Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
^^^^^ Question is in the title lol
#2 of 39 Old 09-19-2010, 09:44 AM

I was vomiting by then. But I vomited pretty early at both pregnancies. Not sure of other symptoms because vomiting was the most disruptive.

Mommy to 2 beautiful girls dust.gif4/07 and babyf.gif1/11
#3 of 39 Old 09-19-2010, 10:07 AM

I felt so terrible all the time I was getting depressed and regretting getting pregnant. I was asleep most nights by 7pm. I was also very emotionally reactiv. I did not throw up though.

And it all went away.
#4 of 39 Old 09-19-2010, 10:13 AM

I didn't have any, really - I was just exhausted.

Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light. ~Dylan Thomas

<3 LBM <3 AHM <3

#5 of 39 Old 09-19-2010, 10:15 AM

with DS, nothing except a missed period, HG kicked in around 7-8 weeks

with DD, full blown morning sickness some days, nothing others.

with this little girly... nausea that felt like i was going to vomit but didnt actually vomit until 7-8 weeks, horrible fatigue, bloating, cramping and tender breasts, increased sense of smell... but this girly has a different daddy too and they say that makes a huge difference (it seems to, NOTHING like my other pregnancies!)

pretty much anything within the realm of normal is normal... from nothing to every symptom under the sun or any combination thereof.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#6 of 39 Old 09-19-2010, 10:41 AM

Not much of anything at all, apart from moderately sore breasts and sleepiness. Some occasional, mild lower back cramping.

Fiction writer by training, writer/editor of anything anyone will hire me for by trade. Me + D=my girls E (4/2011) and little N, 1/2014.

#7 of 39 Old 09-19-2010, 10:49 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
So that's like a week after AF was due, right? I that case I had few symptoms then. Maybe a bit of feeling like I needed to keep my belly full, slightly fuller breasts, a bit of a bloated feeling, easier time falling a sleep for a nap. That's about all I can remember.

Mama to DD September 2001 and DD April 2011 *Winner for most typos* eat.gif
#8 of 39 Old 09-19-2010, 11:12 AM

Oh yeah, and occasional sharp/twingey pulling feelings around my uterus, particularly when I stood up. Those have continued but are lessening now.

Fiction writer by training, writer/editor of anything anyone will hire me for by trade. Me + D=my girls E (4/2011) and little N, 1/2014.

#9 of 39 Old 09-19-2010, 11:23 AM

Fatigue, mildy sore breasts and a change in appetite. I usually eat the same things over and over (PB on whole wheat toast, string cheese, apples plus whatever DH cooks for dinner), but early in this pregnancy none of my standard foods sounded good and it was always a struggle to find something that did. For about a week I had a handful of almonds and a couple squares of dark chocolate for my lunch every day.
#10 of 39 Old 09-19-2010, 11:42 AM - Thread Starter

I dont know if I AM pregnant or not yet, I have a strong feeling I am though... My HPTs with my last pregnancy (that ended in miscarriage) never showed up positive and I only found out via blood test that my hcg count was almost in the 50s. I was exhausted with that one and felt sick to my stomach at night.... with my first baby I was sick from the start and all that good stuff... with my second I had no symptoms until I was 9 weeks (then morning sickness and everything kicked in)... this time I had an odd short light, bright red extra watery "period" two weeks ago, it only lasted a day and then spotted the same stuff for two more days... since then I have had mild on again off again cramping every day, I have been extremely exhausted and have been taking naps when my girls do (which I never do)... I have an increase sense of smell and taste, creamy white cm every day, and yesterday I started peeing more than I normally do and my uterus started getting this heavy dull achy feeling all day long and this morning I had to take one of my reglan pills I had left over from my second pregnancy to keep myself from getting sick. I have an appointment tomorrow and I am going to ask for a blood test. Hopefully I will get one.

If I go off of my last NORMAL period then I would be 5 weeks and 5 days today, which would put my due date around May 16th.

Wish me luck!

(And I would still like to hear about everyone's symptoms so I can compare to mine... and yes, I know every pregnancy is different lol)
#11 of 39 Old 09-19-2010, 11:49 AM

For me slightly sore breasts, very tired and VERY HUNGRY!!
#12 of 39 Old 09-19-2010, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdentityCrisisMama View Post
So that's like a week after AF was due, right? I that case I had few symptoms then. Maybe a bit of feeling like I needed to keep my belly full, slightly fuller breasts, a bit of a bloated feeling, easier time falling a sleep for a nap. That's about all I can remember.
Same for me. I didn't think anything of it at the time, but in retrospect I was like, "Ah, that all makes sense now..."

#13 of 39 Old 09-19-2010, 12:06 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I was hungry. Everything else felt normal. I wasn't even tired but I was still 'coming down' emotionally from finding out that I was pregnant. I don't think I stopped smiling for weeks, lol.

This Mommy and Military Daddy are loving their son.
DS born Dec 2010 Pregnant with #2, having another !
#14 of 39 Old 09-19-2010, 12:12 PM

Nausea&vomiting. I'm 21 weeks and I have only had a handful of symptoms since (constipation and sore breasts).

Wife of an Airman Mom of Hayden(01-23-06), Vincent(10-26-08), and baby#3(due 01-29-11) Student Midwife&Birth Doula
#15 of 39 Old 09-19-2010, 01:03 PM

for my dd's... NOTHING. not one symptom. i thought i was getting my af, b/c i had some cramping. that's it. if it weren't for the fact that i never got my af, and then the bfp... i wouldn't even believe i was pg (several weeks later i got a food aversion with both and nausea with dd2 and then exhaustion).

with ds, i KNEW i was pg before i got my bfp b/c i developed pigmented spots on my upper lip and my uterus was buzzing (like a low-level current of electricity running through it). even though i kept getting bfn, i KNEW i was pg. i got my bfp several days after af was due.

never got breast tenderness (then again, i tandem nursed twice).

Keri ~ Wife to dh Mommy to dd 11 whistling.gif ds 9 bouncy.gif  dd 6 1/2 kid.gif 
#16 of 39 Old 09-19-2010, 01:31 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
@ 5wks, no real symptoms besides my breasts feeling "tingly" at times. @ 6wks, though, full-blown all-day nausea.

SAH dissertating mama femalesling.GIF to my sweet little boy (2/2009)
and his rainbow1284.gif baby brother (7/2011)
#17 of 39 Old 09-19-2010, 01:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jee'smom View Post
for my dd's... NOTHING. not one symptom. i thought i was getting my af, b/c i had some cramping. that's it. if it weren't for the fact that i never got my af, and then the bfp... i wouldn't even believe i was pg (several weeks later i got a food aversion with both and nausea with dd2 and then exhaustion).

with ds, i KNEW i was pg before i got my bfp b/c i developed pigmented spots on my upper lip and my uterus was buzzing (like a low-level current of electricity running through it). even though i kept getting bfn, i KNEW i was pg. i got my bfp several days after af was due.

never got breast tenderness (then again, i tandem nursed twice).
I am nursing now as well... did your milk come in a little stronger? My boobs feel slightly fuller and my let down has become stronger as well. Its uncomfortable to sleep on my tummy now because of how uncomfortable my boobs are.
#18 of 39 Old 09-19-2010, 04:41 PM

Menstrual-style cramps, and my abdomen hurt like crazy when I sneezed or coughed. Also, I was exhausted. Started taking naps daily.
#19 of 39 Old 09-19-2010, 05:28 PM

no, i never noticed anything different with my breasts, except that i lost my milk by the second month or so. dry-nursed for the rest of the pg, then tandemed. got pg for the third time, tandemed through that pg, thought i would triandem, but #1 weaned when she saw the milk come out after baby was born... thought it was gross. LOL! so then tandemed the next two.

Keri ~ Wife to dh Mommy to dd 11 whistling.gif ds 9 bouncy.gif  dd 6 1/2 kid.gif 
#20 of 39 Old 09-19-2010, 06:18 PM

I am 5 weeks now and I am getting a few symptoms. Really tender and sore breasts, tired ALL the time, very little nausea in the morning, major cramping and Ive been peeing a lot more. But this is my first pregnancy so I say BRING IT ON
#21 of 39 Old 09-19-2010, 06:26 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
no, i never noticed anything different with my breasts, except that i lost my milk by the second month or so. dry-nursed for the rest of the pg, then tandemed. got pg for the third time, tandemed through that pg, thought i would triandem, but #1 weaned when she saw the milk come out after baby was born... thought it was gross. LOL! so then tandemed the next two.
You are my hero. I want to nurse through my pregnancy (if I am in deed pregnant now) but I dont know if I will be able too with how high risk it will be. I will cry so hard so bad if I have to wean my daughter before she wants to. She is 10 1/2 months old (9 months adjusted) and is a boobie addict still. She wont take a bottle or a sippy... she only wants boob 100% of the time.
#22 of 39 Old 09-19-2010, 06:26 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Relentless, overwhelming nausea. And some increased tiredness.

Mother of two spectacular girls, born mid-2010 and late 2012  mdcblog5.gif

#23 of 39 Old 09-19-2010, 06:29 PM

Fatigue, light cramping and weird cravings. I have an appitite until about 8 weeks...then I get nauseous

Meghan : Kayla~ 10/19/04 Jack~ 5/27/07
Evelyn~ 10/9/10

#24 of 39 Old 09-19-2010, 06:35 PM

Gas. Horrible unrelenting gas.

And I was working retail at the time at the Vitamin Shoppe.

Can you imagine?

rainbow1284.gif Mama to DD1 (6) DD2 (4) and DD3 (1)
#25 of 39 Old 09-19-2010, 06:36 PM

I was mostly sleepy, I lost some weight too, but didn't have any nausea or anything else.
#26 of 39 Old 09-19-2010, 07:08 PM

I was starving all the time and had diarrhea.
#27 of 39 Old 09-19-2010, 07:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindyCityMom View Post
Gas. Horrible unrelenting gas.

And I was working retail at the time at the Vitamin Shoppe.

Can you imagine?
lol that is too funny I have been gassy a little more too. Its embarrassing. I am lucky Im not a photographer anymore and am now a sahm lol
#28 of 39 Old 09-19-2010, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamsV88 View Post
You are my hero. I want to nurse through my pregnancy (if I am in deed pregnant now) but I dont know if I will be able too with how high risk it will be. I will cry so hard so bad if I have to wean my daughter before she wants to. She is 10 1/2 months old (9 months adjusted) and is a boobie addict still. She wont take a bottle or a sippy... she only wants boob 100% of the time.
it's really not high-risk to nurse through pg (read kelly mom). your uterus doesn't have many oxytocin receptors until the end of pg, and the receptors that are there do not have a high affinity for oxytocin anyway, until the end. (let me just say that i'm an anatomy and physiology college professor... teaching nurses, doctors, etc., as well as i researched this ALOT because...)

i researched this alot because i went into preterm labor with my first at 29.5 weeks. i have an irritable uterus, contract all of the time. was on strict bed rest for almost 6 weeks. had her at 35 weeks. anyway, i really did not want to wean her, but everything i read said that b/c of my history of preterm labor, i really should, so i decided to "play it by ear". i slowly weaned her down to several to many times/day (just not all of the time- she'd live on my breast if she could!) by the second trimester. (just in case i really had to wean her, i didn't want it to be cold turkey, yk?). i noticed that nursing her did not cause me to have hard contractions, or more frequent contractions. as a matter of fact, sex caused horrible contractions for me, and i kept doing that (although had to slow down, as the contractions got too intense). anyway, i hid it from my ob until one day i was there for an exam and was nursing my dd, never expecting the doctor to come in so soon. he saw me and i started to stammer that it truly did not cause me to have horrible contractions, and i felt safe doing it, and he stopped me and said "oh that?! that's not going to do anything to put you into labor... go on and nurse if you want to!" i was so relieved!

all of that to say... in my opinion... listen to your body. you'll know if it's not right for you (i think! and if you feel that i'm full of s**t and want to listen to your doctor, go ahead and do that too. i don't know you or your medical history!)

#29 of 39 Old 09-20-2010, 10:36 AM

Nausea and vomiting.

We think greenearth.gif  Gentle mama to 3 amazing kiddos. Rainbow.gif Recovering from religion. heartbeat.gif

LIFEschooling. upsidedown.gif Extended NAKing. winner.jpg Graduated cloth diaperer. cd.gif

#30 of 39 Old 09-20-2010, 11:01 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
it's really not high-risk to nurse through pg (read kelly mom). your uterus doesn't have many oxytocin receptors until the end of pg, and the receptors that are there do not have a high affinity for oxytocin anyway, until the end. (let me just say that i'm an anatomy and physiology college professor... teaching nurses, doctors, etc., as well as i researched this ALOT because...)

i researched this alot because i went into preterm labor with my first at 29.5 weeks. i have an irritable uterus, contract all of the time. was on strict bed rest for almost 6 weeks. had her at 35 weeks. anyway, i really did not want to wean her, but everything i read said that b/c of my history of preterm labor, i really should, so i decided to "play it by ear". i slowly weaned her down to several to many times/day (just not all of the time- she'd live on my breast if she could!) by the second trimester. (just in case i really had to wean her, i didn't want it to be cold turkey, yk?). i noticed that nursing her did not cause me to have hard contractions, or more frequent contractions. as a matter of fact, sex caused horrible contractions for me, and i kept doing that (although had to slow down, as the contractions got too intense). anyway, i hid it from my ob until one day i was there for an exam and was nursing my dd, never expecting the doctor to come in so soon. he saw me and i started to stammer that it truly did not cause me to have horrible contractions, and i felt safe doing it, and he stopped me and said "oh that?! that's not going to do anything to put you into labor... go on and nurse if you want to!" i was so relieved!

all of that to say... in my opinion... listen to your body. you'll know if it's not right for you (i think! and if you feel that i'm full of s**t and want to listen to your doctor, go ahead and do that too. i don't know you or your medical history!)
Wow! Thats crazy. I went into PTL with my first at 35 weeks and they managed to stop it and I managed to go to 39 weeks. With my second I started to dilate at 13 weeks and efface at 19 weeks and I went into PTL for the first time at 24 weeks. I was on Procardia from then on to stop or slow down my contractions I had every day... even at that I still had to go to the hospital and have them stop my labor 6 more times during the pregnancy. I had to have fetal fibronectin tests done every two weeks. I had to have the steroid shots at 30 weeks. I was on moderate bed rest from 13-19 weeks and then strict bed rest from 19 weeks until they couldnt stop my labor anymore at 34 weeks. When my OB thought I was still nursing my firstborn during my second trimester (she heard me and my SO talking about nursing our new baby that I was pregnant with) she flipped out and told me that I better NOT be nursing anymore because it could send me into labor. I was put on pelvic and bed rest at 13 weeks.... so IDK.... My third pregnancy ended in miscarriage around 4-5 weeks.... so my history isnt too good so far. But I really dont want to stop nursing so I think I will go with my gut and play it by ear and keep it to myself like what you did and see what happens with my body.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page