The Hair Down There - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 38 Old 09-06-2010, 11:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just use an electric shaver, like the kind a guy would use. It has a variety of settings (you can do a close shave or use a setting to leave it a bit longer). When my belly gets so big that I can't see, I just use the bathroom mirror.
#32 of 38 Old 09-06-2010, 11:33 PM

Normally I shave but since have gotten a wax at 37 weeks with each pregnancy ~ hurt like crazy but totally worth it... the idea of giving birth hairless and keeping the area clean post birth with having to trim a bush sounds heavenly.
#33 of 38 Old 09-07-2010, 01:32 AM

HAHA! Am I the only hairy one on here?? I mean I trimmed the other day but no waxing and no shaving. I am the hairiest ive ever been and I love it. I actually think its kinda sexy (DF dosnt seem to mind.) Now that ive left the hair on my body alone (except for the bush trimming) its all soft. I never have to deal with ingrown hairs (which is a 150% garuntee with shaving) and I really cant afford the wax every month. I do think i will opt for a bikini wax before the birth for some reason. I havnt cared up to this point so i dont know why I kinda care for then. There isnt going to be anyone there I dont know sooo..... hmmm..... am I really the ONLY hairy fairy mama on here?
#34 of 38 Old 09-07-2010, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMaMaZenLovin View Post
HAHA! Am I the only hairy one on here?? I mean I trimmed the other day but no waxing and no shaving. I am the hairiest ive ever been and I love it. I actually think its kinda sexy (DF dosnt seem to mind.) Now that ive left the hair on my body alone (except for the bush trimming) its all soft. I never have to deal with ingrown hairs (which is a 150% garuntee with shaving) and I really cant afford the wax every month. I do think i will opt for a bikini wax before the birth for some reason. I havnt cared up to this point so i dont know why I kinda care for then. There isnt going to be anyone there I dont know sooo..... hmmm..... am I really the ONLY hairy fairy mama on here?
lol no... just that this is a thread on hair removal so the ones that don't remove really don't have much to say.

I agree it feels so much better once it gets long enough to get soft though... but I still cant handle discharge/blood clumping up in the hairs between my legs, so even when I let my leg/pit hair go for a few months, I still have to keep myself at least trimmed down there (I never go fully bald, just keep it clean where the discharge/blood gets stuck the most.)

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#35 of 38 Old 09-07-2010, 10:13 AM

Ahaha this thread reminds me of when Dh was born. I shaved by braille (LOVE that term we should really coin it) and when he was born my MIL cut the umbilical cord. Can you imagine lying there just having given birth and thinking "did I save right because there she is front and center and boy that'd be embarrassing!"

Well, needless to say, this time around things haven't become hard.... yet, but I'll once again shave by braille and hope for the best. LOL Hubby never seems to mind how I keep my shop, so I do as I wish and well, if I miss spots, he never seems to mind, nor should I.
#36 of 38 Old 09-07-2010, 11:14 AM

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Quote:
It's totally okay to be hairy! I enjoy it at times! It's just that being so pg, I am very gooey, and being hairless really keeps me feeling drier.

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 due Dec. 2014
On hospital bedrest for pPROM since 23 weeks
#37 of 38 Old 09-07-2010, 12:50 PM

ITA. I really haven't bothered much in the past little while with the landscaping, but then I realized it was more comfortable in the summer (things were bushy and sweaty in the brutal heat) and might be so for the delivery, too. DH has never expressed a preference, but we do have a laugh when we both let it go and it gets wild down there. And DD was offering her opinion on the hairiness of my nether regions (nosy 4-year-olds ). I tend not to keep it trimmed regularly, just as the feeling strikes me, but at this point, it has to be more strategic in terms of how to go about it!

Mama to DD 4/06 notes2.gif  new DS stork-boy.gif born 17/12/10 familybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
#38 of 38 Old 09-07-2010, 01:47 PM

Quote:
I am woman, hear my hairy vagina ROAR!

Hilarious!

I remember this so vividly. It took me by surprise. I just hadn’t thought of it. Shaving my legs was never a problem, but I struggled with the bikini area until about 36W. I didn’t gain a lot of weight & my belly wasn’t really huge, so I managed sometimes to push the belly sideways so I could see, or have a hand mirror on the lid of the toilet to see (a foot on the sink right next to the toilet), and get some of it done. At 36W, I just gave up & said, “Ah forget it!” it was such a hassle.

As soon as DS was born, I didn’t realize how much the belly would flatten out immediately & I had a clear view down there for the first time in what seemed like ages. I actually said, “WOW, I’M HAIRY!” I remember the MW laughing with me. I have pale skin & dark hair so it’s that much more apparent & icky, IMO.

I have no advice for you, just empathy. I totally understand how you don’t want to just let it go, but your other options are to keep struggling with a mirror (huge hassle), pay someone at a salon for waxing or shaving, or ask your DH or, if you’re that close, a sister of friend. I found all those options so unappealing, but ‘let it go’ was the least unappealing of those options. (& My DH even offered once, but I just wasn’t comfortable with that mentally.)

So I was definitely not happy with my hairy vagina, but I just accepted it as a side-effect of pregnancy.

I have a personally trimmer & always use that but even NOT PG I nick myself a lot. Maybe I need a new one? So I would personally never do “shaving by Braille” with that either.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page