~*~ The BSL Graduate/Stalking Thread - Oct/Nov/December~*~ - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 192 Old 10-05-2010, 12:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome to the OCTOBER/NOVEMBER/DECEMBER Thread Mamas!!
Looking forward to adding some of our BSLs to the list over here this month!

This is a spinoff of the Bitter Sushi Ladies Thread over on the TTC board. Some of us have very happily made it to the "other side" and we want to be able to keep track of each other.

Our fellow BSL's that are still on their TTC journey like to check up on us from time to time too - which we really appreciate - since they continue to be in the midst of a sometimes brutal and just "NOT FAIR" TTC journey...

~Our December Baby!~

Congrats to QBear'smama and Welcome Jack Everett

Born on December 17th, 9lbs 2.5 oz, 22 inches long

~Our November Babies!~

Congrats to KellyTTC#1 and Welcome Hilary and Charlotte

Born on November 11th, Hilary (6 lbs. 11 oz.) and Charlotte (5 lbs. 1 oz)

~Our October Babies!~

Congrats to Carlyle and Welcome Baby Maggie
Born on October 9th, 11 pounds 2 ounces!

Congrats to Lyndzies and Welcome Baby Cadence James
Born on October 15th, 8:43pm, 10 pounds 9 ounces, 22 inches

Congrats to YummyYumYumMama and Welcome Baby Kieran
Born on October 27th, 11:32am, 5 pounds 12 ounces 17 inches

~Our September Baby!~
Congrats to Maeryn Pearl and Welcome Baby Maeryn Jean
Born on September 27th, 7lbs6oz and 20 in long

~Our August Baby!~
Congrats to colorbywords and Welcome Baby Emery Oaklynn
Born on August 3rd at 8:46 PM, 8 lbs 11 oz 20.5 inches long

~Our July Baby!~
Congrats to LZP and Welcome Baby Anna Veronica
Born at 36 weeks on July 18th at 4:04 AM, 7 lbs 2 oz 17.5 inches long

~Our June Babies!~

Congrats to Pinoikoi and Welcome Baby Ursula Marisol
Born on June 23rd at 6:40 AM 8 lbs 10 oz, 21 inches long

Congrats to Lisko15 and Welcome Baby Caleb Benjamin
Born on June 24th at 7:36PM 9 lbs 1 oz, 22 inches long

~Our May Babies!~

Congrats to Jelinifer and Welcome Baby Finnegan Hubert
Born on May 1st, 8 lbs 10 oz, 21 1/2 inches long

Congrats to jillc512 and Welcome Baby Albert Boaz
Born at home on May 4th at 3:29 pm, 8 lbs 11 oz, 20 3/4 inches long

Congrats to Starkyld and Welcome Baby Elliott Marlowe
Born at home May 25th at 9:24AM, 9lbs 8 oz 21 inches long

~Our February Baby~
Congrats to Lauren31 Welcome Baby 
Born February 7th at 10:40PM, 7 lbs 12 oz, 20 1/2 inches long

And the rest of us... still waiting...

jessica_s- TTC#2 for 19 mos, 3 losses, due 1/22/2011
Finnegansmom- TTC #3 for 11 mos, due 2/8/2011
Nannette56- TTC #2 after loss, due 4/2011  !
Kalamos23 - TTC #2 after 3 losses, due 4/2011

Tear78 - TTC #1 for 2.5 years and 2 losses, due 8/4/11  

Our thoughts are with
Enigo ~ April 2010 ~
We hope to have you back with us very, very soon.

As always, we are sending a whole lot of to you Ladies over on BSL Proper.
PLEASE GET OVER HERE to keep us company!!!!!

Jessica, wife to Greg since 7/04, mama to the rainbow1284.gif Gman 7/06, 3 brokenheart.gif , rainbow1284.gif Asher 1/11 and a wonderful surprise due in August!

#2 of 192 Old 10-05-2010, 08:31 AM

Thanks so much for the new thread, jessica! Can't wait for Cadence to be added to the October list!

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

#3 of 192 Old 10-05-2010, 09:37 AM

Thanks for the new thread Jessica! The list is getting shorter, it's been a while since we've had someone join us!

2twins.gif Twin Girls on November 11, 2010
#4 of 192 Old 10-05-2010, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyTTC#1 View Post
Thanks for the new thread Jessica! The list is getting shorter, it's been a while since we've had someone join us!
I believe there are two BFPs over on BSL proper this week! Hopefully there will be some more grads to add, soon!!!

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

#5 of 192 Old 10-05-2010, 10:43 AM - Thread Starter

It's your time anytime Lyndzies!! Hopefully we'll have some graduates here soon!

Jessica, wife to Greg since 7/04, mama to the rainbow1284.gif Gman 7/06, 3 brokenheart.gif , rainbow1284.gif Asher 1/11 and a wonderful surprise due in August!

#6 of 192 Old 10-05-2010, 11:52 AM

Awesome thanks!

Can you add that Mae was born at 4 18 pm? (I dont have the colon button on my keyboard to make that a proper time format lol)

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#7 of 192 Old 10-05-2010, 12:00 PM
LZP

Thanks for the new thread jessica_s!
Hope everyone is doing well! I thought for sure that i'd be checking in to see Lyndzies birth announcement. :1whistle. I'm sure you're just waiting patiently over there, Lyndzies! I'm not.
saw the nursery reveal- gorgeous!!!!!!!! that room will grow with her for a loooong time. just beautiful. you put my nursery to shame.

not that she sleeps in there anyway. it's just where we store her clothes and change her dipe.

more later, will be checking in.

how are all the other mamas and soon-to-be mamas out there?!

The babymoon isn't over! Our long awaited A born 7/18/10, making us laugh and smile every day.
#8 of 192 Old 10-05-2010, 01:00 PM

Hey all, some how I missed making the list? I am due end of April '11

Rachel, knit.gifwifey to 2twins.gif (3/06), tandem nursing mama toenergy.gif(7/08) & babyboy.gif (4/11) and missing brokenheart.gif (7/09, 2/10, 7/10) 
#9 of 192 Old 10-05-2010, 09:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalamos23 View Post
Hey all, some how I missed making the list? I am due end of April '11
Hope I didn't drop you off of there!! I'll add ya now.

#10 of 192 Old 10-07-2010, 02:53 PM
LZP

giving us a bump. havent checked her DDC yet, but anyone heard from Lyndzies?

The babymoon isn't over! Our long awaited A born 7/18/10, making us laugh and smile every day.
#11 of 192 Old 10-07-2010, 05:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LZP View Post
giving us a bump. havent checked her DDC yet, but anyone heard from Lyndzies?
Looks like she was on this morning Official stalking has begun!

#12 of 192 Old 10-07-2010, 05:18 PM

OMG you ladies are too funny.

40+3 today, and nothing exciting to report. Had to have an NST and AFI yesterday, which was an annoying pain in the butt because I had to go to the hospital to do it (my midwife's NST monitor was busted). But, everything looks good with the baby, and with me, so we continue to wait.

Trying to remain peaceful and patient.

#13 of 192 Old 10-07-2010, 08:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndzies View Post
OMG you ladies are too funny.

40+3 today, and nothing exciting to report. Had to have an NST and AFI yesterday, which was an annoying pain in the butt because I had to go to the hospital to do it (my midwife's NST monitor was busted). But, everything looks good with the baby, and with me, so we continue to wait.

Trying to remain peaceful and patient.
Sending peaceful thoughts your way. Also sleep sleep sleep like there is no tomorrow!! She'll be here soon!

#14 of 192 Old 10-08-2010, 12:54 AM

Hi Ladies!

Thanks for making the October Thread Jessica!

Lyndzies - Glad you are feeling pretty peaceful about going "over". She will come when she's ready... but I hope she doesn't make you wait too long. DD only made me wait 3 days, and Caleb came 2 days early... so I can't imagine going too long. (Although I'm glad I don't go way over... I'd have 10+ pound babies )

As for your nursery, like LZP, it puts Caleb's tiny shoebox nursery to shame. That is one beautiful room... simply amazing.

MP - Mae is too cute. She looks so wise and mature in the pictures, its really funny! How are the big kids liking her? Is your DD all about babies and dolls? My DD isn't, so though she loves Caleb, she doesn't want to Mommy him at all.

AFM - We are doing good here. Caleb has rolled from tummy to back twice! He simply does it because he gets upset after too much tummy time. His expession is so funny though, like he's not quite sure how he got from "there" to "here". He is such a strong and determined little guy, he's trying to "sit up" (with little tummy crunches) and can reach out and grab toys, sometimes rather spastic-like, but can hold them for a bit.

We are struggling with naps here still... he sleep amazingly good all night long, sometimes from 10 p.m. until 7 a.m., but has the most difficult time staying asleep longer than 45 minutes for a nap during the day. Its impossible to get stuff done sometimes, besides the fact that I work at home!

Anywho... that's about all our news. Hey Lauren, let us know what that BIG girl of your's is up to! And you moved back to the U.S.! So much is different...

Well, off to do some work. This is my new "work" time... like 10:30 p.m. until 1:00 a.m. Makes for a sometimes tired Mommy, but it works for now.

Lis ~ Married to my favorite boy partners.gif and raising "our" three ~
DS 14 (hisjammin.gif ~ DD 9 (mineloveeyes.gif ~ toddlerDS 2! (ours) bouncy.gif

#15 of 192 Old 10-08-2010, 09:21 AM

DD1 loves dolls but not in the mommying sort of way... more in a fashion designer sort of way.

Nonetheless she just ADORES her sister, kissing her and touching her whenever she can.

DS could care less most of the time but sometimes it shows through that he cares... says she is cute, asks if she is eating or sleeping... we changed our crib to a sidecar last night so I can feel safer cosleeping (small mattress, afraid of her falling off the edge lol)and he came in and asked why we had it like that.

He will make a good daddy someday... so willing to learn all of this... just like my DH.

Speaking of DH... he has taken to being a daddy very very well. Granted he has a little practice with DS and DD1, he did not come into their lives until they were 2 and 4 though so this is his first tiny-baby experience!

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#16 of 192 Old 10-08-2010, 04:24 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
Speaking of DH... he has taken to being a daddy very very well. Granted he has a little practice with DS and DD1, he did not come into their lives until they were 2 and 4 though so this is his first tiny-baby experience!

omg, that's so precious.

#17 of 192 Old 10-08-2010, 04:28 PM
LZP

Lyndz- your calm is inspirational. sending you many peaceful, come-when-you're-ready-CJ vibes. You and DW must be on pins and needles.

Mae- that pic will be a cherished one forever, I'm sure

i have some pics of my own to share. still the PITA camera, but a new memory card seems to have perked it up a bit. since AV is smiling more now, and for longer periods, I might get to take a nice shot of here without camera shake from rushing!

I also posted an updatein the Aug DDC page.

still feels weird to even be in the Aug DDC, since AV was born in July. i still get sad thinking about the "last weeks" of pg that I missed, since I didnt know to cherish them so.

Anyone miss being pregnant? I sort of do already. Even Dh said when I was putting away my maternity clothes and was getting emotional, "I dont know if it will be this year or next, but you'll be wearing them again." I'm assuming he meant 2011... but still, I got excited.

OK, have to pump before leaving work.
have a great weekend all!

Lyndz, please update whenever you can about CJ and her inevitable entrance into this worls- maybe this weekend!

ETA: Lis, i didnt forget you- but i have to pump! more over weekend maybe.

#18 of 192 Old 10-09-2010, 01:09 AM

Mae had her first big tub bath tonight! I was in the tub and decided rather than to run her a baby tub bath when I was done, I would just have DH bring her in to me.

I do not think I will EVER give her a baby tub bath again. That girl did not fuss one bit until she was taken out... I held her by her shoulders/neck/head to support it and keep her top out of the water and let the rest of her go in... she was kicking and flailing her arms just like when she was inside of me and did not fuss one bit, even while daddy was washing her hair. She just stared at him. SO cute.

And somehow, every time we wash her hair (tonight was the second time since she was born) it gets lighter and curlier.

She currently looks like a mad scientist with light brown hair

I do not miss being pregnant just yet. I will, but right now I am so glad to not be pregnant anymore and to be able to hold my daughter and kiss her head and walk around, with her wrapped against me in the moby, without the pain of SPD. or the fear of blood pressure problems. or the fear of premature labor. or the fear that I am so far past due with #3 that something MUST be wrong.

#19 of 192 Old 10-09-2010, 01:42 AM - Thread Starter

Yep I missed being pregnant, even though I went 41wks and a day, still missed it. It was probably easier to miss because I had a pretty easy pregnancy after I got past the 1st trimester and I already knew what a miracle it was.
So being probably on my last pregnancy, I'm already a little sad about the end of my childbearing years.

#20 of 192 Old 10-09-2010, 09:51 AM

I just got on to stalk Lyndzies and be a little bit jealous about all you ladies and your perfect little babies DH was sleeping, and I was looking at all the pics "Ooooohhh" "Awwwww" I woke him up. lol. BSL's have the cutest babies I can't wait to hold mine. But they need the time and I do too.

I feel like SUCH a slacker. I felt so guilty about my lack of involvement with DS the last month, that I got him out of school early yesterday and we went for a mama/son beach day. We had such a good time! But alas, I haven't even STARTED the nursery yet. At least I started my registry, but can't do much there until I know more about sexes. I'm procrastinating, and I'm going to run out of trimesters.

I'm going to JoAnne's today to get some terrycloth to make cloth wipes. Do you guys think 200 wipes will be sufficient for the two of them to begin with? Oh, i should mention, that while I do knit, I've never used a sewing machine in my life. So this should get interesting. I'm going to start with the wipes, and once I figure it out, might do an easy beginner quilt. (Yeah with all the time I have)

Anyway, to all. Oh and Lyndzies at this point, you will need to check in every day, because the minute you don't, we will all be speculating!

Wife (32) of 8 years to DH (33), Mom to Logan geek.gif (7), and Tristan and Cael, twins.gif the wee ones, born 3/18/11! And OMW a surprise babyf.gif due 2/2013!
#21 of 192 Old 10-09-2010, 10:58 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Carlyle's in labor!!! You can do this, sis! I love you!!!

eta--wait, never mind. She's not anymore. WELCOME, MAGGIE!!!! 11 pounds 2 ounces.

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#22 of 192 Old 10-09-2010, 09:09 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Gah! Where is everybody when i need to celebrate?!

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#23 of 192 Old 10-09-2010, 09:22 PM

sorry I am usually online all day every day but I had company over today... so happy for her!

#24 of 192 Old 10-09-2010, 09:43 PM

Congrats Tear, 11#? Ummm. Wow. LOL.

How is everyone? I'm cranky, coming down with a cold, and my dh is driving me crazy with his bad mood today. I'm ready for bed, the kids are wnding down and then bedtime for them and probably me right after. All I wanted to do today is sleep. Instead i cleaned and did laundry. While everyone else napped, including my dh. Hmmf.

Michelle ~
Mama to ~ Finnegan(10/06) ~ Samuel (7/08) ~ Henry (2/11) ~ He's here! joy.gif Baxter (11/12)

#25 of 192 Old 10-09-2010, 10:10 PM

Yay for Carlyle, Tear! Congrats auntie!! I hope mama and baby are doing well.

I'm still pregnant. I'm also still chillin' like a villain and trying not to let it get to me. My mom is coming tomorrow (she had planned her trip so she could help me take care of the baby and get acclimated at home; HA!!)... but, now I'm just looking forward to spending some mommy/daughter time before my own daughter comes. And, it would be great to have my mama here for the birth. I'm feeling confident Cadence will come next week.

She better, because m/w won't "let" me go past a week from Monday (42 weeks) so we're looking at the "I" word a week from tomorrow.

I'm zen, though.

#26 of 192 Old 10-09-2010, 10:20 PM - Thread Starter

Wowee Carlyle!! Our first October baby!! Congrats Tear! I know your an awesome aunt and sister.

#27 of 192 Old 10-09-2010, 10:58 PM

I'm cranky.

Had guests over... 4 house guests under age 4 and their moms... one age 7 by himself, and my own newborn, 5 and 7... which they are all pretty good but man that is DRAINING for someone just shy of 2 weeks postpartum!

I want chocolate and raspberries but DH wont go out and get me any because I'm not pregnant anymore. *pout*

#28 of 192 Old 10-11-2010, 07:32 PM

okay it has been WAY TOO LONG since i checked in here.

congrats kalamos and nanette! nanette, TWINS??? how exciting! i hope both of you are feeling well - you both must be wrapping up your 1st trimester if you're due in april. gosh, i'm behind! anyway, i don't think i congratulate either of you when i was here last, so mega congrats to you both!

CONGRATS to carlyle!!! libra babies are the best - i was born 10/2. congrats to you as well, auntie tear! and 11 pounds... wowzers!

so i congratulated mae on facebook, since i log in there like 8 times a day and apparently NOT AT ALL here - apologies for that , but i will say CONGRATS again!

to all you mamas with little babies, i hope things are going fabulously for all of you! i need to catch up on pictures and updates and such, but lyndzies, you are up next! how exciting!!! i hope she decides to come out before 42 weeks so you don't even have to have the induction talk. i guess she must be pretty comfy up there!

i am 35 weeks today, which just proves that it has been forever since i've been here because i do not think i was in the 30s last time i checked in. baby's doing great & has been head-down for a while now, so that's nice. i'm the size i was when i gave birth to my daughter, i think! she was born at 40 weeks. i'm wondering if this guy will be as punctual as his sister... i hope so.

i am hope-hope-hoping for any time between 38 & 40 weeks, because i can't stop hugging all my teeny newborn clothes & diapers. i am looking forward to the end of late-pregnancy uncomfies and to the beginning of baby snuggles. i try to stop and enjoy this bit while i can, though - i'm not planning to have any more after this. we've been talking about hubby getting a vasectomy (it's either that or essure for me, but i think he can contribute more to this whole family planning thing for once), which is so WEIRD because of how much we just won't have to think about preventing or conceiving... that'd certainly be a first. i'm not 100% sure if that's what i want or not, though, but it is certainly a strange thing to think about - voluntarily terminating fertility FOREVER. yeeks.

my daughter's started preschool and it's nice to have some time at home by myself to get some nesting stuff going on. i am going INSANE because the crib isn't up yet and neither is the co-sleeper and i want everything all set up RIGHTNOW! i haven't looked at any of these nursery pictures i'm seeing y'all talk about, but i have never set up a nursery so i probably will so i can live vicariously through you guys. we didn't have an extra bedroom when DD was born. we currently live in a 2-bedroom, so the kids will share a bedroom. well, DD is still co-sleeping and this guy will be as well, so it's more like they'll share a playroom with an unused bed and an unused crib in it while taking up space in our bed.

anyway, DH & DD are out running errands, and i just got myself in the mood for some more nesting-y stuff (which will probably involve more diaper stash ogling rather than anything productive), so i'm gonna end here. i'll try to check in more regularly... famous last words... feel free to drop me a line if you'd like to keep in touch via FB, where i am far more regular.

:

fuzmalesling.giffemalesling2.GIF mama to my spunky little girl, m, born 12/10/07 blahblah.gif, and my sweet little guy, k, born 10/27/10 babyf.gif
nocirc.gif familybed2.gif cd.gif homebirth.jpg nak.gif
#29 of 192 Old 10-11-2010, 10:33 PM

Congratulations Carlyle and Tear!!

MP, tell DH that you understand that because he's new at this he doesn't know the rules, but the new mama needs to be pampered as much as the pregnant mama in the first few weeks, so chocolate and raspberries are necessary for your wellbeing!!

Hi YYYM, I'm 30 weeks and I am also like "get the stuff ready NOW!!"

Lyndzies, zen is good, positive thinking is good, with DD I felt like she would come at a particular time and she did. I hope CJ gets the memo!

finnegan'smom, hope you feel better soon. Impressive chore completion, I thought about chores today, but napped instead!

AFM, just got back from a weekend at a cottage with friends for the Canadian thanksgiving, not looking forward to work tomorrow, short week or not. Getting married on Friday, no dress yet, don't care. Talk about zen!! We are telling no one but the witnesses until it's a done deal, elopement at its best!

Have a good week, friends!

Mama to DD 4/06 notes2.gif  new DS stork-boy.gif born 17/12/10 familybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
#30 of 192 Old 10-12-2010, 10:23 AM

OMG! So many goings-on around here!

Congrats Carlyle and Auntie Tear
!!! and WHAT a BIG baby!!! We need a birth story, I'm sure that one will be motivating for all

Lyndzies it will be so nice to have your mama there for the birth- DH and my mother are the only two I want in the room with me, so I feel ya on that. I'm sure Cadence will come out before you even have to start considering the "I" word. Sending you lots of

YYYM You're almost there mama! And thanks for making me feel better by telling us your crib isn't set up. I was starting to feel bad because I have done absolutely NOTHING. I have to find another care provider for my third tri, since I'm going to have to transfer (I hate FLORIDA) but have absolutely no desire to do so. I haven't set up the nursery, nothing. Bah. So thanks for being a procrastinator

QB Congrats on the upcoming nuptials! That's so exciting Let us know how everything goes- we need a wedding story

AFM- Chillin' here at 14.5 weeks. I'm feeling the babies move a little now. Usually only when I'm lying on my back though. I'm also pretty stellar with a doppler if I do say so myself. I can find both of them immediately almost every single time so very reassuring. I only vomit once every 2-3 days now, and in between, just a little nauseous, which I can totally live with. I really need to find a care provider for my 3rd tri and beyond, but am just so depressed about a hospital birth that I just don't wanna I'm reading all the emergency childbirth resources (breech births, shoulder dystocia, cord wrapped around neck etc.) just in case we don't make it to the hospital in time Anyway, hope everyone's doing well- just dropped in to stalk Lyndzies

Wife (32) of 8 years to DH (33), Mom to Logan geek.gif (7), and Tristan and Cael, twins.gif the wee ones, born 3/18/11! And OMW a surprise babyf.gif due 2/2013!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page