Amniotic Fluid Low--Induce? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-29-2010, 06:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

My S is "due" in a few days and she had a check up today where they did several non-stress tests & said her amniotic fluid is low, but not low enough to induce.  She is going back in two days for another  test and if her fluid is below a certain point they will check her in. 

Also, the OB said that when she is in labor that they are going to insert a tube to put fluid in.

It seems that the ultrasound led to the "low fluid" which led to the non-stress test, etc.   From what I have read, the US can vary greatly re: fluid levels and many times women are induced when it isn't necessary.  What do you all think?

SAHM bf.gif, DH reading.gif, DD  (03/05) dust.gif, DS1hola.gif(01/09), DS2 babyf.gif(06/12) & dog2.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2010, 09:02 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Fluid levels often begin to lower as delivery gets closer. Unless there are some other signs of distress in mother or baby, I would wait and do nothing about it. I would do the extra ultrasounds if it kept my doctor happy, but would NOT induce. I am not familiar with this "straw procedure."

User Tag List