Super Early Pregnancy Symptoms - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 20 Old 04-30-2010, 07:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
for those of you that knew you were pregnant or realized pretty early on you were having pregnancy symptoms. how early was it and what were they?

for those who experienced implantation bleeding do you remember what it smelled like? cause i spotted a little bit today and it doesn't smell like period blood more like a vinegar smell

cold.gifme + headscratch.gif him and one littlecat.gifPaco the Taco hoping for one of these  makebabe.gifin the near future

#2 of 20 Old 04-30-2010, 07:26 PM

if you go into TTC board theres a sticky at the top that has links to threads in it... and it has a thread of TONS of women giving per dpo differences between their pregnancy cycles and nonpregnancy cycles
(to save you the trouble... a link! http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=962404 )
myself, my earliest actual symptom ever was 5dpo with both DD and this baby I got nausea... several other symptoms on top of that too, but they were later on.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#3 of 20 Old 04-30-2010, 07:47 PM

I started throwing up and basically having what seemed like food poisoning. Soooo sick! After throwing up for hours, I ended up having to go to the ER, where they told me I was the most dehydrated person they'd seen in a long time. While giving me multiple IV bags of saline solution, they asked if I could be pregnant (to make sure the anti-nausea med they were going to give me was OK). I said, "oh no, I can't be pregnant" because I was on the mini pill. But then I started thinking... I had been late taking the pill a couple times that month. Sure enough, it turned out I was pregnant. I was only about 4 weeks pregnant, and just barely able to be detected by a pregnancy test. Crazy!

Happily married mother of DD1 (10/87), DD2 (7/08), and DD3 (8/10)
#4 of 20 Old 04-30-2010, 08:03 PM

I was a week late for AF and on the mini-pill. I knew that it was time to test when my coffee tasted bad. That was so outrageous that I knew I had to be pregnant.
#5 of 20 Old 04-30-2010, 08:22 PM - Thread Starter

did anyone has implantation bleeding?

cold.gifme + headscratch.gif him and one littlecat.gifPaco the Taco hoping for one of these  makebabe.gifin the near future

#6 of 20 Old 04-30-2010, 08:25 PM

I had implantation bleeding but never noticed a smell.

With my first, my breasts become heavy and quite a big bigger immediately. They were also very sore.

The same happened with this pregnancy but I also started waking up STARVING. I noticed an increase in appetite immediately.

I took a test and found out at 4-5 weeks with both.

Oh, my period was also 3-4 days late.

Wife to a bearded dude.
Mama to DS [05/21/08] & DD [09/16/10] 43 weeks 1 day!
#7 of 20 Old 04-30-2010, 09:00 PM

Heartburn.

I've had severe heartburn with all my pregnancies, and it's started earlier and earlier with each one. And I'm not talking spicy-food-heartburn or baby-in-the-ribs heartburn. I'm 6 1/2 weeks pregnant, and plain water is killing me.

In all my 33 years, I've never had heartburn outside of pregnancy. You'd think I'd have realized what was going on when I was searching for the Tums 2 weeks ago.

Carrie .. 
Raising a full house- Kings (12, 3, new) over Queens (8, 7)

#8 of 20 Old 04-30-2010, 09:15 PM

I had ovulation spotting 2 days after ovulation.

not implantation spotting for sure though... as implantation happened at 6dpo (thats the day I started getting the pinching and had the triphasic temp rise after)

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#9 of 20 Old 04-30-2010, 09:38 PM

no bleeding here...felt like I had a uti the last two weeks of my cycle. My first I felt like I had a uti and was also really spacey feeling.
#10 of 20 Old 04-30-2010, 09:54 PM

I had implantation spotting, maybe a week or so after ovulation. But I also had that a couple times where something tried to implant and it didn't take, so it's not 100% sign for me.

My first symptom (not counting the spotting), was getting winded and being unable to finish my workout. This was maybe 12 dpo or so.

#11 of 20 Old 04-30-2010, 11:29 PM

The day after conception I had nausea and felt tired. This lasted for 10 days and then went away. Thought it was in my head because I thought I was feeling PMS symptoms for sure. The day I missed AF, I complained of a backache. DH said - 'you're pregnant'. he was right!

Married 16 yrs to DH, DS (3/06) x4 (11/04) (3/08) (3/09) (8/09)
DD born 9/24/2010 :
#12 of 20 Old 04-30-2010, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellen Griswold View Post
I was a week late for AF and on the mini-pill. I knew that it was time to test when my coffee tasted bad. That was so outrageous that I knew I had to be pregnant.
that's always an early sign for me too. with my son, i wasn't interested in coffee in the morning or a glass of wine in the evening. dh said "you're pregnant!"

this time around it was burping... it was a couple days before my period was due but convincing enough that i bought a test.
#13 of 20 Old 05-01-2010, 12:20 AM

Seriously, nausea at 3-5 DPO with my last two pregnancies. In 36 cycles it has only happened twice and both times I was pregnant. With this pregnancy I had a negative home test on 9dpo, and a positive one on 10dpo and a beta HCG of 10. I recorded all my symptoms for this cycle if you are interested: http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/...u=8738042_9418

Heather: Mama to my amazing boys A-14.5, C-13, & M-5.5, and my sweet girl S-2.5 and introducing our little surprise Liam Michael, born 12/28!
#14 of 20 Old 05-01-2010, 12:21 AM

I started to salivate quite a lot. Oh, and that tiredness that is so unique to first trimester pregnancy just kind of overtook me. It was about 5 days before I would have had AF.

Kim. My heart is full! Wife to Ray, Mama to 3 boys!  "Big C", our boy with designer genes, "Little C", and "Baby M" 11/2010.
#15 of 20 Old 05-01-2010, 01:45 AM

With my first, I was craving meat around 12dpo.

With this one, I was stunned to get hit with horrible heartburn from tea and water at 6dpo. I was testing way early and getting frustrated because I knew something was up. Took almost a week to get a positive test.

WAHM to Ladybug (13 months) and Bumblebee
#16 of 20 Old 05-01-2010, 01:14 PM

With my first I had extreme thirst even before my positive test. with this pregnancy I started waking up at like 2 am and couldn't get back to sleep.

Fun loving crunchy mommy to an amazing outgoing adventurous boy named Logan Cloud 2/2/07 and our little ball of energy Jayden Edge 11/28/10 and wife to Jet 7/3/05 expecting our third 09/21/14

}
#17 of 20 Old 05-01-2010, 09:02 PM

I had mild nausea starting at a few dpo, then kept getting car sick. I got air sick at 11dpo and that had never happened to me before. I had bad cramps 12-15dpo. I had a negative blood test at 8dpo and didn't get a positive hpt till 15dpo.

mom to DD 3/09
#18 of 20 Old 05-01-2010, 10:22 PM

My first symptoms with both pgs, well before a missed period, were sharp cramping, and being very hungry. No breast changes or fatigue until a week or so later.

“War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.”
― George Orwell, 1984
#19 of 20 Old 05-02-2010, 03:55 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I had fatigue as a first symptom. But, I was also at the hospital with my 5yo the week before I got my BFP, so that was explained away. The sudden hunger, was too, because I was so stressed. I'm pretty sure both were pg symptoms, though.

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#20 of 20 Old 05-02-2010, 12:43 PM

I had implantation spotting at 5dpo. I started getting bfp's at 8dpo. No "symptoms" until 6+ weeks, when I thought I had the stomach flu, but it didn't go away and was actually the beginning of major morning sickness that lasted all day and all night until around 14 weeks.

Kelly - Labor & Delivery RN, IBCLC, Wife of 22 years, Mom to 4
Proud Surrogate Mommy

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page