~*~The BSL Graduate/Stalking Thread - NEW YEAR 2011 EDITION~*~ - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 126 Old 01-13-2011, 06:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome to the NEW YEAR 2011 EDITION Thread Mamas!!
Looking forward to adding some of our BSLs to the list over here,
we need some new babies!

This is a spinoff of the Bitter Sushi Ladies Thread over on the TTC board. Some of us have very happily made it to the "other side" and we want to be able to keep track of each other.

Our fellow BSL's that are still on their TTC journey like to check up on us from time to time too - which we really appreciate - since they continue to be in the midst of a sometimes brutal and just "NOT FAIR" TTC journey...

~Our February 2011 Baby!~

Congrats to Finnegansmom, and Welcome Henry Beckett!

Born Feb 19 at 4:02am weighing 10lbs 5oz and, 22 inches long

~Our January 2011 Baby!~

Congrats to Jessica, and Welcome Asher Kingston!

Born January 20 at 9:18pm weighing 8lbs 5 oz, 21 inches long

~Our December 2010 Baby!~

Congrats to QBear'smama and Welcome Jack Everett

Born on December 17th, 9lbs 2.5 oz, 22 inches long

~Our November 2010 Babies!~

Congrats to KellyTTC#1 and Welcome Hilary and Charlotte

Born on November 11th, Hilary (6 lbs. 11 oz.) and Charlotte (5 lbs. 1 oz)

~Our October 2010 Babies!~

Congrats to Carlyle and Welcome Baby Maggie
Born on October 9th, 11 pounds 2 ounces!

Congrats to Lyndzies and Welcome Baby Cadence James
Born on October 15th, 8:43pm, 10 pounds 9 ounces, 22 inches

Congrats to YummyYumYumMama and Welcome Baby Kieran
Born on October 27th, 11:32am, 5 pounds 12 ounces 17 inches

~Our September 2010 Baby!~
Congrats to Maeryn Pearl and Welcome Baby Maeryn Jean
Born on September 27th, 7lbs6oz and 20 in long

~Our August 2010 Baby!~
Congrats to colorbywords and Welcome Baby Emery Oaklynn
Born on August 3rd at 8:46 PM, 8 lbs 11 oz 20.5 inches long

~Our July 2010 Baby!~
Congrats to LZP and Welcome Baby Anna Veronica
Born at 36 weeks on July 18th at 4:04 AM, 7 lbs 2 oz 17.5 inches long

~Our June 2010 Babies!~

Congrats to Pinoikoi and Welcome Baby Ursula Marisol
Born on June 23rd at 6:40 AM 8 lbs 10 oz, 21 inches long

Congrats to Lisko15 and Welcome Baby Caleb Benjamin
Born on June 24th at 7:36PM 9 lbs 1 oz, 22 inches long

~Our May 2010 Babies!~

Congrats to Jelinifer and Welcome Baby Finnegan Hubert
Born on May 1st, 8 lbs 10 oz, 21 1/2 inches long

Congrats to jillc512 and Welcome Baby Albert Boaz
Born at home on May 4th at 3:29 pm, 8 lbs 11 oz, 20 3/4 inches long

Congrats to Starkyld and Welcome Baby Elliott Marlowe
Born at home May 25th at 9:24AM, 9lbs 8 oz 21 inches long

~Our February 2010 Baby~
Congrats to Lauren31 Welcome Baby 
Born February 7th at 10:40PM, 7 lbs 12 oz, 20 1/2 inches long

And the rest of us... still waiting...

Nannette56- TTC #2 after loss, due 4/2011  !
Kalamos23 - TTC #2 after 3 losses, due 4/2011

Slylives _________________  due 6/11

Maurine TTC #1 for 1.5 years, due 8/2/11

Tear78 - TTC #1 for 2.5 years and 3 losses, due 8/4/11 

Jane ____________________ due ???

Our thoughts are with
Enigo ~ April 2010 ~
We hope to have you back with us very, very soon.

As always, we are sending a whole lot of to you Ladies over on BSL Proper.
PLEASE GET OVER HERE to keep us company!!!!!

Wife (32) of 8 years to DH (33), Mom to Logan geek.gif (7), and Tristan and Cael, twins.gif the wee ones, born 3/18/11! And OMW a surprise babyf.gif due 2/2013!
#2 of 126 Old 01-13-2011, 06:28 AM - Thread Starter

And we're off and running in the new year. Now we just need some of those BSL's on the other side to get preggo and get their butts over here! Sending them lots of praying.gif and goodvibes.gif!!! Jessica, how are you feeling??

Wife (32) of 8 years to DH (33), Mom to Logan geek.gif (7), and Tristan and Cael, twins.gif the wee ones, born 3/18/11! And OMW a surprise babyf.gif due 2/2013!
#3 of 126 Old 01-13-2011, 06:48 AM

Hello! Thanks Nanette for the new thread!!! 

I'm feeling good, getting anxious really to have this little one. Pregnancy is a part of the whole deal but I've really just wanted a little one for years now! So the fact that I'm SOOO close is like ahh! I'm ready, there are still things to do and stuff to keep me busy but it's really hard at this stage to not spend every second of every day wishing for labor. There are a couple of fun things on the agenda for next week so if I make it there I'll have a couple of nice nights out!

Jessica, wife to Greg since 7/04, mama to the rainbow1284.gif Gman 7/06, 3 brokenheart.gif , rainbow1284.gif Asher 1/11 and a wonderful surprise due in August!

#4 of 126 Old 01-13-2011, 09:56 AM

Nanette - Thanks for the lovely thread, I think I'll go ahead and join you all here!

Jessica - Excited for your upcoming birth!

So, may I join? 

I was over on the BSL thread for about 10 months or so...not the longest person there by a long shot, I know!  We went through 2 IUIs and then got pregnant on our first IVF...we've also been through a sperm scare (first RE said IVF was our only chance since DH had 0% morphology.  Got a second opinion and morphology was normal.  Went with that 2nd RE for treatment!) and through a miscarriage scare (right before Christmas they saw an empty sac at 6w4d and told me we had a 90% chance of miscarriage.  Lo-and-behold, 6 days later there was a healthy bean!).  Anyway, I hope all this is enough to put us in the "smooth sailing" category for the rest of this precious pregnancy. 

Since everyone is sharing their baby pics...here are mine!  :)  1st is at 3 days old,  2nd is from this week, at 11 weeks.

embyro_a_small.jpg

11w_b_small.jpg

#1 stork-boy.gif born after IVF.

#5 of 126 Old 01-13-2011, 10:28 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurine View Post

Nanette - Thanks for the lovely thread, I think I'll go ahead and join you all here!

Jessica - Excited for your upcoming birth!

So, may I join? 

I was over on the BSL thread for about 10 months or so...not the longest person there by a long shot, I know!  We went through 2 IUIs and then got pregnant on our first IVF...we've also been through a sperm scare (first RE said IVF was our only chance since DH had 0% morphology.  Got a second opinion and morphology was normal.  Went with that 2nd RE for treatment!) and through a miscarriage scare (right before Christmas they saw an empty sac at 6w4d and told me we had a 90% chance of miscarriage.  Lo-and-behold, 6 days later there was a healthy bean!).  Anyway, I hope all this is enough to put us in the "smooth sailing" category for the rest of this precious pregnancy. 

Since everyone is sharing their baby pics...here are mine!  :)  1st is at 3 days old,  2nd is from this week, at 11 weeks.

embyro_a_small.jpg

11w_b_small.jpg

Awww!!! I was wondering when you would be joining us! WELCOME!!! One of the things I love about IVF is that we get a picture of our beans at 3,4,5 days old- It's just sooo amazing! Congrats again Maurine!! I'm going to add you to the list, let me know if there's anything in particular you want on there aside from what I have now :) H&H 9 months, and I'll be stalking you and Tear in the August DDC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica_s View Post

Hello! Thanks Nanette for the new thread!!! 

I'm feeling good, getting anxious really to have this little one. Pregnancy is a part of the whole deal but I've really just wanted a little one for years now! So the fact that I'm SOOO close is like ahh! I'm ready, there are still things to do and stuff to keep me busy but it's really hard at this stage to not spend every second of every day wishing for labor. There are a couple of fun things on the agenda for next week so if I make it there I'll have a couple of nice nights out!

Good for keepin' busy! It seems like most of us get right up to (and over) that 40 week mark!! Here's hoping for a very safe (and fast) labor for you mama!

#6 of 126 Old 01-13-2011, 10:34 AM

YAY!! Welcome Maurine! I try to keep up with the BSL thread and wow what a roller coster you've had so far. I do hope the rest of the journey is uncomplicated and way less scary! The 3 day picture is very cool. 

Here's a belly shot from 4 days ago, this is at about 38 weeks, not the best pic ever lol but you get the idea!

Photo on 2011-01-09 at 15.jpg

Jessica, wife to Greg since 7/04, mama to the rainbow1284.gif Gman 7/06, 3 brokenheart.gif , rainbow1284.gif Asher 1/11 and a wonderful surprise due in August!

#7 of 126 Old 01-13-2011, 11:21 AM

Nanette: thanks for the new thread!

Maurine: welcome!  I truly hope that the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly.  I can relate to how you are feeling.  I laugh at my username now that my girls are here... it just felt I was so long in the TTC phase and now that there are here I seem to have forgotten most of that time... or maybe I'm just sleep deprived :)

Jessica: you look great!  Labor will come before you know it so try to enjoy the last little while... you're almost there!

2twins.gif Twin Girls on November 11, 2010
#8 of 126 Old 01-13-2011, 04:32 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hey, you guys. I'm sorry I've been so absent. I haven't been in a really post-y place. We found out Monday that we lost our Baby B. Our Baby A looked wonderfully, beautifully healthy, and we're focusing on that. It's been a tough week though, processing the sad part, and sending positive thoughts to my belly that Baby A continues to do wonderfully. Thanks for sending your love and support! Your pictures are so adorable: keep sharing!!! blowkiss.gif

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#9 of 126 Old 01-13-2011, 07:29 PM

Tear I'm so sorry for your Baby B! I am sure Baby A will continue to do marvelously.

Jessica you look great! I was very anxious starting at like 37 weeks and every day told DH... "some people go into labor now... Why not me" so good job keeping busy!

I haven't dug up our old thread to catch up but hope everyone else is doing great!

I was going to put a pic on here but don't have a URL for one so if you want to see our sweet Emery (who is 5 months already! And 18 lbs!) you can check our website colorwithwords.com if I can figure out a URL from the site I'll come back to share pictures of our chunky monkey.
#10 of 126 Old 01-14-2011, 10:19 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tear78 View Post

Hey, you guys. I'm sorry I've been so absent. I haven't been in a really post-y place. We found out Monday that we lost our Baby B. Our Baby A looked wonderfully, beautifully healthy, and we're focusing on that. It's been a tough week though, processing the sad part, and sending positive thoughts to my belly that Baby A continues to do wonderfully. Thanks for sending your love and support! Your pictures are so adorable: keep sharing!!! blowkiss.gif

Oh Tear, I'm so so sorry mama. I was stalking you yesterday and saw that you changed your siggy, and I've been thinking about you and sending you all kinds of positive thoughts and prayers. There's just no words. I'm happy to hear that Baby A is doing so well though. I know he or she will grow big, strong and healthy! Hang in there love!hug2.gif

#11 of 126 Old 01-17-2011, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanette56 View Post

Oh Tear, I'm so so sorry mama. I was stalking you yesterday and saw that you changed your siggy, and I've been thinking about you and sending you all kinds of positive thoughts and prayers. There's just no words. I'm happy to hear that Baby A is doing so well though. I know he or she will grow big, strong and healthy! Hang in there love!hug2.gif

Thanks, hon! We had another u/s this morning, and our baby looked beautiful and strong and bouncy. Hubby and I both practically gulped down air in relief when we saw our little beautiful baby jumping up and down in there. I've been feeling more nauseous again, too, which is reassuring.

Colorbywords, I can't wait to see your pics! love.gif

love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Remembering our 3 losses

#12 of 126 Old 01-17-2011, 02:46 PM
rcr

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Oh Maurine I love the pics. I just came over to stalk you and see how you are doing. Hope it is smooth sailing now!

Tear, hope you are doing OK too. I imagine it has been a tough few weeks hug.gif

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#13 of 126 Old 01-17-2011, 08:47 PM

Hey Ladies...

Just popping in quick (since I'm supposed to be working) to say Hi and Thanks, Nanette for starting the new thread!

Maurine - So glad you came over here so we can follow your pgcy! Adorable little bean picture by the way. My baby DS's "bean" picture from 9 weeks is still on our fridge (and on my cell phone). I look at the one on the fridge almost every day and think how amazing it is - especially since I often have my little munchkin in arms!

Jessica - How are you doing?

Tear - I am so happy to hear that you had another u/s today and saw the baby-bean healthy and bouncy and GOOD! Will you continue to have weekly ultrasounds? I hope so... at least until you can feel that little baby movin' and groovin'!

Not much is new here. Caleb has started to "cry" for me when he can see me and I'm not holding him, mostly when he's tired or hungry. Very cute (for now) and makes Mommy feel soo very, very loved!

He likes so few solids, but what he does like... he has expensive taste. His favorites so far are avocado and mango! No mashed banana for him!

Hope all is well with everyone!

Lis ~ Married to my favorite boy partners.gif and raising "our" three ~
DS 14 (hisjammin.gif ~ DD 9 (mineloveeyes.gif ~ toddlerDS 2! (ours) bouncy.gif

#14 of 126 Old 01-18-2011, 10:44 AM

Mmmm....I myself could use some avacado and mango...  :)

#15 of 126 Old 01-18-2011, 02:29 PM

Yay! It's good to hear from everyone! Lots of hugs your way Tear, I'm glad to hear about your little one bouncing around!! 

Just a quick AFM 

Nothing going yet, just a ton of BH's which are fun and all but it's making me really anxious for the real deal. The people who we're going to need to call first thing to come and take care of my DS are calling us daily now asking if there are any "signs". LOL My MIL who is going to be coming to help take care of DS while I'm in labor/in the hospital actually FB'd, texted, then called and left a voice mail for my DH all in the span of about 2 minutes ... to see if it was ok if she ran to the store. Dear god, it could be another 2 weeks of this! 

#16 of 126 Old 01-18-2011, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurine View Post

Mmmm....I myself could use some avacado and mango...  :)

ROTFLMAO.gif ME TOO!!! upsidedown.gif

Lis, we go in again in two weeks for another u/s. Two weeks is a long time compared, but I feel much better about it after yesterday's experience. How fun that you can look at DS's u/s pic on the fridge! We're hoping to be able to put together a baby album for our little one starting at 4 days past retrieval. Keep growing, little marvel!!!

rcr, Hi girl! wave.gif How are you doing?

jessica, your post made me laugh picturing all the people dancing around you in anticipation, though I know it's probably not funny IRL. I can't imagine how on-the-edge-of-your-seat you must feel. Thinking of you!

Remembering our 3 losses

#17 of 126 Old 01-18-2011, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tear78 View Post

jessica, your post made me laugh picturing all the people dancing around you in anticipation, though I know it's probably not funny IRL. I can't imagine how on-the-edge-of-your-seat you must feel. Thinking of you!

No, it is actually pretty funny! The anticipation is about to drive me crazy though. Pregnancy even if it goes fast is a long time. The first half I spent worrying and wondering if we'd really have a baby and the second half I spent waiting for this little guy! There were no long classes this time, no going out for prenatal yoga, no little bitty tiny things to collect (we kept everything from DS) so I've spent a lot of time ready and waiting! Not that I'm complaining, there's just a whole lot less fanfare this time around. :) 

The edge of the seat feeling is very similar to the end of a tww (which all of you ladies are very family with) or to those first few weeks when your not sure if you got a sticky one, or a million other wait-for-your-fate-to-be-decided moments. There is always an end to it though, nobody has been pregnant forever! That's my mantra lol 

#18 of 126 Old 01-19-2011, 12:56 AM

Quote:

The edge of the seat feeling is very similar to the end of a tww (which all of you ladies are very family with) or to those first few weeks when your not sure if you got a sticky one, or a million other wait-for-your-fate-to-be-decided moments. There is always an end to it though, nobody has been pregnant forever! That's my mantra lol 

A TWW where everyone and their second cousin and their second cousin's neighbor knows about it.  And is super excited.  love.giforngbiggrin.gif  I AM SO EXCITED to be on the other side of that for Tear!!!  I plan to make myself very annoying...

Mama to Nell (11/15/06) and Maggie (10/9/10) . AFTER 2.5 YEARS, I AM AN AUNTIE!!! joy.gifHOORAY TEAR78 and welcome Anika and Brand New Baby Boy!!!!  Circumcision: the more you know, the worse it is; please leave the decision up to your son!

#19 of 126 Old 01-19-2011, 07:47 AM

Hi Ladies!  It's been forever, I've been caught up in the holidays and trying to get stuff done before the baby gets here (20 more days!) and then I get slammed with a nasty stomach virus.  Evil.

Congrats Tear and Maurine!  So excited to see you both over here! 

Jessica, hang in there!  I do know about the fanfare and lack there of.  No one has shown ANY interest in this pregnancy at all, my inlaws live next door and I think have asked how I was once a few months ago.  I'm not even sure they know my due date.... ugh.  I'm trying to make myself useful these last months cleaning closets and getting rid of some clothes, washing newborn clothes, bought a few small things for the new baby (sheets, lamp, rug).  After 2 boys, some of the things we do have are kind of worn.

Also, Jessica your belly photo is adorable! 

Oh and for the record, I have officially stopped wearing socks.  Yup, January in Massachusetts.  No socks, can't do it.  I just bought a pair of sherpa lined clip on mules to wear for the next few weeks.  I took my 4 year old to school wearing them and he said to me "mommy how come you have your slippers on?"   Because I'm too big to bend over, honey....

Michelle ~
Mama to ~ Finnegan(10/06) ~ Samuel (7/08) ~ Henry (2/11) ~ He's here! joy.gif Baxter (11/12)

#20 of 126 Old 01-19-2011, 10:12 AM
rcr

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tear Hi to you too. Glad baby A is bouncing around. I am fine. Actually, I am feeling really optimistic about IVF. A little overwhelmed by the process and the prospect of giving myself huge shots of progesterone in the ass for ten weeks if we are successful, but ya know, I am sure I will get through it. I took by shot class last week and was scared off by the size of that needle. The little tummy shot needles didn't look too scary, but the hsg and progesterone shots... wow.

finnegan -Hi there. wow, you are big now? I guess you would be. Seems like yesterday you just got you bfp though. Pregnancy goes by fast when you are not the one who is huge and uncomfortable.

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#21 of 126 Old 01-19-2011, 10:19 AM - Thread Starter

I'll get back and do some personals soon, but I wanted to say HI RCR!!!  And I'm really excited for you and the IVF!! You probably already heard this tidbit in the shot class, but I just wanted to make sure: ICE ICE ICE your rear end for at least 10 minutes prior to the shot. I mean you should not be able to feel your a** after that. The needle is really scary, but it really really doesn't hurt if you've iced enough. DH was a real pro by the end of that progesterone stuff. The only crummy thing is you run out of places to do the shot that are not black and blue lol- but it really doesn't hurt.

k back to work- I'll check up on everyone later!

#22 of 126 Old 01-19-2011, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnegansmom View Post

Oh and for the record, I have officially stopped wearing socks.  Yup, January in Massachusetts.  No socks, can't do it.  I just bought a pair of sherpa lined clip on mules to wear for the next few weeks.  I took my 4 year old to school wearing them and he said to me "mommy how come you have your slippers on?"   Because I'm too big to bend over, honey....

Oh no!  I would feel very sad not to be able to wear my socks right now.  This weekend has a high of 17 (here in MA)!  Yikes!  But your mules actually sound pretty comfy.  (We're almost opposite as far as seasons.  I'm due early August and I know I'll be happy to wear flipflops exclusively, but not happy about the heat and humidity.)

#23 of 126 Old 01-19-2011, 11:10 AM

Hi everyone!!

Nanette - Thank you for the new thread! 

Who said something about a BSL thread in Birth and Beyond and/or Life with a Babe?  I'd be down for that (though I clearly spend less time than I used to on MDC).

Jessica - I SOOOO hear you on comparing the end of pregnancy to the TWW!  I hope you're hanging in there, mama.  The wait is almost over and your babe is going to be in your arms SO SOON!  P.S. you look GREAT!

Maurine - Big congrats on your successful IVF!  I'm so glad to see you over here.  I hope your first trimester has been okay, and that you're smoothly sailing into the bliss of the second.

Kelly - Hi there!  I hope you and the twins are doing well!

Tear - I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, but so glad you're over here, and happy to read the other baby is lookin' good.  We're all cheering you on, and I'm sending you the best wishes for an uneventful rest of your pregnancy.  That is going to be one loved little baby!!! 

colorbywords - going to head over to your blog right after this!  Yay!  Thank you for sharing the link!!!

Lis - that is so sweet that Caleb is active in his "I want mommy" feelings now!  Cady is starting to do the same thing, but I'm fairly certain at this point, it's only milk motivated.  Hehe.

finnegansmom - I hope the next 20 days go by quickly (but that you try to enjoy the last weeks of being pregnant).  Home stretch!!!  I hope you are feeling better, and recovering from your stomach bug.

rcr - I'm sending you positive vibes and good wishes for a successful IVF, lady!  Those shots do sound scary, but I'm sure would be the most "worth it" type of scary I can imagine!

Damn, I know I'm missing people.  LZP, Mae, Lauren... how are you and your babes doing?? I miss everyone!!!

AFU - Cady just turned 3 months.  If you like, you can read my monthly letter to her on my blog.  She's such a fun, happy girl.  She brightens each of my days in ways I just can't describe.  I miss her so much now that I"m back to work, but I am thankful that we have MIL to watch her four days a week.  The fifth day, I work a half day from home, and hang with her.  I think she's going through a growth spurt now, because I'm finding it hard to feed her enough to satisfy her (including pumping enough during the day) but we're working on it and I have a freezer stash.  She started refusing to nurse during the day on weekends (I think because during the day she expects bottles 'cause it's what she gets at Grams' house) but we're working on that, too.  She still has nice, long nursing sessions in the morning and evenings. 

She's HUGE, weighing in at 15 lbs, 6 oz and 25 inches long last Thursday (she was 3 months on Saturday).  She is starting to outgrow some of her 6 months clothes, and started wearing some 9.  Although she's just above the curve and at the top of the curve for length, proportionately, she's in the 50 - 75th percentile, so she doesn't look TOO chubby (except for her CHEEKS!).

I'm feeling pretty good, and have dropped just over 50 lbs since giving birth.  That's 20 under my pre pregnancy weight, so I'm super psyched.  Nursing has been amazing for my metabolism, I guess!  I'm excited to see what happens when I can finally establish a regular workout routine (hard to do since we're still getting used to our regular routines!).  Below is a pic of me at 39 weeks, and then a pic from this morning.  I went to 42 weeks, but this is the last decent preggo photo I have of me for comparison purposes.

weightlosscollage.jpg

Here's one of my favorite pics of her from this past month, and a family photo of the three of us.  Many more on the blog!  :)

peacocksmile.jpg

wilhelmifam_lowres.jpg

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

#24 of 126 Old 01-20-2011, 09:29 AM

Lyndzies- You look great!! Amazing really what a wonderful thing lactation is lol. Cady is as cute as ever! 

Just wanted to put this out, send me pick up labor vibes ladies!! I've been having the real deal contractions since probably about 3:30am. I did get to sleep until I had to get up at 6am and deal with them not laying down. I ate and then decided to go back to bed, slept between them and at least got a little rest. They are really spaced out though, sometimes every 5-10 mins and other times 20-30 minutes. Going to go for a walk here in a little bit after lunch to see if I can get them going. Wish me luck! 

#25 of 126 Old 01-20-2011, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica_s View Post

Lyndzies- You look great!! Amazing really what a wonderful thing lactation is lol. Cady is as cute as ever! 

Just wanted to put this out, send me pick up labor vibes ladies!! I've been having the real deal contractions since probably about 3:30am. I did get to sleep until I had to get up at 6am and deal with them not laying down. I ate and then decided to go back to bed, slept between them and at least got a little rest. They are really spaced out though, sometimes every 5-10 mins and other times 20-30 minutes. Going to go for a walk here in a little bit after lunch to see if I can get them going. Wish me luck! 

Oooooooohhh!!! Good luck!

Mama to Nell (11/15/06) and Maggie (10/9/10) . AFTER 2.5 YEARS, I AM AN AUNTIE!!! joy.gifHOORAY TEAR78 and welcome Anika and Brand New Baby Boy!!!!  Circumcision: the more you know, the worse it is; please leave the decision up to your son!

#26 of 126 Old 01-20-2011, 08:16 PM

Jessica: Can't wait to hear your news!!! I wonder what's going on????

Lyndzies: you look fantastic!! was your weight loss gradual?  Cady is so cute!

Michelle: your slippers sound comfy... I have already forgotten that about how swollen my feet got during pregnancy!

Tear: I'm so happy that Baby A is doing so well.  I look forward to reading your update in 2 weeks.

I love there are fellow IVF success stories here!  Wishing you ladies all the best!

AFM: the girls are 10 weeks today!  They love sitting up in their Bumbo chairs. 

We went to a Baby Talk class today. It's for new mom's to meet and chat.  It was nice to get out of the house.  I don't find we do it that often.  I'm exhausted now but it does make me feel better to get out a bit.

035.jpg

2twins.gif Twin Girls on November 11, 2010
#27 of 126 Old 01-21-2011, 04:43 PM

Lyndzies - You look amazing!!!  Wow, you have lost a lot of weight in 3 months!!  And I love your blog, your family is beautiful.

Jessica - Maybe you are holding your baby right now!!  Eiiik!  I think that would mean I'm next.  I can't wait for details and story.

Maurine - we are down on the RI coast in SE Mass.  We didn't get much snow today but this weekend is supposed to be super cold (sunday night especially).  These are the shoes I bought. http://www.zappos.com/product/7431037/color/3  I got black and brown.  They might be a little young for me, I'm pushing haggard in years but they fit and are super comfy and I don't even NEED socks.  I just can't bend over anymore.  Like, I CAN"T do it.  It's not that it hurts, I cannot bend over.  I pay my kids spare change to pick up things from the floor (which they should pick up for free since it's their toys but I'm also getting really exhausted arguing with a 2 year old, and nickels apparently speak louder than words).

RCR - I hope the IVF goes smoothly for you!! 

Kelly - Your girls are adorable!  Getting so big.....we have that bumbo too.  So fun.  My kids have been playing with it since it made its reappearance a few weeks ago. 

AFM - I'll be 38 weeks on tuesday, feeling better FINALLY although my youngest was pukey yesterday but seems fine today.  Kids bounce back so quick.  I'm trying to get things down, I need to put up the "probably too girly for a unisex nursery" wall decals we bought this weekend AND nag my husband for the 20935702th time to clean the car so we can install the car seat.  And I need to flip my 2 yo front facing.  My dh doesn't know how to install car seats...so me and my enormous belly will be swearing and sweating in the back seat this frigid weekend trying to get them in.  Yay!  I'm meeting with my MW next week with my birth plan.  I don't think I'm mentally prepared to have this baby.  I need some time, after everything is ALL DONE, to relax and just think about this pregnancy and prepare myself.  This whole pregnancy has been SO hectic....trying to get so much done and then the holidays.  Oy.  I say that and I'll go to 43 weeks and have plenty of time to dwell on it. 

Hope everyone has a great weekend! 

Michelle ~
Mama to ~ Finnegan(10/06) ~ Samuel (7/08) ~ Henry (2/11) ~ He's here! joy.gif Baxter (11/12)

#28 of 126 Old 01-22-2011, 09:35 AM

He's here!!! Asher Kingston was born 1/20 at 9:18pm. 8.5lbs and 21inches. 

I was in early labor all day but things didn't pick up until 7pm, so it was quick! Actually if we weren't 5 mins from the hospital he'd have been born at home or on the road lol. I was only at the hospital 8 mins and 3 pushes. Sooo different than last time wow. More details to come! 

My two boys!

g&a.jpg

#29 of 126 Old 01-22-2011, 01:49 PM

Congrats Jessica! Holy Fast Labor... I'm so terribly jealous, but happy for you that it went so easy and fast the 2nd time around! Big brother looks very, very proud!

Lyndzies... You do look great! Lactating doesn't seem to be THAT much of a diet for me. Keeps my weight maintained pretty well, but I don't continue to lose. It might help if I didn't say... "oh, I can have that extra scoop of ice cream or that extra cookie... its for Caleb!"

I was the one to mention a thread on Life with a Babe. However, I wonder if it would just move way too slow, and then if we didn't post here, this thread would go super slow. Maybe we can just keep this one for now, unless someone has another idea???

Not much else to say... Caleb will be 7 months this Monday! Crazy how fast time goes. 7 months of pregnancy seems interminably LONG and slow... but 7 months of baby-life goes by way too fast.

Lis ~ Married to my favorite boy partners.gif and raising "our" three ~
DS 14 (hisjammin.gif ~ DD 9 (mineloveeyes.gif ~ toddlerDS 2! (ours) bouncy.gif

#30 of 126 Old 01-22-2011, 02:25 PM

Congrats Jessica!  He's adorable and DS1 looks like a proud big brother!

I've been cleaning and dealing in the nursery all day long.  Nesting?  Or being pyscho more like it.  I'm trying to teach my 4 yo how to swiffer and had my boys washing windows earlier...LOL...keeps them out of trouble. 

Stay warm everyone...it's chilly here....

Michelle ~

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page