pregnant and over 35 tribe - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 323 Old 06-13-2011, 03:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

wave.gif hello goddess mamas!

just stopped by to announce the birth of our beautiful boy, eliot quinn (we call him quinn), born at home unassisted on june 8, 2011. we are so blessed and overjoyed! love.gif

many blessings and good vibes to you all.

~Karenchicken3.gifso happy to be mothering my four... DS ('94), DS ('94), DD ('00), and DS -- June 8, 2011, our UC baby!

#242 of 323 Old 06-13-2011, 05:02 PM

Hello, mamas!

I thought I had joined, but I see that I did not.  I am 38, pregnant with #3. We have 2 sons, 22 years old and 7 years old. This one was a pleasant surprise.

I am almost 11 weeks pregnant.  I have my second midwife appointment next week for a homebirth.

NishaG momsling.GIF - Wife to Big K for 20 years - Mama to KJ and KC, and our 1st baby girl, KS, born 1/20/12 familybed1.gif diaper.gif!

#243 of 323 Old 06-14-2011, 07:01 AM

Congratulations!!!!!  I love the name Quinn smile.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHappy View Post

wave.gif hello goddess mamas!

just stopped by to announce the birth of our beautiful boy, eliot quinn (we call him quinn), born at home unassisted on june 8, 2011. we are so blessed and overjoyed! love.gif

many blessings and good vibes to you all.

~Erica~ Married to the love of my life ~ Mama to Nickolas jog.gif6/14/09 and Alexander 8/4/11 and Aiden brokenheart.gifgone too soon at 14 weeks~    

fly-by-nursing1.gifselectivevax.gifnocirc.giffamilybed1.gif
#244 of 323 Old 06-14-2011, 10:24 PM - Thread Starter

congrats to Mamatoabunch and BHappy.  Welcome to FarmerCathy and NishaG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by egmaranian View Post

Congratulations!!!!!  I love the name Quinn smile.gif

me too.  however, we had it on our list of possible girl names.

mother is a verb
I GOT MY vbac.gif!!!

#245 of 323 Old 06-15-2011, 11:40 AM

I would like to join you all!

name Lotus1

Age at EDD 41, DH 44

This is baby #2 (many losses though)

DS is almost 5!

And I have hyperemesis :( (had it with DS also, but worse this time - on IV fluids and zofran pump)

Hoping for midwife and hospital water birth... currently followed by perinatologist. 

Having 1st trimester screening tomorrow - nervous! but hoping for the best!

#246 of 323 Old 06-15-2011, 11:41 AM

EDD 12/27

12 weeks, 1 day currently

#247 of 323 Old 06-15-2011, 12:48 PM - Thread Starter

welcome lotus1 and good luck at the screening tomorrow.

mother is a verb
I GOT MY vbac.gif!!!

#248 of 323 Old 06-16-2011, 11:47 PM

Welcome, Lotus1! 

Hope the first-tri screening went well. For me that was the one of the more challenging things emotionally during this, my first pregnancy, with all the warnings about being an older mom (38.) But am now realizing that each pregnancy is as unique as the baby and age doesn't necessarily have much to do with it.

Best wishes for a strong pregnancy!

Married to my soul mate stillheart.gif on July 31, 2010, Mama to Lennon August babyboy.gif born August 28, 2011, brokenheart.gif (10/10)

cd.gif  winner.jpg waterbirth.jpg familybed1.gifvbac.gif

#249 of 323 Old 06-17-2011, 08:36 AM

Thank you samstress and amycolefarrell!

the US results were good!

have to wait a week for the blood results.

feeling more reassured now.

#250 of 323 Old 06-17-2011, 11:05 PM

Hello Mamas, 

It's been a while since I've posted in this tribe... since I've introduced myself a while back.  Currently have 5-6 weeks left in this pregnancy and it's been going well.  From what I've been reading of many of you who have joined this tribe, I MAY just be one of the older mamas here (42).  But that's okay.  With age comes wisdom and this being my 5th baby (6th pregnancy), I'd like to think I'm wiser than I was when I started out having kids.  Then again.. with some things.. we just never learn!   smile.gif

Nice to read about the various ages and stages of pregnancies.

Perhaps I should start an over 40 tribe???  

Blessings to you all.

chicken3.gif    Wife to DH and Mama to five beautiful children,    Always remembering out Little Angel angel.gif we lost in Jan. 2004. 

teapot2.GIF, selectivevax.gif,winner.jpg,cd.gif,fambedsingle1.gifbftoddler.giffbbf.giffemalesling.GIF

#251 of 323 Old 06-18-2011, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matyja View Post

Hello Mamas, 

It's been a while since I've posted in this tribe... since I've introduced myself a while back.  Currently have 5-6 weeks left in this pregnancy and it's been going well.  From what I've been reading of many of you who have joined this tribe, I MAY just be one of the older mamas here (42).  But that's okay.  With age comes wisdom and this being my 5th baby (6th pregnancy), I'd like to think I'm wiser than I was when I started out having kids.  Then again.. with some things.. we just never learn!   smile.gif

Nice to read about the various ages and stages of pregnancies.

Blessings to you all.

I'm over 40 too- I will be 10 days shy of 45 when this babe is due (3 weeks from now) so an over 40 tribe sounds good to me!

#252 of 323 Old 06-19-2011, 01:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus1 View Post

the US results were good!

feeling more reassured now.

so glad.

Quote:

maybe, since it's really not so out of the ordinary to be 35+ and pregnant anymore.  i made the thread 35+ because that's when they consider you of AMA (also, i wanted to participate in the thread). smile.gif  had my first at 35 and second at 39.  i always thought if we had another i'd start a 40+ and pregnant tribe, although i'm pretty sure we're done. 

mother is a verb
I GOT MY vbac.gif!!!

#253 of 323 Old 06-19-2011, 05:06 PM

Another over-40 mama here! I will be 42 when this little boy makes his appearance earth-side. I was 36 with my first, and 38 with my second. If it was up to me, I would keep on having babies until the egg farm shuts down, but I have to admit, the increase of genetic issues has me kind of creeped out. I don't know if I can handle the stress again. My religion forbids artificial birth control, but allows natural family planning for grave reasons, and I do believe the higher odds of a child with chromosomal abnormalities probably qualifies as grave reason... I'm just not sure if I could actually actively decide to not get pregnant anymore. It's such a dilemma! I feel kind of gipped (sp?) because I don't feel 41. I don't feel any older than with my first, energy-level-wise, or with regards to general physical condition. Ah well, it is what it is!

Anyway, I would definitely join an over-40 tribe, I love talking to other expectant moms my age. Most preggo women I run into (online or real life) are in their late twenties.  

~Iris~ Catholic mama to DD1 11/15/05 * DD2 04/28/08 * brokenheart.gif06/23/2010 * and our little rainbow DS 10/07/11 love.gif

#254 of 323 Old 06-20-2011, 09:14 AM

I want to belong to this tribe too. I just found out--at an ultra sound to rule out pancreatis or liver disease--that I am pregnant. I'm 43 and will have just turned 44 when this baby arrives in mid-November 2011. My partner is 38. I'm anxious because I had a very intense at home miscarriage in January. I never had had a period, so I assumed that I was menopausal due to intense emotions (crying a lot), the inability to keep a thought in my head, and of course that fact that af never came back.  Two naturopathic doctors had told me I probably was menopausal. I had all the symptoms: extra padding around my waste, very tender breasts, exhaustion, achy hip joints, extreme sadness.  The ultrasound doctor called in my partner and daughter and the baby announced its existence to us while we all wept for joy. I stared at the tv monitor through my tears in utter disbelief. It seems totally surreal to me. I had been hoping to become pregnant for a couple of years. My daughter is 7, and I was finally getting able to tell her that we would consider adopting so she could have a sibling. This little baby is already 17 weeks along!

This was only three days ago, and I'm in Peru's capital, where, like so much native wisdom, midwifery is frowned upon. I feel I need a combination of a wise midwife and a bit of technology to make sure this baby is OK, but I'm coming around to the idea that an amnio is not going to make me any less worried, and could just make me more worried. After that intense miscarriage, I don't think I could terminate based on an amnio.

Looking forward to hearing about your pregnancy experiences in the over 35 tribe. i had a totally natural birth with a midwife in rural pennsylvania when I was 36 (and therefore already "high risk").  I assume we'll go back there, but it means alot of travelling, so I'm dreaming of a home birth, but also nervous about complications.  I'll welcome any thoughts or comments.

#255 of 323 Old 06-21-2011, 05:00 PM

First and most important: congratulations!!! joy.gif I can't imagine the surprise and shock you must have experienced. To me it sounds like a door that you thought was being shut, locked and bolted down, was suddenly flung wide open again. How wonderful! I hope you will be able to find the right care for you, I have no idea how to go about finding a trustworthy midwife in Lima, but I agree with you on the amnio. It's a double edged sword. At my 20 week ultrasound they found a marker for Trisomy 18, and an amnio would tell us exactly what we are looking at. But since we would never terminate, for any reason, I am not so sure I need to know. At least not right away. It's hard to explain. Take care of yourself, and keep us posted on everything!

~Iris~ Catholic mama to DD1 11/15/05 * DD2 04/28/08 * brokenheart.gif06/23/2010 * and our little rainbow DS 10/07/11 love.gif

#256 of 323 Old 06-21-2011, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snugglebugmom View Post

First and most important: congratulations!!! joy.gif I can't imagine the surprise and shock you must have experienced. To me it sounds like a door that you thought was being shut, locked and bolted down, was suddenly flung wide open again. How wonderful! I hope you will be able to find the right care for you, I have no idea how to go about finding a trustworthy midwife in Lima, but I agree with you on the amnio. It's a double edged sword. At my 20 week ultrasound they found a marker for Trisomy 18, and an amnio would tell us exactly what we are looking at. But since we would never terminate, for any reason, I am not so sure I need to know. At least not right away. It's hard to explain. Take care of yourself, and keep us posted on everything!

(((Hugs there mama))) they found a marker for me as well and that's when I decided to get an amnio even though Dh was against it. A choroid plexus cyst was found but amnio confirmed baby was healthy and recent US confirmed cyst is gone. I hope all goes well and your baby is healthy too.

#257 of 323 Old 06-22-2011, 05:07 AM

That's the same thing they found in mine. What had me puzzled, is that they said the cyst was part of the placenta, and not of the baby. As far as I know, a choroid plexus cyst is in the baby's brain. That, coupled with the fact that the 20 week ultrasound didn't show any other markers like growth falling behind, skull measurements, heart issues and such, made me decide that an amnio is not something I want to do right now. 

#258 of 323 Old 06-22-2011, 12:16 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I think we're going to do first trimester screening, even though I can't think about it without imagining all the worst case scenarios and that stresses me out. After what we went through to get pregnant (IVF) I don't know if I could terminate. Not that it would be easier for people who conceived naturally, but the thought of having to do all that again makes me bawling.gif.

Finally pregnant with #1 and #2! Due September 9th, 2014 

#259 of 323 Old 07-10-2011, 11:56 PM

Hi,

Thanks very much for this comment. It help me to think about my ideals.

Tks again and pls keep posting.

If you want to get more materials that related to this topic, you can visit: Pregnancy over 35 risks

Best regards.

#260 of 323 Old 07-13-2011, 10:22 AM - Thread Starter

welcome sorprendida11 and congrats!

Laggie and mrngorickets -- would you like to be added to our member list?

mother is a verb
I GOT MY vbac.gif!!!

#261 of 323 Old 07-20-2011, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuggle

Another over-40 mama here! I will be 42 when this little boy makes his appearance earth-side. I was 36 with my first, and 38 with my second. If it was up to me, I would keep on having babies until the egg farm shuts down, but I have to admit, the increase of genetic issues has me kind of creeped out. I don't know if I can handle the stress again. My religion forbids artificial birth control, but allows natural family planning for grave reasons, and I do believe the higher odds of a child with chromosomal abnormalities probably qualifies as grave reason... I'm just not sure if I could actually actively decide to not get pregnant anymore. It's such a dilemma! I feel kind of gipped (sp?) because I don't feel 41. I don't feel any older than with my first, energy-level-wise, or with regards to general physical condition. Ah well, it is what it is!

Anyway, I would definitely join an over-40 tribe, I love talking to other expectant moms my age. Most preggo women I run into (online or real life) are in their late twenties.  

I totally agree with you saying "if it was up to you, you would keep having babies until the egg farm shuts down".  My question is.... if it's not up to you (and dh I assume) then who is it up to?   I'm of the mindset that if it's supposed to happen, it will.  Just welcomed ds last week (I'm 42 now) and already want another one!!!  (he makes baby #5).  Is that crazy??? 

chicken3.gif    Wife to DH and Mama to five beautiful children,    Always remembering out Little Angel angel.gif we lost in Jan. 2004. 

teapot2.GIF, selectivevax.gif,winner.jpg,cd.gif,fambedsingle1.gifbftoddler.giffbbf.giffemalesling.GIF

#262 of 323 Old 07-20-2011, 03:19 PM

Quote:

I totally agree with you saying "if it was up to you, you would keep having babies until the egg farm shuts down".  My question is.... if it's not up to you (and dh I assume) then who is it up to?  

Good point! First off, we need to use common sense in that we are on a very low income and if we are to have another baby, DH would really need either a different job or an extremely large, extremely unlikely raise. Not being able to pay for food and clothes for our children constitutes grave reason to not have another one right away. And I am afraid that my time is limited. How many more years can I realistically expect to be fertile?

I am already so fortunate, I have been blessed with two healthy girls and one healthy little boy-on-the-way, it feels greedy to keep expecting more... I don't know, it's hard to express my feelings on this adequately, especially in a language that is not my own. 

#263 of 323 Old 07-22-2011, 09:50 AM

Hi everyone, I was 50 when I had my twins, natural birth no problems at all. Very easy smooth pregnancy. I was suppose to be going trhough the change of life (menopause) and low and behold healthy babies. My other five children all grown were happy but afraid for all of us. Both my grandparents where older when they had their last babies also. One was 49 the other 51. life is a mystery no one knows what might happen. I feel (after the shock) have be blessed with seven healthy childrené

#264 of 323 Old 07-22-2011, 02:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

I totally agree with you saying "if it was up to you, you would keep having babies until the egg farm shuts down".  My question is.... if it's not up to you (and dh I assume) then who is it up to?   I'm of the mindset that if it's supposed to happen, it will.

yeahthat.gif

i was wondering this as well and agree that if it's supposed to happen it will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snugglebugmom View Post

I am already so fortunate, I have been blessed with two healthy girls and one healthy little boy-on-the-way, it feels greedy to keep expecting more... I don't know, it's hard to express my feelings on this adequately, especially in a language that is not my own. 

yeahthat.gif

i think you said it quite well and i agree.  i feel quite fortunate to have two beautiful, healthy children and think that perhaps i should quit while i'm ahead.  why should i think that i should keep being so fortunate and why should i want for more when others have much less.  however, at the same time, i would love my family to grow.  my husband and children bring me more joy than anything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindab13 View Post

Hi everyone, I was 50 when I had my twins, natural birth no problems at all. Very easy smooth pregnancy. I was suppose to be going trhough the change of life (menopause) and low and behold healthy babies. My other five children all grown were happy but afraid for all of us. Both my grandparents where older when they had their last babies also. One was 49 the other 51. life is a mystery no one knows what might happen. I feel (after the shock) have be blessed with seven healthy childrené

thumbsup.gif excellent!

my grandmother had her youngest at 42 (and that was 50 years ago), so why shouldn't i be able to as well?

mother is a verb
I GOT MY vbac.gif!!!

#265 of 323 Old 07-23-2011, 07:24 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindab13 View Post

Wow, you make me feel so young at 44. Im 13 weeks now.

It is really amazing and wonderful that you were able to do this. It does sound like there is a genetic predisposition in your family to being able to have children at a later age. Its all such a mystery and seems so random that some women can have children later and others cant. Diet is supposed to make a difference. Were you particularly health conscious i wonder? 

AFM, i do watch what i eat, but dont do any special diets. There were a couple of older women on this board who were raw foodists.

There is a study that says women 44 or older who conceive naturally and bring the baby to term are more likely to live to 100.  Do people live to an older age in your family? I will dig up that link.

I wonder if you could contribute to  this thread  if you have the time

http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1314853/over-43-and-pregnant-are-you-taking-extra-precautions/  

All the best in your pregnancies and births to other over 35 mamas on this board!

#266 of 323 Old 09-07-2011, 12:13 PM

Our son, Lennon August was born at 12:59 am on August 28. 8.09lbs, 24ins long and healthy! We had a wild ride of a labor experience. After laboring naturally for 16 hours at a birthing center, we were transfered to the attached hospital because our son's head was in the wrong position. We labored an additional 3 hours there with a walking epidural and oxytocin drip with no change. He was then born by c-section. There was green water in my amniotic fluid so they were happy to not have waited any longer. His little head had it's "cone" in the wrong place, evidence that he was trying with all his mite to come out, just in the wrong way. By the time of the c-section birth, I was fully dilated and he was as far down as he could go...we were ready for it to happen. Though it was such a surprise detour from our original plan, we feel like we took every step to stick to it and feel good about our birth experience. Also, at 38, I worried during the whole pregnancy that I should have gotten amnio to rule out genetic disorders but now feel proud that I didn't give into my fears and trusted that, based on the screening tests, my child was healthy. Thanks for letting me share! love.gif

Married to my soul mate stillheart.gif on July 31, 2010, Mama to Lennon August babyboy.gif born August 28, 2011, brokenheart.gif (10/10)

cd.gif  winner.jpg waterbirth.jpg familybed1.gifvbac.gif

#267 of 323 Old 09-08-2011, 11:49 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by contactmaya View Post

There is a study that says women 44 or older who conceive naturally and bring the baby to term are more likely to live to 100.  I will dig up that link.

i'd be interested to read that study.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amycolefarrell View Post

Our son, Lennon August was born at 12:59 am on August 28. 8.09lbs, 24ins long and healthy! We had a wild ride of a labor experience. After laboring naturally for 16 hours at a birthing center, we were transfered to the attached hospital because our son's head was in the wrong position. We labored an additional 3 hours there with a walking epidural and oxytocin drip with no change. He was then born by c-section. There was green water in my amniotic fluid so they were happy to not have waited any longer. His little head had it's "cone" in the wrong place, evidence that he was trying with all his mite to come out, just in the wrong way. By the time of the c-section birth, I was fully dilated and he was as far down as he could go...we were ready for it to happen. Though it was such a surprise detour from our original plan, we feel like we took every step to stick to it and feel good about our birth experience. Also, at 38, I worried during the whole pregnancy that I should have gotten amnio to rule out genetic disorders but now feel proud that I didn't give into my fears and trusted that, based on the screening tests, my child was healthy. Thanks for letting me share! love.gif

congrats to you amy and welcome to baby lennon.  so glad you have a healthy little boy. :)

mother is a verb
I GOT MY vbac.gif!!!

#268 of 323 Old 09-09-2011, 08:04 AM

Congratulations Amycolfarell!

Samstress, ill look up the link....

#269 of 323 Old 09-09-2011, 10:24 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by contactmaya View Post

Samstress, ill look up the link....

smile.gif

mother is a verb
I GOT MY vbac.gif!!!

#270 of 323 Old 09-11-2011, 12:14 PM

Wow, so annoying. I cannot find that link anywhere. Not on my computer, not on google, and not where i thought i had posted it here. However,  this was another interesting article i found at the same time. 

http://www.immortalhumans.com/increase-your-lifespan-by-having-a-baby-in-your-40s-or-50s/

I know that research is out there somewhere. I remember distinctly the numbers '100' and '44' being mentioned. I will find it eventually!

Tags
Lighthouse Internationals Guide To Family Involvement Maximizing Rehabilitation Outcomes For Older A , Pregnancy Bleeding , Finding A Preceptor

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page