Can You Tell a Woman is Pregnant Before She Knows It? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 43 Old 04-26-2012, 07:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

The author of "What I Thought I Knew" was told she was looked pregnant by a lay, gay guy, when even her doctors didn't know (she was deemed infertile, in menopause).

Years ago, I was in Chinatown in Montreal, getting a foot massage. A tall, overweight woman walks in with her husband and sits down for a massage next to me. After a few seconds of massaging her, the masseuse says something in Chinese; someone gets up, gets the supervisor, who translates "you're pregnant, aren't you?" They were dumbfounded that they could tell just by touching her feet. The owner said they had to customize the massage to use the right pressure points.

http://lbdf.lilypie.com/2RSWm4.png

#32 of 43 Old 04-26-2012, 07:25 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by krankedyann View Post

Yes.  I've noticed subtle changes in a woman's face before and could pick right up on it.  I've told several women they were expecting before they knew!

That's interesting! I am 4 weeks and 4 days and I told DH lastnite that I am starting to have a pregnant face already.

belly.gif1***5****10****15****20****25****30****35heartbeat.gif***40babygirl.gif

#33 of 43 Old 04-26-2012, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokering View Post

Quote:
Yes.  I've noticed subtle changes in a woman's face before and could pick right up on it.

You mean like chloasma? Mum noticed that on a woman at church once (I don't think it was before she knew, but before she'd told anyone). I couldn't see a difference. Or do you mean the face looks puffier or chubbier or something? Or something more poetic? :p As a non-intuitive person, I'm fascinated!

I did have weird dreams that SIL was going to go into labour the night before she did, though; and weird strong Braxton-Hicks all that day. Which was odd, because we're friends, but we're not THAT close...

It's a fullness along the jaw bone for me.

belly.gif1***5****10****15****20****25****30****35heartbeat.gif***40babygirl.gif

#34 of 43 Old 04-26-2012, 07:36 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)

I posted when this thread was originally started, but since then, yeah my husband was telling people I was pregnant before I even tested.

#35 of 43 Old 04-28-2012, 09:24 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Wow! Surprised by how common it is, but I truly think that some people are more in touch with their intuition than others.

My good friend (before she even knew she was pregnant) was speaking to her neighbour across the fence (he was an 80 year old polish optometrist) when he leaned forward and looked into her eyes and said "Congratulations, your pregnant with a boy!"

Needless to say she was! And yup, they now have a little boy!!   No idea how he figured that out????

I didn't know my friend was pregnant before she tested, but that was sight related rather than intuition. (Her jaw got puffy).

And right before my husband and I started trying the month we conceived I said to him "There is a little girl around me...." And I am not usually "spiritual" like that! Then as soon as I tested i thought "GIRL" and as soon as I told my best friend she screamed "YOUR HAVING A GIRL!"

We will have yo wait and see! I am due around Christmas!

treehugger.gifHappy Vegetarian Gal and geek.gif Techie Man-   heartbeat.gifNewly Wed!!!heartbeat.gif  Expecting "Albi" Christmas 2012 diaper.gif

Looking forward to homebirth.jpgbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIF fuzmalesling.gif cd.gif

#36 of 43 Old 04-29-2012, 01:27 PM

My exhusband knew before I did.....

that's kind of sweet and creepy.

8 might be enough
#37 of 43 Old 04-29-2012, 02:08 PM

Lol Shiloh!

#38 of 43 Old 04-29-2012, 02:52 PM

He told all of my friends when he knew and why.

It was 2 days before I even thought I might be.

8 might be enough
#39 of 43 Old 04-30-2012, 09:02 AM

In my case four knew before me.  One of them predicted the month over 6 months beforehand and was accurate.  

happy family!joy.gif we winner.jpgfemalesling.GIFnocirc.gif

#40 of 43 Old 04-30-2012, 09:26 PM

I was maybe 4-5 days past ovulation and some random lady in a store at the mall put her hand on my stomach and told me grats. I was like, wtf?! because I didn't look/act/etc any different and I certainly didn't know it at the time. I'm slightly overweight but I don't LOOK pregnant by any means.

She was right. How, I'll never understand. Craziness.

Mom to 4 cat.gif, 1 dog2.gif, a 5g betta tank , 3 fiddler crabs, and a 156g stock tank pond with goldfish and lilypads!
IUI#4 success! Welcome Guy V 11/14/12

#41 of 43 Old 05-11-2012, 10:12 PM

One of my friends took a home pregnancy test when a guy friend  said he thought she was preggo...freaked her out when the test she took came out POSITIVE.

#42 of 43 Old 05-14-2012, 08:56 PM

I can just kind of "sense" another person there, but maybe they are further along than what you are talking about. I am almost almost ALWAYS right on gender though. It's that whole "other person" thing that either feels male or female to me. In fact, I just correctly called my college roommate's baby bump as a girl a week or so ago.

I also once had a dream about my best friend having a baby boy and a few hours later, my phone rang. It was friend calling to tell me that she was pregnant (I was the first to know- even before her DH because she wanted to tell him in person but had to tell someone right then). I responded with "Well, it's a boy." She wanted to know how I knew that. I told her I'd just had a dream about her having a boy. 9 months later, we joyously welcomed her beautiful baby boy to the world.

Children's librarian, married to J since 5/12, with 3 cat.gifand 1 crazy dog2.gif. TTC #1, planning on femalesling.GIF, bfinfant.gif, and cd.gif.

#43 of 43 Old 01-14-2014, 12:19 PM

Would you be able to tell through a picture?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page