October Mamas: week of March 15 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 67 Old 03-19-2004, 01:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Food Guilt.

Yestarday we all went out to see the movie Hidalgo (Ooooooh, Viggo!) And I broke down and had a complete junk food breakdown. Popcorn, licorice, reeses pieces and sprite, no heartburn, sickness or pain either. Now I feel guilty. But it was sooooo good.

We have 9 lambs so far. 4 white, 4 black, one kind of white/gray dirt coloured lamb. No twins so far. They are so cute, scampering around! And we are at least halfway through lambing. It's tiring but so much fun!

Take care everyone!

Kathy

kathy::
#62 of 67 Old 03-19-2004, 03:33 PM

lambing sounds wonderful!!! one day i really want to go live in the country on a farm. in fact, the first thing i wanted to be, from about age 4 through age 12 was a farmer. dh would be psyched with that, it's just many years away still which is fine. we are happy here too!

there is a show on the channel "animal planet" in the morning where the show different animals giving birth (sometimes they miss the actual birth but usually they show it) - it's wonderful! this morning it was a mama and baby donkey! a couple days ago, the baby hippopotamus arrival made me cry!

welcome beansmama!

i hope everyone is feeling well today!
i'm somewhat queasy but very happy!

me dh ds1 (11/04) ds2 (7/10) and
#63 of 67 Old 03-19-2004, 03:43 PM

Flitters-
My 25mo dd loves to watch that show! She loves animals, and ever since we started talking about pregnancy and birth, she LOVES anything to do with it.

For those of you who have toddlers, have you told them about the pregnancy/baby yet? My dd knows all about it! She tells me almost every day,"There's a baby in Mommy's tummy! Baby gets bigger and bigger and bigger and then Mommy pushes the baby out through a hole in her yoni!!!" (We are planning to have her present for the birth, so we have her educated about the mechanics.)

She also wants to name the baby....last week, she said the baby's name would be 'Teeny Weeny Nutball' and this week, she is VERY VERY insistent that we name the baby River or Clementine. I have no idea where she got that! : She's only just 2, so it seems so strange to me that she would have heard those unusual names somewhere!!!

I'm feeling MUCH better, and I'm finally ready to call my m/w for my first prenatal! My m/s is pretty much gone! And my tummy is getting round.
#64 of 67 Old 03-19-2004, 07:53 PM

You know how the preggo brain works! I read the thread, think about posting but I guess maybe I haven't LOL.

My Edd is Oct.21 so it puts me right at 9 weeks. I am still fitting into all of my pants...I had a m/c in Nov. at 8 weeks and they were getting tight then but I think the difference is this time food is not my friend, LOL! I have gained a few lbs according to the scale though, I just check once and awhile at my parents house because I refuse to own one!

Amie mommy to Ember (3) and Edd Oct.21
#65 of 67 Old 03-19-2004, 09:14 PM

Is anyone else crabby? I have just been so crabby and moody these past couple of days, everyone is staying out of my way!! It is finals week though, so I am under lots of stress and trying to get papers written when I fall asleep every afternoon at one and every night at 9pm : ugh, only a few more days though...

"MY best interest?...How can YOU say what MY best interest is?...When I went to YOUR schools, I went to YOUR churches, I went to YOUR institutional learning facilities."-ST
#66 of 67 Old 03-19-2004, 10:44 PM

yIPEE!!!!!!!!!Back in Atlanta at last! We were greated with a day in the 70's and constant sunshine! What a relief after driving for 12 hours on a dreary day!

My belly feels huge! My back has been so sore! I go for a massage after my trip to the chiro. on Sat. so hopefully that will be resolved!

Miles is all clued in on the baby business. He tells me when I push the baby out he's gonna catch it! Yes catch! He came up with that one. He asks me every once in a while if I can do it right now! He's so cute. What an angel! 12 Hours in the car with just his mommy and no negativity!

Looking forward to my first pre-natal visit! I still need to find a mw! I have only one in mind so hopefully we hit it off!

Miles will be coming to every visit and totally involved (if he's into it) !

Happy Spring
#67 of 67 Old 03-20-2004, 11:32 AM

water, yes i have been very irritable the last couple of days. it's frustrating, but i know it all just goes with the hormones.

i have still been feeling pretty good....i get quesay after eating once in awhile, but other than that, i feel good. yesterday, though, i was SOOO tired, probably the most tired i have been.

we haven't told our kids yet, we will sometime.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page