Anyone conceived before having ppaf? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 10-04-2010, 10:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
HI,
I didn't know which board this question would be appropriate at but thought since you gals are pregnant already I might find some inputs from here <mods, feel free to move this to appropriate board, if needed>.
I wanted to know if anyone have conceived before having post partum af back. What was the symptoms like? Did you have any ovulation symptoms or period symptoms before having af or just rolled into pregnancy??
TIA

~ Have a Blessed Day!
DS 6/2002, DD 5/2006, DS Feb 2009
familybed1.gifhomebirth.jpgtoddler.gifecbaby2.giffemalesling.GIFhomeschool.gif
#2 of 11 Old 10-04-2010, 11:34 AM

My friend did. I don't think she had any af symptoms--just pregnancy symptoms! She also weaned somewhat abruptly. I've heard that can often induce ovulation prior to af returning.
#3 of 11 Old 10-04-2010, 03:07 PM

My grandma did. She conceived 3 months PP (with baby #6) and she was breastfeeding at the time too. I don't think she had any symptoms of AF - the pregnancy was a total surprise.
#4 of 11 Old 10-04-2010, 05:58 PM

I got pregnant with #2 when #1 was 12 months old, and I never had a period between them. It was fantastic lol! Symptoms-wise, I was feeling crampy one day, thought I was getting my period back, then 10 days later I took a pregnancy test because I was feeling a bit yucky and tired, and it was positive. The crmaping was O I guess, but I really remember sitting in my moms livingroom complaining to her that I was totally getting my period back and it sucks big time because I have very painful periods.
#5 of 11 Old 10-04-2010, 06:11 PM

I am currently pregnant with my 2nd, I will be two years Dec since I've had a 'period'

I have some EWCM, but only one day and not even enough that I was positive what it was. Retrospectively, I was hornier than I had been, but I thought we were just getting back into a groove.

Pregnancy symptoms, I tested when I had been nauseous for 3 days. Its good I did because it stopped shortly after that. I tested at 8 weeks (according to ultrasound dating) I didn't have any more symptoms until heartburn, but ignorable and then just I have a belly.

Oh and some cravings, but thats normal me too

biggrinbounce.gifDS 10/09  sleepytime.gifDS 2/17/11 stork-suprise.gif Blessing #3 sometime 2/13

#6 of 11 Old 10-04-2010, 06:46 PM

My mom went 5 years without AF - had 3 kids, 2 with no PPAF in between!

Rachel, knit.gifwifey to 2twins.gif (3/06), tandem nursing mama toenergy.gif(7/08) & babyboy.gif (4/11) and missing brokenheart.gif (7/09, 2/10, 7/10) 
#7 of 11 Old 10-04-2010, 08:23 PM

I did with #3. I didn't have any symptoms of any kind, but I did found out fairly early. I had an IUD "prep" appointment that included a pregnancy test (which was negative). The next week, right before the actual IUD appointment, I took another test to be sure. I knew there had been a single day of non-b/c sex a few weeks prior and just wanted to be 100% certain before going in. That one came out positive!

My dds are 1y1m1d apart.

Carrie .. 
Raising a full house- Kings (12, 3, new) over Queens (8, 7)

#8 of 11 Old 10-05-2010, 09:35 AM

I did with #4. I didn't notice anything different and we had been trying for quite some time. I still nurse my 2.5 year old and I haven't had af since 2007!! Last time around, I nursed my daughter until she was almost 4 and got af at 18 months, so there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason with it.

I realized I was pregnant this time because I got SUPER tired and then the hyperemesis kicked in. My first test at the dr office came up negative when I was really almost 4 weeks along. The second, 4 weeks later, was positive and the dr was sure I was "just barely pregnant" and that my hyperemesis symptoms were in my head. Nice.

Jessica - Mom to DD (17), DD (15), DS (4), and DD (2)!

#9 of 11 Old 10-05-2010, 10:44 AM

Yes, my second baby was conceived that way. I felt pregnant but I had no reason to suspect that I was. I took a HPT and it came out negative. A couple weeks later I had what I thought was my first pp period. The next month I still had a feeling that I was pregnant so I took the second HPT that came in the pack, and it was positive. I went for an ultrasound a couple weeks later and I was three months pregnant.

ETA I didn't know much about charting at the time and I wasn't looking for fertility signs, so I really don't know if I had any or not.

DH & Me + DS(7)  DD(6)  DD(4)  DS(3)  DD(1)  

Baby #6: 20****25****30****35**heartbeat.gif** - EDD December 17, 2010
#10 of 11 Old 10-05-2010, 04:19 PM

Yep! I noticed some definite ovulation signs when DD was 15 months (still nursing like crazy). I felt some twinges near my ovaries one day and had tons of EWCM. DH and I decided to go for it, and 2 weeks later we got a BFP!
Pretty shocking considering DD was an ovulation induction/IUI baby. (I never ovulated on my own before having her.)

Me,fly-by-nursing2.gif wife to DH familybed2.gif , SAHM to DD (4/26/09) and DS (4/9/11) h20homebirth.gif cd.gif

#11 of 11 Old 10-05-2010, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allical1284 View Post
Yep! I noticed some definite ovulation signs when DD was 15 months (still nursing like crazy). I felt some twinges near my ovaries one day and had tons of EWCM. DH and I decided to go for it, and 2 weeks later we got a BFP!
Pretty shocking considering DD was an ovulation induction/IUI baby. (I never ovulated on my own before having her.)
Hey me too. Almost, we tried a natural cycle with O induction and ultrasound monitoring to make sure clomid worked.

I was shocked with this one! but very very happy, maybe DS 'fixed' me?

biggrinbounce.gifDS 10/09  sleepytime.gifDS 2/17/11 stork-suprise.gif Blessing #3 sometime 2/13

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page