Stomach flu at 33 weeks - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 11-07-2010, 09:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DS was sick last week, now it's my turn. Fever, vomiting, diarrhea. Im just feeling SO gross. I haven't slept at all last night because I couldn't get comfortable.
This morning, i was feeling pretty dehydrated and was having tons of BHs. I managed to keep down a bottle of gatorade and the contractions have slowed down a bit (they're not regular, not more than 6 per hour)
I know there's not much I can do about it except ride it out... Im mosly mad that DH feels he is "sicker" than me and therefore spending the day in front of the TV while I try to take care of DS, the house and myself. I would love to just sit on the couch and knit or read.
Do you have any suggestions to make this go away earlier (the stomach flu, not DH being a pain! hehehe). Im kind of stuck at home right now: no car, closest store is an hour away by bus, there is no way i can make it without being sick on the bus! Plus I would have to take DS with me. Yeah right! So I have to manage with what we have here, which isnt much. (no family around here to help out either)
#2 of 3 Old 11-07-2010, 09:29 PM

I had the stomach flu at 31 weeks with my first, so I can definitely sympathize with what you're going through Vomiting, diarrhea, the whole nine yards. For the first 3 or 4 days I didn't know I wasn't supposed to eat dairy, so that was aggravating the issue greatly. I finally went to the doctor and he said to cut out the dairy and follow the BRAT diet (bananas, rice, applesauce and toast). As soon as I started only eating those 4 things I felt MUCH better. He also gave me the OK to take Immodium AD because the virus was on the decline (and apparently it's safe during pregnancy). I don't like taking medication while pregnant, but I only take a few doses of that before I felt a lot better. I suggest checking with your HCP before you take anything, of course. Also, vitamin water and coconut water plus lots of rest help (maybe try sitting in a recliner for resting/sleep?). Lastly, tell your DH that you've been having contractions and you NEED to rest more...that should make him realize that he needs to help out, too.
#3 of 3 Old 11-07-2010, 10:46 PM

I had the stomach flu when I was approx 30 weeks with DD and I took activated charcoal and it stopped the stomach ache/vomiting within 15 minutes. Hope you feel better soon

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page