Another TMI question... strong vaginal odor in pregnancy - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-08-2010, 02:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Is this normal? I don't remember having such a strong smell with my other pregnancies. I touched on this in another thread a while back when I said my DH mentioned I have a strong smell "down there" starting around my 2nd tri. I am almost 34 weeks now and noticed in the past month or so a very strong vaginal odor (and extra discharge of course). It's not a "fishy" smell so I don't think it is BV (I had BV years ago and know that smell very well). I'm married but had the required STD tests around 11 weeks anyway, they of course were neg. No itching or discomfort so I doubt it is a yeast infection (had MANY of those in past years and know what they feel like!). I also have noticed my urine smells very strong too, almost like a vinegar-ish smell. I have to change my underwear a few times a day, I just feel so gross! I did take someone's advice and switch to Dove unscented bar soap and that helped, but I went back to body wash a few weeks ago- maybe that's why it's gotten worse again?

Anyone else? :(

Mommy to beauties DS1 (7), DS2 (4, autism), & DS3 (2)

and many angel babies angel1.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2010, 02:44 PM

In my first trimester, when I had really bad odor sensitivity, I could hardly take that smell, even though I'm healthy - no STIs or bacterial vaginosis or yeast or anything. I'm still not sure if it was a real smell, or if it was in my head. DH said everything seemed normal to him. I also couldn't stand opening the fridge door, even though there was nothing rotting in there.

So my question to you would be: are you sensitive to other odors, too?

Old 12-08-2010, 02:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by imogenlily View Post

So my question to you would be: are you sensitive to other odors, too?

Yes and no. DH is way more sensitive than me and will smell things I don't smell. But I think I do notice smells more during PG.

Old 12-08-2010, 06:29 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

You may be dehydrated too. I notice I make more smells when I don't drink enough :) Plus preggo nose smells e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g.

I'm crunchy... Like a Dorito.
Mama to Sprout jog.gif 4.09 and Bruises babyboy.gif 7.11 handfasted to superhero.gif 9.07

Old 12-09-2010, 07:50 AM - Thread Starter

I could totally be dehydrated, I don't think I've been taking great care of myself lately... been worrying more about my kids and getting Xmas gifts, etc. <sigh> I did notice I don't have any odor at all today, maybe because I switched back to the Dove bar soap? IDK...

User Tag List