At what point would you be concerned? (warning TMI) - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 10-26-2010, 09:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
TMI and grossness to follow. Be warned.

I'm 25 weeks pregnant today with my 3rd.
The last week I have diarrhea. Not just loose. Full on D.
More than a few times a day, like 5 or 6, and sometimes in the middle of the night.

No spotting, no contractions, no signs of a virus (no fever and no stomach cramps or anything) No vomiting.

Should I be worried?
Before this, like most pregnant ladies, I was suffering from exactly the opposite, going days between and being constipated.

Nothing in my diet has changed, I'm a veg and eat very little diary.
The baby has been very active and kicky, which is a relief.

Any thoughts?
Should I mention this to my midwife?

Michelle ~
Mama to ~ Finnegan(10/06) ~ Samuel (7/08) ~ Henry (2/11) ~ He's here! joy.gif Baxter (11/12)

#2 of 8 Old 10-26-2010, 09:47 AM

I'd mention it, but I wouldn't be overly concerned. I seemed to have this "bug" for more than a week earlier this month and didn't have cramps or anything either. Was *just* that...ugh. So it's possible it's just a virus or bacterial infection.

Hope you feel better soon...definitely not fun

C ~ mama to (16), (13), (9) (5)

#3 of 8 Old 10-26-2010, 09:57 AM

I tend to frequently have diahrea while pregnant. Especially with my secound. I wouldnt worry too much if it was me bc it is normal for me.

SAHM Michael 01-07 & Emmy 12-08
#4 of 8 Old 10-26-2010, 11:32 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I have this on and off through pregnancies too. Most often right in the beginning, which really freaks me out, even though I know in my head its my "normal". I might mention it too, for peace of mind.

hearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gif A house full of girls, but for dad and one brother bikenew.gif
"Be careful how you speak to your children. One day it will become their inner voice." ~ Peggy O' Mara
Cloth diapering, babywearing and co-sleeping has been a way of life for almost a decade now partners.gif
#5 of 8 Old 10-26-2010, 12:40 PM

I hav ocillated back and forth between both issues, it seems like some over corrections on my body's part. As long as one did not stay for too long in either extreme, I have managed not to worry too much. In the end I would swing back and feel better.

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#6 of 8 Old 10-26-2010, 02:30 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks ladies!
I've never had this issue before while pregnant (or very much ever in general anyways).
I'll mention at my next prenatal appt but if it gets worse I might call sooner.
I need to remind myself to drink more water though just in case, I've been horrible at that lately.
Thanks again!

Michelle ~
Mama to ~ Finnegan(10/06) ~ Samuel (7/08) ~ Henry (2/11) ~ He's here! joy.gif Baxter (11/12)

#7 of 8 Old 10-26-2010, 04:09 PM

Make sure that you stay hydrated w/ pedialyte or gatorade, in addition to water throughout the day. Diarrhea can get your electrolytes all out of whack. I had a problem w/ premature contractions due to dehydration during my first pregnancy.
#8 of 8 Old 10-26-2010, 07:22 PM
myk

i'd mention it. pregnancy did the same to me.. usually i'd need laxatives every so often because of my chronic constipation (drug related) but since becoming pg, my goodness. as long as you're peeing and drinking lots you're probably fine, just mention it to your health care provider.

January 2011

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page