How much and what kinds of maternity clothes do you really need/like having? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 36 Old 10-23-2010, 01:05 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibusymomto5 View Post
Looks like I should add leggings to my list. It's the 80's all over again, lol.
I did buy some leggings this year, but ONLY to go under my 3/4 length denim skirt and boots! I refuse to wear a tunic with leggings!!! Especially while pregnant! Doesn't this sound like a recipe for a big bottom and thighs to become the focal point to anybody else??!!
#32 of 36 Old 10-23-2010, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewingsparklz View Post
I did buy some leggings this year, but ONLY to go under my 3/4 length denim skirt and boots! I refuse to wear a tunic with leggings!!! Especially while pregnant! Doesn't this sound like a recipe for a big bottom and thighs to become the focal point to anybody else??!!
as someone with usually NO booty whatsoever.. this is one pregnancy symptom i actually like.. as does my partner lol. lets here it for the curves that us bony chicks finally get to experience!! leggings for the win!

mommy to "mine" (7), "his" (5), and preggers with "ours" due march 2011!!! 

heartbeat.gifIts a GIRL!!!!
#33 of 36 Old 10-23-2010, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbyfar7 View Post
as someone with usually NO booty whatsoever.. this is one pregnancy symptom i actually like.. as does my partner lol. lets here it for the curves that us bony chicks finally get to experience!! leggings for the win!
Ha ha ha ha! That's great! I am happy that when I'm pregnant I get boobs! And so is DH. I really am not a big girl. I've always been slender and have a small frame, but I just can't get into the silhouette that leggings and a tunic creates...Although I have seen it look pretty good on some people. You go right ahead and wear them!!!!
#34 of 36 Old 10-24-2010, 12:17 AM

woo-hoo! fun thread. this is my first winter pregnancy and my fourth baby so I've been shopping!! 1st time ever I've popped out and needed mat clothes by 15 weeks.

My FAVORITE jeans are Maternal America.

I wait for deals/sales from Pea in a Pod for tops and then also do some 'old slave.' That quality is just so ish, though, and I do need everything to hold up to lots of wear.

I've been looking everywhere for good winter pjs; finally found some nice gap ones. Wish I'd hit the 25% off sale!!

Motherhood is the worst, I agree.

My Elle Macphearson bras expand well... I'm still nursing so that adds a whole new dimension.

I feel like I have done a lot of looking/shopping and still don't have *that* much given that winter is cold in MN!

I have been buying regular Gap sweaters and leggings in a size up... and those crazy boyfriend shirts that go to my knees.

Megan~ mama to Cecilia (9/1/04) Carl (11/19/06) Vivian (9/10/09) & spring 2011 baby.
#35 of 36 Old 10-24-2010, 04:51 PM - Thread Starter

Thought I'd give an update of how our shopping trip went. We had such a fun day out. I got leggings(Old Navy under belly ones), Secret Belly Jeans from Motherhood(LOVE them), several cute tops, a pullover hoodie, a couple cardigans, a couple tanks, belly band, Victoria Secret low rise undies(loved those last time instead of maternity ones), super comfy winter boots, and a pair of cute flats that were on sale. It felt so good to buy all smalls and mediums! I think I'm set for awhile now, as everything mixes and matches nicely and should grow with me. I didn't realize how uncomfy my regular jeans were until trying on the maternity ones. And, oh my goodness are those leggings comfy! I'm definitely getting more of those, especially given the price of them! I think I'm one who can get by with wearing them with a big top, as I'm not big on the backside, or I can just put them under my denim skirt if I start blossoming too much, lol.

Now, I've just got the task of washing it all and reorganizing my drawers and closet. Getting started on that in a little bit.

Thank you all for all the great suggestions! It really helped me have a better idea of what to look for.

Happily married, busy mom to a houseful :-)

Expecting again early Oct 2014!

#36 of 36 Old 10-24-2010, 05:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Looks like you're set with all those stores! Sure would be fun to come along, especially with a teenage daughter!

(You know in my head I am still 19.)
It was a blast. I don't get to spend as much time with oldest dd now that she's working full-time, and we both enjoyed it a lot. She loves to shop and has good taste and will tell me honestly if something does or doesn't look right on me. I still feel young in my mind too, lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbyfar7 View Post
Quote:
Ha ha ha ha! That's great! I am happy that when I'm pregnant I get boobs! And so is DH. I really am not a big girl. I've always been slender and have a small frame, but I just can't get into the silhouette that leggings and a tunic creates...Although I have seen it look pretty good on some people. You go right ahead and wear them!!!!
These comments made me laugh. Yep, I'm one who kind of likes the added curvature in the hip area during pregnancy. My chest doesn't need any help, thanks very much. Usually I have a hard time fitting in small/med tops because of it. I'm so glad as I lost the weight before getting pregnant that some of it came off up there, so that now I can actually fit into tops that fit my petite frame better.

Happily married, busy mom to a houseful :-)

Expecting again early Oct 2014!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page