Stomach flu at 33 weeks - Mothering Forums
I'm Pregnant > Stomach flu at 33 weeks
babymango's Avatar babymango 10:18 PM 11-07-2010
DS was sick last week, now it's my turn. Fever, vomiting, diarrhea. Im just feeling SO gross. I haven't slept at all last night because I couldn't get comfortable.
This morning, i was feeling pretty dehydrated and was having tons of BHs. I managed to keep down a bottle of gatorade and the contractions have slowed down a bit (they're not regular, not more than 6 per hour)
I know there's not much I can do about it except ride it out... Im mosly mad that DH feels he is "sicker" than me and therefore spending the day in front of the TV while I try to take care of DS, the house and myself. I would love to just sit on the couch and knit or read.
Do you have any suggestions to make this go away earlier (the stomach flu, not DH being a pain! hehehe). Im kind of stuck at home right now: no car, closest store is an hour away by bus, there is no way i can make it without being sick on the bus! Plus I would have to take DS with me. Yeah right! So I have to manage with what we have here, which isnt much. (no family around here to help out either)

rainbow_mandala's Avatar rainbow_mandala 10:29 PM 11-07-2010
I had the stomach flu at 31 weeks with my first, so I can definitely sympathize with what you're going through Vomiting, diarrhea, the whole nine yards. For the first 3 or 4 days I didn't know I wasn't supposed to eat dairy, so that was aggravating the issue greatly. I finally went to the doctor and he said to cut out the dairy and follow the BRAT diet (bananas, rice, applesauce and toast). As soon as I started only eating those 4 things I felt MUCH better. He also gave me the OK to take Immodium AD because the virus was on the decline (and apparently it's safe during pregnancy). I don't like taking medication while pregnant, but I only take a few doses of that before I felt a lot better. I suggest checking with your HCP before you take anything, of course. Also, vitamin water and coconut water plus lots of rest help (maybe try sitting in a recliner for resting/sleep?). Lastly, tell your DH that you've been having contractions and you NEED to rest more...that should make him realize that he needs to help out, too.
mamaharrison's Avatar mamaharrison 11:46 PM 11-07-2010
I had the stomach flu when I was approx 30 weeks with DD and I took activated charcoal and it stopped the stomach ache/vomiting within 15 minutes. Hope you feel better soon
Up