Is it normal to have upset stomach and loose stools around 35/36 weeks? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 12-19-2010, 08:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I don't remember this ever happening with my first 2 kids. I didn't go into labor with #2 until 42+4 (#1 was an induction and c/s) so I don't think I am going into labor anytime soon (I am almost 36 weeks).

But I woke up this morning with an upset stomach and loose stools and this never happens to me!! I started freaking out that maybe I got listeria or something but I avoid all risky foods to the max, I am way overcautious (as some of you know)! I was going to take myself to the ER to get tested for listeria but I don't feel horribly sick and I didn't want to expose myself to hospital germs needlessly.

I have found some stuff on the net that said upset stomach/loose stools in 3rd tri isn't uncommon. What do you think is wrong with me? I don't have a fever or any other symptoms that would indicate I had a virus, etc.

Please talk me down! :(

ETA: Baby is moving around a lot and I checked the hr with my doppler and it was 128 bpm. Just started having a slight headache too.

Mommy to beauties DS1 (7), DS2 (4, autism), & DS3 (2)

and many angel babies angel1.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 12-19-2010, 07:46 PM

you know i had one day of that late last week for no reason out of the blue, got some sleep and everything has been totally fine since, i think my body was just overloaded that day and it needed to "shake things off" we are due date buddies so maybe we are having a cyle of things together too!

drink water, eat protein, slow down take a d=nap, the usuall stuff, and breath deeply

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#3 of 5 Old 12-20-2010, 01:59 PM

I think it's probably normal. When I was pregnant with dd2 I remember the same thing happening around 37-38 weeks. No other symptoms to go with the loose stools and upset stomach. It did set off a heck of a lot of braxton hicks contractions though which ended up as a false labor. Not fun! But alas, it would be another couple weeks before dd2 came out. Stay hydrated and rest!

Melanie
#4 of 5 Old 12-22-2010, 07:05 AM

I am about 35 weeks now and have started having loose stool. This is after having epic constipation for moths so I am kind of glad.

#5 of 5 Old 12-23-2010, 08:31 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks so much guys!! I feel totally back to normal now, it's good to know it's pretty common!

Mommy to beauties DS1 (7), DS2 (4, autism), & DS3 (2)

and many angel babies angel1.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page