Cute things our partners say - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 25 Old 09-24-2010, 07:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We have a horrible advice thread, how about cute things said by our partners?

For instance, my DH has read The Birth Partner and is SO proud of showing off what he has learned... that last night he said "Well, since shes so late, she will probably be born without much vernix, huh?"

And then got a huge smile on his face, so proud of himself for using a word that, to him, is so obscure... but using it correctly.

Of course, its not a given that she will not have much vernix just because she is late... its more likely that she will not have much because neither of my other two did.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#2 of 25 Old 09-24-2010, 10:04 AM

I have a cute one that wasn't my partner but my DD. We have Dr. Sear's books for siblings and on one page the older siblings are making cookies with grandma while mom and dad are gone having the baby. She is SOOO excited to do this that she tried to push me (literally) out of my mom's house to "Go hospital, have Baby James. I make cookie with Bubba (grandma)."

SAHM to Codi 1/12/08, James 11/3/10 and Connor 4/10/13 with our own personal Superhero DH/daddy

#3 of 25 Old 09-24-2010, 10:31 AM

I'll never forget while we were waiting for our first little one. Of course labor and delivery was very much on both of our minds as the due date approached. In the middle of one night I felt my hubby rubbing my back. I was sleepily thinking how strange it was that he was giving me a back massage at that time of night. Then I heard him say with concern: Theresa, you are having a really good contraction. I just kind of giggled and mentioned that he was touching my back not my belly!

Such a sweetie!
Theresa
#4 of 25 Old 09-24-2010, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedwith7 View Post
Then I heard him say with concern: Theresa, you are having a really good contraction. I just kind of giggled and mentioned that he was touching my back not my belly!

Such a sweetie!
Theresa
sounds like something my dh would do

yesterday dh told me, 'aww you finally look pregnant'...not sure if that is cute or not??

Lisa, wife to Jacob, mom to DS Ryan (4), DD Clover (2.5) and DD Mae (born 2/3/2011)
#5 of 25 Old 09-24-2010, 12:31 PM - Thread Starter

Its definitely better than saying Wow! You are getting big!

So Id have to say yes, cute! lol

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#6 of 25 Old 09-24-2010, 12:49 PM

My husband has taken to calling me "You Guys."

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#7 of 25 Old 09-24-2010, 02:17 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Yesterday we were talking about how happy we are this pregnancy has gotten so far after two losses in the past year and then he said "We'll have to give this baby lots of syrup when they're born." I went and then he clarified "Because it's such a sticky baby!" A little awkward, yes, but completely adorable!

Mama to DS1 (12/07), DS2 (4/11), and DD (6/22/14)
Finally diagnosed with APS after 3 s (11/09, 3/10, 7/13)
#8 of 25 Old 09-24-2010, 02:18 PM

my DH has taken to telling me that i'm very lovely every morning before work for the last few days....

ds1 is full of sweet things for the baby... yesterday I was telling him he can talk to the baby by talking to mommy's tummy.. " mommy she's in the dark place like a circle and you can't hear when it's dark" he eventually did put his head on my bell and say " hi baby you be a gurl, and be my sister. I'm your bigger brother D*****"

SAHM to D ( 10/06 ) A (10/08) & C (03/11)
#9 of 25 Old 09-24-2010, 02:24 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
DH has told our LO that 'if he comes out before Daddy comes home he's going to be grounded'. (DH is going to be with the army in California until 39 weeks.)

This Mommy and Military Daddy are loving their son.
DS born Dec 2010 Pregnant with #2, having another !
#10 of 25 Old 09-24-2010, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen View Post
This is my favorite! Sounds like something my DH would say!

He just tells me he can't wait for me to get a little pudgy. Right before I got pregnant I spent a couple of months losing 10 pounds, and now he wants me pudgy again! Aack!
#11 of 25 Old 09-24-2010, 06:11 PM

We've decided that our first baby's gender should be a surprise. However, I've always had an inkling that this baby is a girl and have mentioned it now and then. DH however, has been adamant that he doesn't have a clue either way.

The other night we were laying down in bed, and he was talking to the baby with his head on my belly. As the baby kicked away, he sighed and with a goofy smile on his face said, "Yeah....I think this is my little girl in here."

Gave me the warm fuzzies all over for some reason.

Kesi: 26 year old working mama geek.gif to DS babyboy.gif (8 months). Happily married! 

treehugger.gifRainbow.giffamilybed1.gifnocirc.gif

#12 of 25 Old 09-24-2010, 06:20 PM

Quote:
love it

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.
#13 of 25 Old 09-24-2010, 06:34 PM

He asks the baby what we're hungry for, lol. He used to insist I eat certain foods because 'James wants it' but he stopped doing that a few weeks ago when I convinced him the baby doesn't want chocolate pudding twice a day, every day.

#14 of 25 Old 09-25-2010, 01:55 PM

DH kisses the baby goodnight before we go to sleep. He plays the guitar for her after the MW and a book I was reading indicated that babies can hear some of the outside world. And he always tells me I'm beautiful.

Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light. ~Dylan Thomas

<3 LBM <3 AHM <3

#15 of 25 Old 09-25-2010, 02:09 PM - Thread Starter

oh yes babies definitely can hear... make sure he plays that guitar lots, it will likely keep baby calm when baby comes!

#16 of 25 Old 09-25-2010, 02:34 PM

DD likes to tell the baby good morning and say hello to it. I also have the Dr. Sears books - love them - and it mentions baby can hear and that is when she starting doing it.

She just says things in the sweetest/cutest little voice when she is talking to the baby - I love!

Oh and with the Dr. Sears book there is a page where they show a kids plugging her nose to throw away a dirty diaper. So DD says fairly often that she will "never throw away a dirty diaper", but she says she will bring me a clean one.

I really look forward to seeing her as a big sister... she really is just made for that role.

Jcregan, Mom to DD 4yo. DS born 3/10/2011.winner.jpg  waterbirth.jpg   and trying cd.gif  for the first time.
#17 of 25 Old 09-25-2010, 03:10 PM - Thread Starter

LOL my DD says the same, she wont do dirty diaper duty, but she will bring me a clean/dry one, snappi and wipes when necessary! but thats fine, we are cloth diapering so dirty diaper duty is a bit more than just tossing it in the garbage

#18 of 25 Old 09-25-2010, 06:07 PM

When we hit ~20 weeks, DP started reading the Jungle Book to my belly, because he wanted the baby to know his voice.

And just last week we were driving quietly and suddenly he turned to me and said - "You know, I'm going to cry when we meet our little baby."

Feisty Feminist Mama: Breastfeeding, co-sleeping, babywearing, punkrock Fire-Dancer! I live to laugh, love, and create. And then blog about it. So in love with little Des! Born 11/25/10
#19 of 25 Old 09-25-2010, 11:34 PM

I love reading the sweet things DP/DH and kids say!

I was feeling suddenly huge and awkward the other day, and mentioned in passing that I felt like a whale. DH stopped me from walking away, kissed me, and said, "You ate the most beautiful whale I've ever seen!"

DS has named the baby (girl) "Little Chick" and talks to it often. (I talk back, calling him Big Bwuver). A couple of times he's said "I love you, Little Chick." to the belly.

Karen love.gif James -- DS drum.gif (2/07) DD baby.gif (11/05/10) angel1.gif (9/05) (10/09)
#20 of 25 Old 09-26-2010, 07:45 PM

Quote:
my husband still can't quite believe that i'm pregnant. i think he's waiting for the bump! but the other day, he said to me, "i love you guys."
#21 of 25 Old 09-26-2010, 10:18 PM

in the past week or so DH has finally gotten to feel some good kicks and i think i once said they were saying hi to him.....

so this morning in bed he turns himself at a complete 90 to me and very gently kicks my tummy with both feet, as i'm looking at him with shock, he innocently says "im just saying Hi back!"

i laughed so hard i thought i would pee the bed!

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#22 of 25 Old 09-26-2010, 10:37 PM

One day I was talking to my mom on the phone when the baby kicked me hard. When I told her that my 3 yo DD lifts up my shirt and says "No baby no!" It was so sweet. She also hugs my belly and sings to the baby. She said that when the baby comes out she will sing songs to him. I love that girl!
#23 of 25 Old 09-27-2010, 01:54 PM

I offered my 3yo DD a smoothie I made, and she scrumched up her nose and said "well.... does it have placenta in it?" I said nope, so she smiled and said "Ok!"

I have never given her placenta smoothie, and I only had one once, 6 months ago when dd2 was born and I was having some bleeding issues. I'ts crazy what they remember.
#24 of 25 Old 09-27-2010, 03:31 PM

I think he misses his Daddy... DH has been gone for a week and when the baby heard him talking (we met for lunch) he started kicking me like crazy. Its so amazing how he already knows who Daddy is.

#25 of 25 Old 09-29-2010, 10:17 PM

Let's see...when the baby was smaller (13-14 weeks) I went through a rough period, strained my round ligament and could hardly move. To cheer me up, DH would put his fingers a couple inches apart and then wiggle them back and forth, saying "Wiggle wiggle wiggle!", and make me grin.

Also, he doesn't get to see me nekkid much these days, because a) he's not around most weeknights because of work and b) I've been weaning the first and keeping the girls rigorously covered because of it. So a few weeks ago he actually got to see me undress, and was totally blown away by his "goddess figurine" and basically walked around (*ahem*) "at attention" for days afterwards and took every opportunity to pet his goddess figurine.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page