~*~The BSL Graduate/Stalking Thread AUGUST!! ~*~ - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 130 Old 08-04-2010, 07:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome to the AUGUST Thread Mamas!!
Looking forward to adding some of our BSLs to the list over here this month!

This is a spinoff of the Bitter Sushi Ladies Thread over on the TTC board. Some of us have very happily made it to the "other side" and we want to be able to keep track of each other.

Our fellow BSL's that are still on their TTC journey like to check up on us from time to time too - which we really appreciate - since they continue to be in the midst of a sometimes brutal and just "NOT FAIR" TTC journey...

~Our August Baby!~
Congrats to colorbywords and Welcome Baby Emery Oaklynn
Born on August 3rd at 8:46 PM, 8 lbs 11 oz 20.5 inches long

~Our July Baby!~
Congrats to LZP and Welcome Baby Anna Veronica
Born at 36 weeks on July 18th at 4:04 AM, 7 lbs 2 oz 17.5 inches long

~Our June Babies!~

Congrats to Pinoikoi and Welcome Baby Ursula Marisol
Born on June 23rd at 6:40 AM 8 lbs 10 oz, 21 inches long

Congrats to Lisko15 and Welcome Baby Caleb Benjamin
Born on June 24th at 7:36PM 9 lbs 1 oz, 22 inches long

~Our May Babies!~

Congrats to Jelinifer and Welcome Baby Finnegan Hubert
Born on May 1st, 8 lbs 10 oz, 21 1/2 inches long

Congrats to jillc512 and Welcome Baby Albert Boaz
Born at home on May 4th at 3:29 pm, 8 lbs 11 oz, 20 3/4 inches long
Congrats to Starkyld and Welcome Baby Elliott Marlowe
Born at home May 25th at 9:24AM, 9lbs 8 oz 21 inches long

*~Our February Baby~*
Congrats to Lauren31 Adelynn Ruby
Born February 7th at 10:40PM, 7 lbs 12 oz, 20 1/2 inches long

And the rest of us... still waiting...

MaerynPearl - TTC #3 (or #1) for 7 cycles over 2 years, due 9/14/10 .
Lyndzies - TTC #1 for 10 months, due 10/4/10 .
Carlyle - TTC #2 after a loss, due 10/10.
MommyNicoleTX - TTC #3 for two years, two losses, due 10/10/10.
YummyYumYumMama - TTC #2 for 1 year, due 11/22/10.
KellyTTC#1 - TTC #1 for 3 years, BFP after IVF, due 12/03/10 with .
Qbear'smama - TTC #2, due 12/15/10.
jessica_s- TTC#2 for 19 mos, 3 losses, due 1/22/2011
Finnegansmom- TTC #3 for 11 mos, due 2/8/2011
Nannette56- TTC #2 after loss, due 4/2011

Our thoughts are with
Nanette56 ~ February 2010 ~
Enigo ~ April 2010 ~
kalamos23 ~ July 2010 ~
We hope to have you back with us very, very soon.

As always, we are sending a whole lot of to you Ladies over on BSL Proper.
PLEASE GET OVER HERE to keep us company!!!!!

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#2 of 130 Old 08-04-2010, 07:30 PM - Thread Starter

Big news from July thread (and Im sorry for forgetting to start the new one until now!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorbywords View Post
She's here!!! Last night at 8:46 Emery Oaklynn was born! She weighed 8 lb and 11 oz and is 20.5 inches long! Birth plan was totally thrown out the window due to some complications but we're at peace and happy now! Just waiting on a blood culture to make sure she's really ok! I'm doing fine, just healing from second degree tear.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#3 of 130 Old 08-05-2010, 08:33 AM

CBW Congrats mama!!! and welcome little Emery!!! I know you're busy with your little bundle of joy now, but when you have time, I'm dying to hear the details!!!

Mae I didn't check it out yet, but does that website have formal maternity dresses too? I have THREE weddings to attend in September and October (Think I can get away with wearing the same dress??)

AFM. I just need to STOP googling IVF betas. So I read this study
http://www.springerlink.com/content/k367861863h25103/
(it's like 2 paragraphs) but what I'm getting from it is this.
In IVF procedures, betas are a little lower than in natural pregnancies because they're putting the embryo in later, so it takes longer for HCG to build up. With me so far?

Well this study of 111 women says that at 14 days post ET (embryo transfer) a beta HCG level of over 600 resulted in a 100% MULTIPLE pregnancy rate. My HCG level at 14 days post ET (yesterday) was 930. I can't have read this right. Other than heartburn after meals, and very mild bouts of nausea when I get hungry, I'm feeling NOTHING. Shouldn't I be feeling something? I'll be 5 weeks tomorrow. Any opinions here? I don't know anyone that's done IVF, so can't ask about symptoms, but should I assume that they will also be later than people who got pregnant naturally because the hormones take a little longer to build up? You KNOW I'm completely (And probably irrationally) paranoid after the February loss. Thanks for putting up with me girls

Wife (32) of 8 years to DH (33), Mom to Logan geek.gif (7), and Tristan and Cael, twins.gif the wee ones, born 3/18/11! And OMW a surprise babyf.gif due 2/2013!
#4 of 130 Old 08-05-2010, 09:39 AM

CBW - Welcome little BSL baby Emery!!

Nanette - I don't recall feeling much of anything at 5 weeks. I think maybe a little cramping (different from AF) and besides that just terror at the thought of losing another one. Actually I'm 16 weeks tomorrow and I'm still really worried to hear the heartbeat today and that everything is going well. Despite the fact that I'm starting to show and someone told me I was waddling yesterday!! I took it as a complement.
When do you get to do a sono and find out more about who's in there!?

Jessica, wife to Greg since 7/04, mama to the rainbow1284.gif Gman 7/06, 3 brokenheart.gif , rainbow1284.gif Asher 1/11 and a wonderful surprise due in August!

#5 of 130 Old 08-05-2010, 11:34 AM

Thanks Jessica! That makes me feel a whole lot better. I was just so freakin' sick with DS that I don't understand why I'm not feeling anything yet! You get to see your little bean today??? That's so cool- come back and update. My sono is not until week 7! I'll be stressin' until then I'm sure. Debating on whether I should call my midwife yet or wait.

Wife (32) of 8 years to DH (33), Mom to Logan geek.gif (7), and Tristan and Cael, twins.gif the wee ones, born 3/18/11! And OMW a surprise babyf.gif due 2/2013!
#6 of 130 Old 08-05-2010, 02:36 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanette56 View Post
Mae I didn't check it out yet, but does that website have formal maternity dresses too? I have THREE weddings to attend in September and October (Think I can get away with wearing the same dress??)

Well this study of 111 women says that at 14 days post ET (embryo transfer) a beta HCG level of over 600 resulted in a 100% MULTIPLE pregnancy rate. My HCG level at 14 days post ET (yesterday) was 930. I can't have read this right. Other than heartburn after meals, and very mild bouts of nausea when I get hungry, I'm feeling NOTHING. Shouldn't I be feeling something? I'll be 5 weeks tomorrow. Any opinions here? I don't know anyone that's done IVF, so can't ask about symptoms, but should I assume that they will also be later than people who got pregnant naturally because the hormones take a little longer to build up? You KNOW I'm completely (And probably irrationally) paranoid after the February loss. Thanks for putting up with me girls
First, about the dresses... yes, they have very nice formal maternity dresses there too.

Second, my cousin (who had natural fraternal twins last year) did not even know she was pregnant until she was about 8-9 weeks along and suddenly got SO sick she couldnt keep anything down. HOWEVER, with my family history, that was not a sign that she was having twins, just a sign she was pregnant. I was the same with my son.

Every pregnancy is different, even multiples, you could get lucky and be one of those multi-mommies without a bit of morning sickness. Wont ease your worries, no, but it makes day-to-day life a lot easier!

#7 of 130 Old 08-05-2010, 03:18 PM

Mae Thanks for the August thread! Eeek, I can't believe you're next!

CBW - Welcome to the world, Emery! Enjoy your babymoon, lady!

Nanette56 - Those stats (and you numbers) are crazy! I can't wait to find out if there's one or two! P.S. I had pretty high betas, yet didn't really start feeling any symptoms worth writing home about till 6.5 weeks or so.

AFM - Here's one of the shots from DP and my first shower. It's making me really excited for our photo shoot and my belly painting!

Hoping to edit and post more shots from the shower on my blog by week's end.

P.S. DP and I both got "corsages" made by MIL. They were made out of silk flowers and baby socks! The cute things she crafted for the shower were over-the-top (and awesome).

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

#8 of 130 Old 08-05-2010, 03:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndzies View Post
Mae Thanks for the August thread! Eeek, I can't believe you're next!
I know, right?

#9 of 130 Old 08-05-2010, 04:01 PM

Oh good... a new thread, I can start over! There just isn't time these days for good posts full of nice personals. I told DH today that most of the time I feel like a chicken with my head cut off, between Caleb, DD, working at home, taking care of the home, as well as other outside the house things we do every week...

Well, Caleb is sleeping currently. He really is a tricky napper. If he doesn't get GOOD deep sleep during the day, he just goes way downhill by evening. He will cat nap no problem in your arms all day - but that doesn't really make him feel better, and he just winds "up" rather than down. He does sleep wonderfully at night, so I really shouldn't complain!

Colorbywords - Congrats and welcome to baby Emery! Hope that all is well and you enjoy your babymoon!

Nanette - (Maybe I already congratulated you, my brain is mush.) Well, two for the price of one is good when you've gone the IVF route, at least that's my opinion. As for m/s mine doesn't really start until 6 weeks, and then just barely, and PEAKS around 8. So try not to get too worried... (easy for me to say, I know)

MaerynPearl - You're IT! I can't believe how fast time is going since DS was born. There is an April DDC already! It will seem way strange when the June DDC pops up....

LZP - Hope all is well with Anna!

to everyone else that I missed. Hope all is well with the babies and the baby-tummies.

Caleb is smiling and trying to "talk". It is the cutest thing, but I cannot capture it in a photo, because he will NOT smile at me with the camera in front of my face. I need to get someone else to take the picture...

I think I hear some baby noise on the monitor... better go for now...

Lis ~ Married to my favorite boy partners.gif and raising "our" three ~
DS 14 (hisjammin.gif ~ DD 9 (mineloveeyes.gif ~ toddlerDS 2! (ours) bouncy.gif

#10 of 130 Old 08-05-2010, 04:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisko15 View Post
Caleb is smiling and trying to "talk". It is the cutest thing, but I cannot capture it in a photo, because he will NOT smile at me with the camera in front of my face. I need to get someone else to take the picture...
What I had to do with DS when he first started smiling was aim the camera with my arms stable (like against my legs) and the pull my head out and make him smile, then shoot the picture without looking. Took a few tries to get it framed right but ended up with http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._6113768_n.jpg

(my babies smile very early... he was only 4 1/2 weeks old there! DD smiled in the delivery room and DD2 smiled on the 4d ultrasound!)

#11 of 130 Old 08-05-2010, 04:23 PM

Oh my gosh, Mae, DS's hair in that pic is the BEST!!!!!

Caleb has lost all of the little hair he was born with. He's pretty shiny bald at this point (and probably will be for a good 6 months!)

#12 of 130 Old 08-05-2010, 04:37 PM - Thread Starter

DS and DD both had full heads of thick dark hair, his always stood up, hers always laid down perfectly until she got older and then it was EVERYWHERE lol

Mae already has a head full of hair, cant wait to see what color it is! Her daddy was a blonde little boy and I was born with black hair, but my brother (who shares both parents with me) was also blonde! So its just a matter of waiting a few weeks to see!

#13 of 130 Old 08-05-2010, 04:49 PM

http://www.uddercovers.com/

Is giving away free nursing covers again for two more days... just type in "Breastfeeding" for the code. You do have to pay $9.95 in shipping... but that's not terrible. I didn't order one last time, but this time I decided to.

I ordered Carson, and can't wait to get mine!

Mae - Caleb will be blonde as a baby and a little kid... after that I'm not sure. My hair is wavy, frizzy and crazy (as is DD's), DH's is/was thin and straight (well, at this point its just mostly all missing). DD's hair is way darker than we thought it would be... she'll most likely be a brunette as an adult with some nice golden highlights. Its so fun to wonder what they'll look like as they grow!

I'm very curious to see if Caleb's eyes stay blue!!!! (And I am relieved that I won't have to brush and style anymore little girl tangled long hair.)

#14 of 130 Old 08-05-2010, 05:02 PM - Thread Starter

I always thought those were just silly...

but Im going to get one anyway lol. If I dont like it, I know other breastfeeding moms I could pass it off to.

#15 of 130 Old 08-05-2010, 05:20 PM

Ok, Mae and Lisko, you two are on my sh$% list. I just promised myself I would spend no more money this week, and here I am buying udder covers ($9.95 is too good to pass up, they've come a long way with this stuff since I had DS 6 years ago!) and formal maternity dresses and it's all your fault!

Check out the dress:

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e1...inerhines1.jpg

#16 of 130 Old 08-05-2010, 05:38 PM - Thread Starter

Gorgeous! Not too different from my wedding dress (except it was white and had a floral lace over it)

was so very beautiful!

Did have an odd tulle thing on the bottom edge of the underskirt that made me look like I had odd lumpy legs... but I was able to remove that myself.

#17 of 130 Old 08-05-2010, 08:06 PM

We heard the heartbeat again today.... I think I'm actually starting to relax. Wasn't so nervous at this appointment. Heartbeat was in the high 150s low 160s and all the tests from last time came up fine and normal. I like normal.

Nanette, we don't get to see this little one again till 20 weeks (4 more weeks!!). I'm actually going to make the appointment soon since I got the referral today. I can make it for Sept 1st or later so that's actually pretty exciting. We'll find out the sex if baby cooperates, I'm ready to start buying and selling some baby stuff!!

Jessica, wife to Greg since 7/04, mama to the rainbow1284.gif Gman 7/06, 3 brokenheart.gif , rainbow1284.gif Asher 1/11 and a wonderful surprise due in August!

#18 of 130 Old 08-06-2010, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Gorgeous! I am still looking, I think I found one at JCrew, but not sure how much alteration it needs, but I know a woman who said she can alter it for the belly:

http://www.jcrew.com/wedding/Wedding...6061/96061.jsp (in champagne, not pink!)

It's plain but I really think it is perfect for our tiny wedding...

CBW, congrats and welcome, baby Emery!!

Mama to DD 4/06 notes2.gif  new DS stork-boy.gif born 17/12/10 familybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
#19 of 130 Old 08-06-2010, 02:18 PM

OK I'm really far behind... had to go back to the July thread to catch up.

Congrats CBW!!

I also really enjoyed all the photos everyone has shared... cute babies all around.. thanks Lis, Liz, Jelinifer & Lauren! I hope I didn't forget anyone in the list but I looked at them all...

Nanette: congrats! I did IVF and am expecting twins but didn't experience any early symptoms (I think it was at least until about 7-8 weeks)... so not to worry. I think the time it takes for the beta to double can also help to predict if it you are expecting multiples. You'll get to see if there is one or two at the first ultrasound (my DH never doubted for a minute it was twins). Good luck!

As for me, I'm feeling well. I have grown exponentially over the past couple of weeks. I went from gaining 2 lbs by 13 weeks to a total of 25 lbs by week 23 with 9 lbs over 2 weeks (weeks 21 & 22) and then slowing down again. I was a little concerned about how I could possibly keep growing at the same rate but the past 2 weeks things have slowed down again a bit. I go for my next OB and ultrasound appt on Tuesday, I'm excited to see the progress. As of the last appointment the girls were growing like singletons so I'm interested in seeing if that has continued over the past 5 weeks!

Mae & Lyndzies you are up next so all eyes on you!!

2twins.gif Twin Girls on November 11, 2010
#20 of 130 Old 08-06-2010, 02:29 PM - Thread Starter

September had their first baby! Jrene (whom some of you may remember from the TTC boards) had pre-e and gave birth to her little boy this morning. She was due 9/08 and had him 8/06 so that isnt too bad!

#21 of 130 Old 08-06-2010, 11:50 PM

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone! We're finally home today though I got discharged yesterday, we got to stay to nest with Emery. She's currently being snuggled by grandma so I have a minute to give the short version!

My contractions started after my ob appointment Monday afternoon. By 6pm I was pretty sure they weren't the same prodromal stuff. By 9 pm put our parents on alert. I tried to get some sleep but was completely unable to lie down. We ended up going to Walmart to get some last minute things. When we were there, my contractions changed to erratic timings, anywhere from 2-5 minutes apart and they worried DH so even though our plan had been to stay home as long as possible, we went to the hospital at 2am. I was only at a 3 at that time so they made me walk, though I had to stop every 30 seconds for a contraction. After about 2 hours of walking and close together contractions, I was still only a 4.5 but in major pain. My plan had been natural childbirth but I was having serious back labor and was not coping well. I got some demoral and decided I wanted an epidural so they admitted me. Labored with the demoral for quite a while still in intense pain while anestiology took its sweet time. I finally got the epidural at 8:30 and things naturally slowed down. The epi didn't take fully and I could still feel the contractions in my right hip and back so they kept flipping me trying to get it to hit the spot but it never did. When they checked me at 9 after getting the epi, I was at a 6 (which if they had checked me BEFORE the epi, I may have changed my mind, but whatever). At 2, I was only a 7 and very disheartened. Midwife broke my water and said my contractions needed to get closer together to finish the job and that if they didn't get closer together, she was going to start pitocin. Well the nurse translated that to, start pitocin. She was really annoyed with me when I said I wanted to wait to see if my water breaking would get the contractions going and set the pitocin up but didn't give it to me. I stopped pressing the epi button and worked through the contractions and shifted my hips in bed walking style to get the contractions going and it worked! Contractions became 2 min apart again and very intense. Finally got a great nurse who helped me turn and lay on my belly to get the baby to turn. She also thought she may have seen meconium (not present at water breaking) and told the new nurse when they switched. At 6 I started feeling a lot of pressure (was still pretty numb from the epi in my legs but could feel all my contractions at this point). New nurse checked me and I was complete, and there was a lot of dark green meconium but the midwife was delivering someone else so I had to wait. She said she was going to let midwife know about meconium. So I waited. and waited. and waited... while baby was sitting in her meconium... for an hour and a half, at 10! I kept telling them that my body was pushing her out without me and they needed to hurry. Midwife finally comes in to deliver and discovers the meconium, and is annoyed because apparently new nurse never told her. So anyway, I was right, baby is RIGHT there, 3 contractions later she's out, whisked off by neonatal immediately (byebye skin to skin) to be suctioned before she breathes. My support group follows to the other side of the room and I effectively can't even see my baby. While neonatal works I deliver the placenta (covered in green) and get stitched up, waiting for my baby to cry. Finally she does and they bring her over to me all swaddled up (very annoying but the least of my concerns at that point). I get to snuggle and feed for awhile before nursery comes to weigh her and such. Then they discover that baby is breathing very fast and has a temp (I had one also during labor) of 101. So they whisk her off again, out of the room this time, for blood work. They discover she has elevated white blood cell count and start her on 3 days of antibiotics while they do a blood culture. Blood culture eventually came out negative. They didn't keep her in NICU and so she got to stay with us mostly, but she got taken frequently for blood draws. Then just before she's even 24 hours old, they discover she's slightly jaundiced and so we spend the next 12 hours having to keep her under the phototherapy lights except for feedings, which did not make for a happy baby or a happy mommy. At this point I started breaking down, wondering what other things could possibly be wrong with my baby (we didn't have the blood culture back yet so was still worried about that then too, along with the possibility of pneumonia from the meconium). We survive and in the morning her bilirubin levels had lowered and we only had to do a little more light therapy. I get discharged but baby has to stay for another day to finish her antibiotics. Just before she got her LAST DOSE, her IV messed up and they had to set up another one so she got taken away again and pricked again. But now we're home... baby is perfectly fine though we're supposed to sit in a window with her some to keep her levels down. And now we get to bond and babymoon appropriately. We're so in love and very grateful that despite all the possibilities and interventions on behalf of the doctors she is home and is perfectly healthy.

If we're able to have more children, we'll be using a different ob/midwife and a different hospital (I'm high risk and won't be able to use a birth cottage or home birth).

Sorry if this is disjointed, slightly sleep deprived and listening for my baby's cry. I probably forgot something too but that was the general gist of it! I am handling it much better now that we're snug at home and nobody can take her away from me.
#22 of 130 Old 08-08-2010, 09:40 PM

Bumping!

CBW - I was sorry to read that you didn't get the experience you were hoping for, but so glad that you're happily home with your babe in the end. I hope things are still going well during your babymoon!

Mae I cannot BELIEVE that the first September baby is here! Eeep!

KellyTTC - I wanna see belly pics.

Qbear'smama - purty dress! I really like it!

jessica - Isn't it just the greatest sound? I looked forward to each appointment and the heartbeat for so long. I mean, I still like hearing it, but for the first 24 weeks or so, it gave me so much peace of mind every time. I guess I finally "really" relaxed when I started feeling consistent movement...

lisko15 - Baby talk!!! That is so sweet. I'll cross my fingers for you that the eyes stay blue (we're hoping for blue, too... our donor has brown, but both DP and I have blue. Seems silly, but we'd really like our babe to have the same color eyes as us).

Nanette - How you feelin', mama? Any symptoms creeping in yet?

AFM - I feel like I've been getting TONS done lately. I guess I got another burst of energy? I washed all of Cadence's clothes, blankies, etc. and got them put away in their proper places. That felt like a HUGE accomplishment. Nursery grand reveal is coming up soon, but I wanted to share some pics of the crib bedding set I made for our little girl!

When you can't get bedding in your colors and can't even FATHOM spending $350+ for a custom set, you just gotta DIY!

Also, I blogged about and posted photos from our first shower. It was so wonderful, and we feel so lucky to have such amazing family and friends. Next one is in Buffalo in just under two weeks. Not looking forward to the 7 hour drive, but really looking forward to seeing my side of the fam.

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

#23 of 130 Old 08-09-2010, 03:19 PM
rcr

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi former BSLs:

I am happy happy happy to join you and finally leave the BSL list. I was gone for a month cleaning out my mom's house out of state (she moved into assisted living last March), and while I was there I got a BFP. I was actually going to do an iui this month, but I did not make it back home from my mom's house in time, and then I got a BFP the natural way while I was up there (well as natural as popping dozens of pills can be ). It was the first time I had not POAS starting at something like 6 dpo in over a year - I did not have any tests with me and was not even thinking about it with all the work I had to do. Then, I realized what day it was, and that I was supposed to start AF about four days before that, so I ran to the store for a FRER test and got a huge beautiful BFP within a minute of testing!!

I keep feeling crampy and am terrified of a miscarriage, so please send sticky baby wishes my way. Actually, I don't feel pregnant at all - I feel like AF could come any minute now.

I think I am due April 11th.

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#24 of 130 Old 08-09-2010, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcr View Post
I keep feeling crampy and am terrified of a miscarriage, so please send sticky baby wishes my way. Actually, I don't feel pregnant at all - I feel like AF could come any minute now.
that is EXACTLY how I felt for the first 8 weeks or so (and I'm still going strong at 32 weeks!). Sticky baby dust your way, and so glad to see you over here!!!

#25 of 130 Old 08-09-2010, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcr View Post

I think I am due April 11th.
Well, April 11th is my birthday so I already think your baby is extra-awesome!! Stick, lil Aries, stick!!!

Mama to DD 4/06 notes2.gif  new DS stork-boy.gif born 17/12/10 familybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
#26 of 130 Old 08-09-2010, 04:21 PM - Thread Starter

RCR 15dpo I felt crampy so much, so very much more than I do pre-af even, that I took my poor 4 1/2 year old DD out in below zero weather, 15 miles away to the nearest WalMart to buy myself a First Response Gold digital, a pack of FRERs and a pack of other tests... because I was SO convinced my other lines had to be false and I was indeed not pregnant.

However, as we see, I was indeed pregnant!

The cramping is your uterus going... OMG OMG OMG IM PREGNANT!!!!

Or at least, that's the laymen version of what is going on in there biologically lol. Its probably going to cramp for several more weeks and possibly off and on for the entire pregnancy.

AFM ow ow ow. yeah. Staying home until this girl comes I think. Well, no, I say that but I really REALLY want to go to the ocean at least one more time...

But I went to register the kids for school and walking from my car to the office (seriously NOT a long walk) and back, even with sitting in between to fill out the forms, is enough to make me say you know what? We are having frozen pizza for supper because I am not standing long enough to make the homemade chicken ranchero on croissant crust that I was planning on.

Maybe tomorrow.

But tonight mommy is going to sit and sit and sit and then maybe take a long warm bath even though she already took two shower today

Its sooo hot and sticky! Sometimes it SUCKS to be so hormonal (never sucks to be pregnant, just to be hormonal! Or to have SPD... but don't get me wrong I am never ever ungrateful I am finally pregnant!) because if I stay in my 78 degree central air home it seems chilly but if I go outside into the 100 degree plus heat index I am dying almost immediately and coming back inside feels good.

If I could get around better I would probably walk outside for a few moments every hour or two... I bet that would keep my body regulated!

#27 of 130 Old 08-09-2010, 11:50 PM

Hi all!

Congratulations, CBW! Sounds like an exciting postpartum period. Hopefully the next few weeks will be really boring!

rcr, congrats on the bfp! Your symptoms def. sound familiar -- I always swore I was pg when I wasn't and felt AF was surely coming when I was pg.

AFM - we had an exciting (in a bad way) few days about two weeks ago. Kids in two of the four families in our homeschool playgroup tested positive for whooping cough. Almost simultaneously, Albert came down with a runny nose (which is how whooping cough starts). I freaked out a little (ok, a lot) and took him in to get tested. I read everything I could find on treating WC on the Health and Healing forums, felt better, and then got the results the next day (they were negative).

My older DS had WC when he was little, but he was older (10-11 months), and not in the real "danger zone". He coughed and coughed (and coughed!) for several weeks, but never turned blue or threw up or seemed to have any trouble catching his breath after a spell.

We don't vaccinate, and neither do any of the other families, and I would have been really mad if I would have had to hear about how we exposed our children to this "preventable" disease. (I mean, beside the fact that we would have had a possibly very sick 3mo.)

Jill, wife to J, mama to O (10/03), MK (7/05), angel1.gif(7/09), A (5/4/10), and ***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***stork-suprise.gif** 

#28 of 130 Old 08-10-2010, 11:27 AM

CBW I'm so sorry that the birth plan didn't work out the way you expected, and that they were such jerks at the hospital. I hope that you're having a ton of fun on your babymoon though, and also that you'll be posting some pics of the lo soon!

Lyndzies The pictures are so cute! And I cannot believe you made the crib bedding by yourself! Oh that I had some kind of sewing talent! Alas, all I can do is knit :/ I also see that her little closet is filling up with clothes fast- better watch out or she'll be sneakin' into yours!

RCR congrats! I'm due April 8!! How cool is that?? I don't feel pregnant either. I keep telling myself that with DS I didn't get MS until 7 weeks, so I just need to chill out and think positive thoughts

Mae That due date is fast approaching lady!! I can't believe those 9 months went by so fast!

AFM: Met with my midwife for the first time yesterday and I LOVED her! She is absolutely amazing, and I am looking forward to working with her. My first "real" appointment with her is on August 31, which is just after my August 24 sonogram. On the pregnancy side of things, I'm not feelin' much of anything. I'm 5 weeks 4 days now. At night I get a little queasy, but I feel sometimes like I'm imagining it. Some food aversions now too, but no MS yet. The only TRUE symptom I can call a symptom is the complete and utter exhaustion I feel when I get home from work. Feels like a truck hit me. I am asleep by 8pm every night! It's kinda ridiculous. Hopefully the MS will kick in next week and I'll feel better about the pregnancy, the whole no symptoms thing makes me nervous

#29 of 130 Old 08-10-2010, 11:47 AM

Quote:
The pictures are so cute! And I cannot believe you made the crib bedding by yourself! Oh that I had some kind of sewing talent! Alas, all I can do is knit :/ I also see that her little closet is filling up with clothes fast- better watch out or she'll be sneakin' into yours!
FWIW, I wish I could knit!

And, luckily there's still 3 drawers empty in her 9 drawer dresser. Hopefully enough room between that and a bit more closet space to contain the fruits of the next shower.

So glad your MW meeting went well, and can't wait to hear about the first "real" appointment! Try not to fret about the lack of symptoms. At the point you are, my only symptoms were feeling like AF was around the corner, and food aversions. Serious aversions and nausea kicked in around 6.5 weeks.

SOSOSOSO happy you're here, mama!

#30 of 130 Old 08-10-2010, 01:24 PM - Thread Starter

35 weeks today...

As of Friday I am cleared for homebirth (midwife is comfortable with 35 1/2 weeks or later, since I know 100% for sure my dates are right)

Mae just got done with a very long growth spurt. I thought she just ran out of room and I was only feeling squirms not kicks. Oh... no... I was wrong. She has enough room to freak out in there still lol. Woke me up doing a little dance this morning!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page