Passing the time until baby is born...need ideas - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 06-07-2010, 02:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is my third pregnancy, and I'm SO ready to get this kid out of me! I won't bore you with a list of my discomforts, but they are more pronounced than with my other pregnancies, and I just want to be done! Still 27 days until the due date, and my other babies came "late" (2 and 8 days, respectively).

I enjoy pregnancy...for the most part...and I definitely love babies...but all I can think about at this point is NOT being pregnant any more!

PLEASE let me know if you have any ideas for passing the time until the baby is born! I am a stay-at-home mom, so every day is pretty much the same.

Thanks in advance!

Happily married for 9 years. 7 year old son, 5 year old daughter, 3 year old daughter. jumpers.gif
#2 of 15 Old 06-07-2010, 02:37 PM

How old are your other little ones?
#3 of 15 Old 06-07-2010, 02:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtoS View Post
How old are your other little ones?
They are 3 and 2. :-)

Happily married for 9 years. 7 year old son, 5 year old daughter, 3 year old daughter. jumpers.gif
#4 of 15 Old 06-07-2010, 02:43 PM

Could you make home made playdough (then put down a piece of cardboard, lay on the couch and watch them/rest while they play).

What about baking with them and making breastfeeding cookies?

Rent movies for them? And you can rest.....

Get copies of their foot prints and then do the babies foot prints ...and put them in a memory book together. (like on June 10th...all kids feet were this big...)

Can you go for a massage?
#5 of 15 Old 06-07-2010, 04:08 PM

Angela married to the love of my life Mommy to Summer Hailey and Evan
#6 of 15 Old 06-07-2010, 06:43 PM

I love visiting new, beautiful spots with my kids. Places where I can sit but they can be active. Over spring break, we visited a new playground a day (at various city parks). We've also started going to nature centers, or beaches, and even hiking (not sure if you could handle that pain-wise, but the walking would be great for you).

It's a nice way of making every day different, of getting some beauty and relaxation in your life, and of wearing out the kids before nap-time!

RedOak ~ Momma to DS (8) , DS (4) , DD (3) , & DD 9/10 ~
#7 of 15 Old 06-07-2010, 07:55 PM

Make freezer meals? Rearrange your house (with help)? Plant a garden?
Posted via Mobile Device

Weirdo Mama to amazing Aurelia, age 9 & Ember Roslyn, age 3!
#8 of 15 Old 06-07-2010, 08:22 PM

I am not sure if your children nap (mine stopped napping at 12-18 months) but if they nap....make sure to cuddle and nap with them!
#9 of 15 Old 06-07-2010, 10:31 PM

Very similar - 4th pregnancy and due almost exactly the same time. I have planned lots of activities for this month and next, hoping I can't make them all!
Some ideas (we live in a medium/large town):
Library story time and programs, ours also has pajama time on certain evenings - great when dh works late.
Local museum membership - it is both indoor and out and I can sit and watch them play
Park days arranged with various friends at least once a week, we take lunch and no clean up at home
Town wide events - most are free
town programs? we have many to choose from that are very inexpensive

If you have a group of friends put on your own 'events'. Even just 2 other moms makes a great group - us 3 have and will be doing a water day, ice cream social, tour of local fire department (easy to set-up just call and they are glad to do it and little ones love to climb on the trucks) also build a pinata or just let the little ones finger paint it.

I especially like getting together with other friends/kids as it helps me take my mind off of how I'm feeling. This was especially helpful today as I had a mild case of food poisoning and couldn't keep anything down. Sat in the shade while the kids played in the sandbox (at a park) and though I still can't eat nor feel well the kids had fun and I didn't get stressed trying to keep them out of trouble.

I'm also trying to do my first digital album of the last year and have it completed by the time this little one arrives. As well as catch up on my other kids' keepsake books
Good luck waiting on your little one!!
#10 of 15 Old 06-08-2010, 10:31 AM

I am going to a girls night (at a house, not a bar) on Wednesday. I have a midwife appt today. Dh took the boys kite flying, a picnic, swimming (ok- some cost there, but not much)..

A new movie theater opened up in town and they are doing $2 movies (today and tomorrow I think).. I was thinking of going...

I need to weed my flower garden.
Yesterday I reorganized the baby's closet and did some laundry.
We are watching (and have been for the past year or so) all the Star Trek seasons.. we TRIED to go in order originally but the library's collection is spotty.. we are on Deep Space Nine season 5 right now.

Mostly though we have been shopping.. a LOT.
#11 of 15 Old 06-08-2010, 10:36 AM

I also need to clean out and reorganize my coupon book.
#12 of 15 Old 06-08-2010, 07:16 PM

Interview a lactation consultant.
Install the diaper sprayer
Take a class on scrapbooking and premake some pages for all the baby pictures
Preaddress and stamp all the baby announcements.
#13 of 15 Old 06-09-2010, 08:59 AM

Learn to knit! I just picked it up again last night. My grandmother taught me how when I was 6 years old and I never really made anything, just learned how to make a long thing I'm determined to make a knitted dinosaur toy I found, so now I'm learning again. It's fun and it keeps my brain working a lot!
#14 of 15 Old 06-09-2010, 09:42 AM

I was also going to suggest knitting! Knittinghelp.com has great videos, but it may be better to see if your local knitting store has some help available to start you off. It's a very relaxing activity and you get to make cute baby things!

Some things I've been doing are going to an aquanatal class, swimming and yoga. Not sure how much help you have though to be able to get out and do things like that.

S, wife to M, missing my angel baby (May 2009) and just welcomed our son, D, 7 lbs 2 oz, 20.5".
#15 of 15 Old 06-10-2010, 02:26 AM - Thread Starter

THANK YOU for all the great suggestions! I will definitely be using some of them to distract myself over the next few weeks!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page