pregnant and over 35 tribe - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#301 of 323 Old 10-24-2011, 05:35 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)

My grandmother had my father @ 35 and lived into her 90's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by contactmaya View Post

Halifax, sending you plenty of sticky vibes, and congratulations again!

I mentioned an article up thread, which talked about how older women, particularly  44 or older, who conceived  with their own eggs and carried to term were more likely to live to 100. I couldnt find the article, but guess what, it looks like some of this research is entering mainstream websites. Here is the same argument, only they are saying it is women over 35, and over 40 who have babies,   may live to be 100, because they are aging more slowly in general.

http://health.yahoo.net/articles/aging/photos/10-surprising-clues-youll-live-100#5

#302 of 323 Old 10-24-2011, 09:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi! I am 36 and due in May/June 2012 with my 5th. We have had  a scare early on and still not sure if the baby is going to make it or not. At my first appointment when I should have been 6wks 4 days, there was only an empty gest sac measuring 5wks 1 day. FF to my follow-up appointment on Nov. 18th and we saw a baby and HB, but baby was measuring 2 weeks behind where my chart says I should be. I have another follow-up on Nov. 1st. I am keeping my fingers crossed that we see progress! So, my orginal EDD by my chart is May 28th 2012, but my adjusted EDD by growth is June 12th. Hopefully baby will meet us somewhere in the middle.

Congrats to all the new mommies to be!

Nicole
Wife to Victor
partners.gif familybed2.gif, buddamomimg1.png, caffix.gif, large family lovin'SAHM chicken3.gif to my chicklets, Nicholas 9/05 ,Genevieve 1/08, Viviana 11/09 and Michaela 5/11. Plus three angel babies in Jesus' arms. Forever in my heart  angel.gif  7/10 (5.5w), angel.gif  11/11 (11w) & angel.gif 4/12 (8w)

John 3:16

#303 of 323 Old 10-25-2011, 11:35 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hi -

I have not been here in a long time. In fact I'm still listed in the "in our thoughts" section as I think the last time I posted was last spring maybe after I had had my second miscarriage in a row. Anyway Please move me to pregnant list! I am almost 16 weeks EDD 4/14/12. Still very nervous and paranoid something will go wrong, but Im very optimistic at the same time. PS I'll be 39 (almost 40) when this baby comes.

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#304 of 323 Old 11-14-2011, 05:37 AM

Hey! How are you moms doing? Still hanging in there?

#305 of 323 Old 11-14-2011, 10:01 AM

Pretty much over the first trimester nausea and etc!  Now I'm enjoying loose ligament hip pain and sciatica - and it seems like earlier than ever before.  if this keeps up, I don't know how I'll get through the next 5.5 months!

dizzy.gif DS1: 10/89 - DD1: 06/94 - DD2: 02/97 - DS2: 12/05 - DS3: 12/08 - DC6: ETA 04/26/12

I'll be 42 when the newest little one is born! Yowza!

#306 of 323 Old 11-15-2011, 06:59 AM

I just watched Gloria LeMay's birth video, which was intense and beautiful. I'm grateful to my doula, Erica Shane, for sharing her videos with me. We finally bought a car seat, and I'm glad to know I may live to be 100 so I can see my baby grow up and have kids. Looking forward to having this baby, as I walk really really slow these days: I'm 37 weeks.

Hope you are all well.  

#307 of 323 Old 11-15-2011, 08:25 AM

I'd like to join in! I will be 38 when the baby is born and DH will be 41. This is our third. I'm due next June and currently 9 weeks.

I've been dealing with severe morning sickness since week six and been in bed for a week+. Yesterday I started to feel just a little bit of improvement so hopefully in another week I'll be able to start weaning myself off the zofran. :) Glad to meet you mamas!

SAHM bf.gif, DH reading.gif, DD  (03/05) dust.gif, DS1hola.gif(01/09), DS2 babyf.gif(06/12) & dog2.gif

#308 of 323 Old 11-15-2011, 09:41 AM

Hi, 

I would like to join. I will be 39 when my baby is born in early June. My DS will be 4 and will be starting school next year. I had been all ready to move into the next stage and was a bit surprised that I am going to be back to diapers and baby stuff. As my belly rounds out though (I'm huge already at 11 weeks) I'm feeling like this is really happening and I'm getting excited.

Good luck and sticky thoughts to all of you!

#309 of 323 Old 11-16-2011, 12:49 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Still here and almost 19 weeks!

Im having the level II U/S on monday and will find out what we are having. I am excited to find out, but a bit nervous about the U/S as well because we did not do any of the first trimester screenings and I know some things can show up on the level !! U/S. Im hoping that everything looks great and I can breathe a little easier for the rest of this pregnancy.

Other than that I am much bigger at this point than I did with my son at the same point! Just starting to bust out my maternity clothes!

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#310 of 323 Old 11-16-2011, 02:37 PM

hi! i am 35 and due in June. i will have my 36th bday a month before baby is due. 

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#311 of 323 Old 11-20-2011, 06:44 PM

Hello, I would like to join. I am due June 12th. I am 37 now and will be 38 when the baby is born and DH is 41 and will be 42. We thought we were done having children but I guess this baby had other plans :) I am excited, nervous and happy I held on to my wraps and most of my cloth diaper and wool stash. My first born died at birth from SMA however it was a genetic mutation. My second pregnancy ended at 9 weeks, my third pregnancy was wonderful and healthy and resulted in our beautiful big, strong, healthy son. I have really good vibes about this baby. We are not doing any genetic screening aside from level 2 u/s at 20 weeks and in the last few weeks of pregnancy including Biophysical profiles (we did this with my son as well) I am really hoping to have a VBA2C with this baby.

Scarlett bfinfant.gif , DH Boris geek.gif , DS 1/29/08 Julian kid.gif DD2 6/7/12 babygirl.gif missing our DD 1/06/06 Sonja angel3.gif and MC @ 9 wks 11/18/06 Satchel  angel.gif

#312 of 323 Old 11-26-2011, 06:25 PM

I'm 36, dh 40

5th dc due 2/27/12

Another homebirth 

Erinlove.gif, wife to the love of my life partners.gif and mama to Ocean Acacia (19) hearts.gif,  Ivory Sierra (14), tea6.gifMeadow Autumn (12),read.gif Archer Orion (6) notes2.gif , and one more sweet love joining us earthside in late Winter 2012 homebirth.jpg.

#313 of 323 Old 11-28-2011, 02:49 PM

This thread is almost 2 years old so I have no idea if anyone will find this.  I would love to join, I'm 41 and having my first baby.  My husband (I have no idea what DH and DD and all that means yet) is 37.  I wanted a baby since I was 5 years old, but I just never found the right man to settle in with nor did I have my act together until 3 years ago.  I was very depressed in my 30's and lost hope by 40, but then I recieved all kinds of blessings in rapid succession, such as meeting a good husband and father to be, getting married and pregnant...all within 6 months.  I'm now grateful that it didn't happen before I created a good life, got myself together financially and emotionally and spiritually, that I have a great partner and provider and am out of debt so I can stay home and enjoy raising this amazing life.  It's magic.

#314 of 323 Old 11-28-2011, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamasingh View Post

This thread is almost 2 years old so I have no idea if anyone will find this.  I would love to join, I'm 41 and having my first baby.  My husband (I have no idea what DH and DD and all that means yet) is 37.  I wanted a baby since I was 5 years old, but I just never found the right man to settle in with nor did I have my act together until 3 years ago.  I was very depressed in my 30's and lost hope by 40, but then I recieved all kinds of blessings in rapid succession, such as meeting a good husband and father to be, getting married and pregnant...all within 6 months.  I'm now grateful that it didn't happen before I created a good life, got myself together financially and emotionally and spiritually, that I have a great partner and provider and am out of debt so I can stay home and enjoy raising this amazing life.  It's magic.

Saw this in the new posts section: My understanding of the abbreviations.

DH is dear husband. DD is dear daughter. DS is dear son. SIL is sister in law. MIL is mother in law.

There used to be a post somewhere that addressed these. Also, you can do a search on google asking, for example, "What does DD mean?" and get some websites that explain a lot.

#315 of 323 Old 11-28-2011, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamasingh View Post

when are you due? you should head to the groups area and find your due date group. i am sure there are other women there who are due when you are and over 35. there are lots on mine, like me!

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#316 of 323 Old 01-27-2012, 04:22 PM

Did anyone see Dr OZ show today???

#317 of 323 Old 01-28-2012, 06:39 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)

No,what was it about?

#318 of 323 Old 01-28-2012, 07:51 AM

The show was about how old is too old to have a baby. Mostly about IVF.

#319 of 323 Old 01-28-2012, 09:10 AM

Hi all

Glad this thread is up and running again.  I lurked a bit in November, but didn't introduce myself.  I turned 36 in December.  My second child is due in June.  So far I don't feel any different (re:older) than during my last pregnancy when I was 29/30.   I feel young and healthy.  Since it took us 18 months to conceive this one,  I did wonder if I had missed my window, but we got pregnant only a few months after I started acupuncture and the accompanying health regime (although we were always pretty health conscious) so I guess something was just slightly off.  I think the abstract line for determining advanced maternal age is pretty ridiculous.  I rejected the tests encouraged because it would not make me act any differently and would just make my anxiety act up.  I am looking forward to holding a beautiful, healthy baby in June.

Metreehugger.gif College Literature Professor reading.gif(36) and DH (35) married 7/05, together since 1/99; Mom to two lovely and fierce little girls: DD1 2/06 and, after 18 months TTC (and a couple years NTNP), DD2 born 7/3/12!  Dedicated AP parent who is for selective (most) vaccination.

#320 of 323 Old 01-29-2012, 10:21 PM

Hi, I just posted a new thread in "I'm Pregnant." I'm 44 and I'm pretty sure I'm due September 14. This is my third child, I have a 14 year old and an almost-3-year old. I've had five miscarriages, so am still pretty nervous about this one holding. But so far things look great (I see an endocrinologist). I'm in shock; this was a big surprise. We thought we were done after our miracle boy arrived in 2009. I can't believe I'll be 45 by the time this one is born! My husband will be 48! We are very young-at-heart, but wow!

joy.gifjoy.giftwo great kids angel.gif x 6.  partners.gif happily married.cat.gifcat.gif

treehugger.gifnamaste.giftoddler.gifnocirc.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed2.gifdiaper.gifvbac.gif

#321 of 323 Old 01-30-2012, 02:09 AM

Can I play?

I'm 36 (will be 37 when baby comes) due Aug. 1 with number 5 :)

The "old" mom thing is new to me. My youngest is almost 4 and I was only 32 when pregnant last time.

Mom to:

Three big girls  twins.gif (10) + joy.gif (almost 9!); 

One little boy ROTFLMAO.gif(6) and a full on toddler diaper.gif  (8/12) born with TAPVR heartbeat.gif (repaired at 6 days old).

#322 of 323 Old 02-11-2012, 10:41 AM

i am miscarrying. . . it's been a two month whirlwind. i had so many doubts and concerns on the discovery of this pregnancy. and now there is just loss. embrace it mamas. when most people have an empty nest, you will have your true miracle to keep you connected to magic and youth. i wish you all beautiful births!

joy.gifjoy.giftwo great kids angel.gif x 6.  partners.gif happily married.cat.gifcat.gif

treehugger.gifnamaste.giftoddler.gifnocirc.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed2.gifdiaper.gifvbac.gif

#323 of 323 Old 02-11-2012, 11:56 AM

fennelseed- I'm so so sorryhug2.gif

Tags
Lighthouse Internationals Guide To Family Involvement Maximizing Rehabilitation Outcomes For Older A , Pregnancy Bleeding , Finding A Preceptor

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page