What's the EARLIEST you can feel movement? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-18-2004, 03:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Because I swear I feel....something. I am in my eleventh week, and everything I read says I shouldn't feel anything for a few weeks, and if you think you do, it's probably "just gas." :

When I was pregnant with #1, I also felt early movement, at around 13-14 weeks.

I don't feel *kicks*...just light movement, esp. when I am lying down quietly.

Am I insane?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2004, 04:28 PM

Of course not!!!
I myself have "felt" things that were not gas but like little "flutters" in my lower belly,right where the uterus is with all of my past pregnancies. I'm 6 weeks now, I'm sure I'll start feeling things within a few more weeks too!!!

HTH,
~Rachel
Old 03-18-2004, 05:39 PM

With this pregnancy I think I felt movement at 9-10 weeks. Having had several pregnancies, births and abortions I am pretty well aware of that area of the body and was positive I was feeling fetal movement, no matter what "they" say. It was a scratchy, scrabbly feeling that is unmistakable.
Old 03-18-2004, 05:50 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I started feeling movement this time at 13 weeks.
Old 03-18-2004, 07:05 PM

Oh, those pregnancy "experts" are always so dogmatic. Ever notice that a lot of the people who insist that certain things are impossible are men?

I felt real pokes at around 13 weeks and I know I had been feeling little squirrely flutters for at least a week or two before that. I'm 17 weeks now and I can actually feel movement with my hand on the outside of my belly now. It's hard for me to imagine that some haven't even felt quickening yet at 17 weeks!
Old 03-18-2004, 08:33 PM

Yep, me too. Last time I started feeling things around 12 weeks and no one believed me : but then they were the exact same feelings I felt later on stronger. So there ya go. I'm looking forward to feeling this one too in a couple of weeks!

"MY best interest?...How can YOU say what MY best interest is?...When I went to YOUR schools, I went to YOUR churches, I went to YOUR institutional learning facilities."-ST
Old 03-18-2004, 09:37 PM

When pregnant with DS I told my doctor at the time (and yes he's a man) that I felt movement at 14 weeks. I felt little kicks when I was lying down or sitting very still. He told me that it was impossible. I knew he was wrong. It wasn't long after that that he was no longer my doctor.

I dont think I've felt anything yet with this pregnancy but I'm only 11 weeks. I've heard that with subsequent pregnancies women can feel movement earlier because they know what to look for. I know I can't wait.
Old 03-18-2004, 10:37 PM

When I was about 14 weeks along, this little one kicked my older child as I was resting her on my "shelf", trying to put her to sleep. He seemed to be saying, "get off of me!!!".
Old 03-18-2004, 10:44 PM

I am also at eleven weeks, and I'm feeling something, that's for sure.
Old 03-18-2004, 11:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by mirthfulmum
When pregnant with DS I told my doctor at the time (and yes he's a man) that I felt movement at 14 weeks. I felt little kicks when I was lying down or sitting very still. He told me that it was impossible. I knew he was wrong. It wasn't long after that that he was no longer my doctor.
Me too! With my first pregnancy, I excitedly told my NP I had felt movement. "It's a little early for that. Pretty soon." she said. I was like ! I had felt a KICK by that point, not just flutters.

I fired her 2 weeks later. She was like that about everything. :
Old 03-18-2004, 11:56 PM

I definitely felt movement at 11 weeks (also when lying quietly). I didn't even really believe it myself. . . but it continued and continued and got stronger and stronger. I think it was around 15 or 16 weeks when I really *knew* that what I'd been feeling was indeed movement of one baby or the other.

Of course, these days I feel a baby moving around in there every once in a while, but I *know* it's just gas. Gotta love that phantom baby .

Lex

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 5, 6, 8, 9, 11 & 11) in a small house with a lot of love.
Old 03-19-2004, 12:23 AM

T
Lex, you gotta stop posting here. I keep seeing your name and thinking OMG she's pg!!!:LOL
Old 03-19-2004, 02:41 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I felt this babe at 12 wks, a big flip on the morning of my first MW appt. Sure enough, what I felt was right where the baby was when they found the HB and he moved again during the appt. My MWs weren't suprised at all.

Robin~ single, work-at-home momma to my WonderBoys
YoungMan (6/00) & LittleBoy (6/04)
Old 03-25-2004, 12:53 AM

When I was pg with DD, and I was in for my 14 week appointment, and the nurse asks "are you feeling the baby move yet?"
and I said "actually I think I'm starting to feel little movements" and the nurse said "well, its too early for that."

if she thought it was too early to feel that, why on earth did she ask?

Amy mama to Emily love.gif & Ben fencing.gif

Old 03-25-2004, 12:20 PM

I definately feel baby move. Not regularly, but every once in a while. It feels like babys rubbing up against the walls in there. I know it's not gas. I *know* it's the baby. Not only because of the physical *feel* but on a different level. Isn't it great. I told Dh but wouldn't tell anyone else I'm glad your feeling yours. It's so beautiful.

User Tag List