collinsonia / stone root for varicose veins? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 10-18-2010, 05:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does anyone have experience using collinsonia, aka stone root, during pregnancy to help against varicose veins & hemorrhoids?

My midwife recommended it to help my varicose veins, so I bought some. The bottle says to take 15-30 drops dissolved in warm water 1-3 times daily - that's 15-90 drops a day - a really wide range. So I looked online try to get a better idea of how much i should take, and I didn't find anything helpful, and did find a couple of sites that recommend against using it during pregnancy. They didn't give any reason for not using it during pregnancy, so I'm inclined to think it's just a cover-your-butt kind of recommendation, but it made me second guess whether I should be taking it.

The brand I have is Eclectic Institute, and the back says "dry herb strength: 1:4". Any info would be welcome. Thanks!

Married to C August 2007.  Son Ian born October 2008.  Son Owen born December 2010.  Daughter Naomi born October 2012.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 10-20-2010, 10:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My midwife just recommended rutin, butcher's broom, and cayenne pepper (if I could stomach it).

Sorry, no experience with that or what you mentioned yet.

I think I'll be looking for these items in the next day or so as I have poor circulation in general thanks to heredity.

Please post back if your remedy works!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page