Mothering Forum banner

More frequent bowel movements?

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Lousli 
#1 ·
I have a new TMI symptom. I have been pretty constipated this pregnancy, and even more so when I have recently tried to supplement with iron. It got so bad I had to stop taking the iron for a while (probably close to a week at this point, although I've done Floradix twice this week.)

I generally can only go about once every 2 or 3 days, even with stool softener to help. I've been 3 times already today. And I don't think I even took any stool softener yesterday or the day before.

I'm a smidge worried, since I have read that cleaning out of the bowels can be a sign of early labor. I'm almost 33 weeks and I have had one at 33 weeks (but only after illness and complications) and one at 36 weeks. Do you all think I need to worry at all or should I just relax and see how the rest of the day goes?

#3 ·
I think bm's can be all over the map when you're pregnant. My first trimester I had an upset stomach all the time and went frequently, my second tri I struggled with a bit on constipation and now in the 3rd tri I'm pretty normal. I wouldn't worry unless it continues for several days.

#5 ·
thanks ladies. I think I'm just overly paranoid after two preemies. I want this one to stay put at least 3 more weeks, but 7 would be better! Any time something feels different or off or unusual, I question it. I'm so nervous now that I'm hitting the window when my other two were born.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.