What were your symptoms at 5 & 6 weeks? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-20-2010, 08:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Went in to see a nurse at the local health department and told her all my symptoms and that my last period was really funky and not normal and how I wasnt able to get any + hpts with my chemical pregnancy and was only able to confirm pregnancy via blood test and she told me that 1- there was no such thing as a chemical pregnancy and that I was basically never pregnant (I wanted to punch her in the face)... and that they would only test me if I had missed more than two periods in a row completely.... If I am indeed pregnant and get lucky enough to miss the next three periods and not have any bleeding during the pregnancy then I will be around 20 weeks by the time they get around to seeing me and confirming the pregnancy! I am so mad... but there isnt a thing I can do but wait

I hate being ignored...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2010, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDivineMrsM View Post
I didn't have any, really - I was just exhausted.
Pretty much this for this pregnancy. Mild nausea and HUNGRY.

For DS throwing up 2x daily.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamsV88 View Post
Went in to see a nurse at the local health department and told her all my symptoms and that my last period was really funky and not normal and how I wasnt able to get any + hpts with my chemical pregnancy and was only able to confirm pregnancy via blood test and she told me that 1- there was no such thing as a chemical pregnancy and that I was basically never pregnant (I wanted to punch her in the face)... and that they would only test me if I had missed more than two periods in a row completely.... If I am indeed pregnant and get lucky enough to miss the next three periods and not have any bleeding during the pregnancy then I will be around 20 weeks by the time they get around to seeing me and confirming the pregnancy! I am so mad... but there isnt a thing I can do but wait

I hate being ignored...

sorry to hear that. i hate being ignored also! good luck!!!

Keri ~ Wife to dh Mommy to dd 11 whistling.gif ds 9 bouncy.gif  dd 6 1/2 kid.gif 
Old 09-23-2010, 11:36 AM

At 5-6 weeks I think it was a stuffy nose, feeling feverish, some food aversion, strange taste in mouth (sort of metallic, especially on the inside of my lower lip), and general "weird" feeling around stomach area.

First child born March 2011.  Constantly in awe!
Old 09-23-2010, 12:07 PM

Absolutely exhausted.
Absolutely starving.
Breast tenderness
Acne on my face (with the first two, not with the third)
Old 09-23-2010, 12:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jee'smom View Post
sorry to hear that. i hate being ignored also! good luck!!!
Thank you. I have between a 5-12 day (including today) period where I should be expecting to have (or not have) AF.... after that I am going to go get a blood test elsewhere... I found a place that will do it for $39. Hopefully they are quick about getting the results back because I want to know asap lol.
Old 09-23-2010, 06:39 PM

5 weeks= Sore nipples, some very slight underlying dizziness, having to pee a lot

6 weeks= full blown nausea, fatigue (this is based on my other two pregnancies. I'd rather not repeat those symptoms this time.)

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

Old 09-24-2010, 02:39 PM

I'm also in my 5th week now. I was also pregnant in April and remember having VERY sore breasts, but nothing like that now. I'm also in MUCH better shape physically this time. I took a pilates class yesterday and felt GREAT! I think the exercising is really helping me feel better. I'm also hula hooping, which is very interesting. I'm not sure I'll be able to do it all the time, but I like feeling my baby while I'm exercising.

My appetite has certainly grown and at about 2 or 3pm each day I MUST HAVE A NAP. I've had a little trouble sleeping through the night since I'm peeing more often. I also have some pain here and there in my pelvis/abdomen, but otherwise not much yet. Still SOOOOO EXCITED

Joyfully married to my luv (6/7/09) blowkiss.gif / Early loss at 11w3d w/ Minerva (6/23/10) angel1.gif / Beautiful breech homebirth.jpg w/ Aurora Jan (5/29/11) / Due with our son in April 2014
Old 09-24-2010, 06:17 PM

I had mild breast tenderness, but that's it.

User Tag List