Developing allergy to bra while pregnant?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-20-2010, 02:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Both of my bras recently started making me itch terribly. Its only only the bottom and the area that gets close to the armpits. Both my bras are synthetic fabric, but have never bothered me before. I haven't changed the detergent I use or anything else. Is it possible to develop allergies just because of pregnancy?

Blessed helpmeet to my man, mama to Cody, Sarai & newly born Rebekah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2010, 02:40 PM

You know I had a pair of socks that did that this morning, and my wedding ring. For me I think it's things that are tight, if it presses too much against my skin it makes me itchy with little hives.

treehugger.giftrekkie.gif married to Mikestillheart.gif Mama to my furry babies cat.gifjust gave birth to our first babyf.gif DS.

Old 09-20-2010, 02:40 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
umm... I think it is possible for your skin to become much more sensitive, but more likely it's just chafing due to size changing (or, if it gets too bad, a yeast infection).

I live in dfw too, and it's been really humid lately. i some how only have an issue with this during pregnancy, but I searched, and it's a really common problem. I suggest gold bond or some other powder.

Texmati-- Knitter, Hindu, vegetarian, WOHM. Wife to superdadsuperhero.gif and mom to DS babyf.gif24 months, and DD boc.gif 8 months! .

Old 09-20-2010, 03:13 PM

Interesting question. I am 22 weeks pregnant and have type 1 diabetes and wear a continuous glucose monitor. I started to develop an allergy to the adhesive on my monitor around 14 weeks. Now I get itchy red hives under my monitor. I had no problem pre-pregnancy and early pregnancy, but it may just be an exposure issue rather than a pregnancy issue per-se.

I would get it looked at to make sure it is not yeast, I lived in Florida for a long time and it was more common to get YI along the bra lines there due to the humidity.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:37 PM

I had this, Dr said it was a skin infection, and she gave me some cream that cleared it right up.

I noticed I get more sweaty while pregnant, and I think that area just was staying perpetually damp.
Old 09-20-2010, 05:01 PM - Thread Starter

I hadn't even considered that it might be yeast or an infection, so I'll check into those. Thank you for your helps, mamas!!!

Blessed helpmeet to my man, mama to Cody, Sarai & newly born Rebekah

User Tag List