Maternity Jeans - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 27 Old 12-22-2010, 07:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So anyone have any maternity jeans they absolutely love? I am 5'9" and have a big booty. I'm not that big anywhere else, just have always had wide hips and a booty. I currently have 2 of the same pair of motherhood perfect fit (or whatever they're called) long jeans. They're fine but I'd like something a little cuter, esp on my butt. And they have to be long, regular maternity jeans are not at all long enough. Anyone have any recommendations?

Mama to three wonderful girls, H (9-2-04), A (8-23-07), and Q(4-24-11, our Easter baby). Married to D since (6-3-00).

#2 of 27 Old 12-22-2010, 09:02 PM

In the last nearly seventeen years I have never put on a piece of maternity clothing that I've LOVED. I favour Gap jeans, for whatever it's worth. I assume they come in different lengths as their regular collection does. 

Boys: 12/94, 1/99, 11/03, 6/11. Girls: 11/06, 10/09, 12/12 2ndtri.gif

#3 of 27 Old 12-22-2010, 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kawa kamuri View Post

In the last nearly seventeen years I have never put on a piece of maternity clothing that I've LOVED. I favour Gap jeans, for whatever it's worth. I assume they come in different lengths as their regular collection does. 

GAP makes maternity clothes in the US?

#4 of 27 Old 12-22-2010, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imogenlily View Post
GAP makes maternity clothes in the US?

Are they made in the US? I can't imagine they are. Do they sell them here? Yes.

#5 of 27 Old 12-22-2010, 10:00 PM

Oh my question was poorly worded. I meant do they sell GAP maternity things in the US. I wish they sold them here - GAP makes cute things, and I kind of miss being able to shop there. All we really have here are Thyme and Motherhood and some expensive boutique stores. I can't think of any chain stores which are not dedicated maternity stores and also have maternity lines.

#6 of 27 Old 12-23-2010, 01:15 AM

http://www.gap.com/customerService/storeLocator.do?mlink=5058,2488584,2&clink=2488584

thumb.gif

#7 of 27 Old 12-23-2010, 04:04 AM

I <3 Gap anything! Their jeans are fantastic....but I cant see paying $70 for a pair of jeans almost 7 months into it right now. If you're lucky....you can find them on sale for around $50 or less.

I broke down and went to pea in the pod and found some jeans that I like that were on sale for $50. They will hold me over until I have this babe....I think....I hope.

I don't get motherhood jeans bc hey ALWAYS shrink up...the legs...even if I wash cold and don't dry. Same thing with the shirts.

(Gap's sales racks is where I got/get most of my kids clothes)
#8 of 27 Old 12-23-2010, 05:13 AM

I hate Motherhood clothing.  I bought a few things there my last pregnancy & I haven't even worn them at all this time.  I have 2 pairs of maternity jeans, one from Thyme (Canadian chain) and one from H&M.  I love the H&M ones.  The Thyme ones are okay for when the H&M ones are dirty, but the H&Ms are by far my favourites.  I have a few shirts from H&M that are good too.

Tandem nursing, Baby-wearing, Co-sleeping, Car seat-checkin' (CRST) Mama to my sweet boys, Peter (4.20.08) and Jasper (4.25.11).
#9 of 27 Old 12-23-2010, 06:41 AM

I just ordered some long maternity pants from Old Navy. They're probably similar to those sold at GAP. I'm 5'11" and the length is great.

mama to two sweet girls love.gif 8/05, fairy.gif 11/08, a handsome little guy babyboy.gif 4/11, and expecting another 5/13
always missing our angel1.gif (11/04, 4/07, 8/07, 5/10)
#10 of 27 Old 12-23-2010, 07:02 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I second Old Navy, I am "only" 5'8" so the regulars are generally fine for me, but they have a good fit. I wish they were more durable. Sometimes I wear them out more quickly than I like.

Now that I am thinking about it, I need to find if Levi's makes maternity! THERE is a pant that fits!

Also, I have no butt, zero, zilch. So I generally wear the "teen" pants designed for people without thighs lol.

I'm crunchy... Like a Dorito.
Mama to Sprout jog.gif 4.09 and Bruises babyboy.gif 7.11 handfasted to superhero.gif 9.07

#11 of 27 Old 12-23-2010, 07:04 AM

I have a pair of Gap maternity jeans and I love them. I had to order them online and they were way too expensive for how often I get to wear them but they're so comfortable. I absolutely hate shopping at Motherhood.

goldfish.gif Mischa 9.30.08, ribbonpb.gif Willow 7.4.10 (21 weeks), rainbow1284.gif Nate 8.27.11

#12 of 27 Old 12-23-2010, 08:10 AM

I love the maternity jeans with the secret fit belly.  It's very strange looking, but SO comfortable.  My last pregnancy I bought a Mimi Maternity pair because their prices were between Pea in the Pod and Motherhood, but I can't seem to find that brand online.  I guess they went away?

Mama to a 5.5 yr old boy and a 2.5 yr old girl.  Expecting baby 3 (another girl!) late June
***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***stillheart.gif

#13 of 27 Old 12-23-2010, 09:30 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies, I'll check out GAP and Old Navy. I like the look of some of the Pea in a Pod jeans online, but $150-200 is a bit out of my price range for a pair of jeans I'm only going to wear 4 more months. I am realizing I hate most Motherhood stuff too, the jeans haven't shrunk on me yet, but I don't dry them. Every single shirt I've gotten there has shrunk horribly and I can't even wear them anymore, they don't cover the panel on the jeans. And the sleeves may as well be three quarter, which drives me nuts, I'm freezing, I want LONG sleeves. Okay, rant over. I don't know why I bought quite a bit of things from there this time, I pretty much have to start over now cause nothing fits already. Lesson learned.

Mama to three wonderful girls, H (9-2-04), A (8-23-07), and Q(4-24-11, our Easter baby). Married to D since (6-3-00).

#14 of 27 Old 12-23-2010, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach03 View Post

I love the maternity jeans with the secret fit belly.  It's very strange looking, but SO comfortable.  My last pregnancy I bought a Mimi Maternity pair because their prices were between Pea in the Pod and Motherhood, but I can't seem to find that brand online.  I guess they went away?

Yes! MIMI....I have no idea why I said Pea in the Pod..lol. We have a Mimi in the mall that I shop at. And we have a Destination Maternity about 20-ish minutes away from me that I like to go to bc they have 3 major stores in one. AND, they give you water and OJ when you come in! Such nice ladies that work there! Now I just need to find some big granny panties that fit! Grrr.
#15 of 27 Old 12-23-2010, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floiejo2 View Post
Every single shirt I've gotten there has shrunk horribly and I can't even wear them anymore

This is a relief. I think mine are shrinking too. I had not considered this possibility, I thought I just got suddenly enormous.

#16 of 27 Old 12-23-2010, 01:11 PM

I'm almost as tall as you and LOVE my "Duo" maternity jeans. I have 2 pairs of jeans and 2 pairs of slacks. They are so comfy and wonderful. smile.gif I'm not hippy but my BFF is and one of the pairs of jeans and slacks are hers. She also looked good in them. Let me find a link...

http://www.jcpenney.com/products/Cga31464.jsp

This is just the general JC Penny site. I have the jeans/slacks with the full panel all the way around. Have I mentioned comfy and wonderful? orngbiggrin.gif

Good luck!
Jenne

joy.gifOur joy is born!  joy.gif
            02/11/2011   

#17 of 27 Old 12-23-2010, 06:06 PM

I love my Gap maternity pants. Most come in long. They have tons of stuff online, and some BabyGap stores have a maternity section, as well. Hope that helps!

Adrienne belly.gif - Loving my DHguitar.gif, our daughter Harper Emaline ROTFLMAO.gif (3/2011), and maybe a baby?? jaw2.gif (5/2013)

#18 of 27 Old 12-23-2010, 09:50 PM

old navy maternity jeans are awefull. I returned a pair I had only for a month or so that had torn in so many spots on the so called full panel that really isn't. Now I have a hole in the second pair I have. I only have six more weeks so I am living with the hole.

FYI don't buy anything from Motherhood. I bought something there last pregnancy and they sold my debit card info to a magazine company. I don't even know how that is legal?

living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

#19 of 27 Old 12-24-2010, 07:03 AM

I absolutely LOVE my Mavi jeans. I get them at Destination maternity. They make my butt look awesome - not flat, wide, dumpy, etc. like most other jeans I've tried on. They are a nicer quality denim and don't shrink. Full price the two pairs I have were over $100/each, but I paid probably $70 for each. Even that is a major splurge for me, but it is sooo worth not feeling frustrated every morning when I get dressed! I buy all of my shirts second hand so I make up for it that way. :) 

Katie
#20 of 27 Old 12-24-2010, 08:51 AM

(Also, Motherhood will sell your info to formula and diaper companies even if you say you want to opt out. Again, don't know how that is legal...but when I called to complain they did.not.care one bit. And calling them doesn't do any good, you have to call each of the fomula and diaper companies and opt out with them then...what a pain!)

Jenne

joy.gifOur joy is born!  joy.gif
            02/11/2011   

#21 of 27 Old 12-24-2010, 09:31 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

The only store near me that sell maternity other then the small section at Target is Motherhood so I have bought a couple pieces here and there. Very poor quality, but I refuse to give out any personal info, they always pester me but I have managed to escape getting on their mailing list for 3 pgs now. 

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#22 of 27 Old 12-24-2010, 12:06 PM

I love love love my Thyme maternity '3 in 1' jeans.  But I'm built big in the belly, small in the bum and short legged, so they might not be the right fit on you!

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11
DCP to 1 busy munchkin! and a CRST too!

#23 of 27 Old 12-24-2010, 01:45 PM

I SO miss the Destination Maternity in San Antonio where we used to live.  I wish there was one of those here in Houston.  I really need a new pair of jeans, I'm currently wearing a Gap pair that just has the narrow band and it's already folding down when I sit.  I need a pair of Secret Fit belly jeans but I'd like to try them on.

Mama to a 5.5 yr old boy and a 2.5 yr old girl.  Expecting baby 3 (another girl!) late June
***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***stillheart.gif

#24 of 27 Old 12-24-2010, 02:44 PM

Guess I'm in the minority, but I love my Motherhood Secret Fit Belly Jeans. They are so comfy and stay put if I squat or bend over and stand back up.

Happily married, busy mom to a houseful :-)

Expecting again early Oct 2014!

#25 of 27 Old 12-24-2010, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenne View Post

(Also, Motherhood will sell your info to formula and diaper companies even if you say you want to opt out. Again, don't know how that is legal...but when I called to complain they did.not.care one bit. And calling them doesn't do any good, you have to call each of the fomula and diaper companies and opt out with them then...what a pain!)

Jenne

Yep, this is true.  I refused to give any info to Motherhood when I shopped there.

Tandem nursing, Baby-wearing, Co-sleeping, Car seat-checkin' (CRST) Mama to my sweet boys, Peter (4.20.08) and Jasper (4.25.11).
#26 of 27 Old 12-24-2010, 11:28 PM

I love my Thyme jeans (full panel type).  They were way too long for me and im not that short (5'6") so they would probably be good for a taller woman.  I haven't seen those stores in the USA though, are they only canadian? 

I HATE my Motherhood secret belly fit jeans.  The panel doesnt stay up, i have to wear a bella band over it to keep it in place.  At first I thought it was because my belly was too small in early T2, but it never got better.  It still doesnt stay up now at 39 weeks, so it's definately not because my belly was too small!

#27 of 27 Old 12-27-2010, 02:40 PM

I have jeans from Motherhood - the Heidi Klum "Loved" line, skinny underbelly jeans. When I put them on I felt sexy really for the first time since my regular clothes stopped fitting.

OTOH, things I've bought from Motherhood that weren't part of the Heidi Klum line have been pretty cheaply made. One shirt developed holes within a couple washes and another had a loop that was supposed to hold a little drawstring belt thing, and the loop fell off the first time I wore it.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page