Seeking advice from Moms of Identical Twins - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 11-23-2010, 10:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello Everyone,

I am new here. I am from india and a mom to 2 girls. I have had 2 c secs and am hoping for a vba2c this time inshaAllah( God Willing). I just found out through my ultrasound yesterday that I am carrying twins and the radiologist wasnt sure, but she thinks its Identical Twins with one placenta. She said, it would require close montiring and frequent Ultrasounds .I am supposed to go for another U/S in two weeks time. I am going to complete my 5th month and I have read about how U/S can harm the unborn babies. SO therefore I dragged my 1st U/S to the 2nd trimester to avoid exposing the unborn to the harmful effects.

I was just reading online about Identical twins and one placenta and it seems very rare and dangerous. I was very excited yesterday after I got to know I am carrying twins but now I am worried. Again, The dr. was not sure whether its one or 2 placentas as she said they normally cannot see such things clearly in 2nd tri... it would have been known had I gone for my 1st tri scan. I dont regret not going for my scan then, I know I did what I thought best for my baby... I have read of a birth story of thriplets where the mom did not do a single scan throught her pregnancy! But I still keep getting worried... so if anyone could share their experiences with me, it would be wonderful!

Thanks a lot.

May God Bless.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 11-24-2010, 07:37 AM

I highly recommend posting this at the Parenting Multiples subforum on here: http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/list/158

If anyone can help you, it's them smile.gif

#3 of 3 Old 12-04-2010, 03:09 AM

I'm a Mother to non-identical Twins, and unfortunately for me I was that 1% of Twin pregnancies that end in double transverse lying babies.

I laboured for 2-3 days at home, convincing myself 'they would turn in labour', but finally, I was exhausted and I admitted defeat, Went to hospital, u/s confirmed they were still transverse and an emergency caesarean was performed.

I really hope things work out for you and you get some Mums here with identical twins, There are many things that can go wrong in Twin pregnancies, I was thrilled to be having twins but knew the possiblity of my 3rd hvbac was ruined.

Good luck xx

Natural & Proud hbac.gif and Breast Feeder.heartbeat.gif I Believe in Awareness! ribboncesarean.gif..ribbonpb.gif..redbluerib.gif

Birthing against medical advice was necessary!
love.gifheartbeat.gif~~ Doula In Training ~~heartbeat.giflove.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page