More frequent bowel movements? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-22-2011, 03:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have a new TMI symptom. I have been pretty constipated this pregnancy, and even more so when I have recently tried to supplement with iron.  It got so bad I had to stop taking the iron for a while (probably close to a week at this point, although I've done Floradix twice this week.)  

I generally can only go about once every 2 or 3 days, even with stool softener to help.  I've been 3 times already today.  And I don't think I even took any stool softener yesterday or the day before.  

I'm a smidge worried, since I have read that cleaning out of the bowels can be a sign of early labor. I'm almost 33 weeks and I have had one at 33 weeks (but only after illness and complications) and one at 36 weeks.   Do you all think I need to worry at all or should I just relax and see how the rest of the day goes?

#2 of 5 Old 01-22-2011, 03:37 PM

Certainly, this is something that is different for everyone, however my "cleaning out" with all 3 of my kids was more like diarrhea and vomitting (think food poisoning) for 24 hours prior to labor.

#3 of 5 Old 01-22-2011, 03:39 PM

I think bm's can be all over the map when you're pregnant. My first trimester I had an upset stomach all the time and went frequently, my second tri I struggled with a bit on constipation and now in the 3rd tri I'm pretty normal. I wouldn't worry unless it continues for several days.

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
#4 of 5 Old 01-22-2011, 07:51 PM

My loose bowel movement didn't happen until I was well into labor with my dd.  
I would relax and try not to stress about it, as long you're not having contractions with the loose stool :)

Jenni Wife to Jason and Mommy to Enza 9/08 energy.gifand Grayson 1/11 h20homebirth.gif   novaxnocirc.gif lactivist.gif

#5 of 5 Old 01-22-2011, 09:21 PM - Thread Starter

thanks ladies.  I think I'm just overly paranoid after two preemies.  I want this one to stay put at least 3 more weeks, but 7 would be better!  Any time something feels different or off or unusual, I question it.  I'm so nervous now that I'm hitting the window when my other two were born. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page