did you take a Gluclose screening test? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-18-2011, 02:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I didn't take the Gluclose test as my homebirth midwives felt confident that I was fine (no problem last pregnancy, health, eat well, etc). But I saw an OBGYN today who was insistent that I should have taken it, and said I should do it ASAP. Now I'm confused. What do you think? 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2011, 03:54 PM

I took it the first two times, had the option to decline it with my third and didn't take it that time, and just took it yesterday for this one.  I felt fine declining in my third pg b/c of my track record with the previous two plus the fact that I showed no other signs of GD.  This time I took it b/c my mw is with another practice (the only mw there) and since it wasn't a big deal to me to take it, I decided not to take a stand on it -- I am also 30 pounds heavier this time and wanted to make sure that wasn't impacting anything healthwise.

Baking mama to dd (7.5), ds (6), ds (3.5) and someone new in April
Old 01-19-2011, 08:47 AM

i declined the test with my previous 2 pregnancies (used a midwife) and this time the dr.s office kept asking me about it and i told my dr. i didn't want to drink that stuff so he said that was fine, they could test me by testing my blood levels 2 hours after a regular lunch. so i'd eat at 1:30 and have an appointment at 3:30. he said he would do that 2 appointments in a row if the numbers were normal he wouldn't test any further. my numbers were fine so we aren't concerned about it. there is also a "breakfast test" where they give you a certain breakfast to eat and then go in and get the blood tested. might want to ask about alternate testing methods. my dr. was totally fine with it.

Lisa, wife to Jacob, mom to DS Ryan (4), DD Clover (2.5) and DD Mae (born 2/3/2011)

User Tag List