TMI: 34 weeks and mucous discharge? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 12-29-2010, 11:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I've got a TMI question and wanted to see what you all think before I call the midwife (I feel like I call every few days!) - about a week ago I started to have little bits of mucous-y vaginal discharge.  Yellowish, thick - usually in the mornings after not going to the bathroom for a while (I somehow manage to not get up to pee too many times in the night, too tired I guess). I don't usually notice it the rest of the day. No blood or brown stuff. Obviously I'm pre-term, but don't have any other signs of impending labor... I *think* I remember this happening somewhat with my other DD (who's now 5), but I can't remember when it started.  Should I be concerned?  Call the midwife? Or just mention it at my next visit which is next week?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 12-29-2010, 11:43 AM

Definitely check with your midwife if it is concerning to you, but I recall this happening to me right around the same time. I suddenly got VERY goopy down there with thick, yellow-ish, snotty-looking discharge, and stayed that way for the rest of my pregnancy. Some other mamas in my DDC had the same experience around the same time, so I think it is pretty normal. 

#3 of 4 Old 12-29-2010, 12:10 PM

Yep! Goop city here! orngbiggrin.gif I just throw a liner in. If it is itchy or has a strange/off scent I'd be more concerned. Or if it was pink or brown...I decided mine was yellow (I notice it most during early morning) due to the vitamins making my urine more concentrated overnight.

Jenne

joy.gifOur joy is born!  joy.gif
            02/11/2011   

#4 of 4 Old 12-29-2010, 06:53 PM

Normal.

I had it two years ago with my daughter and I have it now (36 weeks), and I've have it for the last week or two.  

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page