Red Raspberry/Nettle Infusion..too strong? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-05-2011, 12:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

I made a red raspberry/nettle infusion last night and this morning I went to drink it in the form of iced tea and it was so awful.  I usually love it as a hot tea, but I wanted to get the added pregnancy nutritional benefits of when it steeps for many, many hours...something about when it's cool it draws out more nutrients...?  Not even sure about it.

Anyway, I added fresh squeezed lemon and it was just so bitter and strong.  I forced myself to drink about 1/3 of it and then added in some pomegranate juice that I had on hand.  That made it a little more tolderable but I still am having trouble finishing it.  I'm not an iced tea drinker at all so I don't even know if it's supposed to taste that bitter or not. 

Is your overnight infusion SUPER strong tasting?  What do you do to make it more palatable?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2011, 03:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I haven't made any that steeped over night since my last pregnancy but what if you added less leaves?

Old 01-05-2011, 03:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I think as iced tea you are supposed to cut it 50/50 with water. That + some kind of sweetener should really help.

I brew it hot in a thermal carafe, stays hot for 12 hours- and I add a cinnamon stick & rose hips, mostly for taste. I hadn't ever heard that there was value in allowing it to cool.

Mother to R- 2/09, & C- 5/11

User Tag List