Small Victories: learned a trick to peeing while very preggo - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-21-2010, 10:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

OK I know in part this is really silly, but it has also been a amazing relief for me, I figured out how to Pee with all this baby in me!

i have been having problems for weeks feeling like my bladder was not emptying all the way and always feeling like i needed to pee badly and only small amounts were coming out (no not really the same way it feels with a UTI) but mostly just feeling unsatisfied with each of way too many trips to the bathroom.

Then I also noticed that sometime I would shift or the babies would and suddenly i would pee tons! its like the babies were cutting off my bladders exit or something.

So i did a little exploration of positions while on the toilet and found the greatest thing! 

Sit with a very wide stance on the toilet

Take both hands and place them overlapping on your very low abdomen, right above your pubic hair where you bladder is. if you are carrying very low this step might not be necessary. 

Lean forward so you actually lay your belly with your hand trapped in between on the very front of your toilet seat (might not work if you have a split front design and i would never do it on public seat)

the amount of learn or hands can be used to vary the amount of pressure that is placed on your lower abdomen and or bladder or babies.

Not very time but very often i find an angle that either releases my bladder or puts just that right pressure on it or something, but cause i suddenly pee a huge amount and it is such a relief! I will slowly rock the full range of motion i can get a few times and wow, what a difference, it has cut down the amount of times i wake in the middle of the night and in general i have been so much more comfortable.

As strange as it is, i thought i had to share in case it works for anyone else, it really has improved my 3rd trimester of pregnancy

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2010, 12:26 PM

LOL, the first thing I thought of when I read the title of the post was "that's easy...just sneeze!" 

But seriously...cool. I've had similar discoveries over what seems like the most basic of functions. 

Mama to Ella (1/15/08) and Django (03/20/11) - remembering 2 angel.gif
Old 12-21-2010, 04:28 PM

Location: Where creepy facebook-featured threads can't find me
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Another thing you can do is squat in the shower, probably puts your body in a similar position. This assumes you can get up =)

Old 12-21-2010, 05:44 PM

cooooool! clap.gif

im definitely going to try this. peeing has become such a chore lately and even when i feel like ive emptied my bladder as much as i can, as soon as i get up i feel like i have to go again! and then 10 minutes later, i still have to go again!

hopefully this technique will help me empty the bladder!

mommy to "mine" (7), "his" (5), and preggers with "ours" due march 2011!!! 

heartbeat.gifIts a GIRL!!!!
Old 12-21-2010, 06:34 PM
myk

this made me laugh, considering i'm dribbling every time i sneeze or cough (and i have a cold).. but at the same time, i have the same problem - i feel like i have to go all the time.. so i go.. pee a tablespoon.. repeat every hour. if i could get more sleep at night, it's worth a shot!

January 2011
Old 12-21-2010, 06:46 PM

Hmm...I have to try this. I always feel like I have to pee, I was beginning to think I had a uti. I was just peeing, standing up, then peeing again, then standing up again in order to make it all come out in one bathroom trip

Mommy to 2 beautiful girls dust.gif4/07 and babyf.gif1/11
Old 12-21-2010, 08:03 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Oh yeah, I always have to do that trick in the later half of the pg to completely empty my bladder. You are just changing your position enough to take the weight of the uterus off the bladder to allow it to fully drain. 

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
Old 12-21-2010, 08:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peony View Post

Oh yeah, I always have to do that trick in the later half of the pg to completely empty my bladder. You are just changing your position enough to take the weight of the uterus off the bladder to allow it to fully drain. 

what strange is i could swear that im actually putting more pressure on my bladder, just higher up or more in the right way, i keep thinking about it like im overcoming the pressure down low in the "out spout" with higher pressure placed up above on the "main bag" of the bladder. cause rocking forward without pressing on the front of the seat with my uterus

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

Old 12-22-2010, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by othersomethings View Post

the first thing I thought of when I read the title of the post was "that's easy...just sneeze!" 

ROTFLMAO.gif

DH & Me + DS(7)  DD(6)  DD(4)  DS(3)  DD(1)  

Baby #6: 20****25****30****35**heartbeat.gif** - EDD December 17, 2010
Old 12-23-2010, 12:16 AM

I found that wearing my maternity belt helped a lot...  But now, at 39 weeks, it's not quite enough anymore...

User Tag List