~*~The BSL Graduate/Stalking Thread AUGUST!! ~*~ - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 130 Old 08-30-2010, 05:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
COME ON BABY MAE!!!!!! How exciting!!!!!!

AFM: I am joining ya'll here!! I am 4 weeks 4 days...and 'due' May 5th! I have had 2 s this year and am hoping and praying that this little baby sticks. I am feeling more pregnant than I did the other two times..but there is still that little doubt that creeps in during the early weeks!!!

I had beta's done...and my first beta at 13dpo was 133....and at 15dpo it was 402 I think I'm going to request to get another beta drawn around 6 or 7 weeks. Maybe 6 weeks because that is about the time my other two losses occurred (even though I didn't miscarry until 9 weeks with the first). Also my progesterone was 38.36.

DH says my boobs have doubled in size..(which they didn't do the past two times) and they are still really tender. I'm on progesterone..so it's hard for me to tell if it's just the progesterone making me feel things or not. I am pukey here and there...and more tired and sore boobs.

Any way...just wanted to pop in and join you ladies!!

Also..I have a question for you! Have any of you really struggled in deciding whether to have an early US or not? I just don't know if I should. For one..I'm not totally convinced they are safe...especially early US's....and the last time I had one they said everything was fine...and it wasn't....the baby was dying even though we had seen a heartbeat. I also had a really bad experience with the tech not being able to tell me anything even though I KNEW things were not well. I guess I just think that the US can't really tell me very much more than I already would know....for example..a few weeks after I'd get the US anyway I could hear a heartbeat by a doppler. What do you ladies think?? Is peace of mind especially after a loss worth getting a US?

Tara, mama to Addison (4/07) and brokenheart.gif 03/20/10, brokenheart.gif05/27/10, and our newest addition and  rainbow1284.gifbabygirl.gif Emerson Rae (4/27/11) uc.jpg, married to John

#122 of 130 Old 08-30-2010, 05:49 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtara2003x View Post
Also..I have a question for you! Have any of you really struggled in deciding whether to have an early US or not? I just don't know if I should. For one..I'm not totally convinced they are safe...especially early US's....and the last time I had one they said everything was fine...and it wasn't....the baby was dying even though we had seen a heartbeat. I also had a really bad experience with the tech not being able to tell me anything even though I KNEW things were not well. I guess I just think that the US can't really tell me very much more than I already would know....for example..a few weeks after I'd get the US anyway I could hear a heartbeat by a doppler. What do you ladies think?? Is peace of mind especially after a loss worth getting a US?
I didn't struggle with it at all! but I also didn't have it until 9 weeks. My loss was at 13 weeks but baby had stopped developing long before (missed miscarriage) so I start to worry at around 8/9 weeks... my doctor sent me in for a viability scan for my mental health.

I'm not convinced they are unsafe in any way as long as used properly and within reason.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#123 of 130 Old 08-30-2010, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtara2003x View Post
COME ON BABY MAE!!!!!! How exciting!!!!!!

AFM: I am joining ya'll here!! I am 4 weeks 4 days...and 'due' May 5th! I have had 2 s this year and am hoping and praying that this little baby sticks. I am feeling more pregnant than I did the other two times..but there is still that little doubt that creeps in during the early weeks!!!

I had beta's done...and my first beta at 13dpo was 133....and at 15dpo it was 402 I think I'm going to request to get another beta drawn around 6 or 7 weeks. Maybe 6 weeks because that is about the time my other two losses occurred (even though I didn't miscarry until 9 weeks with the first). Also my progesterone was 38.36.

DH says my boobs have doubled in size..(which they didn't do the past two times) and they are still really tender. I'm on progesterone..so it's hard for me to tell if it's just the progesterone making me feel things or not. I am pukey here and there...and more tired and sore boobs.

Any way...just wanted to pop in and join you ladies!!

first, Congrats Mama!! and Welcome!

On the other issue, I think the early u/s is well worth the peace of mind. I did mine mid 7 weeks, and even that wore on my nerves to wait! I think the stress of wondering is far far worse for the bean than the potential risks (I didn't know there were risks, unless it was a prolonged u/s) from the U/S IMHO. I'm also renting a doppler at around 10 weeks. I'm just uber paranoid I guess, but it makes me feel better and less stressed and I figure that's better for the babies H&H 9 months mama!

Wife (32) of 8 years to DH (33), Mom to Logan geek.gif (7), and Tristan and Cael, twins.gif the wee ones, born 3/18/11! And OMW a surprise babyf.gif due 2/2013!
#124 of 130 Old 09-02-2010, 04:32 PM

Jeeze you guys are on page 3! What's going on?
Anyway figured I'd do a drive by before you guys forget me.
...I'm getting positive OPK's at 9dpo, but still neg HPT's and starting to get my hopes up. Drat! I swore I'd stop doing that!
Help me!

Me jammin.gif DH  REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifDS 06/06 superhero.gif ...MC 2/9 11/9 5/10
#125 of 130 Old 09-02-2010, 06:07 PM - Thread Starter

UH

we need a september thread...

anyone wanna run it?

as for me, Earl is headed this way and Im still pregnant. Thats all my news.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#126 of 130 Old 09-02-2010, 09:06 PM

Mae, I can run it as long as it's not something I need to update daily - sometimes work sucks the life out of me.

And yes, Earl is on it's way here (I live south of cape cod). My husband's idea of "storm prep" was buying surfboard wax and a case of beer. I don't know how close you are to the coast, we're on the coast literally but people here are salty and refuse to get out of the way of storms... I just get annoyed at the idea of losing internet access for a few days.

Tara - I found out in feb that our baby had died, during my 12 week US - it had passed a week or so earlier. I was a wreck and normally don't do early USs (I do the 12 week nuchal because I'm on the elderly spectrum) but this time I did one at 7 weeks and then one at 10 weeks when my MW couldn't find the HB on doppler. I don't regret, it was either that or valium, seriously, I have anxiety issues anyways so I was (still am sometimes) a wreck. I bought a doppler too just last week so I check in. You do what you need to do to keep yourself sane and healthy, and it's not healthy to have anxiety attacks and lose sleep over worrying about your baby. Congrats again by the way!

enigo - I saw your posts on the BSL thread - for you. at 8 dpo I did not have sore boobs at all, actully I felt great - better than normal at 8dpo - the cycle I got my BFP.

Michelle ~
Mama to ~ Finnegan(10/06) ~ Samuel (7/08) ~ Henry (2/11) ~ He's here! joy.gif Baxter (11/12)

#127 of 130 Old 09-02-2010, 09:24 PM - Thread Starter

Im about 4 miles from the shore... 6 miles from Bogue Inlet which is the bottom edge of the north carolina hurricane warning... i have tropical storm warning here.

Our prep was buying me enough water to get through if the flooding makes water unsafe... and me pulling my car up close enough to the house to pin the garbage can against it so we dont lose it and I dont have to smell it in the house LOL

And no its not a daily update thing or anything

#128 of 130 Old 09-02-2010, 09:26 PM

OK then I can do it. What do I do? Just start a new one with the front page cut and pasted?

Michelle ~
Mama to ~ Finnegan(10/06) ~ Samuel (7/08) ~ Henry (2/11) ~ He's here! joy.gif Baxter (11/12)

#129 of 130 Old 09-02-2010, 09:29 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnegansmom View Post
OK then I can do it. What do I do? Just start a new one with the front page cut and pasted?
yep! and make sure to add new people if necessary. I sucked at running the thread...

#130 of 130 Old 09-02-2010, 09:42 PM

nevermind figured it out!

new month is up!

Michelle ~

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page