implantation bleeding? or early AF? please help!!! - Mothering Forums
I'm Pregnant > implantation bleeding? or early AF? please help!!!
jee'smom's Avatar jee'smom 12:19 AM 09-18-2010
ok... when i was pg with my last dd, on 8 dpo, i had spotting in my underwear (looked like chocolate pudding... sorry for tmi!) it was one spot, nothing more. well, this month, on 7dpo, i wiped to find some blood. i was like "holy sh*t!!! i think this is implantation bleeding again!!!" so basically i thought i was pg, BUT the bleeding continued lightly for about 3-4 days (but enough to make me think it was a light af). so now i'm thinking that actually, i got my af a week early (i also was involved in something extremely stressful at the time- leaving my children for the first time ever to fly across the country to help my sister with her preemie twins-, which i hear that stress can bring on a period, as well as holding my sister's preemies, for 3 days straight, which may have brought on an af?.)

so, my question is: how many people got implantation bleeding that was like a mini-af? or how many people have gotten an af a full week early?

my dh and i are done having children, but are using only withdrawal, until i turn 40yo in 2 years, then we're going to talk about bc (YUCK!). i felt (***TMI***) him "pulse" inside of me on cd 10 (i usually ovulate on cd12), and then on cd 17 is when i started bleeding (i get af on cd 26). i took a pg test last week when this happened, but it was too early to tell, and it was a bfn. i'm going to go buy another test in the next couple of days, i'm just freakin out over here!!! why did i bleed so early in the month?!!!

thanks for your time!!! ANY comments would be so helpful!!!

jee'smom's Avatar jee'smom 12:37 AM 09-18-2010
ok, i just went to the bathroom, and there was a faint pink on the tp... wth?!!! today is cd 24, i should be getting my af tomorrow or the next day. (usually 26 day cycles). i'll see what tomorrow brings... i'll probably go buy a test tomorrow morning!

anyone ever had this happen before?! and been pg or not?!
Lady Lilya's Avatar Lady Lilya 11:07 AM 09-18-2010
I don't know, but I am watching for your updates!
larablue's Avatar larablue 11:57 AM 09-18-2010
Might be that your pregnant, might be that you were pregnant, but the beanie did not stick so you will get af tomorrow.

It might be that the bleeding was because the corpus luteum cyst had not yet clearly taken over to tell your body your pregnant, might have been longer implantation bleeding (although I doubt it, because that is usually really just spotting for a day).

Do a test and tell us all about it!
jee'smom's Avatar jee'smom 01:41 PM 09-18-2010
i've heard of people who have gotten af (or so they though), and it was really implantation bleeding. when asked about it, they did say that they thought it was just a light af.

i took a test this am, it was a bfn. BUT i'm not due for af until tomorrow. with my ds, i didn't get my bfp until days after my af was suppose to come... it kept coming up bfn for days! i'm taking another test in about 4 days. if it comes up negative, then i guess it was just an early af... weird.

and i'm not bleeding right now. it was just a couple of wipes of light pink last night. that's it.
Lady Lilya's Avatar Lady Lilya 03:07 PM 09-18-2010
I'm inclined not to think of it in terms of when you expect AF, but rather how many days since the possible conception.

What I mean is, if you had a wonky cycle, you can't really know when to expect AF. If you ovulated at a strange time, you gotta count your luteal phase based on how many days since the actual ovulation.

So, which day do you think you possibly conceived, and how long ago was that?

How many days post-conception can a test usually pick it up? I'm thinking that if you found in the past that your levels weren't high enough to be picked up until a few days past the expected AF, then we are talking about around 18-20 days post-conception. So which date would be 20 days past the possible conception date?
jee'smom's Avatar jee'smom 12:26 AM 09-19-2010
the possible conception date was sunday sept 5th. that would've been the 12th day of my cycle. (my first two were conceived the 13th day of my cycle and my third, the 14th day.) so if i felt him pulse inside of me, and sperm can live inside for up to 3 days (more likely 2), then it's conceivable (no pun intended), that i may have gotten pg. with ds's pg, i didn't test positive until several days after af was due. so if af is due tomorrow, sun the 19th (the 26th day of my cycle), then i'm thinking by tuesday morning, i should show positive, if i am pg.

i did hear of someone who got af one full week early though, so who knows... maybe i'm perimenopause... maybe it was holding the twins for 3 days straight... if i'm not pg, i'll just see what happens next month.
Kindermama's Avatar Kindermama 12:32 AM 09-19-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jee'smom View Post
the possible conception date was sunday sept 5th. that would've been the 12th day of my cycle. so if af is due tomorrow, sun the 19th (the 26th day of my cycle), then i'm thinking by tuesday morning, i should show positive, if i am pg.
We're on the exact same cycle--literally! If I'm preg, we conceived on my cd 12 (Sept 5th) and and AF is due tomorrow for me as well (26 day cycles). I tested yesterday and today and have super super faint lines on ICs. I won't say yay or nay until either AF shows herself or I get a real BFP! Only difference is, for me, I didn't have spotting until this past Thursday (Sept 16th/cd 23. I've had brown spotting,cramps, sore bbs, nausea & dizziness since then. I'm thinking the same as you--I'll know either way by Tuesday! AF or not!

Good Luck!

ps- that is exactly how I would describe the brown spotting I had as well!
jee'smom's Avatar jee'smom 01:14 AM 09-19-2010
how much spotting did you have? with dd2, i had one spot of chocolate pudding on my underwear. this time, i had reddish on the toilet paper, but brown on the panty liner for 3 days. how about you? and what do you mean by super faint lines? did you really see a line?! i took an ept (i hate ept... they need such a high level of hormone! but sil gave me 2 for free, so i took them), and it looked like a bfn, but when i tore it apart and looked really good at it, i see the faintest, faintest line, maybe it appears to be a phantom line, like the line of stuff they put on the paper. idk...

and how funny is that that we are on the same exact cycle?!!!
jee'smom's Avatar jee'smom 01:15 AM 09-19-2010
and who the hell am i kidding?!!! i'll never wait until tuesday to take the test! knowing me, i'll be poas tomorrow morning, and then if it's a bfn, going out and buying first response or something!
MaerynPearl's Avatar MaerynPearl 08:50 AM 09-19-2010
Quote:
sperm can live inside for up to 3 days (more likely 2)
Actually up to 7 days in rare instances, 5 in most.
Kindermama's Avatar Kindermama 11:27 AM 09-19-2010
Quote:
how much spotting did you have? and what do you mean by super faint lines? did you really see a line?!
Spotting started the day the cramps started. It was one spot of pink blood and if I wasn't inspecting the TP thinking AF just started 4 days early, I probably wouldn't have noticed. The next day same thing along with brown thick spotting later in the day. Had the brown thick spotting yesterday as well. After bd'ing this am, I spotted a tiny bit of pink too.

No AF this morning and I don't feel it coming. No headache. No tender cramps (just strong tightening in my uterus off and on). Negative test this morning (FRER and IC). I keep reading conflicting info about how soon after implantation you can get a positive urine HPT. Most say 4 days after implantation. If I did have implantation at all, it was Thursday for sure! The cramps were very intense and did not feel like AF cramps at all. No tenderness like I would get with AF--just powerful surges and tugging sensations. All of my symptoms started 24 hours later I'm keeping track of everything because if I'm not pregnant, I know that I can just ignore symptoms like this in future months.

I did see another line this morning on the IC-it showed up in two minutes and it's still there now that it's dried. It almost has a pink tinge to it but I'm not believing any line from now on unless it's obviously PINK!
Kindermama's Avatar Kindermama 11:27 AM 09-19-2010
Quote:
and who the hell am i kidding?!!! i'll never wait until tuesday to take the test! knowing me, i'll be poas tomorrow morning, and then if it's a bfn, going out and buying first response or something!
you and me both!
JonahRoo's Avatar JonahRoo 12:41 PM 09-19-2010
I had implantation bleeding that lasted almost a week. it wasn't as heavy as AF but i used a tampon thinking that it was AF. When I found out I was pregnant I thought that the implantation bleeding AF and then used that as my Day 1 of my cycle for that month. My 10 week ultrasound showed the baby was a few weeks older than what I thought was 10 weeks and the doc decided that what I thought was AF was definitely implantation bleeding putting the baby at 13 weeks old at that time.

Also, i was pregnant for 5 weeks in Feb and felt symptoms 1-2 days after conception. I know all the books say implantation happens 6-12 days after implantation and while that is probably true due to cells needing to divide in order to be ready to implant, my body responds right away to pregnancy. I feel tugs and pulls in my uterus, twinges in my breasts, and get bright blue veins on my chest almost right away.
jee'smom's Avatar jee'smom 12:53 PM 09-19-2010
wow jonahroo! so my light-staining on pantyliners for 3 days could be implantation bleeding?!

kindermama~ YOU SAW A LINE?!!!!!! if you saw a line, no matter how faint... it is positive!!!

i took an ept (the last free one sil gave me) this morning, and it was negative. i tore it apart and stared at it and couldn't see anything. BUT i just stared at it again (1/2 hr later), and i DO see a faint blue line. however i know that you cannot read them after 10 mins b/c of false positives (happened to me once!), so i can't get crazy just yet. (although the only time that happened to my friend, she was pg!) i'm buying 3 first response tests today and peeing on them today, tomorrow, and tuesday. crazy huh?!
Lady Lilya's Avatar Lady Lilya 04:04 PM 09-19-2010
Yeah, have your husband or one of your kids pee on it, and you'll have a line after a longer time.
MaerynPearl's Avatar MaerynPearl 04:49 PM 09-19-2010
Any blue dye test you cannot trust because of false positives. Here is a thread of a bunch of ladies first hand experiences with such. Some were extremely convincing. I chatted in TTC for about a year and half before I got pregnant and seriously? Some of them had me convinced, but those ladies were not pregnant. In some cases they didnt have even a chance of pregnancy.
jee'smom's Avatar jee'smom 06:25 PM 09-19-2010
thanks! yah, i hate ept, as the levels of hCG have to be too high to pick u. jsut used them b/c sil gave them to me. thanks for the heads up! i went out and bought first response just now. waiting 4 hrs to build up my urine, so i can go poas!
Lady Lilya's Avatar Lady Lilya 10:58 PM 09-19-2010
Keri, 4 hours have passed! What's the verdict?
jee'smom's Avatar jee'smom 12:02 AM 09-20-2010
bfn. and it is a first response- which tests up to 6 days before your af, so if it didn't show up now, i don't think i'm pg. oh well... at least i know!

funny, but the thought of being pg at first made me kind of panic... i feel content with what i have right now (that's not to say that i've always felt that i would welcome anything God gave me), but i was surprised that my first impulse was panic. but over the week, i guess i got used to the idea that i may be pg, and so now am a bit disappointed. ah... i'll get over it...
jee'smom's Avatar jee'smom 12:03 AM 09-20-2010
kindermama~ still routing for you!!! did you test again?!!!
Lady Lilya's Avatar Lady Lilya 01:30 AM 09-20-2010
Keri, sounds to me like your niece and nephew rubbed off on you a little.
~Demeter~'s Avatar ~Demeter~ 03:34 AM 09-20-2010
Quote:
bfn. and it is a first response- which tests up to 6 days before your af, so if it didn't show up now, i don't think i'm pg. oh well... at least i know!

funny, but the thought of being pg at first made me kind of panic... i feel content with what i have right now (that's not to say that i've always felt that i would welcome anything God gave me), but i was surprised that my first impulse was panic. but over the week, i guess i got used to the idea that i may be pg, and so now am a bit disappointed. ah... i'll get over it...
Keri, you could still be... I wouldn't throw in the towel until AF shows up. It sounds like it's possible you had an anovulatory cycle, I would pay attention to your signs over the next month... chart, loosely even so you can sense out your new normal.
Kindermama's Avatar Kindermama 10:16 AM 09-20-2010
Quote:
kindermama~ still routing for you!!! did you test again?!!!
I did and it was negative last night. AF showed up this morning. I'm not sad so no pity needed. I'm really open to whatever happens!!! It's been an interesting month with a whole new set of pre-AF symptoms but I'm chalking it all up to a homeopathic remedy I took just before this all started. The good thing is it worked because it took my migraine away and I didn't have any painful AF cramps when it started, plus no lethargy! I wouldn't mind this every month as long as I don't test until AF is missing! I sure wasted a lot of timing pining about this!
jee'smom's Avatar jee'smom 10:51 AM 09-20-2010
you and me both girl!!! i hate when that happens! most times i don't mind being pg or not pg, i just.need.to.know.NOW!!! and i'm SO glad that your migraines and cramping did not show up this month!

demeter~ i don't think af will show up, as i think when i bled, it was an early af. i agree, i'm going to watch this month and see what my fertility signs are. i'm betting i just got af early b/c of holding my sisters twins 24/7 for 3 days and the stress of leaving my children for the first time.
Up