Please share your later breech success stories! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-14-2010, 12:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Hi Mamas!

I am 34 weeks pregnant, and found out on Monday that my suspicions are true..baby turned breech. I could tell because my really frequent pee'ing, and the center of the hiccups, an increase in heartburn/lung compression and the kick locations, etc.

I have head knowledge that babies can and do turn up until labor, but as a VBA2C, I need to believe it! My first section (after 2 simple vag births) was scheduled due to a locked in transverse presentation (so having "position issues" is a fear) ..and then an unecessary repeat. I had a successful hospital VBA2C last June, and now I'm planning a homebirth.

My midwife has me using pulsatilla, doing all the exercises, the ball, etc. I will go see the Webster chiro here next week if needed. We know the baby still has room, but it's more limited, as he/she is measuring ahead, and my instincts say "good sized" baby.

Please share with me your success stories! My MW will deliver breech, but honestly not sure I'm 100% committed to that--yet, in the face of a c-section (version not a possibility as we are in a very VBAC ban/negative place as it is) I might just do anything!

Thanks ladies!

Blessed Christian Wife and Homeschooling Mother to 8: 17 (our 1st homeschool graduate!), 12, 11, 9, 5, 4, 2 and with blessing #9 and #10 due to arrive April 2015

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2010, 03:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
All my babies havent stuck at headdown til 34+ weeks, and interestingly they have turned later and later the more children I had. All that pre-rented stretched uterus space means they can luxuriate for longer? My latest turner was at 37 weeks.....

I know its horribly worrying though, I will send you spinning baby vibes from a fellow Mo6 and DDC'er. xxx

Mama to nine gorgeous babies, with finale #10 due April'14.
Old 07-14-2010, 06:25 PM

I am 34 weeks and 5 days. Baby #4 still seems to have enough room to do full circles. I am convinced that s/he is mostly head down because in the evening I feel the hiccups way down there. But during the day, it's all movement all the time. My midwife has scheduled an ultrasound at 37 weeks so I am going to do everything I can up until then to get this baby locked down in head first position. Lying upside down on a hill, hips in the air on a pile of pillows, handstands in the local pool, I will even get the ironing board out if necessary. I was thinking what's the point right now if the baby is still just going to turn when s/he feels like it, but everyday that goes by, the babe is getting bigger and it is going to be harder for him/her to turn down. So I guess I am going to have focus my energy on this. I will be sending my head down vibes out to you!

Island mama to DD (10), DS (5), DS (4) and DD (Aug 31 '10)
Old 07-14-2010, 06:41 PM

My 4th was breech at 37 weeks. I remember being incredibly frustrated trying to crawl around on all fours THAT late in the game, and it hurting so much. So I finally sat down and relaxed.

In between BH contractions I found the baby's head and applied a direct, firm pressure to it and didn't let up. He wiggled down. Then I moved my hand down with his head and applied more force, and he wiggled down some more. I did this very, very slowly and made sure not to reposition my hand until a BH contraction was over, and I left my hand there during the contraction. Little by little I inched him down. The entire thing took about an hour.

I had gotten him to move his head from under my ribcage all the way to between my navel and pubic bone! Then I stood up, leaned over, continued with the pressure, and he flipped.

It was the weirdest thing I've ever felt!

The US the next day confirmed he was head down, and there he remained.

User Tag List