Mothering Forum banner

Sea- Bands

9K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  justduckyangie 
#1 ·
I started a thread about morning sickness a few months back (before I was pregnant) Now I am 7 weeks (YEAH) and feeling sooo sick (BOO).

I bought Sea bands as someone suggested (thanks
) and they have helped a little.

I am wondering how long I can wear them, can I wear them all the time??? I tend to take them off after a while due to a probabbly irrational fear that they are restricting blood flow to my hands or something

Thanks

Megan

See less See more
#4 ·
I wore them from the time I got up to when I went to bed when I was pg with DS.

#6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mad4mady View Post
I started a thread about morning sickness a few months back (before I was pregnant) Now I am 7 weeks (YEAH) and feeling sooo sick (BOO).

I bought Sea bands as someone suggested (thanks
) and they have helped a little.

I am wondering how long I can wear them, can I wear them all the time??? I tend to take them off after a while due to a probabbly irrational fear that they are restricting blood flow to my hands or something

Thanks

Megan
You can wear them all the time if you want to. If they are cutting off your circulation then they are *way* too tight. If your hands are still pink and warm and not hurting then I would say your circulation is fine.

#7 ·
they did nothing for me.. and i had such high hopes for them

i wore them constantly too and they did start making my wrists itchy. when that happened i just decided not to wear them at night.

something that was suggested to me for morning sickness is alkaline water and toast. alkaline water balances the acidity/PH of your stomach which is believed to cause the nausea we feel and the toast sops it up when you eat it. so sip on alkaline water and have toasty crunchy bread with you to snack on all day! its actually been working wonders for me

#8 ·
I only took them off to bathe.

Someone in my DDC suggested Psi Bands, which last longer than the Sea Bands (because the elastic on them wears out eventually and Psi Bands are adjustable ...). My DH went out and bought me some today and I am trying them now. I do feel better, but I usually get a "clear" period at the end of the day when I feel well enough to get up off the couch, bathe, etc. so we will see tomorrow.

#10 ·
They didn't do much in my last pregnancy but I swear this time around they work wonders. I have been wearing them day and night, but take them off for an hour or so just to give the skin a bit of breathe space - it gets pretty clammy under there. If I am destined to wear these for this amount of time over the next six week I thin I will invest in the Psi bands. Are they as effective? They certainly look better!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.