When did you feel movement with 3rd pregnancy? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-10-2010, 02:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am 17-almost 18 weeks pregnant with my third and I haven't really felt any distinct movements. I thought I felt little flutters way back around 13 or 14 weeks, but I haven't since. It seems like everyone else who is on their second or third pregnancies have felt movement early and often. Just wondering if I should be worried. My last pregnancy ended in a stillbirth at 40 weeks, so you can imagine why I'm so paranoid when it comes to movement. I just want to feel this baby move to ease my fears. My next appointment is on Monday, where I will find out if it's a boy or a girl!

Mom to a 2-year old (Josiah) and an angel baby (Jonas) in Heaven~ is in my profile~expecting my rainbow baby in November 2010!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2010, 03:56 PM

hugs momma~ I totally understand your fears. I too am pregnant with number 3. I'm not exactly sure how far along yet, but about the same as you I believe. I still haven't really felt anything either, so I have a feeling that it's nothing to worry about! I know that once Monday is here, and you see your little bean jumping around in there, you'll feel much better!!

Lee Ann ~ SAHM to Carolina(4)uc.jpg, Aurora (2)uc.jpg, and belly.gifwith #3 - due in December!
Old 06-10-2010, 06:10 PM

I felt it early (9 weeks), but there are plenty of 3rd-timer mamas who don't feel much until 20ish weeks. My guess is that your placenta is anterior, and when baby kicks you're not able to feel it through your abdominal wall. If you choose to have an ultrasound, make sure to ask where your placenta is...it will probably relieve a lot of your worries. And...anterior placenta or not, you'll probably be feeling baby very soon!

RedOak ~ Momma to DS (8) , DS (4) , DD (3) , & DD 9/10 ~
Old 06-11-2010, 12:44 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Around 15/16 weeks, I didn't feel it this time until 18ish weeks.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:06 PM

at almost 9 weeks I started feeling this little one BUT I feel my babies early. I am just really sensitive down there I guess! With DS I was not only feeling but seeing his little thumps by just after 14 weeks and DD was around 10/11 weeks when I first started feeling it.

I know other ladies who just dont feel their babies until later... even with 3rd/4th one still not feeling it by 18 weeks.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
Old 06-12-2010, 06:38 AM

I'm almost 17 weeks with my 3rd, and I've only been feeling occasional flutters every couple of days. They still feel a lot like gas and it's hard to be certain. My u/s is Tuesday, and I'm looking forward to having the regular reassurance that strong movements give me, too!

Jen, mom to DD1 10/01; DD2 6/05; DS 11/10; and 2 older cat.gif
Old 06-12-2010, 10:06 AM

add me to the list. I'm 18 weeks and only rarely feel anything, which is unusual for me (this is my fourth pregnancy). Typically I feel something pretty consistently as early as 14-15 weeks.

I'm not sure if it's an anterior placenta, or that I'm heavier this pregnancy than all the others. I know all is fine, but it's a little nerve wracking!

User Tag List