AUGUST Mama's (Mar. 6-15) - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 105 Old 03-12-2004, 02:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Bearsmama so sorry that you are going through such a stressful time. I will be praying for strength for your family.

Welcome Krista Congratulations on your pregnancy. I also had a loss about a year and a half ago and know how stressful things can be. Sounds like everything is going great though. Welcome to the group.

Leah, like the name change!

Cheryl

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

#62 of 105 Old 03-12-2004, 02:21 PM

dear bears!

i don't want to say "i'm sure everything will be OK" because i'm not at all sure of anything. but i do know that this baby chose you and your dh to be his/her parents, and that s/he is feeling your love and safety and comfort all around him/her right now. no matter what happens, know that you are doing all the right things for you and for this baby, and that there are just some things beyond our control. it's one of the hardest lessons of pregnancy... we aren't in the driver's seat.

please try to set aside the fear and worry, and love this baby for who s/he is right now! i'm so sorry things are getting complicated for you, but you are living in a place and time where knowledge and treatments are far more powerful than ever before. trust your heart to choose the right path, and trust your baby to grow the best it can within you.

we are sending you peaceful thoughts and our warmest cyber-hugs,

katje
#63 of 105 Old 03-12-2004, 02:31 PM

welcome, krista... there is a pregnancy after loss thread over in the pregnancy loss forum, if you'd like to come join us... we have our own little set of crazy thoughts and worries that we sometimes don't want to dump on the regular boards! (although this group is great... you can tell 'em anything!)

christine, congrats on the house! oh my... everyone seems to be on the move. i swear, i'm not moving a stick of furniture in this house (except a glider rocker, which i'd better get soon, come to think of it!) during this pregnancy. i am the pregnant princess, and i'm going to enjoy this pregnancy to its fullest! hope the puking dies down soon... my heart goes out to you.

all you PCers... nyah, nyah, nyah! ;-) i'm on a mac, and i LOVE it! my son has a PC and it's always giving him grief... but the rest of us are solidly mac devotees, and i wouldn't switch for a million bucks. think about it the next time you're computer shopping... it costs a little more but they are SO worth it!

stayed up late finishing "baby catcher." my midwife in CA was investigated after a baby died, and it was soooo ugly. the mom NEVER wanted to press charges... it was clearly a cord accident, but the DA was a bloodthirsty jerk being egged on by the CA Medical Board. all the charges were eventually dropped, and she's still practicing, but it was such a pointless waste of gov't money, her time and resources... women and babies (and midwives!) deserve better treatment.

hugs to all!

katje
#64 of 105 Old 03-12-2004, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bearsmama
Hi everyone,
Thanks so much for all of your well-wishes and good thoughts over the past few days.

The good news is that the baby is growing well, moving/measuring fine, and has no heart defects-which is the big u/s marker that usually indicates Trisomy. But the kidney thing is making me and DH very worried b/c although this could just be a coincidence and is not *necessarily* associated with Trisomy 18, one of the big abnormalities associated with it is kidney failure. It just seems weird.

Hugs to you and I hope the baby continues to grow and move fine. I had a cousin who delivered a baby (well, was induced) at 20ish weeks because her baby had Trisomy 18, as well as some other problems.
It is VERY good news that your baby is grown and moving. Often with Trisomy 18, there is no growth of the heart, brain etc.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that the kidney defect has nothing to do with trisomy 18 and there is no trisomy 18

Chris Mama of J, A, C and M
Surromama of four
#65 of 105 Old 03-12-2004, 02:41 PM

I guess I should get back into the swing of things. I haven't been here since I first got pregnant. I need to participate more and am trying hard.
For those who don't know me, I'm Chris, stay at home mom of 4- ages 8, 7, 4, and 20 months.
This pregnancy is a surrogacy. I am carrying the biological child of a couple who have become very dear to me.
We've had a neuchal translucency screening which came back great and I have a level 2 ultrasound on the 26th of March here in IL , then another with the Mom's dr in NYC on the 2nd of April.

Its been an interesting ride, having tests and sonograms that I normally wouldn't have chosen for my own pregnancy,but this is their first successful pregnancy after years of trying, IVF, etc.

I am 16 weeks today, and am due the 27th of August and have gained 3/4 lb so far, although at my next visit, I'm sure I'll have jumped a few pounds.

I look forward to jumping back in on the boards with both feet.

Chris Mama of J, A, C and M
Surromama of four
#66 of 105 Old 03-12-2004, 03:51 PM

Bears, ditto what Katje said!

Giraffelovinmama, I am in awe of you! What you are doing for that couple, too me, is the height of human love and sacrifice. I'm not sure I could ever do it. Welcome back to the group!
#67 of 105 Old 03-12-2004, 09:45 PM

Bears - my thoughts and prayers are with you.
I agree with Katje. This child has come to you to be their parent.

A friend of mine called last night to tell me she was in well in labour. Called me this afternoon - I was a wreck waiting - to inform me she had to have a repeat c. One of the nurses freaked out and thought she had unterine rupture. Did not but is ok with the c - turns out the baby was 9 1/2 lbs and she is not very big like me. The Dr. said it was one of the biggest heads she had ever seen. But in the end she has her baby. Sometimes I get so frustrated that I am not more one way or the other - but I have really learned, and was reminded today that the process is not nearly as important as the reward.

Night
#68 of 105 Old 03-12-2004, 11:10 PM

Hi ladies..

Anybody remember when I said I was feeling kicks, like high towards my belly button? I am only 16 weeks 4 days, and at my appt with my midwife this afternoon, she said I am measuring 20 weeks. She didn't seem concerned, just said I will have an ultrasound at my next appt and they will check thing sout then.. she said it couldbe b/c this is my 4th baby, or it could be fibroids, or TWINS!! BUt I did have a quick abdominal ultrasound (free) from my mom's work at 7 weeks to check dates b/c my cycles were off.. so I pretty sure of dates, and I am pretty sure they would have seen more than one in there at that time. Anyway, has anybody had any experience with this?

Mel
#69 of 105 Old 03-13-2004, 12:31 AM

I feel really bad I have not been to MDC in ages. BUt, when I found some free time- here I am! Newest baby due in August. Checking out my birth options this time.
#70 of 105 Old 03-13-2004, 11:21 AM

Hi everyone,
I just had to tell you how much your words mean to me. Thank you so much for the love and support you've given to me in your posts.

I wanted to let you all know that we have our genetic counseling appointment scheduled for Monday and an amnio scheduled for Tuesday. I am very scared that we will find out information that the we didn't know after our 2nd level u/s-things that perhaps the perinatalogist purposefully left out. Of course, I am also scared about hearing more about the possible results to our amnio. We already know that it could be really, really bad.

And of course, I am frightened about the amnio itself. For us, though, we need to know answers right now, and this is the only way.

We will *hopefully* have preliminary results back by the end of next week, which should *at least* tell us if things look BAD or GOOD. After that, it takes about 2 full weeks to get back detailed results.

I feel badly for ignoring all of your wonderful posts. Please keep on keepin' on! And take good care of yourselves and your babes. I have read as much as I can over the past few days of all the posts, and I know that some of you have some very exciting and interesting and sometimes scary stuff going on, too (AP, so glad to hear your ND made you feel relieved about your lump

Hoping to get back to you all ASAP. I will keep you all posted. And thank you again for all your support
#71 of 105 Old 03-13-2004, 02:43 PM - Thread Starter
Kim

(((Bearsmama)))

I have been thinking so much about you these past couple of days. Please keep yourself well and draw as much support as you can from all of us here. We are behind you, no matter what.

An amnio is a risk, but I think many of us know someone who has had one and all turned out well. A good friend of mine had one (her sister was her OB) and she said it wasn't a big deal. She was already a high-risk mama and needed the information to rule out some big problems. Whatever you decide to do will be the right decision for you and your family.

Please keep us posted, even if just to vent emotional stuff over the next couple of weeks.

Saying a prayer for you!
#72 of 105 Old 03-14-2004, 03:05 PM

BUMP! we got knocked off the day's posting list! but this should put us back...

life is good here. no big baby news at the moment, just cruising along. had a discussion with dh about vaccinations... he's willing to read up but still has the predominant cultural expectation of treating the baby as a pincushion. we'll see if we can change that soon!

katje
#73 of 105 Old 03-14-2004, 03:13 PM

Welcome Jen Number 5 hey! Wow, I am overwhelmed just thinking of having one child to take care of. :LOL

Bears it is so nice to hear from you. I am praying for you and your family.

katje, I hear you on the vaccinations. I was just at a seminar yesterday put on by a Dr. who wrote "The Sanctity of Human Blood; Vaccinations are not Immunizations." It was really good and I wouldn't even consider giving my child vaccinations. Thankfully dh, my parents and in-laws are all very okay with that.

I also recommend www.909shot.com to check out vaccination issues. (did you know that there are up to 140 men in prison right now for Shaken Baby Syndrome where the evidence points towards vaccination injury and not abuse!) Anyway that is OT...

No real big baby news here either. I am feeling movement every day now! It is so cool! He/She really likes to move after I have eaten.

Cheryl

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

#74 of 105 Old 03-14-2004, 03:15 PM

:
Well, looks like our list keeps growing and growing....cool!

I think I antidoted myself as now I have had two days of m/s again and my exzcema is coming back...so I wonder if the remedy they gave me for my armpit lump is antidoting my constitutional..hhmmm...

Katje
Get the book "The Vaccination Guide making an informed choice" it is the best book and very middle of the road and one my dh took to like water. We are now in agreement that we will only be giving this baby the HIB and Tetanus(after 2 years of age).
hth...good luck...

Bears...prayers for you every day......

Hope you are feeling better Christine....
that's it for me off to do a book show today...
ttys

Free To Be~
Traci
"Living is learning and when kids are living fully and energetically and happily they are learning a lot, even if we don't always know what it is."
~John Holt 

#75 of 105 Old 03-14-2004, 10:44 PM

Bears - thanks for all your words but your focus is and should be on yourself and your family. You are doing what is right for you all - best wishes/ My thoughts continue with you.

Went to a baby shower yesterday for my cousin. 35 weeks and complaining about being uncomfortable. Told me she hoped the baby was breech so she could have a c-section. ARGH!! A couple women she knows told her it was the way to go and really easy! Not quite the way I remember. My natural delivery was a lot better. Gave her Thinking Womens' Guide to a Better Birth when she announced and she told me the book scared her (she is 34). So, I had to add fuel to the fire and announce we were doing a home birth. Anyway - I don't care what people choose to do in regard to their birth as long as the make informed decisions. Sticking your head in the sand and hoping that the baby comes early because you are uncomfortable? I told her that no one in our family (4 aunts, grandmother, 3 cousins) no one had gone early (and our grandmother had 8 babies and never went early or had fast labours). It's the same genetics that have spared our family any fertility problems - everyone is pg immediately. Her response, don't tell me that I am counting on having this baby at 38 weeks. I really just had to bite my tongue. Did try and throw out some good info - Sphincter Laws, Ina May! Swear by it.

OK- this has run long and my back is killing me. Too much time in the car this weekend.
#76 of 105 Old 03-14-2004, 11:16 PM

Well, the bug didn't stop, because dh got it Saturday. That's our entire household so I'm guessing we're in the clear at least. I also hear that FIL who watched ds Friday got the bug too. woops. This is just a commercial for really good handwashing! My mom visited us today. I wonder if she'll get it now.

I felt the baby move! I was guessing but not sure if what I felt was the baby or gas. I am positive as of Saturday night that it was the baby. It was so exciting!! It seems so early, but I am 17 weeks now but still--time has flown. It is so real now. I think there are two things that have prevented me from accepting this pregnancy as "real". First I"m not gaining a ton of weight like last time which made me uncomfortable and get a belly, and second I've been so busy and purposely trying to push this out of my head until it gets closer. I am going to stop that now. I'm getting excited NOW!

Good night
Christine
#77 of 105 Old 03-14-2004, 11:27 PM

i agree with everyone about not vaccinating both of my children are vax free. i don't plan on vaxing this time either. luckily there is a new doctor in town which is very cool about it. once we have insurance i plan to set the kids up with her, this will be before #3 arrives.

the vax decision can be very difficult, though. so i don't want to ruffle anyone's feathers and start a debate. like everything else we all have to make whatever decision we feel is right for our family.

bearsmama thanks for checking in. you are defintely in my thoughts. please keep us updated.
#78 of 105 Old 03-15-2004, 09:17 AM

HI folks! The moving baby in us is getting stronger. I notice it almost always now after I get back in bed after a midnight visit to the toilet. Such a thrill!

Lots of stress here over the last week or so and no sign of it letting up. My dh's grandmother went into a nursing home against her will last week and dh's folks are planning to move up to her house within the next two months so that the grandmother won't be living alone anymore. The family at large is boiling with discussion. Meanwhile, my MIL really, really wants us to move in with them at the grandmother's house in a few years. The house is a few miles from here and absolutely wonderful......out in the country, lots of space, built by a master carpenter........way out of our financial league. But living with my in-laws? So much to think about. Not much time to decide either........maybe about 1 week before the ball gets rolling. I'm very attached to the grandmother. It is painful to watch her lose control of her personal environment.

Anywho. This really wreaks havoc with my gonzo preggo nesting drive.

Have any of you tried to live with your parents or in-laws while raising you family? It's a lot think about. I sure could use some advice.

-Leah
#79 of 105 Old 03-15-2004, 02:10 PM

Hi everyone,

It's been awhile since I last posted since we have been on vacation. We got to go to Magic Kingdom at Disney for a day and had so much fun. Ds had a blast. I have been so emotional due to these hormones, I was actually crying a few times at Disney b/c I was so happy to be able to bring ds to something like this. Plus, a little of my own childhood dream, I have never been there, but as a kid always longed too.

Sorry to hear the flu bug hitting everyone. We have been lucky and haven't had any flu. I hate being sick, so very grateful that we have missed it so far.

And for the BIG news, we had our ultrasound this morning and we are having a girl! I am 19 weeks 3 days and the baby is pretty high up, I thought I felt a good kick one day and dismissed it since it was high, almost under my ribs. But that is where she is sitting. So we are excited, but struggling with names, I am going to post another thread to get some help.

Leah-re: your in-laws, how well do you get along with them and their values? There is no way in H*LL I could live with my in-laws, but every family is different. I wish we got along better, but it is never going to happen. Thats about all I can offer, sorry it isn't better. I did live with my sister for about nine months, and that did not go well. We eventually asked her to leave.

Hope everyone feels better soon!

Melissa
#80 of 105 Old 03-15-2004, 05:17 PM - Thread Starter
Kim

Hi all,

We decided on a homebirth a couple of weeks ago, but had kept our ultrasound appointment for this morning. I'm not sure if this was a big mistake or not.

My dh and dd attended the ultrasound. It's a boy! The baby was sort of hiding (face in, curled up toward my inside) but they went through and took pictures of everything. At my follow-up appointment my CNM told us the dr. was concerned about several things:

There are cysts on the baby's brain. These could be due to an oncoming growth spurt and something that will disappear, but;

One of the kidney's is larger (or smaller, depending on how you want to look at it) than the other. The ultrasound tech had a somwhat difficult time getting a good picture of both kidney's -- so there could be something wrong, or just a bad picture.

Also, in one of the pictures the shape of the baby's head (from the top) is sort of shaped like a lemon. There are other pictures of the top of the head that appear normal (or at least not as pronounced), and have a round shape. The shape of the head is somewhat a "soft indicator" for Down's Syndrome.

We are left with many, many questions and are scheduled for a follow-up Level 2 ultrasound this Thursday. We dismissed the AFP screen earlier, but decided to take it today. We'll see what all of this means in a couple of days
#81 of 105 Old 03-15-2004, 07:33 PM

I saw my cnm today. We had a great visit. We were the first of the day so I got to be on time and then make everyone else run late! Well, my huge growth has slowed down and now I am measuring back at 21 so right on track. Need to really focus on my nutrition these next 10 weeks. Supposedly the size of the placenta plays a huge role in the size of the baby. Learn something new every time!

Kim - hate to hear about your news. I can only imagine the struggles you are facing. Not knowing, and then only knowing maybes and possiblies... I chose to do the u/s to determine if I felt comfortable going with a homebirth and then felt like backing out because I didn't know how I would process any "abnormal" results. My thoughts a prayers are with you.

Leah - there was a pretty good article in the last (?) Mothering issue that discussed this topic. I could not live with my parents or in-laws - many would die. I could have lived with my ex boyfriends mom - but not him!
#82 of 105 Old 03-15-2004, 07:57 PM

kim and bearsmama, i'm sorry to hear of your worries - nothing like a baby scare. unfortunately i've btdt, only with IUGR and oligohydramnios and luckily it had a good outcome for me and baby. i will pray that you both have peace and comfort in your wait and that your babies will be ok! s

things here are same ole, same ole. i'm 17wks and a few days now, doing well i guess...feeling the baby alot up high, this one must like more room to swim than just my pelvic area lol...we're all just getting over some sinus yucky here after a rough weekend withit...and shelby's had a stomach virus for a wk now so my sympathies are with anyone who's recently dealt with this...ick!
#83 of 105 Old 03-15-2004, 11:09 PM

21 weeks tomorrow. i'm slowly getting caught up on all the things that were left while i was so sick... taxes, publicity for a homeschooling conference, contract negotiations for a juggling festival, editing for a magazine... who knows what else lurks under the pile on my desk!

i've got a midwife appointment wednesday, and dh will be able to come with me this time. i think we'll make an afternoon out of it, go out to lunch or something.

mmm. he's broiling chicken and steaming asparagus for dinner, bless his heart!

kim... i'm sending you the same warm wishes i sent to bears... may you find peace and joy in this pregnancy no matter what happens.

katje
#84 of 105 Old 03-16-2004, 02:15 AM

Hi everyone,

We had our genetic counseling appointment today and we got some encouraging words. I'm not sure if I'll be up for re-hashing all the details, but here it goes (if I stop writing, you'll know I've fallen asleep!).

Basically the counselor made us feel so much more positive about our situation. The most important thing she said was that 90% of the time babies with this Trisomy 18 show some other indicators (other than having a high risk) on a 2nd level u/s. And our baby shows none. Measuring and growing fine. There is the existing kidney problem, but that is not related to the possibility of the genetic problem (at least as far as we know now).

My risk is still the same of course (1/58-extremely high considering that this only happens 1 time out of many, many thousand births). But I've been thinking -and the counselor confirmed that-you know, if you lined up 58 women and only 1 of them would have this problem, it's sort of a small risk. Does this make any sense? So, there's like a 98% chance that I will have a perfectly normal baby.

The counselor also went over in detail the QUAD screen, all sorts of genetic information, and also took a very detailed family history from both DH and me. If anyone is having any of their own concerns, please PM me and I will give you as much information as I know.

So, we feel like we can BREATHE a bit now, but we will not be able to get back to our lives and this little baby's life until I get the prelim results back from the amnio on Friday afternoon. These results can definitively rule OUT or IN the Trisomy 18. I have many more questions about the kidney thing, but the counselor suggested getting through this week, and then going from there with the kidney issue.

There's a lot more to write, but I am pooped and I don't want to drive you all crazy with these details. I have my amnio tomorrow and of course I am worried about it, but it's nothing compared to my worry about the bigger picture. OF COURSE, there's a horrible thread on these boards right now entitled Urgent Question about an amnio gone bad that is jeopardizing the baby. Very scary and I didn't need to read it tonight, although I feel so much empathy for the woman going thru this.

I read Kim's thread with interest. And she knows that I am thinking of her and sending her all the best. Now that I have gone through some of the torment of this waiting game when you've been hit with potentially bad news, I can totally feel her pain. Although I know we've had different situations thus far, the worry is insane...

Just one more big thank you to all of my pregnant friends here. Your words have meant so much to me

I am trying hard to catch up on all your posts. Hey, we are ALL going through own own stuff. I've read a bit about the vax issue, and there are definitely vaxs that I will NOT be getting this time around. I did a lot of research with DS, but a lot of it was unfortunately after the fact with some of them. I think I've mentioned a few books before that helped me: one by Aviva Romm (?????) and another called Vaxs: A Thoughtful Parents Guide. I could have some of that wrong. Very personal decisions that you have to make for you and your little one only. Hard to do that when your doc is breathing down your neck about their importance. But it's important to make your own decision.

Frog-DS had a nasty bug last weekend and it was ugly. Seemed like every toddler on the East coast had some pukey stomach thing then. Yuck! Hope she's over it soon.

Foxy-Sorry for your stress...not good for anyone...

Feeling lots of movements, especially at night. And up high for me, too. That little guy/gal must have long legs!

Anyway, it's midnight here and I have GOT to get to bed. I'm hoping that I can just sail through tomorrow, and then it will be Wednesday and then Thursday, and then the big news day, Friday. Ugh... keep breathing, keep breathing....

Can't wait to get back to you all in a real way with some real news.
Sleep well.
#85 of 105 Old 03-16-2004, 09:02 AM

Well, it's snowing. Indiana weather is so unpredictable.
Bearsmama, good that you had such a positive visit with the counselor. And thanks for the tip on the Mothering article. I will most definitely check it out. I know there's got to be info out there just waiting to be tapped. Seems like what we're considering wasn't so unusual in this society once upon a time. Of course, there's probably a very good reason most people aren't doing the several generations under one roof thing much anymore.

Kim, let us know what's happening, ok? We'll be thinking about you.

Got to thinking. What with this being the ultrasound month for those of us choosing to do one, this thread is bound to be emotional this time around, full of both highs and lows. Seems like so much is up to the individual interpretation of the staff doing the ultrasound. I know that I certainly couldn't tell you much from looking at my daughter's ultrasound before she was born.

Anyway, hope you all have a good day. Time to get our morning rolling here.

-Leah
#86 of 105 Old 03-16-2004, 10:23 AM

:

Well, we did get some snow here too this morning Leah (your neighbor in Ohio)...supposed to get more but it is nothing but a light covering and the roads are fine.

Kim for you ...let us know how your U/S goes on Thursday...

Katje... glad DH is able to go with you this appt...let us know how it goes....

Melissa... glad you had a great vacation!...and congrats on your little girl!

Dodo... how are you doing?...Haven't seen you much here lately.....

Well, I am 20 weeks today...1/2 way there....got some names picked out and feeling lots of kicks and movement..we will not be doing anymore U/S at this point, so we have changed our minds about finding out the sex... we will not.....
I have been very irritable the past two days ..like a little more than I even can handle...ugh...poor ds...I am sure he wonders where his other peaceful, fun mamma went...

Naturegirl I got the Birthing from Within book and so far it is great...do you have the book? I would love to share with you what we are reading...

ttfn

Free To Be~
Traci
"Living is learning and when kids are living fully and energetically and happily they are learning a lot, even if we don't always know what it is."
~John Holt 

#87 of 105 Old 03-16-2004, 12:16 PM

Can these germs travel via computer. I've got a sick household here! DD and DS are not sleeping and DH is sick - of course, now I am starting to feel bad as DH is beginning to improve and gone all day tomorrow. One of the great joys of being the mommy. Always get sick first!!!! Being last is just impossible.

I am very excited. Found out yesterday that Ina May is coming to town! What a great, something different, for this pg.

Have to replace our heat pump - $3300. At least the guy was nice and is coming back tomorrow. Good thing since we are in another cold spell!

Later loves
#88 of 105 Old 03-16-2004, 01:01 PM

Bears and Kim I hope all turns out well.

It is spring break over here and that means no class for me and no day care for Ben. I"m with him all day. It is Tuesday and I'm kinda burnt out on temper tantrums already.

I'm supposed to be packing for the move, but I'm fighting to keep my sanity. I admire sahm for their patience to deal with their kids all day and get anything done around the house. I think I'm a little spoiled sending ds out for half a day everyday. I'm glad to be spending time with him--don't get me wrong. I'll miss it when school starts again I'm sure.

Christine

PS what middle name goes with Luke? I can't seem to find anything that flows, but we love Luke.
#89 of 105 Old 03-16-2004, 01:41 PM

Hello again!

Bearsmama, I'm glad you're starting to feel a little better about the possible results of your test. I think about you a lot and hope everything is fine!

Kim, I'm so sorry you're having worries too! Hope for the best, and keep loving that precious baby.

We haven't done u/s since our first baby. The last one never had one. But what I didn't realize is that the doppler carries the same theoretical risk as the u/s. I know all my babies have been bothered by the doppler and always try to move away from it. So we've decided to ask our midwife to use the fetoscope from now on. My mommy "spider senses" are telling me this is just the right thing for us. Sounds real scientific, I know! But I have read a lot of the science too and I'm just as convinced by that as I am by my own instincts.

I have a question for you mamas who don't vax. Have you ever applied for WIC benefits? We were thinking of doing that, but they want a vax record for the 3 yr. old. We don't vax at all, and I'm extremely cautious about who I tell that too as I've heard of great parents getting reported to CPS because they don't vax. Are the WIC benefits really worth it? Or should I keep a low profile?

And for those who said they're already feeling baby feet up near their ribs, me too! Sometimes I feel like I'm carrying an octopus! This baby can be in so many places at once, it's funny. It's also adorable!
#90 of 105 Old 03-16-2004, 02:01 PM

myjo, I am not sure about WIC benefits specifically BUT I do know that vaccinations is not a law and that parents have the right to choose. So I am sure that you can sign a waiver or exemption and they shouldn't give you too much grief. I think that as long as you have your facts as to why you are not vaccinating then CPS can't do too much. They are supposedly trying to make sure we aren't "neglecting" our children and their health : I think that we should make informed decisions whether you choose to vax, not vax or selectively vax.

Good luck

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page