He;s feeling pretty ok though, maybe more concerned about getting "it" tonight:

I think everything wil be cool though

once you dh gets over the initial "shock" they usualy need a bit more time sometimes!

~Rachel
Old 03-04-2004, 10:33 PM

Hey, count me in! I was the other mama who joined Mabelmama's thread. I was bummed because there weren't more people, but I guess it was too soon. Anyway, just got a a coupel of days ago. It is still so soon, but we were trying and I had a feeling that we may have succeeded, so I couldn't wait to get the test and see for sure. This is going to be our 2nd. Our dd just turned 2. According to my calculations, this baby should be due beginning of November. Woo-hoo, a little Scorpio!

Congrats to all of you!!!

Hope we'll all get to be friends over the next 9 months!!

Libby
-mama to a my little energetic bobka
Old 03-04-2004, 10:37 PM - Thread Starter

I figured out that my due date would be November 20. I already have one November 11 birthday and one November 27 birthday. This would be smack in the middle but I'm usually late so who knows!

I've decided that I'm going with a homebirth. Dh is against it but I feel really strongly about having one. I think I should get to choose. I had five really bad hospital experiences. I'm not up for that again.

Old 03-04-2004, 10:45 PM

I would absolutely love to homebirth!!!!

Will will check out our resourses I'm sure dh will be kinda afraind cause of not being in a hospital setting(in case of an emergancy)

~Rachel
Old 03-05-2004, 11:41 AM

Wow! There's lots of November mommies to be.

Congrats to everyone!

Kelly, wishing you a sticky pregnancy. We had to do fertility to get pregnant every time except this one. I have a 8 yr. dd and 3 yr. twin ds.

bye,
susie
Old 03-06-2004, 12:33 PM - Thread Starter

OK, so here's my question. I took two pregnancy tests on two seperate mornings last week. Both came back unmistakingly positive. This morning I took one just to see and it came back negative. : I know I'm VERY early in the pregnancy and I truly do feel pregnant but now I'm starting to think the positives were wrong. Anyone have that experience?

Old 03-06-2004, 05:18 PM

Got a yesterday. It was faint but there. I'm due on 11/12. So that makes me 4weeks, I guess.

I'm kinda shocked, even though we'd been trying for 4 cycles. I really had myself convinced that I wasn't. POAS this morning, and the line is still faint, but it was a different kind of test. Anyone else feel compelled to POAS everytime you go pee? I really want a darker line because I only got faint lines with a m/c in the past... ah, I forgot how nerve wracking the first trimester really is...

Anyhow, this is baby#2 for us, very planned, and very anticipated. Ds was born 11/18/02, and people are going to laugh (and then curse silently due to 2 bdays and Christmas in a month of eachother) when they find out (after week 13, but I don't care!)

Ekblad7 - I don't know what to tell you. Try FMU with a different test... hopefully that will give you the you're expecting... wishing and hoping for you!!!

to all of us November Mommies to be!!! Let's hope for a healthy and happy 9mw!!!
Old 03-06-2004, 07:09 PM

I'm here My EDD is November 8th but since DS was 16 days late I have told everyone in my family that I am due December 1st (I've had enough of those late pregnancy daily phonecalls for a lifetime LOL!!)

Steph

Steph~~momma to Rhys 2002, Niamh 2004, Isla 2007 and Deirdre 2009
Old 03-06-2004, 10:21 PM

BabyOsMommy: We share the same due date too cool!!!

~Rachel
Old 03-08-2004, 02:11 PM

Congrats everyone!

Add me to the 11/12 edd list, lol!

We've been trying for 8 months for #2 (after #1 came as a surprise). I POAS 2x over the weekend, got two faint lines, but a line is a line, right. AF was just due on Friday, so it is still early, so I'm trying to not worry about the faintness.

Sticky vibes for everyone.
Old 03-08-2004, 02:45 PM - Thread Starter

Count me out. I started spotting yesterday and went in for blood tests today. I can say with almost 99%certainty that I either was never pregnant or am not any more. Anyway, congrats to you all!

Old 03-08-2004, 04:47 PM

Well, had my u/s today and there was a beating heart, so so far so good. My due date is Nov 2.

Susie
Old 03-08-2004, 05:42 PM

I'm so sorry

~Rachel
Old 03-08-2004, 06:18 PM

Me too! I have just started using these boards, so hopefully I won't forget where they are. I am due Nov/Dec- I don't like to pinpoint it too much seeing as babies tend to come when they are ready- rarely is there an expiration date! We are having an unnassisted homebirth- any other UCer's out there?

Well, this pregnancy is my fourth but the first 3 were miscarriages. I recently talked to a friend who is an ND and she said it sounds like my miscarriages could have been caused by a combo of hypoglycemia and hyperthyroid. I was supposed to be taking my waking temp to check for thyroid issues, but it kept rising... and so I'm pregnant! I don't think those temps will help diagnostically now. I need to check in with her again and see if we can figure out thyroid issues some other way and get to treating all of this. AAAAHHHH!

Has anyone else here had a miscarriage, or multiple mc's? Anyone else fighting blood sugar or thyroid problems for a healthy pregnancy?

I look forward to getting to know all of you ladies- I'm praying for a keeper!

Lindsey
Old 03-08-2004, 06:42 PM

Hey, my due date is Nov 8 too, at least according to my pregnancy calender. DD was almost 10 days late, so it could also be the 18th! Either way, happy pregnancies to all of us.

Anyone else feel a little more relaxed this time around (if you already have 1 or more kids)? Maybe because it's not so novel this time around. I feel like I'm not stressing or pouring over every single book. I'm kind of enjoying it more, so far anyway. We'll see. I'm only a few weeks along (5, I think), so there's a long time to go!
Old 03-08-2004, 06:51 PM

I'm so sorry Amy s! I'm wishing you peace with this, and hoping that you're pg again soon if that's what you want.

Congratulations to everyone just joining!

Okay, can we talk symptoms? I know that it's really early (not even 5weeks yet), but I barfed this morning. I didn't barf with ds until 7-8weeks, and it caught me totally off guard. I have a serious headcold, and am skeptical that it's really from pgcy, but from that. Had to POAS again this morning, just to believe that I'm really still (that was of course before I barfed). My boobs aren't sore, though, so I'm thinking that it's because it's my second that that's why? A little tingly, like letdown when nursing, but not sore or bigger/darker at all. I'm also feeling a little burning on my right side, but it's not constant, or sharp enough for me to think ectopic. I think I read somewhere last pgcy that it's from the ovary that released the egg that fertilized? Can anyone validate that for me? Cause it's irking me, and I can't find the reference again. And I'm so tired. But that could also be due to ds being sick, as well as myself.
Phew, got all that out Hope everyone is well!

ETA: WooHoo Susie for seeing the heartbeat! That's so cool! baby, !

Delighted Mama, I guess from the above, that you could say that no I'm not much more relaxed this time. I had a m/c before ds, and really don't like the first trimester because it seems so filled with uncertainty. I'm trying to stay positive though, and am glad to see that you're enjoying yourself. Hoping that I can find myself doing the same really soon!
Old 03-10-2004, 03:31 PM

I'm sorry Amy Take care of yourself!

Delighted Mama, I am waaaay more relaxed this time. I think I feel much more confident in my body's ability to carry a child after my completely unevehntful 1st preg. I'm not doing much reading about preg signs and symptoms, etc, but more about herbs and nutrition. I love "Wise Woman Herbal for the CHildbearing Year"! Everyone should check it out.
As for symptoms, my boobs are really sore, which makes nursing extra fun. We're having to shorten feedings- hard for someone who would gladly keep a boobie in her mouth 24/7 Other than that, nothing. I had one day of morning sickness. This is the joyful calm before the storm of puking and sleeping! At least then I can stop taking pregnancy tests to make sure I'm still pregnant :

Who else has symptoms? Wishing ypu all health for you and your babes!

Amanda, mom to dsd (16), dd (11), dd (8), and ds (born 11/12/11).

Old 03-10-2004, 04:48 PM
j3l

Quote:
Originally posted by BabyOsMommy
I'm also feeling a little burning on my right side, but it's not constant, or sharp enough for me to think ectopic. I think I read somewhere last pgcy that it's from the ovary that released the egg that fertilized? Can anyone validate that for me?
We just found out we are pg with #2 after having a mc in July. Think eda around 11/15. I am trying to take it one day at a time- am much more skeptical and hesitant this time around. Can't wait to have some real symptoms although with ds it wasn't that bad. I have had a few nights with that kind of pain as well- on my left side. Same thing- not constant or sharp. Does anyone have any input? Hope to get to know you all over the next months.
Old 03-11-2004, 02:51 PM

I had that kind of side pain too. Of course, I automatically thought of ectopic preg, but I don't have the other symptoms and it stopped after a day.

I also noticed that when I had a bowel movement, the twinges stopped. I wonder if it is related?

With my last pregnancy, I had the same thing. Just some twinges on my right side. It turned out that it was a small cyst that develped within a few weeks of conceiving. The Dr. said that it is very common with pregnancy and that it would go away after birth, which it did. Other than twinging sometimes during the first trimester, it never grew or bothered me during the rest of the pregnancy. It dissolved naturally after birth. The Dr. said that it sometimes forms from the onset of so many hormones during fertilization. That's the only thing that I can think of.

If anyone has any other info, I'd like to hear it too!

:
Old 03-11-2004, 03:07 PM

I had a dull but fairly constant achy kind of pain that lasted about a week and a half. I was completely convinced that I was getting my period, because it felt like I was about to start cramping like I do on the first day of my period (for about two hours). When I finally realized that this was the real deal (I was pregnant!) I was concerned about the pain, also thinking it was an ectopic pregnancy. I hadn't paid attention as to whether the pain was favoring one side. Anyway, it finally went away.

I was pretty surprised by the pain I was feeling, because I never heard anyone talk about it, nor is it listed as a "sign" of pregnancy anywhere. I also kind of enjoyed it, to be honest, because it was a reminder of my condition!
Old 03-11-2004, 05:45 PM

hi preggers!

i'm, like many of you, still getting used to the idea. due november 16 after a miscarriage last...hm...november 17! weird. so, about 4 weeks.

symptoms: a very faint occasional wave of nausea, different from last time, more throaty or something (last time i never threw up). boobs not sore at all--i keep checking, heh. last time they were quite sore by now. peeing in the night is still my most dependable symptom. looking forward to more.

yay annette on the barfing!

sticky wishes to you all,

jennifer

User Tag List