How far along am I (hcg)? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 03-26-2004, 03:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm pregnant! I'm just not sure now about how far along I am. I had a very light (and early) period last month and I'm wondering if it could have been implantation bleeding. I'm either 4 weeks or 8 weeks pg now, but my hcg level that was taken 4 days ago read 75,000+! Anyone have any experience with high hcg levels early in pregnancy? According to the internet charts I've seen, that's too high for even a multiple pregnancy (which I doubt I'd have twins).

I'd LOVE to find out that I'm really 8 weeks...that much closer to getting out of the red-zone.

Thanks for the advice...and send sticky vibes my way!
Dawn
#2 of 4 Old 03-26-2004, 04:24 PM

You would really need an u/s at this point to determine the age. The hCG can vary in women,.
For example, my hCG with Goo was 64 at 14 days past ovulation. For Moo, it was 2707 at 20 days past ovulation... Big difference that it not accounted for by the doubling time. Each person and each pregnancy is different. I would guess by your number that you are further than 4 weeks, but you really would need to have either a stabile cycle to work from or an u/s to check the size of the fetus/gestational sac.

Congrats
#3 of 4 Old 03-26-2004, 05:13 PM

I would get it checked out and find out for sure It could also be a molar pregnancy I had one a few years ago.

Christina

Mom to  Rachel 15 Kimberly 12 Chloe 10 and Nathaniel 8
#4 of 4 Old 03-27-2004, 01:18 AM - Thread Starter

What's a molar pregnancy? Nevermind...I looked it up. I hope to God it isn't anything THAT bad. (And I thought I only had to worry about another miscarriage.) I guess I'm thinking I must just be off on my dates.

I talked to my midwife and she suggested that I have an ultrasound in 2-5 weeks. Please keep me in your thoughts. Thanks for the support!
Dawn

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page