~~The BSL Graduates/Stalking Thread JUNE!! ~~ - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 255 Old 07-01-2010, 11:44 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
As for Cadence - its a cute name for you guys. We could never do it... its an overused and very cheesy name with military families LOL but for anyone else its a great name!
I imagine that is true for military families, but we like the traditional musical definition and don't associate it with military chants/call-and-response at all. To us, it refers to a place in a piece of music that feels like the end of a piece or a phrase.

BUT, it also refers to the "temporary-resting-place" pauses that round off the ends of musical ideas within each larger section. We sort of think of planning for and having this baby as a temporary resting place in our relationship before we (as a family rather than a couple) move on to the next part of the adventure, together. So, she really IS a Cadence.

Okay. So maybe that's JUST as cheesy of a reason for liking the symbolism of the name as being a military family and naming her Cadence. Oh well! I just like that it HAS meaning and isn't just something we pulled out of a hat. Although different strokes for different folks!

... sorry, didn't mean to go on such a tangent about it. Maybe I am just working on making sure I'm sure of it.

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#242 of 255 Old 07-01-2010, 11:57 AM

lol

my reason for liking Maeryn is pretty cheesy too.

Its a beautiful name... but means bitter. So very contradicting. I love it lol

That is why I started using it as my online pseudonym 7 years ago... and I met DH as Mae. We were friends for about 3 years before he learned my real name (the first time we met in person I told him my real name. The second time we met in person, we started dating lol)

He likes it because to him its a mixture of Mae (which he knew me as) and Ryan (his name)

He doesn't quite get that Maeryn is why I was Mae to begin with!

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#243 of 255 Old 07-01-2010, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
He likes it because to him its a mixture of Mae (which he knew me as) and Ryan (his name)
I love the juxtaposition of it being beautiful but meaning bitter, and love even better that it's a combo of you two!

DP and I thought for a bit about naming DD Caitlin because it was a loose combo of our names (Kate and Lindsay).

Cheesy or no, at least it's clear (and we can tell our daughters) that a lot of thought and care went into picking their names!

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

#244 of 255 Old 07-01-2010, 12:16 PM

I love Cadence and Maeryn! How do you pronounce Maeryn? Like May-rin? or rine?

We're naming our little girl Emery Oaklynn. Emery after Emory University Hospital that did my open heart and made my little girl possible! It seems kinda cheesy to name her after a hospital but we like the name anyway! Oaklynn is a combination of our middle names.. DH's middle is Oak, mine is Lynn.

I love talking names.
#245 of 255 Old 07-01-2010, 12:18 PM

May - Rin

And yes, its cheesy to name her after a hospital... but a good cheesy!

I like cheesy.

mmmmm cheese.

...okay now I'm hungry again.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#246 of 255 Old 07-01-2010, 04:31 PM

Lisko, Caleb's adorable!

Tear, I'm really sorry to hear your news. I really, really hope something works for you soon.

Elliott hasn't passed his hearing screening for his right ear after five checks. His left ear passed on the second check. I have a congenital hearing impairment myself, so was worried about the baby's hearing before I even got pregnant. My hearing impairment is bilateral, though, so that makes me more hopeful that Elliott's trouble passing the screening is just a fluke and that his hearing is fine. He does respond to sound.

There are lots of pictures of Elliott here, if anyone wants to see.

Elated mom to Elliott (5/25/10)
#247 of 255 Old 07-01-2010, 04:43 PM

awwww!!!

#248 of 255 Old 07-01-2010, 05:15 PM

starkyld - OMG I love the pics!!! Thank you so much for sharing them with us.

AFM - back from the midwife. She said that there's often not much that can be done about this problem (which I already knew) and also said it's rare that she's seen women in as severe pain as I am in. Lucky me.

She gave me a couple of chiropractor recommendations, which I am going to follow up on. One has "advanced" training in both pediatric and pregnancy chiropractic. Fingers crossed.

Also recommended was binding my hips with a wide ACE bandage when I'm resting and/or sleeping, in addition to the support belt. She said to be in the water (i.e., pools, warm baths) as much as I'm able, since that has been the only time I've not been in pain the past month or so.

Finally, since my case is so severe, she wrote me a script for Percocet. She said to only take it when the pain is extremely severe, and that we'd start there. After my appointment, the pain was unbarable - I can hardly walk, I think from sitting on the exam table while waiting for her - so I took a half of one and am waiting to see the effects. I feel like a bad mother already. I can't believe I am drugging my little girl. But I don't know what else to do right now; all the pain can't be good for the baby, either. And... I trust my midwife. It's just a really hard thing for me to accept, taking meds while pregnant.

Thanks for any words of encouragement. I'm not a bad mama already, am I? I feel so weak.

#249 of 255 Old 07-01-2010, 05:37 PM

You should only need the pain meds until you see the chiro... like I said, that made a world of difference for me (do not expect it to be 100% better,of course, just better at all is good enough!)

and yeah... being in the water was one of my midwife suggestions too... but I have not been lucky enough to get to do so.

#250 of 255 Old 07-01-2010, 05:49 PM

Thanks, Mae. Any better will be great in my book. I am trying not to get my hopes too high, but I hope I have as good of results as you have.

... on the bright side (if there is one) I found out today I've only gained 9lbs since my first appointment at 6w1d (I'll be 27w on Monday).

SUCCESS! (So far).

#251 of 255 Old 07-01-2010, 05:55 PM

Im up 12 lbs at 29 1/2 weeks...

midwife does not do my weight checks though, neither did my doc. I refused. I just check at home and have to let them know if I suddenly gain or lose a large amount.

#252 of 255 Old 07-01-2010, 06:21 PM

OMG I feel like I haven't been here in ages; last week I was away for work and this week I have been home with DD and nary a moment to check out the BSLs. Today it is Canada Day so DH is home and I have time to check in with everyone.

Congratulations, Lisko (Caleb is gorgeous!) and Pino (beautiful Baby U!!) I am sure you are both elated and enjoying your new babes! Happy babymoons!!

Lyndzies, I like Cadence, it has been quite a name journey for you and DP. We're going through the same and I have a new fave every week, it seems, that ends up getting rejected for one reason or another. I totally get you not sharing with ppl IRL, we bounce names off of people, but I think if and when we decide, we're not announcing the name until there is a baby to go with. I am sorry to hear about the SPD, I really hope you get relief via chiro and I really don't want you to beat yourself up over the meds, I had to use something similar for a short time when I was preg with DD, I had a fibroid that was degenerating and it was torture; luckily some anti-inflammatories helped more and I didn't have to take the meds for long and you won't either once you find something that addresses the SPD itself.

YYYM, congrats on your boy! My US is scheduled for July 21st and I hope we get to find out. I am getting boy vibes, but I did with DD, too, so we could very well have another girly on our hands!

Lauren, love the pics, she is so cute!!

Starkyld, love all the Elliott pics, I hope his next tests show all is well with his hearing. When will they test again? Surely it is a good sign that he responds to sound...

Mae, love the newest wedding pics, it was so perfect and you, DH and the kidlets all looked beautiful. Glad to hear your financial hiccup is fixed, the timing of these things, eh?

Tear, I am so disappointed at the BFN. It sucks! However, I know that you will be here soon. And Enigo, too!!!

I guess I should post this in the July thread, (don't think there's one yet!) but I have been dying to catch up with everyone!! I might cut and paste if there is one today!!

AFM, waiting for the US on July 21st, hoping to find out the sex, other than that, I've had a pretty restful week off this week with DD, who has been very affectionate about the baby, it has been very sweet. I had some back pain recently but started using a body pillow at night and that has helped quite a bit. I am definitely showing and have grown out of my regular pants for sure! I have been living in skirts and I got a really comfy jersey one from a maternity clothing store, feels like pyjamas and have pretty much been living in it! So that's it, we're good around here. Apologies to anyone I have forgotten...

Mama to DD 4/06 notes2.gif  new DS stork-boy.gif born 17/12/10 familybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
#253 of 255 Old 07-02-2010, 10:44 AM - Thread Starter
LZP

starkyld- I'm going to check out those pics as soon as I finish posting this. can't wait to see your little guy!!

Lyndzies, you are NOT a bad mama. you need to take care of yourself too... not ONLY the baby. And she wants a mama who is not in excruciating pain. I think you're right- all that pain can't be good; I read something somewhere (very scientifically documented, I know!) that pain releases hormones that transfer to the baby, and he/she can sense it. not good hormones like during labor, either.
Take it easy this weekend, and see if you can locate a pool (your neighbors have one, right?). I plan to be beaching myself in the blow up pool in our back yard at least once per day. it reeeeeeeally helped my lower back to be floating a lot on vacation. It actually still feels markedly better even a whole week after!

QBear'sMama- Hi! sounds like you've been busy! looking forward to reading your gender announcement. I thought boy and ended up with a girl... my intuition is totally off. Oh- and i AM wearing pajama pants to work today! (speaking of your skirt that feels like PJs). I dont think anyone is the wiser. they're knee length, cotton/bamboo blend, and HEAVENLY soft!! though they are making me feel a little sleepy...

AFM, I'll start a July thread after I look at Starkyld's pics. the only caveat is, I'm also not-so-secretly hoping to go in July. Probably won't happen; but still, a girl can dream. I guess if that happens, whomever will be doing the August thread could just start it early...? Who is doing the August thread? not that it's that important now, but still: I'm a planner.

Also, DH is home!!! These next few weeks are going to be rough. he's away again next week and the week after, only home on weekends. I hate sleeping alone. I just DONT sleep well, and it's plaguing me that this is the last time that we'll get a good night's sleep for probably many (many) months.... not to mention, i am WAY too lazy to make anything remotely healthy for dinner when it's just me, so I resort to cereal. just NOT good for either of us. maybe this weekend I will go to the store and stock up on things to make for some of my freezer meals. then I can at least have something to do to make me tired, and perhaps even eat some of the meal that night!

OK, thats it for now. off to start July.

The babymoon isn't over! Our long awaited A born 7/18/10, making us laugh and smile every day.
#254 of 255 Old 07-02-2010, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LZP View Post
AFM, I'll start a July thread after I look at Starkyld's pics. the only caveat is, I'm also not-so-secretly hoping to go in July. Probably won't happen; but still, a girl can dream. I guess if that happens, whomever will be doing the August thread could just start it early...? Who is doing the August thread? not that it's that important now, but still: I'm a planner.
I will do August (with the hope that I wait for my birthday on Sept. 4th to have her!)

#255 of 255 Old 07-02-2010, 04:24 PM

I don't see the July thread up yet so I am going to post here!

We had our weekly ultrasound this morning and since it had been 3 weeks since they did measurements (they usually just do the biophysical), she went ahead and took measurements.

At 32 weeks, baby was measuring in at 4 lbs 13 oz.

Today at 35 weeks, baby is now measuring 7 and a half pounds!

Now... I *know* that ultrasounds can be off. My DH mentioned the 2 lb +/- at the ultrasound (when my eyes bugged outta my head!) and the tech said that they are really closer to 1 lb+/- (they're perinatalogists so I imagine they have better machines than the regular ob ones?). However, even though I *know* this, it's not stopping me from freaking out a little! I have 5 weeks left! And she gained nearly 3 lbs in 3 weeks. Even if the measurements are off, the growth is there. So even if she was originally 3 lbs and is now 6 lbs... she still gained 3 lbs in 3 weeks!!

So I'm hoping that if she *is* already 7.5 lbs, that her little lungs mature and she comes early! I am not looking forward to birthing a 10 lb baby... if she goes to 40 weeks, gaining at the rate she's gaining, she'll be 11-12 lbs! The tech said they'd do another measurement scan closer to delivery time to "make sure she's not too big to fit through the pelvis." Now I am a firm believer that my body won't grow a baby I can't birth, AND, the perinatalogists aren't even the ones who will be delivering me, so I'm not going to let them bully me into an induction or c section, but I must say.. her current weight gain gave me a shock!

So anyway, just needed to get this off my chest. Any happy thoughts for me?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page