Cymbalta and Pregnancy - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 67 Old 09-23-2013, 10:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I was recommended to take Cymbalta again at the end of my pregnancy by both my psychologist and my obgyn. I wish I had never touched it and listened to them because when my daughter was born she had colic severely. She would cry 18 hours a day. That's not the worst of it. Now that my daughter is two, she's been diagnosed with autism. It breaks my heart.

#62 of 67 Old 11-21-2013, 06:32 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

This thread is so helpful!  I'm just starting Cymbalta (from Celexa) and feeling much better already, but I want to get pregnant soon and there's no end to the psych meds in the near future (I've been on some kind of SSRI for about 5 years).  When I expressed concern to my OB, she said that taking care of mama was the first thing...  What a relief!

I'm happy to hear all the comforting stories, though I empathize with those who have or are struggling.  Thank you all for sharing.

#63 of 67 Old 11-23-2013, 07:16 PM

I have read almost this entire thread from start to finish--which I don't think I've ever done before! I am newly pregnant with my second child and weaning off cymbalta. It has been really difficult, but I feel comforted by a community of women with similar experience--albeit a virtual community:). I forgot how lonely and worrisome the first few weeks of pregnancy can be!
#64 of 67 Old 01-03-2014, 01:54 PM

I also just read this entire thread and wished that I had stumbled across it during my first pregnancy!  I was on 30mg of Cymbalta during my first and breast fed for 12 months.  My daughter is now 2 years old and so far has been very healthy, has been in 100% of growth her entire life, and reaches milestones early.  I do hope there are no surprises around the corner.

I am now 28 weeks with my 2nd and have been on 60 mg of Cymbalta the entire pregnancy.  I started out on Lamotrigne and Ablify as well, but have been able to wean myself off those drugs earlier in my pregnancy.  I just picked up my prescription for Cymbalta and they started putting a label on the bottle that says "use in 3rd trimester could cause health problems"!  This freaked me out even though I have experience with my first pregnancy.  I am now on day 2 of no drugs.  I didn't realize during my first pregnancy what class C meant, now that I have done my research I don't want to subject my 2nd child to the drug.  My first could have been an exception and my second could be effected by the drug, so that is why I am going to try and stay off of it through the rest of my pregnancy and during breast feeding.  I am worried about my depression coming back and for PMD.  I appreciate hearing others experiences and stories on this forum!

#65 of 67 Old 07-25-2014, 07:27 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi everyone,

I am almost 5 weeks. I've weaned off everything except 60 mg cymbalta. I've been on it for over 6 years. I've tried multiple times to wean off but wound up having massive breakdowns each time. I know these posts are old but I would sincerely appreciate any updates from those of you who took it throughout, and those who tapered off. Please share. Thanks so much to everyone who has posted. Take care everyone!!
#66 of 67 Old 07-26-2014, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurrMomma View Post
Hi everyone,

I am almost 5 weeks. I've weaned off everything except 60 mg cymbalta. I've been on it for over 6 years. I've tried multiple times to wean off but wound up having massive breakdowns each time. I know these posts are old but I would sincerely appreciate any updates from those of you who took it throughout, and those who tapered off. Please share. Thanks so much to everyone who has posted. Take care everyone!!
Hi there, my baby girl is now 20 months old & absolutely perfect! She has reached all milestones & is absolutely thriving. There are no issues whatsoever!
I was on 90mg Cymbalta from 8 wks pregnant.
There was also no 'discontinuation symptoms' when she was born either. All that worrying for nothing!
Hope this helps.
Good luck 😉
#67 of 67 Old 07-26-2014, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawbs View Post
Hi there, my baby girl is now 20 months old & absolutely perfect! She has reached all milestones & is absolutely thriving. There are no issues whatsoever!
I was on 90mg Cymbalta from 8 wks pregnant.
There was also no 'discontinuation symptoms' when she was born either. All that worrying for nothing!
Hope this helps.
Good luck 😉
I should also mention (incase you haven't read my earlier posts) that I weaned off Cymbalta to fall pregnant. I was successfully off it & then fell pregnant pretty much straight away. At 6wks along I relapsed in a HUGE way. The docs initially put me on Zoloft which was terrible for me. I was then referred to a 'Perinatal Psychologist' who switched me straight back to Cymbalta. Thank goodness she did as I have no doubt my bub & myself wouldn't be here now otherwise.
I didn't want to be medicated whilst pregnant but for me it was essential & thankfully it all turned out wonderfully.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page