Just found out I failed my glucose test :( - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-07-2010, 12:45 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I also failed the 1 hour test...this is my second pregnancy and I was overwhelmed to find out that I developed gd...I had a active lifestyle before I was pregnant and my provider told me that the placenta is what caused my gd..during my first pregnancy I was fine but every pregnancy is different...hope this help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2010, 01:15 AM

Yes, what you ate could have affected your test results. You can do the one hour fasting or not, but eating something with sugar in it too close to the test, will throw your results off.

Like PP have said, it's a screening tool, and it's meant to cast a wide net so as not to miss the women who actually have gestational diabetes.

I failed my one hour when pregnant with my daughter. I got a 179 (high!). I had eaten a peanut butter sandwich less than an hour before the test (protein, but plenty of "sugars" in both the bread and the peanut butter). I passed the three hour (which is fasting), and none of my values were out of range.

I just passed my one hour with this pregnancy this past week with no problem.. I ate a breakfast of scrambled eggs and turkey sausage about an hour and a half before drinking the glucola, so no sugar, but plenty of protein.
Old 11-07-2010, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakotablue View Post
Wait....I've never been allow to eat before test. My new mw has a list of food I can eat but I think they are all protein...
i'm really surprised they didn't say anything to you either. i had mine a week ago and even the bottle of sugary drink instructs medical professionals to have patients take the test fasting. the only thing i'm willing to eat if i can't get buy with nothing is nuts, hardboiled eggs, and other protein. sorry! i bet you'll be fine on your three hour.

hoping for a !
Old 11-07-2010, 05:43 PM

I failed the 1 hour screening and passed the 3 hour test with flying colors. I wouldn't alter the way you eat. Just do what you normally do so that you have an accurate result.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:02 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks ladies! So you don't think I should drastically change my diet before the 3 hr test (meaning days before, or starting now)?

I can't retake the 1 hr.

Mommy to beauties DS1 (7), DS2 (4, autism), & DS3 (2)

and many angel babies angel1.gif

Old 11-09-2010, 01:50 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
well... i just failed the 1hr as well (by 3 lousy points!) I"m with you on taking the 3 hr.

Texmati-- Knitter, Hindu, vegetarian, WOHM. Wife to superdadsuperhero.gif and mom to DS babyf.gif24 months, and DD boc.gif 8 months! .

Old 11-10-2010, 08:22 AM

I just got my results of the 1 hr, I passed with a 64.

I had my normal breakfast of three scrambled eggs and a piece of cheese, then drank the stuff an hour later, then walked to the clinic (ten min walk). I was thinking the walk might have been good to help process the sugar, but it was a normal amount of exersize for me to randomly get.

Old 11-10-2010, 12:19 PM

I failed my 1-hour in both pregnancies, and passed the 3-hour in both. I didn't really modify my diet or do anything particular before the 3-hour. I just continued to eat as I normally do because I figured that if I were diabetic, I would want to know.

User Tag List