Help me figure out my due date! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-11-2011, 09:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm trying to determine gestation. I've been mulling it over, confused, this whole pregnancy, and I'm either 31 or 32.5 weeks pregnant! There are two likely ovulation dates, about 10 days apart, because I had two separate patches of EWCM. I didn't temp, was traveling abroad, under a lot of stress, and it was an unusual cycle, so that doesn't really help in figuring things out. eyesroll.gif

LMP 5/31

watery-EWCM 6/8-6/11 (CD 9-12)

EWCM 6/16-6/22 (CD 17-23)

First very faint BFP on 6/26 (CD 27)

So if I O'd on 6/11 (CD12), then I didn't get a BFP until 15dpo (with 2 Clear Blue early tests, and the FRER that day was a BFN). That's suspiciously late. (With my son, I had a BFP at 9-10dpo)

BUT, if I O'd on 6/20-22 (CD 21-23), then I got a BFP only 4-6dpo, which is suspiciously early. Is it possible to have a BFP only 5dpo?

Everything I've read says that you O on the last day of EWCM, and it dries up right after with the hormonal shift. But, I've also been told the long stretch of EWCM could actually be pregnancy related.

Also, with my son, my fundal height always measured 1-2cm behind. With this pregnancy, it's measured 2cm ahead the entire time, based on the later O date. I know both are normal, it's the difference that's odd to me and makes me wonder if I actually O'd on the earlier date.

So, what say you, MDC mamas? orngbiggrin.gif When did I ovulate? Am I 31+2 or 32+5 weeks pregnant?

#2 of 5 Old 01-12-2011, 12:55 PM

Are you with a midwife who will allow you to go post-dates?  If not then you might want to get a more definite idea.. if so..... then other then for curiousity reasons it probably doesn't matter.

I have PCOS and my O' dates are all over the place (cd11, cd40, etc) ..... with my OB pregnancies we just did an early ultrasound to date things.  With my midwife pregnancies we've just gone by symptoms and felt comfortable enough by that dating to be fine.

Rae 27 DH Phillip 32 married 11-22-03
DS1 Nathaniel b. 11-21-04, DS2 Ian b. 9-8-06, DS3 Samuel b. 10-1-08, DS4 Peter b. 5-24-11

#3 of 5 Old 01-12-2011, 02:20 PM - Thread Starter

I'm UP/UCing, so it doesn't matter in that sense. I'm really only concerned because I'm trying to plan when to have a doula friend fly in, and I'd like to have contingency plans for where to send my mother who will be staying with us until 2 days before the earlier possible EDD (and who is NOT welcome at the birth)!

#4 of 5 Old 01-12-2011, 03:09 PM

Ahh I see .. hmm I don't know that there is a way to tell for sure though.  Even measuring large by a little doesn't necessarily put you ahead of the previously thought due date as you've noted. 

Rae 27 DH Phillip 32 married 11-22-03
DS1 Nathaniel b. 11-21-04, DS2 Ian b. 9-8-06, DS3 Samuel b. 10-1-08, DS4 Peter b. 5-24-11

#5 of 5 Old 01-12-2011, 05:28 PM

It usually take about a week for implantation to occur after conception.  It then takes about 2 days (women and pregnancies differ but this is in general) for the HCG to be present in urine enough for a pg test to be positive.  So 5 days po would be extremely unlikely.  You probably got pg with the earlier ewcm based on that.  I don't know how many pgs you have had but its really hard to say what is normal for you if you have only had one or two past experiences to compare to.  Because first pgs are almost always different since your body is new at whats going on.  Once its already been through it things change. I measured behind with my first, right on with my 2nd, ahead with my 3-9 which is where I am now.  But I wouldn't have been able to tell what was normal for me based on those first 3 pgs since they were all different in that regard. 

Expecting #9.  Always busy hsing.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page