The BSL Graduates and Stalking Thread - April!!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-05-2010, 01:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is a spinoff to the Bitter Sushi Ladies Thread over on TTC. Some of us have very happily made it to the "other side" and we want to be able to keep track of each other.

Our fellow BSL's that are still on their TTC journey like to check up on us from time to time too - which we really appreciate - since they continue to be in the midst of a sometimes brutal and just "NOT FAIR" TTC journey...

So here we are...

jillc512 - TTC #3 since 9/08, due 5/1/10.
Jelinifer - TTC #1 since 12/08, due 5/8/10.
starkyld - TTC #1 since January 2008, due 5/22/10.
Rhiannon09 - TTC #1 since January 2008, due 6/10 with .
Pinoikoi - TTC #5 for 6 months, due 6/21/10 .
Lisko15 - TTC #3 for 14 months, due 6/26/10 .
colorbywords - TTC #1 for 13 months, due 8/8/10.
LZP - TTC #1 for 17 months, due 8/10/10 .
MaerynPearl - TTC #3 (or #1) for 7 cycles over 2 years, due 9/14/10.
aidanraynesmom - TTC #2 for 7 cycles over 14 months, due 9/10.
Lyndzies - TTC #1 for 10 months, due 10/4/10.
Carlyle - TTC #2 after a loss, due 10/10.
MommyNicoleTX - TTC #3 for two years, two losses, due 10/10/10.
YummyYumYumMama - TTC #2 for 1 year, due 11/22/10.
KellyTTC#1 - TTC #1 for 3 years, BFP after IVF, due 12/03/10 with .
Qbear'smama - TTC #2, due 12/17/10.
Enigo - TTC #2 for over a year, with losses 2/09 and 11/09, due 12/25/10.

Our thoughts are with
Nanette56 ~ February 2010 ~
jessica_s ~ March 2010 ~
We hope to have you both back with us very, very soon.

(If anyone needs me to make a change to the above, please bold the update request for me, TIA!)

We are STILL sending a truck load of to some of you Ladies over on BSL Proper (you know who you are).
GET OVER HERE to keep us company!!!!!

*~Introducing our February Baby~*
Adelynn Ruby ~ February 7, 2010 at 10:40 p.m. ~ 7 lbs 12 oz, 20.5"
~Congratulations to Lauren and her DH!~

Lis ~ Married to my favorite boy partners.gif and raising "our" three ~
DS 14 (hisjammin.gif ~ DD 9 (mineloveeyes.gif ~ toddlerDS 2! (ours) bouncy.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2010, 02:03 PM - Thread Starter

Hi Ladies, I wasn't planning to make an April Thread, but it had gotten longish. Here are the last three posts from March!

Quote:
LZP:

Wow! We've all been slackers the past few days, here, huh? I know I've been a non-poster, but I;ve been reading to stay caught up as much as possible lately. For some reason, i've been unmotivated to type....

YYYM- YAY for belly looking bigger!! I'm sure you know about the early pregnancy bloat, I had it BAD, but it went away around 11 weeks or so, and at that point, I still only looked like I ate one too many turkeys at Thanksgiving. Not the "showing" that would give anything away. Now, you're quite a bit tiny-er than I, so, perhaps it might give it away, and I can understand your apprehension about that. Hope the pukeys have stayed away for you a little longer than your pg with DD.

Lis- maybe it's good that you're staying put. Moving can be costly sometimes, and now you can just "re-allocate" that expenditure to Caleb's room design!! And, I hope your first CB Class went well! Was it so fun and exciting?!

Lauren, thanks for sharing more pics of your little girl- adorable! Can't believe how old she is already. time flies.

Kelly- WOW!! Those numbers are GREAT! And, you're officially in April, your U/S month, and only 8 days away from it now! YIPPEE! Hope you're feeling great, and it's really sinking in.

Tear- I was stalking you on the BSL Proper. I am SO sorry that AF showed, I was certain this was it with the IUI. I can somehow always be optimistic for you. Like you said, you can be super fertile (and are)after the procedure, just not "first time" fertile. thinking of you often, and can't can't can't wait for you to be over here posting your own updates. i think you and Nanette might get your IUI dust together, and you two can be the most chill ladies in your DDC together.

Lyndzies- Happy 2nd Tri, girlie! Hope you are still feeling great, and start to feel better. I know "they" say that the 2nd tri is a great time, but seriously, I was not prepared for how good I would feel! It's like a high almost. Feeling baby move, having energy, getting the beginnings of hard core nesting setting in... and just feeling a general sense of well-being. I hope it's the same for you It's real now, right?!

Mae- so glad you're feeing better- you havent had an easy time in the illness department, have you?!

To those of you I missed, so sorry. nothin' but love!

AFM: for some reason, my deoderant has stopped working. I am not sweating any more than usual or anything- but the crystal is just ineffective. Though strangely, only at work it seems. all weekend it was fine despite being out in the sun. in the climate controlled office, not so much. great. Might have to go back to the traditional kind this summer

also- feeling great! as I said to Lyndzies, this 2nd tri stuff is no joke. I still feel emotionally unbalanced at times, but it seems to be at least more predictable! not super tired anymore, and that's a huge bonus!

My sister could have her babies any day now, she's been in hosp for 3 weeks now, and it's wearing on her. she's such a trooper- every day is another day those LOs bake in there. still, I can't wait to meet them! My cousin is having a baby today by scheduled repeat C-section. I wish we were closer so I could feel comfortable pushing my views on her ha!! but seriously, I just feel like she was duped into missing out on what I expect will be a great experience.

and finally, I got 2 of the books that I was really excited to start reading- Hypnobirthing, and Birthing from Within. Can't wait to start reading, but have to finish the BFing book I borrowed from the birth ctr before I have to return it on Friday!

How is everyone else doing? Check in with is May due date mamas!!!!!!
Quote:
MaerynPearl :

I worry my gut feeling is wrong and this is a girl because with DD I was also one walking giant infection. Anything that COULD get an infection did and I was basically on antibiotics every other week or so (less in the beginning, nearly weekly at the end)

But then I remember... I probably would have been the same with DS had I been allowed out of bed for the majority of the pregnancy. 22 weeks on bedrest seems to protect you from a lot of problems.

and finally, I got 2 of the books that I was really excited to start reading- Hypnobirthing, and Birthing from Within. Can't wait to start reading, but have to finish the BFing book I borrowed from the birth ctr before I have to return it on Friday![/B]

I am loving the second tri! I love feeling kicks and cant wait for them to get stronger! 17 weeks tomorrow... wow. Time is moving so much fater than I thought it would.

I understand on the pushing your views on her. My cousin had twins and purposely scheduled a C-section for them JUST so she wouldnt have to birth them. There were no additional risks to her pregnancy and she could have easily at least ATTEMPTED a vaginal delivery. Instead she wanted to be able to choose her kids birthday :| and avoid the pain of labor (seriously!? You think labor is going to be worse than recovering from a C-section?!)

Im reading Hypnobirthing and I LOVE it... its just reminding me of what I already know.
Quote:
Lauren31:

LZP - I can't BELIEVE that people schedule C-sections in this day and age. UGH. It reminds me of my cousin's wife who had her first around the smae time I did, she had an induction bc she was a couple days late and an epidural right away because you "have" to get one. And now her baby has been diagnosed with both colic and Gerd and is on meds to stop that. UGH. Luckily she is still breastfeeding but reading her FB comments about GERD everyone kept saying, add rice cereal to the formula. She is probably allergic to your breastmilk. yack yack yack. riiiiight.... I had to gently tell her about swaddling, remind her that breast milk is A MILLION times easier to digest then formula and that babies who are 1 month old DO NOT NEED RICE CEREAL.

Mae- I hope you are feeling better!!!

EVERYONE-
Thanks for the compliments on Adelynn! She is just amazing. Everyday she learns new things and I just love being a mama. I am going to the gym most days now around 6 am. My husband goes at 5 am. LOL. Yeah, he is an army officer and up super early! Either way, I get my "me" time at the gym and it coordinates with miss A's sleep/feeding schedule for the time being.

Old 04-05-2010, 02:04 PM

DH is gone all week.... you ladies better keep me busy! lol. DD is sleeping on my boob right now. She fell asleep nursing. lol.

Mommy to one champagne.gif
Old 04-05-2010, 02:14 PM - Thread Starter

Okay... I'm back again. I hope its okay that I decided to make an April Thread. The longer threads take well, longer, to load on my computer at work and at home - so here we are!

Quote:
Lis- maybe it's good that you're staying put. Moving can be costly sometimes, and now you can just "re-allocate" that expenditure to Caleb's room design!! And, I hope your first CB Class went well! Was it so fun and exciting?!
LZP - You know, I'm feeling okay with not moving. As long as we get some updates going (our family room is in desperate need of carpet and paint). I think I'll be okay. Who wants to pack and move at 8 1/2 months PG. It would have been that... or worse, closing and moving while I'm in the hospital with Caleb. I just want to focus on this super special occasion for our family - I don't need to add in anything else!

Our childbirth class went well. Our instructor is really funny and pretty goofy, but that's okay. Its a pretty mainstream class - nothing Bradley about it - but she does teach a lot of breathing and coping mechanisms. She's not forcing epidural down your throat (though not discouraging it either). I had such a BAD labor with DD, that anything will be better with this little guy. It really can't be worse.

As for the deodorant... I also had to switch to a stronger version. It may have had something to do with my super-duper sense of smell (its getting ridiculous), but I like what I've switched over to!

Lauren31 - Up at 6:00 a.m. to go to the gym when you have a two-month-old? You are my hero.

I'm jealous of everyone's extra energy in the 2nd trimester. I just didn't get it. Maybe a little bit, and I was no longer so nauseous, so felt lots better in that respect, but not the "high" that some people get. My hips are so out of wack, that does make me more irritable and tired. And I definitely didn't get the enhanced libido of the 2nd trimester. Poor, poor, poor DH.

Nothing else really to add. I've made it 28 weeks! We start the every two week OB visits now. I have my next appointment a week from today for my glucose test, Rhogam shot and appointment. Caleb is now over 2 lbs and is estimated to be the weight of a Chinese Cabbage. No more fruit salad for me!

Old 04-05-2010, 03:35 PM

Hun, can you fix my blurb? This was cycle #7 (only a minor detail but it was lucky #7 lol)

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
Old 04-06-2010, 01:36 AM

stopping by for quick hi! thanks for the new thread! once they get really long i feel like i cannot keep up anymore.

yay 2nd tri-ers! i am looking forward to that point. here at 7 weeks, i'm in the throes of all-day nausea and fatigue, and all night nausea and insomnia. last thursday, i had no nausea or fatigue or anything. i felt completely not pregnant. it unnerved me. so when my nausea came back in full force on friday, i was way more able to appreciate it!

i TOTALLY have a belly. i don't know if it is just bloat - it looks sort of like a beer belly, but my hubs and a very close friend are like "OH MY GOD YOU ARE SHOWING ALREADY!" gah! i want to keep this quiet for another 5 weeks! a friend of mine is due the day after me with #2, and she also has a belly - plus, another friend who is due in june with #2 said she started showing "immediately," so i feel a LITTLE better. and less afraid that there are a million babies in there.

in other news, we are moving next month! i am really excited about the new place - and we're getting MOVERS this time around! moves are always super stressful because both of us have some different chronic pain isuses, and we have never been able to get movers before, so i am stoked.

things are going well over here! i have a dating u/s on the 23rd, at 9.5 weeks. i don't really "need" it since i'm decently sure of my O date by FF, but i'm hoping it'll help curb this weird antsy feeling i've been having about this pregnancy being real, and also confirm my date so i can stop wondering if it's off. i sort of lied about not being sure of my conception date in order to make the u/s be their idea rather than mine.

:yawning

ummmm. i was gonna do personals, but i am kind of falling asleep, and i have so not been getting enough sleep lately... so i am off! thanks for checking in, everyone!

fuzmalesling.giffemalesling2.GIF mama to my spunky little girl, m, born 12/10/07 blahblah.gif, and my sweet little guy, k, born 10/27/10 babyf.gif
nocirc.gif familybed2.gif cd.gif homebirth.jpg nak.gif
Old 04-06-2010, 11:49 AM

Yeah dont worry lyndzies and I both started showing right away, her with her first... me with my third baby... and weve both had ultrasounds showing theres just one healthy little baby in there.

Most of the first trimester its just serious bloating but it can get bloating bad enough that you plain look pregnant!

Now Im 17 weeks today and very much have a baby belly... Im right now at the point where people are afraid to ask if I am pregnant or just put on a lot of stomach weight (as I am told when I mention I am pregnant.... oh I was afraid to ask! lol)

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
Old 04-06-2010, 01:31 PM
LZP

I forgot to add yesterday that we signed up for our childbirth class! it starts in early June. They usually recommend that you have the class END 4 weeks before your due date, but DH is really sure that we will go early so wanted to be finished by July 10th. He was right about the gender, so I might humor him on this too.

Also, we booked our doula! I'm so excited to have someone experienced with us! Goodness knows DH and I are clueless, and I dont know that any book will help really support us the way a woman who's attended many many births can. I feel so lucky to be able to have that this time

YYYM, glad that the sickies are making you feel more confident and not nervous, but boy, I sure wish you could get a break every couple of days! Has anything worked for you in the past to alleviate it a little? and YAYAYAYAY for moving, and MOVERS. what a treat. DH and I fantasize that we'll get movers if we ever move again. it seems like such a luxury that would totally be worth it! (and you definitely need it if you still feel ill, esp since you can't carry a sofa or anything!) So fun to be able to plan your new space, complete with a new baby space. tell us all about the new place- BR/BA, is it an apt or a house, do you have a yard, are you close to parks/shopping/transit? do you love the neighborhood? do you think you'll stay there a while?

Lis- 28 weeks!!! that is so amazing. So, do you officially consider yourself in the 3rd tri?! Congrats! Oh, little Caleb, you'll be here so soon!

RE: the super sense of smell: last night I was upstairs in the back of the house. DH was downstairs in the front of the house. I yelled down, "are you eating Cheerios?!" I could SMELL them from a floor away. cheerios. he was a little unnerved by the whole thing. didnt bother me, just made me want some cereal! I've surpassed hound-dog-like sense of smell. what's stronger than that?!

The babymoon isn't over! Our long awaited A born 7/18/10, making us laugh and smile every day.
Old 04-06-2010, 03:47 PM

LZP: I didn't know that you could smell Cheerios from that far away... made me laugh. That's great about signing up for childbirth class and booking a doula. Seems like everything is falling into place and you'll be well prepared. Thanks for reminding me that my ultrasound is coming up quickly... next Wednesday, I can't wait!

Yummy: I'm glad that everything is going well. Congrats on the move and getting movers this time. I think you're about 1.5 weeks ahead of me and this is my first but I can relate to your feeling of bloat, it gets a lot worse for me in the evening than the morning. I'm really tired too these days... I would like a nap right now but I am at work so that is not feasible.

Lis: Congrats on the 28 week mark!! I'm glad you're settling in to the idea of not moving right now and feel that you can focus on Caleb. Glad to hear that the childbirth class went well... I hope these techniques will come in to good use.

Lauren: good for you in getting to the gym... wow... amazing, that's all I can say.

Mae: glad you are loving the second tri and are feeling better after the UTI.

All is well with me. I am a bit nervous about getting through the first trimester but I'm trying to enjoy every minute of it. Can't wait until my ultrasound next week.

I don't have any morning sickness yet but I will just be starting my 6th week tomorrow, not sure when it will gear up? My husband looked at my stomach this morning when I was getting dressed and told me it looked bigger... it was an unsoliticed comment so he caught me off guard but I was happy, some of my pants are feeling tight/uncomfortable so I've decided I can't wear them any more but I wasn't sure if it was visible. Wow, this is starting to feel really real.

Someone at work who knows I'm pregnant asked me today if my boobs were getting bigger and I laughed because I was thinking they were but wasn't sure.

I hope everyone is doing well!

2twins.gif Twin Girls on November 11, 2010
Old 04-06-2010, 03:55 PM

Thanks for the new thread! The other one was getting a bit long, I agree.

YYYM - Like Mae said, definitely an early "show-er" over here... most of it was bloat but whooo boy! I really looked pregnant super early. Caused me to come out of the pregnancy closed at only 8 weeks (wanted to wait till 12). At 15 weeks-ish, it now is more hard and is a baby/uterus belly and some of the bloating has definitely calmed down.

I'm sorry to hear about your all day sickness! I hope it subsides early for you (although I know it's also "nice" to have symptoms reminding you that you're pregnant... but why can the symptoms be something more tolerable/enjoyable... like, instantly flawless skin or a natural sun-free tan... instead of pukiness?).

Mae - so glad to hear you're feeling better!! It's so cool that you're feeling the baby kick already. I felt what I thought was suspiciously "something" last week (felt sort of like an intermittent muscle spasm or popcorn inside) but nothing since then. Hopefully soon!

Also, interested to hear your take on "Birthing from Within." I think that may be on my next "to purchase" list. I'm currently reading "Your Best Birth" and have read "From the Hips" and am in class one of my Hypnobabies home study workbook.

LZP - Super-nose, indeed! The Cheerios story is funny. I'm not sure what is above hound dogs in scent-detection. I hear sharks can smell blood from miles away. But comparing a pregnant lady to a shark just seems wrong...

And, I can't wait to experience this second tri "high" you speak of. Indeed, I'm feeling much better than the first tri, but I wouldn't call it anything particularly out of the ordinary, yet.

Lis - Yay for 28 weeks! Wow, not too long now!!! Chinese cabbage is yummy... maybe we just need to start a mixed veggie stir fry to have along side our fruit salad (I'm a lemon... was a peach last week... but in my experience peaches are bigger than lemons. Where are they getting their produce??)

AFM - I had a great visit with my mom this weekend. I hadn't seen her since Thanksgiving, so it was long overdue. It was so nice just to be able to spend time with her in my "maternal" state. My MIL is great, but it's just not the same as a girl having her own mom around. We got pedis, had a lazy lunch, and went on a little spree at Buy Buy Baby (she got us the mini co-sleeper, which had been on my to-buy list). A really great weekend, overall.

Also, DP met the midwife for the first time at this morning's appointment, and we heard the heartbeat for the first time on the Doppler! Still strong and in the upper 150's now. We have our anatomy scan scheduled for 18-ish weeks (my midwife likes to do them earlier rather than later, apparently) and hopefully the small fry will cooperate and show us whether it's got boy bits or girl bit! We really can't wait to start using his/her name. I think that will make everything even less abstract for us, especially for DP who is looking for a way to bond with our tiny baby before s/he joins us on this side.

Other than that, not too much new to report. I justified buying myself a new iPod since I wanted to start my Hypnobabies, so that was pretty cool (and felt a bit like Christmas! I never "treat" myself to stuff; I'm rather cheap. Lol). I have been trying to keep an open mind about the Hypnobabies course, but I'll admit that it's hard. I am very analytic and skeptical by nature, so it's hard just to open up and let go. I am definitely enjoying the affirmations, but I think I'm really going to need to practice at the scripts.

Hope everyone is well! I've been quiet, but I have been reading.

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

Old 04-06-2010, 06:59 PM

Lyndzies- I treated myself to an iPod touch last year. First time EVER purposely getting something for no other reason than to spoil myself. I do not regret it at all! The thing never leaves my side! I love it so much... I have games on it to entertain the kids when we have to wait places... I have music on it to listen to in the car and movies on it for extra long car rides.

Wow what a day we are having (and this is only if by day you consider that my day started yesterday at 7am and I have yet to have more than a nap here and there...)

We had bad storms last night that kept me up... hail, wind damage, deadly lightning...

today its beautiful, 75 and sunny. Thats a bad thing. That means the storms tonight will probably be even worse

On the plus side both DD and I got haircuts today both well above our shoulders she got the kid version of my haircut we are so cute!

AND I wouldnt have typed this much but my power is currently out and I am waiting for it to come back on so my modem can restart and I can send this (one of those benefits of a laptop computer)

Old 04-06-2010, 07:47 PM

Lyndzies--So glad you had a nice visit with your mom!
That's exciting about the doppler! You must be excited for the scan to see if it's a boy or girl. We're still really early on but DH has expressed an interest in finding out the sex of the baby. I'm not sure if I want to know or if I want it to be a surprise. We have some time to think about it.

Old 04-08-2010, 12:35 PM - Thread Starter

Giving us a good sized ... we'd really drifted down page 2!

YummyYumYumMama - I had a 9 week u/s for dating reasons too. I knew my dating wasn't terribly off (maybe a day or two) but if my OB was willing, I was sure willing to see the little bean! The pic is STILL on our fridge.

Very nice you will be moving early on in the pgcy. All the worry about possibly moving at 38 weeks PG was really freaking me out!

How long did m/s last with your DD? Mine was pretty much the same with DD as with DS-to-be, started right around 6 weeks, peaked at 10-11, and tapered off by 15 or 16 weeks. This time I have brutal reflux symptoms though, that started WAY earlier... but that can be a "boy" old wives tale.

MaerynPearl - Funny about people being "afraid" to ask. The mom of one of DD's classmates kept giving me really funny looks when she'd see me at school... finally she did come right out and ask! It was hard to tell during the wintertime, wearing a bigger coat and all - now that its warmer its been fun to really let the belly out for all to see!

Fun haircuts! DD needs a real one too. I keep telling her before 2nd grade maybe... but she insists her hair MUST be long.

LZP - Yep definitely in the 3rd Tri over here. Each trimester would technically be like 13.2 weeks, but who keeps track that carefully? I know its going to go by really fast and I am so excited to start working on Caleb's little tiny nursery. Our 4th bedroom is the smallest thing EVER, but it will be perfect for a nursery.

So DH thinks you'll be early? I hope he's right! It will be no fun to have that idea and then go LATE... it will add like 6 weeks to the pgcy. I figure I'll be late to some extent, but I'm hoping to have him before July!

KellyTTC#1 - My OB said that changes in BBs are what she finds the best telltale "visual" sign for early pgcy. Mine did change pretty quick! Everything gets bigger and vein-ier. I find very few of my bras are comfy... and at this point, with BF in the future, I'm not sure what to do!

As for m/s, everyone is so different. Mine starts mildly around 6 weeks, but really picks up by 8 weeks and is 24/7. However, some don't have it very bad at all - just mild food aversions. So if it doesn't start... don't worry!

Lyndzies - I'm glad you had a nice visit with your Mom, and got to go on a baby buying spree! FUN! And yippee for anatomy scans! We had ours at 18 weeks too, and the parts were obvious. I do like knowing the gender and having the name already - it really helps me identify with my new little baby in utero.

RE: the super sense of smell

It has gotten nearly ridiculous over here. Everything smells at my house. Our room is always smelly like something. DH is forbidden to eat anything with garlic, onion or a specific salad dressing he used to eat. DD's hair smells if I don't wash it every other day. Last night the cake I made smelled like the last thing I made in the same pan, which was manicotti. No one else noticed it (that was a relief). But what crazy hormone makes you have super smelling powers when PG? I think I'll ask my OB on Monday...

Okay... back to work. This was a much longer post than I planned!

Old 04-08-2010, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisko15 View Post
It was hard to tell during the wintertime, wearing a bigger coat and all - now that its warmer its been fun to really let the belly out for all to see!
I was enjoying the beautiful weather even though Im not exactly huge yet (i do have an album on my profile of my belly as it gets bigger, updated each week if you wanna see )

Then yesterday I FINALLY found my super comfy maternity skirt... and yesterday it was cold and rainy and last night it SNOWED.

UGH.

Old 04-08-2010, 03:55 PM

I wasn't a BSL for very long, but can I join you ladies? I got my BFP over the weekend EDD is December 17th so really, things haven't even gotten going for me yet. I still want to POAS a few more times to be sure.

Mama to DD 4/06 notes2.gif  new DS stork-boy.gif born 17/12/10 familybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
Old 04-08-2010, 07:53 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qbear'smama View Post
I wasn't a BSL for very long, but can I join you ladies? I got my BFP over the weekend EDD is December 17th so really, things haven't even gotten going for me yet. I still want to POAS a few more times to be sure.
yay, Qbear!!!

I'm hiding out and injecting myself. Please send me good-sized but medium-numbered follicle vibes!

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

Old 04-08-2010, 08:54 PM

That's why I wanted to join from this end, I gotta share the mojo (and also the BSLs rule! ) I am sending you perfect follie vibes!!!!!
(these are the follies, hee hee!!)

Mama to DD 4/06 notes2.gif  new DS stork-boy.gif born 17/12/10 familybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
Old 04-08-2010, 10:06 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qbear'smama View Post
(these are the follies, hee hee!!)
Where's the peeing my pants smilie?

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

Old 04-09-2010, 12:46 PM

Qbear'smama - welcome, and congrats!!!

Tear - can't wait for you to get your cute butt over here!

MaerynPearl - UGH re: snow. Double, triple, quadRUPLE UGHHHH! I hope it warms up again for you soon, so you can don that comfy skirt!!

And, thanks for the story about your iPod. I feel less guilty for indulging myself, now.

lisko15 - Glad to hear that the parts were obvious at your early anatomy scan! Gives me whole bunches of hope. We're going to a peri practice for it, too, so that should help (the experience of the tech).

Also, manicotti-essenced cake = yuck!

KellyTTC#1 - Yep, you definitely have time to decide! If you wanted, maybe you could have the tech write it down and put it in an envelope, if you haven't made up your mind by the anatomy scan, even. Just a thought! I am jealous of people that are able to do the "surprise!" actually. I'm just way way WAY too neurotic! Lol.

AFM - behold my overachieving 15-week belly. I'm 4 months preggo and look six... but I could care less! I'm loving it and amazingly have gained only 1 lb. since my first MW appointment at 6 weeks. How is this possible? I just don't get it. But, I'm happy about it, so whatever.

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

Old 04-09-2010, 03:06 PM

Lyndzies: you look amazing!

Qbear'smama: Congrats and Welcome

Mae: How’s the weather now… it’s cold here today but we have had the no snow in March a record in the history books.

Lis: you sense of smell sounds wild… a manicotti-smelling cake does not sound good. Both you are LZP seem to have the sense of smell of sharks… isn’t that what someone on here said?

Tear: I’m definitely sending you good vibes for this IUI!

Not much new to report with me… I’m looking forward to the weekend and resting. I woke up in the middle of the night hoping that tomorrow was Saturday but then I realized it was indeed Friday and I needed to go to work today.

Old 04-09-2010, 03:14 PM

Its almost 60 out and really sunny today. Gonna be 70 and sunny tomorrow... heading to Wisconsin for the weekend but planning on packing my comp and my step-mom has wireless so I will be able to visit still. Just not as well. I hate hate hate dialup internet, and they have dialup plus a wireless router... so its like extra slow!

Old 04-11-2010, 06:52 PM - Thread Starter

We were on Page THREE!

Just saying Hi.

Yes, my sense of smell is completely ridiculous. Today I stripped our bed and am washing everything and hanging it on the line. DH finally laughed and said, "maybe you just need to have Caleb to have everything smell right again".

We had snow on Friday afternoon too! Today is much nicer, still chilly (high 50's), but no snow and the sun is out!

Kelly - Can't wait to hear about your u/s! Is it Tuesday or Wednesday???

Qbear's mama - Super congrats! I added you, but I don't know your other stats, like time TTC, what brought you over to BSL-Land... stuff like that. So fill me in if you want me to add to the first page. I hope you keep seeing ++++!

AFM - 29 weeks yesterday! GTT tomorrow, gross. Baby Shower (or Sprinkle as we are calling it, because it's quite small) set for May 8th and invites out! So weird that everything is getting soooo close!

Old 04-11-2010, 07:20 PM

Just got home from Wisconsin for the weekend. I am EXHAUSTED.

Time to go take a mile walk and then pass out.

Old 04-12-2010, 12:21 PM

Hi! Hope everyone enjoyed the weekend! We had such beautiful weather!

Lis: 29 weeks... wow, it's getting close!! never heard of it being called a sprinkle, cute!

The weekends keep going by so fast! We had friends and family over for dinner on Saturday night and I was completely exhausted yesterday. DH and I took the dog for a walk but that was about it. Ultrasound on Wednesday... we're excited!

Old 04-12-2010, 06:58 PM

hi! nothing interesting to say, just checking in. OH, LZP had asked about the new place - it is smaller than our current place, which we wanted, and it is so much more affordable! it has 2 bedrooms, 1 bath, washer/dryer in unit, and a yard. we rent, so it can be hard to find a yard OR a washer/dryer in unit. and when i'm washing cloth diapers, i don't want to be taking a 3 year old and a newborn to the basement somewhere for each step of the cycle. so i am thrilled. it's also all on one floor, which is awesome because we are currently living in a 3-level home with a basement that we use. so we live on 4 floors. we live on a big hill, so they couldn't expand outwards, so it's narrow and tall. get me out of here!

i'm enjoying that the weather's getting better. 8 weeks today, still not feeling awesome, but hoping that acupuncture and sea bands will keep me going! i'm having horrendous gas all the time, BLERGH. my m/s stopped at 13ish weeks with DD, so... 5 more (or less? please?) to go... i hope. i need to sleep more - that's a real problem lately. i'm exhausted but can't sleep.

i also have dog nose and can smell cheerios from miles away! and an overachieving belly as well. i don't want to get big too quickly! i wanna hide this for 4 more weeks! or maybe 32! i don't think certain family members will react well and i'm so irritable that i will bite their heads off if they say something negative. i just want to keep it to myself and bypass all the negative energy the family can sometimes provide. i'll tell them sometime after the birth. no one will notice before then, right?

lyndzies, you look adorable!

congrats, qbear's mama!

tear, any update?

uhhhh i don't remember who else i was gonna write to. DD's at her grandparents' today so i should be taking a nap....

fuzmalesling.giffemalesling2.GIF mama to my spunky little girl, m, born 12/10/07 blahblah.gif, and my sweet little guy, k, born 10/27/10 babyf.gif
nocirc.gif familybed2.gif cd.gif homebirth.jpg nak.gif
Old 04-12-2010, 07:05 PM

I am so exhausted still. I do not remember EVER being this tired constantly. And I sleep! from about 8pm-7am I sleep hard, better than ever (granted its medicated due to insomnia from my other problems that I cant take medicine for during pregnancy... so im on benedryl any night I cant sleep on my own... otherwise I would never sleep)

My family is convinced more now than ever that its twins. Theres NO reason to believe it is, we saw ONE baby on my 9 week ultrasound and I am still losing weight... but I am so very exhausted that they are all convinced there is more than one baby in there.

Old 04-14-2010, 09:39 AM - Thread Starter

We were at the top of page 3 again! I guess we are all nicely busy... which is good, right?

LZP check in!

Kelly - Was your u/s yet... or today?

MaerynPearl - On the exhaustion. I've been 100 times more tired this time around than I was with DD. In the beginning I felt like the bed called me to come back (ha ha), and I'm still very tired by midafternoon and evening. For me, I think its age related. You also are a few years older than you were with your other two. As well, you have the other two to take care of, and pretty much on your own. That in itself is exhausting, its hard to get rest when you have other little ones to take care of - even if they aren't toddlers. (Your low iron level probably doesn't help either.)

YummyYumYumMama - New place sounds great! Cheaper is always a HUGE bonus.

I also had horrible gas in the beginning. I kept joking that it was definitely a boy (and it is!) because he was making me "gross".

AFM - Should hear today if I passed the glucose test. I'm just kind of assuming I did. We finished our childbirth class - it was only three 2 hour classes. At the last one we watched the newborn care video. Awh... so cute... I'm going to have one of those again!

I ordered two on sale XL T-shirts from Old Navy Maternity. I need some comfy T shirts for these warm days that are going to come and I'm certainly not getting any smaller. My belly size is a big source of entertainment these days. I also ordered Caleb's try-it-kit of CDs from Cotton Babies! Can't wait to get those...

On the Sprinkle... I'm not sure where that came from. I gave a friend of mine (a good 7 years ago) a Sprinkle for her 2nd when it was a girl, and her first had been a boy. It makes it feel not so "BIG" and demanding of presents when its #2, does that make sense? I think I found the name Sprinkle on the Internet when doing some searching. It will be really nice, only about 20 guests, family and really close friends. My sister is hoping we get a warm spell that Saturday and she can have it out on her deck and patio.

Anyway, DD is still sleeping and I should jump in the shower quick before its time to get ready for school. Hope all those bellies are growing big and happy - CHECK IN MAY MOMS!!!!

Old 04-14-2010, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisko15 View Post
(Your low iron level probably doesn't help either.)

I also had horrible gas in the beginning. I kept joking that it was definitely a boy (and it is!) because he was making me "gross".
My iron level wasn't low, it was borderline and should be fine from the steps I'm taking... but yeah having two kids can be exhausting.

Plus I only realized yesterday I am most exhausted on days when I do nothing that follow days when I do too much. I am especially tired today. The day before yesterday we went mushroom hunting and yesterday I did yard work for my gramma and then came home, took an hour long walk, took my kids to DSs cubscout meeting, then drove out of town for a quick grocery trip.

Its not so surprising Im so tired today when I think of it that way lol.

I have today OFF... lol... my sort of off. No appointments, everyone that wants me to do things is too busy to ask. Then tomorrow I have a lunch date with DD and my mom and if its 80+ and sunny like the forecast says, we will probably head out to a park or two. Friday I am mushroom hunting again and this weekend is again time to rest!

Old 04-14-2010, 10:45 AM

My heart is beating so fast right now I think I'm going to pass out. I wish I had some of you here right now to hold me up.

Do you see a line?

Here http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...s/DSC08465.jpg

and here http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...s/DSC08468.jpg

Me jammin.gif DH  REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifDS 06/06 superhero.gif ...MC 2/9 11/9 5/10
Old 04-14-2010, 10:54 AM

lol enigo your links arent working here either, you are so flustered you likely copied them from your first post without going into edit first huh? that wouldnt copy the whole link and would include the ... break that MDC adds for long links.

but yay you are here!

User Tag List