Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Queenie, you're too cute!

http://www.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=ziabfct...d&x=0&y=6topsq
#62 of 97 Old 03-25-2004, 01:55 PM
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Smithie, are you long waisted? It is so interesting to see the different sizes/shapes of bellies! Your u/s pics are so cute!
#63 of 97 Old 03-25-2004, 03:04 PM

Queenie, your belly looks awesome! I don't think you're too much bigger than I am, but I think you're carrying different. The way you carry makes all the difference in the world in how your belly looks. People tell me that I look so small and can't believe I only have 3 more months to go, but at my last mw appt. I measured two weeks ahead. So, obvioulsy I'm not smaller than normal at this point!
#64 of 97 Old 03-25-2004, 03:35 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Well, I wish I had scanning equipment because I'm bigger than the other bellies I've seen here! And I only measure a week ahead...maybe it's because it's all out in front like a basketball. With dd it was more out to the sides.

I've been waking up with a stuffed nose every morning, and when I try to get all the gunk out there is what looks like dried blood.: I don't get it...but this time I don't have bleeding gums, so maybe the nose thing is just instead of the gums.
#65 of 97 Old 03-25-2004, 03:50 PM

Greaseball - the same thing happens to me every morning. I blow my nose and its all bloody looking, though I haven't had any nose bleeds.

Smithie - nice pictures! It is really interesting how different people carry differenently.

My big concern about my post-preg body is if I'll keep my maternal pouch. My mom never got completely rid of hers and its always bothered her a lot (her sisters had the same problem, and looking at pics of my paternal grandmother she seemed to have the same thing, too). I'm hoping that my obsession with ab workouts for the past 10 years will pay off in getting my stomach back to flat after the baby. I can still feel very defined obliques on the sides of my tummy, and there doesn't seem to be much fat at all anywhere on my tummy - but my hips and butt are a different story!

So... where is everyone else on weight gain? I've gained 22 pounds and I'm about 30 weeks now. I'm hoping to only gain 1 pound/week for the rest of the pregnancy - is that realistic???

Mama to DS (05/04) and DD (11/05), married to a wonderful DH.
#66 of 97 Old 03-25-2004, 04:16 PM

I'm 28 weeks and I've gained about 33 pounds.

I'm going to the midwife tomorrow so I'll weigh in and find out for sure but I don't think I've gained any weight this month.

I'm not too concerned...I think it's just because my stomach is getting squished so I'm eating less and the weather is getting nicer so I've been taking more walks.

~Erin
#67 of 97 Old 03-25-2004, 04:55 PM

Nearly 31 weeks, 38 lbs.

My worry is that after the birth none of my old clothes will fit! With dd I only gained 17 lbs and then was back to my original weight a week after she was born, so everything fit right away. Plus all my old summer clothes are belly shirts, low-rise pants, short shorts, etc. so I may have to buy a bunch of new temporary fat clothes.
#68 of 97 Old 03-25-2004, 05:47 PM

Thanks for the praise, all. It helps.

I am perhaps closer to long-waisted than short-waisted, but I'm really pretty medium. I met a bunch of mamas IRL on the tour of my backup hospital, and I was carrying sort of high and tight compared to the others at my same stage. My fat gains have been on my face, neck, boobs, backside, thighs - all those fun places.

I weighed 142.5 lbs yesterday, which is about a 20 lb gain. I seem to be settled into the pound-a-week groove, so I think I will gain about 30 lbs total if I go 40 weeks, 35 if I go 43 weeks like my mom did with me. I am just trying not to think about my postpartum summer wardrobe - hopefully the maternity sundresses I bought on Ebay and the TP will be wearable postpartum. My low-rise shorts and belly shirts are definitely not going to be appropriate this year.
#69 of 97 Old 03-25-2004, 06:46 PM
Banned

My last weigh-in was at 25 wks and I'd gained 24 lbs.

I think I'll even out to about a lb a week, too. So that's a total of about 40 lbs. Not bad.

I am not that concerned about pp. I have already lived through the humiliation of going shopping in dh's pj pants b/c I was too fat to wear anything else (last pregnancy I gained 60 lbs and my pre-pg clothing was pretty snug to begin with), so if I have to go fat clothes shopping again, that is okay. At least my maternity clothes don't look so maternity this time so I can wear them out after I give birth. and I kept the few nursing shirts I bought last time right after ds was born, so I know they will fit-probably be too big.

Well, gotta go!
#70 of 97 Old 03-25-2004, 06:49 PM

Smithie, your photo was great too!

I was 172.5 yesterday which puts me at about a 24 pound gain at 29 weeks. But there was sugar in my urine which is totally because I had some limeade for breakfast. I'm craving more sweets recently which isn't a good thing.

Is anybody else having a resurgence of first trimester just-can't-deal-with-stuff syndrome? For the second time in a week, I've been reduced to tears out of sheer frustration with my DD. Everything is a freaking power struggle these days. My DH leaves for work about 6:45 and hasn't gotten home until after 8:00 pm any night this week. I was also "in charge" for basically the whole weekend. I am so burned out on my DD. I was last week and this week has been worse because she was sick on Monday which meant we couldn't hang out with other kids on Tuesday and then yesterday and today I've had appointments. So she's basically sick of me too. And to top it all off, today we're having a no nap day. Thank God my MIL is going to keep her for several hours tomorow. But ya know what? I have to spend that whole time catching up on the work I've missed the past couple of days because DD has been so out of sorts.

Anyway, I'm getting ready to take her outside and pray my DH gets home soon.
#71 of 97 Old 03-25-2004, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Is anybody else having a resurgence of first trimester just-can't-deal-with-stuff syndrome?
OMG YES!!!

I was just thinking how what I'm feeling right now (exhausted, easily annoyed, wanting more time alone etc.) feels so much like the first trimester.
#72 of 97 Old 03-25-2004, 09:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by seedling

Is anybody else having a resurgence of first trimester just-can't-deal-with-stuff syndrome?
YUP!!! I just want everyone to just leave me the #$%% alone to I can just curl up and go to sleep! My patience level has decreased tremendously in the past week. I'm forcing myself to continue to go to the gym when all I want to do is go to bed! My poor kids probably think mommy has turned into a grouchy peeing machine!!:LOL
#73 of 97 Old 03-25-2004, 11:01 PM

I am sooo glad to hear I am not the only one who is CRANKY!!! I have such a short fuse right now and also just want to be left alone.

And where are the dancing men who are supposed to make me hot tea, give me a massage, feed me grapes, and entertain me???!!! Wasn't that in my pregnancy contract????!!!

Peace,
#74 of 97 Old 03-26-2004, 07:50 AM

Oh MAN am I crabby lately!! DS and I have been fighting all week, it's insane! I've hit the uncomfortable point now, I feel so full of baby and am ready to be done and I'm not even that big. 10 weeks seems like such a long time to wait!!

I weighed myself today and I am exactly at my pre-pregnancy weight, up from my 4 lb loss at the beginning. I don't remember when I started gaining with Ben and it is possible I'll get to a 15 lb gain again this time, but I don't think so. Oh and before anyone goes envying me, I'm at 230 right now, and my ideal weight is about 150, so I'd say I had a jump start on the gaining

Had the strangest movement tonight. I thought I was having a BH but I think the baby was stretching his back against my belly. It felt so weird. I had to pull my clothes off my belly, it felt like the skin was gonna pop, lol! Oh, and last night I had a book on my belly and it started bouncing! I can't believe Dan is never around when that happens! Ben's felt the baby move when he's been sitting in my lap, but Dan still hasn't felt a thing. Oh well, there's still time

OK, I really have to finish up here and get back to bed. Hope you all have a great Friday!!

Robin~ single, work-at-home momma to my WonderBoys
YoungMan (6/00) & LittleBoy (6/04)
#75 of 97 Old 03-26-2004, 10:16 AM

Everyone seems to be doing so well . Queenie, if you were about 80 pounds heavier, evenly spread all over, and a little bit shorter that's what my belly looks like. : It's cute and perfectly round like that, but everything's got an extra layer of padding. :LOL At my last appointment, I had only lost one pound bringing my wieght to -37. No need for envy here, either, as I was a fat person to begin with and still am. I would love to only gain 15 pounds, but I'm pretty sure that won't happen. If I follow the pattern I did with Eli, I'll gain about 45 pounds (net gain of 10). It would be nice to end up lower than where I started, though. :LOL

This week lots of people have felt a need to point out to me that Eli is tiny. Gee, I hadn't noticed, I thought it was normal to wear a 12 month size when you were 16 months old. : My sister's friend's nephew is 3.5 months old and apparently couldn't fit into Eli's clothing to save his life; he's about an inch and a half shorter than Eli's 30" and at least 3 or 4 pounds heavier than Eli. (20#). It's getting to the point where people really flip out when he talks, because even though he looks and carries himself like an older baby, he's so tiny that they just don't expect to hear words coming out of him. :LOL I find it amusing at this point, but Ifeel vaguely offended when people assume he was a preemie for some reason... I think it's because of the stigma deal.

At any rate, all of the people who would be asking me for hand-me-downs can't have them, because their babies are the same size as Eli, if not bigger. :LOL So in a few weeks, hopefully I'll get a box of summer clothes from my brother & nephew and I won't have to worry too much about that stuff.

I am not feeling a resurgence of the doldrums at this point, but I have felt a renewed urge to nest. I've spent every free moment of the past few days trying to clean, and failing miserably most of the time. (I'm a really poor housekeeper : ) After I get depressed at my failure, or my sciatica starts to get really bad, I sit down with Eli to nurse and I do some needlework. NewBean's sampler is coming along nicely. Now if only I knew whether I'm having a boy or a girl... my mother thinks boy, and I lean that way sometimes, but whenever I try to picture NewBean I see a girl of 3 or 4.

Oh! about under bra itchiness: I had this for a long time starting late in pregnancy with Eli. I thought it was because my bras didn't fit because of my ribcage expanding, but that wasn't it. Then I thought it was my belly rubbing but that was only part of the problem. It turned out to be a yeast infection. It went away entirely with very simple treatment: After I got out of the shower, I'd dry very throroughly under my breasts and then I'd spray them with antifungal powder spray. The itching and burning cleared up in no time! I had to keep using it while I was dripping milk, but I stopped when Eli was about 6 months old. I'm not saying that's what's up for sure, but it's something to think about!

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#76 of 97 Old 03-26-2004, 10:24 AM

I think I have an exceptionally active baby... I feel it move all day and night, DH feels it move almost every time he puts a hand on my tummy, my sis feels it almost every day, too. The ONLY time its quiet is from the time I get up until I have breakfast, all I usually get then is a couple little kicks. The rest of the day its rolling and stretching and kicking and twisting...

My tummy seems to be getting upset quite easily... especially if I eat too much. I guess there's just not much room left. Overall, though, I really can't complain. I've been a bit worried about blood pressure during pregnancy - hypertention runs in my family - but my BP was actually down at my appointment this week. It wasn't high to begin with, its just usually a bit higher at the doctor's office than at home. I blame that on the fact that they weigh you just a minute before taking BP -I'm always so freaked about my weight that I go into panic mode! But my hands are started to get swollen more often, which means I have to wear my rings on a necklace and I feel like a big puffy pregnant woman.

#77 of 97 Old 03-26-2004, 10:56 AM

At 27 weeks, I've gained 20lbs, I was really hoping not to gain this much but, oh well.

I PASSED MY 1HR GTT!! I'm sooo happy!! I was really worried b/c I was so much overweight when I conceived and also diagnosed with IR, it's such a load off! I know it's silly but I feel like I can really enjoy the rest of the pregnancy. No more tests till the GBS!

Definately suffering from can't-deal-with-stuff syndrome! I was just thinking yesterday that I feel like I can't cope with even the smallest thing. I went to the dentist, who is supposed to be treating me for free because of the medicaid (but only while I'm pregnang) and forgot my medicaid card, so they couldn't treat me. I just broke down into tears. It didn't seem like something I needed to cry about but I felt like going back home and staying in bed for the rest of the day. I try to do things and I can't seem to actually accomplish anything. 'sigh'
#78 of 97 Old 03-26-2004, 11:03 AM

Queenie, I know what you mean about getting weighed right before they take your BP! I also get so nervous that my BP will be high that I think it will go up. This happened during my last pregnancy. It would be a little on the high side at the beginning of the appt., and I would ask them to try again after my appt. It was always fine, even low, then. Finally they just started taking my BP at the very end of my appt. They were totally fine with that. I'm sure they would do the same for you if you asked.
#79 of 97 Old 03-26-2004, 11:07 AM

Thanks for the tip, Susan! I'll ask for that next time!

#80 of 97 Old 03-26-2004, 11:47 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
i am 30 weeks (i think?) and ive gained 13-15 pounds. of course i lost 12 in the first trimester. so i have mostly just gained it back... very different from my last pregnancy. i gained 40 pounds over the pregnancy..though, i can see myself gaining alot over these next 10 weeks because i am eating SO MUCH lately!!!
i had such a small appitite until about 3-4 weeks ago..now its GROWING ALOT...i sit down to a full breakfast and then start peeking around in the fridge for something else to snack on.. all the weight gain happened in the last 2 months.

i cant remember who suggested going to target for a dresser (and its not on this page so i cant just scoll down : ) but - yes i have seen those and i really like them, i actually kept a ad for one for a couple of weeks, but lost it in the move.. i wish we had 100$ bucks to spend..we might next month, but fist on the list is a dining room table..
julie- i would love some of your extra supplies..my email is so messed up, can we talk over PMs ? i dont know why but whenever i do anything on my email it takes FOREVER and i am so not patient. :LOL

my friends supposed to ceom over with her digital camera today to take some belly pictures of me, then i can put up some new ones! my belly is definatly bigger!!

i hear you all about being in a foul mood, but i have had that the whole pregnancy! :LOL :LOL :LOL

mdcblog5.gif   Liz mama to DS 10, DSS 9, DD 6, DS 3, DD 2 , Aquila- dec 19th 2009 died at my homebirth, and....welcome Willow born 9-16-10 (9 weeks early)  nut.gif
#81 of 97 Old 03-26-2004, 12:39 PM

Well it finally happened last night, I tripped and fell down the stairs. I woke up at 3 am to the sound of the TV on and dso passed out on the sofa (not an uncommon thing, he was on call last night) So in my sleepie haze I slid down the last few steps, jammed my big toe (it still hurts ) and landed.... in the giant pile of laundry at the bottom. It was a nice soft landing, score one for messy houses.

So today my toe is all swollen and sore, but at least I can still walk on it.

Queenie, BP is always higher at the beginning of my appointment. My MWs were taking it almost as soon as I sat down. Then I had my appointment with my backup doc and spent 2 1/2 hours in the waiting room before going back. My blood pressure was significantly lower than it had been at any of my MW appointments. I mentioned it the next time I saw her and she took it at the end instead and it was nice and low.
#82 of 97 Old 03-26-2004, 02:01 PM

oops....
#83 of 97 Old 03-26-2004, 02:01 PM

you guys ROCK.

i miss being able to chat each day, but whenever i need a pick-me-up i come to this board and it ALWAYS makes me feel better. i was concerned with my weight gain...got the ol' eyebrow raise from the midwife...31 pounds at 27 weeks. but i FEEL good, so who cares!

we've been sanding and spackling and caulking up a storm at the new house...this weekend is our big painting party! even though the baby will sleep with us, my favorite room is the nursery...it's almost my new obsession.

anyone else been fantasizing about the birth itself? how it will go? is that unhealthy...i mean, of COURSE it's not going to go exactly as we think it will...

hope you all are feeling as rosy and round as i am today! my emotions can totally bi-polarize at the drop of a hat, so i'm MILKING this feeling for all it's worth!

and ceili, you BE CAREFUL, darling!

~laura
#84 of 97 Old 03-26-2004, 03:03 PM

Queenie - They don't really need your medicaid card at the dentist, they can call the office and verify that you are covered. I think they make arbitrary rules like that just so they can turn people away, since they know someone will forget. They don't have rules like that for people with private insurance.

You know what really bothers me are places that are always out of the kind of food I want! I went into this coffeeshop to get a yogurt smoothie and they were out of yogurt. OK, but they were right near a grocery store, they could have gone over and got some! I went back a few days later and they were still out.

Also, there was this Mexican restaurant and one day they were out of BEEF! How in the world can they let that happen? And again, why not send someone out to go get some? My dh used to work there back in his college days and one day he let them run out of rice.
#85 of 97 Old 03-26-2004, 03:07 PM

Laura,
I fantasize about the birth all the time. I did the same with dd and it turned out the way I'd always imagined it, but much faster! Last night I had a very vivid birth dream. I dreamed that I thought I was in labor, but wasn't sure so I checked my cervix. I estimated it to be about 3cm. So I decided to go on in to the hospital. When I arrived, I was 6cm and I asked to get in the tub. I got in the tub and shortly after my ds was born. I didn't even have to push, he just came right out! He was an ugly little thing though! Of course I thought he was cute, but really, he was ugly! I think if I make it to the hospital in time I will definately try to have a water birth. With dd, she was starting to crown when we got there. There wasn't even time to fill the tub up!
#86 of 97 Old 03-26-2004, 05:29 PM
Banned

I think it is fine to fantasize about the birth. I know it isn't going to be exactly the same, like when you fantasize about a vacation or something and know it won't be exactly like that, but I think it does help you know what you are looking for in the experience, yk? And visualizations are strong medicine. I really believe that your mind influences your body, so focusing on certain things can produce results. My birth fantasies tend to be vague, like a lot of my thoughts LOL, but with certain moments clear and precise. Very similar to my birth experience with Tain-most of it is a haze, but I remember the grain of the wood on a piece of furniture I was looking at when I was pushing, I remember the exact feeling of my best friend slipping her hand in mine when she arrived, I remember the color of the sunlight coming through the window as I looked at my sleeping newborn beside me in the bed. But I can't remember what his first outfit was! It's odd. This birth, I would love to give birth during a rainstorm. Last June we had hot mornings and by 2 pm or so we had rainstorms that cleared up in the evening. Whenever I imagine this birth, I see it during the day. I don't know why. It'd be nice, though, Tain was born in the middle of the night.

Rowan has turned, I think. He sure was doing a lot of weird stuff in there yesterday and I am pretty sure I felt feet at the top instead of the bottom. Honestly, I know I shouldn't worry about it and if he was doing lots of somersaults I wouldn't, but he was starting to settle into one position and that one was breech so I am glad to feel feet near my ribs.
#87 of 97 Old 03-26-2004, 05:43 PM

I have been kind of fantisizing about the birth because this week in our Bradley class our homework is to write our birthplan.

DH and I have been talking about our preferences, but when I sat to type it up this morning I got SO emotional. I can't believe how fast this pregnancy has gone and that we are weeks away from meeting our little one.

I had a mw apt. this morning so I brought my birth plan and asked her to read it. She smiled as she read it and said it all "looked good" and much of what we requested is her standard care.

Felt great to talk about it with her. Next week we go to tour the hospital. (I remember my first visit when she told us about the 30 week apt - hospital tour - and it seemed SOOOO far away...now here we are!! )

Oh and I passed my GD screening. Yay!

~Erin
#88 of 97 Old 03-26-2004, 05:44 PM

Hey!!!

<----- Where did THAT come from. I wonder.
#89 of 97 Old 03-26-2004, 11:05 PM

What a day. My two foster pups are sweethearts, but FOUR DOGS IS RIDICULOUS. I am lining up weekend visits with potential families - hopefully I'll start next week with my household back down to 7 mammals and one fetus.

And my ribs hurt. I'm growing again. Ouch.

Greaseball, I got your package and the Mimi dress is way cute. I am wearing it out to dinner with dh tonight - I told him that if he didn't get me away from all these dogs for a few hours, I was going to make chili con canine.
#90 of 97 Old 03-26-2004, 11:27 PM

Smithie, I feel your pain! In more ways than one! My two dogs have been driving me nuts. Bad weather has prevented our fence from being put up. My dogs really, really need a fenced yard to run and play in. Taking them on walks in the yard 6-8 times/day is taking its toll on me! My ribs have been hurting for days now. No matter how I position myself, they hurt! Hopefully the permanent families for the dogs will work out! Just to let you know, I DO love my dogs more than anything and they are wonderful. It just gets hard sometimes. I'm sure you feel the same way about yours.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page